Betrayal Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hughes spoke up, "Tim, you know I think the world of your wife; best teacher I've got. You have to believe us; nothing bad happened between her and us! It was all innocent!"

Tim retained his calm demeanor while looking from man to man, reading the lies in their eyes and on their faces. Chet knocked and walked in: "What's up, guys?" Tim replied, "They were just assuring me that they did nothing untoward with my wife when they all spent the night together Friday -- as Frank said, 'it was all innocent'."

Chet replied, "You look a little skeptical, Tim."

"You know, boys," Tim said with his head cocked to the side, "When I got home and found a babysitter instead of my wife I got a bit upset and a mite suspicious, so I rode around for a while, until the blizzard hit. When she didn't return overnight my suspicions grew a bundle, I got a mite pissed off, and I took my sons to stay with family that had electricity.

When I learned Sunday around noon that my wife had been found in the company of you three upstanding citizens, plus Joe Ward, school board members Benton and Allen, and the husband of Jeanie Barnes, I tried to play through scenarios other than the obvious.

Then the questions hit me: would that group of coaches, administrators, and school board members actually gangbang my wife? Would they be that stupid? That brought up more questions. Are they low life motherfuckers who would do something like that? We're talking about professionals! Educators, an attorney, a realtor, a city administrator - not thugs, but MARRIED professionals! Would they do something like that?

To appease my concerns I reviewed what I know about the moral fiber, character, and reputation of each man, including his employment history and marriage record. I have to admit, that didn't resolve my concerns one whit!

My next thought was, "Knowing who I am and what I'm capable of, would they really be stupid enough to gang-fuck my wife? The problem with that question is, I realized, that none of you know me well enough to know WHAT I'm capable of. I'll admit that gave me no solace either.

Finally, I asked myself, are they stupid and arrogant enough to do something like that, knowing it would cost the educators their jobs, likely their certifications, and probably their marriages, as well as ruin the reputation and marriages of the other three? I decided I couldn't answer that question, because I didn't know for sure how stupid they are, how much they are willing to risk to fuck my wife, and whether they are so fucking arrogant they think they can get away with it."

The expressions on the faces of the men he addressed slowly morphed from friendly and open to highly concerned.

With disgust and anger marring his face, Tim stood up and said, "I'm meeting with my wife, her attorney, and my attorneys this afternoon. I'll see what she has to say and go from there. Just understand this: if you are lying, the storm you weathered Friday will feel like a summer shower compared to the hurricane that will be coming!"

With that final pronouncement, he told Chet "Let's go!" and walked out the door.

When they got outside, Chet asked, "So, what is the name of the hurricane that is about to hit central Texas?"

Tim answered, "It's the first and worst of the season: Abaddon, the Angel of Death and Destruction!"

Chet was quiet for a ways as they walked back to campus; he touched Tim on the arm and warned, "Remember, this ain't south Texas with all its isolated creeks and ponds." Tim replied, "No, but it has a really big, really deep lake..."

Chet chuckled: "What the fuck were they thinking? Especially Karen -- geez, that might be least sexually attractive group I've ever seen! Well, excepting that turd that is married to Jeanie.

Speaking of, she called in sick today; said she would be out for several days, maybe all week."

Something about the inflection in Chet's words caused Tim to turn to his friend and ask, "All week? Did she say why?"

"Yes," Chet answered while continuing to look straight ahead, "She said she fell at home and hurt herself."

They kept walking in silence and were nearing the school when Tim asked, "You're thinking what I'm thinking, aren't you? She confronted him, and he beat the crap out of her.

Do you still have your boat tied up at your house? He may be the first of the assholes swimming in the deepest part of Lake Travis with concrete block ballast!"

Chet laughed and patted his friend on the back. "Might want to gather a few more facts before you unleash Abaddon! Seriously, though, some time when you're ready you need to tell me the real story about the 'storm survivors' little adventure."

Tim promised he would, and went to his classroom to conduct his only afternoon class, AP Biology. As soon as the class ended, he went to the gym parking lot to meet Sharon. She had all the statements he had requested, save one. "Mary Perry refused, Coach. She said she didn't want to get involved, but everyone knows the real reason. She has had a big crush on Coach Rodgers ever since he got divorced.

