Beware of What You Wish For Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seduced! She says you admitted to drugging her. There was no way she would have let you fuck her otherwise. You drugged her and then for all intents and purposes, raped her. I should call the police." Ian was in full flow now. It was time to stop him, even if I was going to bend the truth a little bit.

"Okay, three things. First, I did NOT drug her. I admit I fed her a lot of booze and to using a powerful aphrodisiac but I did not and I repeat I did NOT give her a date rape drug."

Ian just glowered at me, so I smiled back, hoping to goad him into taking another swing at me. "And what's the second thing?" he finally asked.

"Well ... you might not want to hear about the second thing," I answered with a grin, now revelling in his agony.

"Tell me!" he said through gritted teeth.

"Okay, don't say I didn't warn you. It wasn't just that night we had sex ... we fucked ALL of the next day as well."

I smiled as I delivered the coup de grâce. "And I'm sure you'll agree that at some point during the day the booze and aphrodisiac would have worn off, which just goes to prove that she was more than a willing participant! She just couldn't seem to get enough of my cock. Has she always been like that Ian?"

I paused briefly to see the effect of that nugget of information. Judging by the look on his face, Gina had been less than forthcoming over the extent of our liaison. As I had just been about the aphrodisiac. I'd actually laced it with a very small amount of powdered ecstasy. Not a lot though, just enough to lower her inhibitions and loosen her morals. I wasn't a complete bastard. I hadn't used Rohypnol and I didn't count ecstasy as a date rape drug so that made it okay in my mind.

Time for the final hammer blow. "And thirdly when you rang and heard her being unfaithful, we were actually in bed together on our second date and she had given herself to me quite freely without the aid of any artificial stimulants. And let me tell you, she was every bit as good a fuck without them as she was with them."

Ian stared at me with a look that was a combination of hurt, shock, anger and hatred. I could see he was weighing up the odds of having another swing at me.

"I think you'd better go Ian," I said, with a smirk. I watched him stand up wearily and then dropped the hammer blow.

"Oh ... and by the way ... you're services are no longer required and you've got until the end of the day to clean out your office."

He glared back at me before turning quickly to leave.

IAN'S STORY

I stormed out of Paul's office, reeling from the shock of his words. Gina had not only been unfaithful she had now seemingly lied about the extent of her betrayal.

I made it back to my office, closed the door and brooded over the the latest revelations. It took me most of the day but I eventually began to have the inklings of a plan of revenge.

I waited until I saw Paul leave the building before I made my way back to his office. I needed to know what he was up to so I went to see his personal assistant, Angie. She'd been working for Paul for almost fifteen years and she definitely knew where all the bodies were buried so if anyone could help me, I thought she could. All I had to do was get her to talk.

We glossed over the pleasantries before I got down to business.

"Can you tell me what Paul is working on?" I knew I was being blunt. I was hoping she didn't see my anger, which was bubbling fiercely just below the surface.

Angie looked up at me with a hint of surprise at my tone. She shook her head. "You know I can't do that Ian. It's top secret."

I knew she was a shrewd cookie when it came to business matters and there was no doubting her loyalty but she also knew all of Paul's foibles and I was banking on the fact she liked me enough to open up just a little bit.

"Jesus Christ Angie, we're not the Secret Service for fuck's sake," I snapped back. "So you can't help me then?" I spat, regretting my tone instantly. I didn't want to get her back up. I could use an ally.

"What's going on Ian?" She was now peering cautiously over the top of her glasses.

"Nothing."

She continued to look over the top of her glasses. Neither of us spoke for a while.

"I'm sorry Ian." I knew then that she knew about Paul and Gina.

I fought back the massive lump in my throat.

"Fine. Thank you Angie. See you around." I turned and walked away. My anger must have been clearly visible.

She called out after me. "Ian ... I really am sorry."

I didn't answer.

I made my way back to my office and after closing the door behind me slumped down into my chair. I began to go through my options. it didn't take long.

So Angie couldn't or wouldn't help me. That left me with trying to access his computer to see what he was working on. I could ask one of the IT guys here but decided that was a non starter. I shouldn't trust anyone that worked for Paul. I couldn't afford for him to get any inkling of what I wanted to do.

