Between Two Wolves Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Call her," James ordered Caireen, handing him his phone. Caireen complied and dialed the number. "Leave," James said once the phone was back into his hands. He watched as the phone rang on the screen and as Aurora immediately picked up.

"Hello?" Aurora said into the phone frantically.

"Hello Aurora," James said in the most sultry voice he could muster. He leaned in close to watch her face as she was taken aback then returned to the phone once more. "Jasmine is fine," He said, "but I do not want the two of you leaving town."

"Your beta said as much," Aurora said. He watched as she took the cordless phone and laid down on the bed. "If she comes back to me with a scratch on her, I will burn your entire pack to the ground."

"All by yourself?" He asked a grin appearing on his face. He liked this game.

"I believe I can do anything I put my mind too. I am a creative type like that." She said. James noticed the way she clutched onto the bedsheets and how she tapped her toes. Aurora was nervous. "All you have to do is give her back to me and we'll leave and never look back."

"Why do you make the rules. You trespassed onto my land after all." James leaned back in the chair. "I think I am the one who gets to decide your punishment."

"Because I am the stronger Alpha," Aurora said calmly. James could not help but chuckle. He tried to distance the phone from himself but he could tell she heard it by the furrowing of her eyebrows. "I easily overpowered your beta."

"He was being polite. You are a distressed female who lost her mate." James cooed over the phone.

"Was he being polite when I almost ripped his throat out?" Aurora jested. James' face fell. He could see a sinister smile grow on Aurora's face. "Poor thing. He tried begging but all he could muster was a please before I cut off his air supply. You're right. I was upset and your friend was right there for me to squeeze like one of those, what do you call it? Stress balls." Impossible, besides James and his sister, Briannon was the strongest wolf in the pack. She had to be lying.

"Come tomorrow. We'll talk." James responded solemnly then hung up. Aurora chuckled. James hastily got up to turn off the button to her monitor and sat back in his chair. Briannon wasn't just a strong warrior, he was James' best friend. Even if what Aurora said wasn't true she attempted to humiliate him by calling him weak. An insult to his beta and by default to his pack. But James' couldn't muster any bitterness or animosity towards Aurora. He wanted to. He wanted to defend his friend, his people but he couldn't bring himself to say anything to her.

Aurora Cholmondeley was dangerous. She was meant to be here. The goddess meant for them to cross paths. He knew that much now by just looking at her but whether he could subdue her was a different story.

12