Anyway, we know when she was there so we included that night on the list.

Everyone else wrote down the dates and times they babysat for your kids, the name of the person who hired them, the person who took them there and brought them home if they didn't have their own car, and the names of anyone they saw in the car with your wife, just as you asked.

She looked at him eagerly as she spoke; he looked back at her affectionately and thanked her. She gave him a saucy smile, pointed to him, and quietly promised, "Anything for you, Coach." She tossed her long blonde tresses, turned, looked over her head to make sure he was watching, and sashayed back to her car. She was wearing a ridiculously form-fitting dress that stopped mid-thigh, and he couldn't stop watching. She was a rare beauty, built, and brilliant; and all he had to do was ask!

He shook his head, called himself an idiot, and went to his truck.

Slaughter's car was at the Admin office, so he looped by the field house and retrieved his recorder from the folded newspaper. His wife had sent word that she could leave early today, so he proceeded to their meeting, rescheduled for three o'clock.

Tim consulted with Patti again before the meeting, telling her he wanted Karen on the record when she explained what happened, and if she would not go on record, he wouldn't stay. When she told him the name of her lawyer, he instructed her to get him to verify her story on the record, if possible. Tim would agree to return to their home only if Karen (1) went on the record regarding her whereabouts Friday night, (2) ensured him she had never been with those men before, and (3) what she told him was the truth. There was an additional stipulation: (4) that she agree to STD tests and counseling.

They entered the larger meeting room, where Karen, Barry Benton, and Andy were waiting. Karen looked delectable in a dressy navy blue jumpsuit that showed her curves to great advantage. She was seated at the large table beside Benton, who didn't look happy to see Patti.

Andy was to her right, at the head of the table. She had been chatting merrily with Andy, but stopped and gave Tim a huge smile when he and Patti walked it. Tim cordially nodded and said hello to everyone without attempting to shake hands. He was seated beside his attorney in a chair directly across from Karen. She continued smiling broadly at him, but he looked away.

Andy made the introductions, even though everyone except Patti and Karen were well known to the others. Andy stated, "The purpose of this conference is to bring the parties together in order to come to a full understanding of the events of last Friday that resulted in Mrs. Kelly staying out all night rather than at home with her kids and husband."

Benton interjected that his client welcomed the opportunity to set the record straight, and show her husband that he erred when he took her children and left rather than waiting for her to return from her ordeal. As a result, he claimed, she suffered further emotional damage after being saved. He also asserted that he, Barry Benton, could and would substantiate her story because he was there.

Patti declared, "Then neither you nor your client will mind if we record the ensuing conversations, for the record. My client has heard one version of the events from the police, and another from Coaches Rodgers and Slaughter, and Frank Hughes, the principal of the campus where Mrs. Kelly works. He wants to hear his wife's story, and have an opportunity to consider it in the future in case he missed something. Therefore, he would like these proceeding to be 'on the record'. There are not objections, I assume."

Benton frowned and began, "I've had inadequate time to review...", but Karen cut him off. "Of course we don't mind! The truth doesn't need to hide under a basket!" Andy looked like he had heartburn, and Benton looked like he had swallowed something rotten, but Patti quickly thanked her and started the tape recorder with a recitation of the names of those present and the agreement that all remarks would be considered 'on the record' for legal purposes. She then leaned back in her chair, asked each speaker to identify himself or herself, and told Karen, "Please proceed."

Tim, however, interrupted. "This is Tim Kelly. Karen, as I told you in the note I left, there are things that I need to know, and I need you to tell me the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about each. You will only get one chance to do that. Are we clear?"

She replied, "Oh yes, honey, that is very clear! And don't worry -- I really want to tell you what happened because then you will understand how foolishly you reacted!"

"The previous speaker was Karen Kelly" stated Patti for he record.

Andy's heartburn got worse, and he stared at Tim, urging him mentally to warn her; he did. "Tim Kelly again. Karen, you don't know WHAT I know, but before you start you need to know that I know more than you think I do. If you tell me something I know to be false, I will file for divorce and for temporary custody of our sons! You only get one chance, and this is it!"

