Betrayed Husbands Anonymous Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I got to work and found our accountant and Dave Williams hard at it.

"Maybe you didn't hear the news." I said and waited for Dave to respond.

"I don't watch the news." He said with an indignance that made it sound like it was wrestling, or something.

"Mason and I presume you wife, were killed last night in a car crash.

Williams looked at me, blankly. Then a smile formed. "It is a beautiful morning, after all."

We thanked the accountant for his hard work and saw him to the door. I thought, Chuck authorized spending $10,000 and we'd only spent about $1,500 when the investigation was halted by the death of the investigatee. He might be willing to throw money around as a decoy, but Chuck's frugality still showed.

Williams and I were enjoying a cup of coffee when the police showed up. They told him the woman involved in the accident was his ex-wife. He said he had presumed it was. They asked him when he knew of the accident, and he said just a few minutes earlier.

The police then asked if they could speak with him privately. I gave them my office. They were in there for about an hour. When they came out Williams left, and they asked to speak with me. Swell.

"Mr. Anderson, could we ask you about your relationship with Mr. Williams?"

"Well, certainly. But might I ask why?"

"Mr. Williams filed a criminal complaint. He was assaulted, he claimed by a Mr. Mason and Mr. Williams' ex-wife. Now, those two are dead under suspicious circumstances."

With that introduction, I told them about BHA, Williams request, our suspicion of fraud, and the continuing investigation. The two policemen listened carefully.

"What if Williams wanted you to harm Mason? Or Williams' ex-wife?"

I laughed. Not a nervous, oh my, kind of laugh - rather a that's a ridiculous notion kind of laugh. "First, Williams never asked such a thing. And second, no matter what he asked, I am willing to do nothing which is against the law; let alone murder."

We talked for quite a while. Police investigations are bizarre if you ask me. They ask irrelevant questions, then go back and ask a significant question, over and over. I was asked if I would do a contract killing - no, that's against the law. I was asked if I would have Mason assaulted - no, that's against the law.

After a while, they were either satisfied, or sick of their questions or my answers. They thanked me and asked me to introduce them to Chuck. I did. They closed the door and presumably did the same thing with him, for a while.

When they left Chuck didn't approach me, so I didn't speak to him, either.

I went to lunch with Bridget. We talked about the deaths, the police, and where things were likely to go. During the whole time we ate our salads my head was on a swivel, like the police were about to arrest me. Bridget told me to calm myself and I did my best.

You never know

Nearly a month passed. I never heard another thing. There had been no arrests, maybe the police decided the crash was an accident.

Dave Williams came walking into the office and sat down.

"Dave, how are things?" I asked, hoping to hear a favorable response.

"They've been better."

There is common decency. It would demand asking why things had been better. Then, there is common sense. It would demand leaving the topic alone. It's not that I lack decency, but I chose to sit and wait.

Dave was apparently happy just sitting, too. Not five minutes later, six police officers walked into the outer office.

Dave looked at me and said, "Who knew they'd do autopsies on the bodies. The police ruled out an accident since my Ex and her love were dead before the car went off the road."

The police walked in, "David Williams? You are under arrest for the murders of..."

They were walking out the door and I was in shock. Who saw that coming?

I sat there only about a minute and Chuck called me into his office.

He saw my look and said, "Don't worry. I'm sure Dave knows not to say anything until counsel shows up."

"Okay?" I said, though clearly it wasn't.

"I am sure he'll have a great lawyer and will never be convicted."

"Chuck, it seemed to me he is guilty as hell."

"Oh, I am not talking about anyone's guilt or innocence. Who did it has nothing to do with arrests or convictions. My concern is how will I get paid for Mason's death, if Junior believes someone else caused it?"

What could go wrong?

One commenter asked facetiously, what could go wrong when third parties try to get revenge. Here is one example. This has nothing to do with the on-going BHA series.

Chuck called me into his office.

"I need you to gather some information on Mayor Tyler and his wife."

"Are they in the process of a divorce?"

"Not exactly."

I sighed, Chuck has a habit of talking around what he is saying, rather than just saying it. "Chuck, can you give me a quick version? My furnace filters need cleaning before the end of the month, and I must get home."

"All right, smart ass. The problem is this has a couple of steps. You know Wally, don't you?"

"Big Dick Wally?"

"That's the one."

"So, what has he been up to?"

"There is some guy, a client of ours, whose ex has a habit of going out to bars, picking up strange men, taking them home, and fucking herself happy. His wish was to have somebody take her out and scare her, rough sex - that sort of thing."

"And this would involve the mayor in what way?" Though it rarely has an impact, I try to move Chuck along.

"Well, though I've never seen him in the flesh, so to speak, Wally is endowed like some porn star. He is adept at dancing and letting women know of his gift."

"So, Wally takes the slut out and gives her what for?" If I can't hurry Chuck along, maybe I can guess the outcome.

Chuck just shook his head, "Sounds simple, doesn't it? The reason I mentioned Wally's endowment, apparently when he was gifted with that, what would I call it, appendage - it was his sole allotment. Have you ever met someone so stupid you felt badly for them?"

"Sure."

"Wally looks up to those people."

Frustration was looming, so I said, "We are getting to the mayor. I know we are."

"Wally finds the slut, gets her all hot and bothered and tells her he'll pick her up in front of the bar."

"Why didn't they leave together?" I'm wondering what Wally was thinking.

"Wally parked around the corner. He was afraid his car would be recognized."

"His car is that unique?"

That got a laugh from Chuck, "He was driving an unidentifiable company car; like I said, one gift."

We both got a chuckle from that. He continued, "She comes out and gets in the back seat. Wally figures she wants some backseat adventure. He pulls into a parking lot and jumps back with her."

"But that isn't what she wanted?" Maybe this was like Jeopardy, if I answered with a question, I'd win some prize.

"Wally gets that big dick out and pushes her panties to the side and goes to it. She is screaming and hitting him, crying rape. Then, like the movie, she starts singing Oh, Sweet Mystery of Life at Last I Found You. Wally has a new best friend."

"Oh, and our client is upset because the Ex enjoyed the sex?" Chuck refuses to get to the point. Scientists drive rats crazy, running them through mazes with no cheese. I envied those rats.

"No, it seems the Ex came out the front door and got in an uber, who'd been asked to take the mayor's wife home."

"The two looked that much alike?" I could see we were rounding third, headed for home.

"Well, the uber driver took off, went around the block, and brought the slut back, recognizing the error. By the time they were back, Wally and the mayor's wife were gone. As for Wally's power of observation, apart from age, how they were dressed, hair style and color - the Ex and the mayor's wife were practically twins - he never noticed. Like I said, one gift."

I got up to see about our newest client, the mayor.

End Note

Again, my apologies for taking so long. I have Part 4 nearly completed, so hopefully that will appear within a week.

To me, the best revenge is living well, but a large segment of the readers here prefer some level of retribution. Hopefully these stories can find some balance.

12