Karen faltered a bit, looked at Benton; he nodded, which seemingly resolved her concerns. "Tim, I.." Patti interrupted: "This is Karen Kelly speaking. Mrs. Kelly, you may begin."

Karen began again, "Tim, Honey, Friday was nothing more than bad luck! JW and Steve invited me to go to your game, I called and got Sharon to babysit, and then...."

While she spun the same web of lies she spun to Andy and the three assholes spun to Tim in the coaches' office, Tim kept his eyes trained on her, looking for anything to indicate a conscience; unfortunately, he found no indication. When she reached the part about being rescued, Tim turned his eyes to Andy, who was now slumped in his chair.

Karen concluded, "So, you see, Tim Honey, it was all a big misunderstanding. Nothing happened between me and any of the men that wouldn't stand the husband test! Now, can you come home and bring my boys back to me? I want to resume our happy lives, so I forgive you for doubting me!"

Andy groaned lightly and dipped his head. Tim looked at Karen and said, "So, let's review. I asked who, and your answer is Rodgers, Slaughter, Benton there, Hughes, Ward, Allen, and Barnes. I asked what, and your answer is nothing happened that you wouldn't have been happy for your husband to watch. I asked how long, and your answer is just this one time, on Friday night. And I asked why, and your answer is...what, bad luck?

How about you Mr. Benton: please give us your version of what happened." Benton looked him right in the eye and told him that everything Karen said about the time they were all at the ranch was the Gospel truth, but, of course, he couldn't speak to anything that happened before because he wasn't in the truck with them.

When he stopped speaking, Karen condescendingly said, "Okay, now you know! I'm mad you jumped to conclusions and ran off with my sons, but I promise I'll forgive you when you bring them home, give me a hug and a kiss, and apologize to me tonight!" Tim assessed Benton, then Andy, and finally Karen with a stern gaze, and replied to her demand.

"Karen, we won't be home tonight, or any other night. I told you what I'd do if you lied, and you lied so often and so well any trust I ever had in you, any love I had for you, died!

Don't look at me like you can't believe it -- I fucking warned you before we started that I knew more than you thought!"

He turned his eyes from his shocked wife to her shocked attorney and back, and then exclaimed, "Why would you think I would ever take you back if you fucked around on me and then lied about it? Is there something in my character you see that no one else does? I'm not your damn cuck; I'm not going to let you screw around with a bunch of assholes like this and just turn my head!"

Benton blanched, and Tim continued. "Now, I've had my say. I'm leaving, but you can expect to hear from my attorney in the near future, as can you Mr. Benton. Might want to go ahead and prepare your other clients for the same service, because they will all hear from my attorney in the very near future. Good day!"

Tim stood up and walked down the hall to the small office where he and his attorney met prior to the conference, and Patti gathered her documents, notes, and the recorder.

Karen sat there, mouth open, completely stunned by Tim's reaction, and Benton muttered under his breath while he gathered his papers. Karen looked at Andy, saw a look of disgust she'd never seen before in his eyes, and broke down in tears. Andy got up, told them to leave via the front door, wished them a good day, and proceeded down the hall to meet with Tim and Patti.

When he entered the small office, Tim was sitting in a chair along the wall. Patti already had the phone in her hand when she asked Tim, "So, file the custody and divorce papers?"

Tim nodded, and looked at Andy. "What about the others?" Andy asked.

Tim replied, "You're the expert. As I've said, getting custody of the boys is the immediate goal, getting rid of the slut is the short-term goal, and ruining the assholes is a longer-term goal, so you tell me. Now, or later?"

Andy had a surprise for him: "Somehow, my good friend who is the president of the school board got wind of the Friday night debacle, and had the board secretary add two items to the Thursday meeting agenda. They are listed rather innocuously, but, if we're ready by Thursday, he intends to suspend all the school personnel involved, and censor the two board members. He has the board's attorney looking into ways to remove them from the board for cause if they won't resign. With those developments in mind, I recommend we wait until Friday to drop the hammer on them!"

Tim handed half of the babysitter statements to each attorney, told them one girl wouldn't give a statement, and stated, "This proves it has been going on weekly since two days after Christmas. I want to FUCKIN' KILL THEM, but I'll settle for ruining them, if, and only if, they are COMPLETELY RUINED!

None of these mutherfuckers should be in education, and Larry shouldn't even be allowed to walk around breathing air! I learned today that his wife took the week off because she 'fell down and hurt herself at home'. I know, and you know, what really happened. I'm going by to talk to her before I go get the boys, and if he did what I think..."

"My husband is a great attorney, and he does a lot of work for plaintiffs and people who have been abused," Patti said. "If he did beat her, make her call him. Hubby will make sure she's safe, and will ensure he pays big and for a long time! Here's his card."

Andy stood when Tim did, clasped his friend by the arm, and sincerely told him, "You were right; she's a pathological liar, and I could never advise you to get back with her. But, Tim, don't let your hurt and anger result in your sons being raised by her because their father is in jail. If you are in jail, she's going to get custody, no matter what's she done, so keep your cool."

Tim looked thoughtful for several seconds, shook hands with his attorneys, promised he would, and left.

Jeanie wouldn't open the door when he rang the doorbell, telling him she was sick and didn't want him to catch what she has. He reminded her she told the school she got hurt, and that he would call the cops if she didn't let him in. She finally opened it a crack and begged him to leave. He gently but firmly pushed the door open and forced his way inside.

Jeanie cowered behind the door, trying to hide her face. Tim's anger surged when he saw the left side of her pretty face was swollen and bruised, with the eye on that side eye almost swollen shut. He also saw bruises on her arms, and she was clutching her side. "That mother fucker! I'm going to kill him!" Tim raged.

Jeanie shut the door and begged, "Please, Tim, he just lost his temper. He promised me he won't do it ever again!"

"And is that the first time he's made that promise, Jeanie?" Tim asked disbelievingly.

Jeanie looked down at the floor, and he knew the answer. "Jeanie, Tigers don't grow spots and Leopards don't grow stripes. He's a bully and an abuser; he's not going to stop until he kills or cripples you! You have to let someone help you, and I have the man for the job. Jimmy Haussmann is expecting your call; I'm going to dial his number, you're going to tell him you want to retain his services, and then you're going to tell him what happened. After that, I'll make sure you are safe until your attorney can take over."

She cowered and shook her head, appearing terrified and ashamed.

"NO, Jeanie, do not be like that!" Tim warned her when she shook her head and lowered her eyes. "Do you want to die? Do you want to spend your life as a cripple? No kids, no friends, just a husband who loves you so much he beats you senseless? You have to stop it, and stop it now! I'm dialing, you're talking!"

Jeanie continued to look distraught, but took the phone when Tim handed it to her. She listened for several minutes, said yes, and then tearfully told her new attorney her story. Tim's heart bled for her as she described her worry while he was gone from Friday until Sunday, confronting him when he finally came home, and him beating her into unconsciousness with his fists and a broomstick.

Tim's sympathy for her turned to fury directed at the cruel bully she had married, and he vowed to himself that the jackass would feel the same pain Jeanie had!

After the phone conversation with her new attorney, Tim helped her pack an overnight bag, and carefully helped her into his pickup. He drove her over to the Haussmann residence, where she would be staying until charges were filed and a protection order was granted.

Along the route, she equivocated. "Larry was upset because I didn't believe his story about playing poker and getting stranded, and I knew he was really mad that his beloved BMW was burned up. I told him the problem with that story was that I've never known him to play poker; in fact, I've heard him make fun of people who do.

I was furious that he was lying to me, so I told him that I have never known his to play poker, but I HAVE known him to screw other women! That was when he got furious and started beating me. I begged him to stop, but he just kept hitting me with his fists.

When I fell to the ground, he took the broom and started hitting me with it, until it broke. Then he raged at me about doubting him and making him hurt me, and then he helped me up, told me I wasn't really hurt and he would take care of me, and laid me on the bed.

Maybe he told me the truth. Maybe I overreacted and let my imagination mislead me. Maybe if I had just believed him..."