Carl Porter. His name came to me in a flash of inspiration. He was an old work college from years ago. He'd always been a maverick, so much so that he got fired from the company where we'd met. Apparently they took a dim view to him using their computer network for his own gain. He did a few things that they deemed to be illegal. Knowing Carl they probably were.

I'd sort of kept in touch with him but over the years we'd both moved about a fair bit so my last know address for him was a couple of years old. I rang around a few of my other old work colleagues to see if any of them could help me find him.

I got lucky. One of them had a current email address. I messaged Carl immediately and he responded straight back. He was working in Italy but was happy to come and help me. I sent him the air fare by bank transfer and he flew in the next day on the first available flight.

When I met him at the airport, he hadn't changed a bit. Even after all these years he still had the appearance of a college drop out. Unkempt with a scruffy beard and sloppy clothes. That was Carl alright.

But he was a whiz with the computers. That evening I took him to Paul's offices, gaining entry using my keys that Paul had not taken from me. He always was sloppy about minor details like that.

It took Carl less than half an hour to hack into Paul's files and not much longer to download all the information I needed onto a flash-drive.

I put him back on a plane the next day with my undying thanks and a promise that I'd meet up with him again soon.

I was still living in the apartment with Gina but I was numb towards her. I had no idea what I really felt. Conflicted perhaps? I was sure we probably couldn't get through this. Certainly we were sleeping in separate bedrooms. Luckily she was keeping her distance whilst being incredibly busy looking after us. I didn't talk to her much. That would come later.

It took me some more digging before I finally found what I was looking for. Paul was working on a new contract with the Cressida Corporation. Their CEO was Richard Cresswell. I researched his company and hit pay dirt. This was liquid gold and far better than I could ever have imagined. I knew that I could seriously damage Paul. Possibly completely ruin him. My adrenaline started to pump harder the deeper I delved.

Cressida Corporation were big and I mean REALLY BIG on ethical and morality issues. Anybody dealing with them had to sign contracts that were liberally laced with morality clauses and also agree to random ethical checks during the contract term. It meant a lot of work for both sides in any agreement. I couldn't believe that Paul had the audacity to even try to pull it off. But he was nothing if not supremely confident in all of his business dealings. It's what had made him successful. But maybe this might also be his Achilles heel.

My first job was to get a meeting with Mr Cresswell. That proved a lot harder than I expected. Mr Cresswell didn't often work from his corporation headquarters and getting his home address was like trying to collect rocking horse shit. But I eventually got lucky.

I turned up unannounced and uninvited at his front door the next day. Getting inside was easy. I told him I had vital information regarding his newly signed contract with our company.

He led me into his large living room. It was comfortably furnished, oozing expensive class. His wife joined him and then I started.

"Mr Cresswell, my name is Ian Mann and I work for Paul Wolfe. Or should I say I did until recently. My understanding is that you have recently entered into a contract with my former company whereby he will provide all of the service infrastructure work including the building of new docks for the multi million pound Westfield Marina Project."

"That is correct," Mr Cresswell replied, "it's a massive undertaking and we're pleased to have Paul and his company on board to help us."

His brow furrowed. "But if you no longer work for him, why are you here? My apologies if I appear rude but what has it to got to do with you?"

I smiled ruefully. "No apology is necessary Mr Cresswell and my reason for being here will become clearer in a few moments. But I would like to ask you one more question if I may?"

Mr Cresswell nodded his head in affirmation.

"My understanding is that recently your company, Cressida Corporation, made a well deserved entry into the top twenty list of organizations who have demonstrated a diverse range of social responsibility goals and initiatives, including morality and ethical choices in life."

"That's right," Mr Cresswell said as he beamed with delight, "we're very proud of our achievements in those fields. They are our company core values and something that we hold very strong views about." He looked sideways at his wife who was also beaming and vigorously nodding her head in agreement.

"Do you make these core values known to your suppliers and business associates and to companies that you enter into business relationships with?" I asked.

"Indeed we do. We make it very clear at the outset of any contract negotiation that the company we enter into an agreement with must hold the same beliefs and values as ourselves. We will not conduct business with anyone who cannot or will not accept our moral or ethical stance."

"It must make it difficult at times," I said.

"Sometimes," Mr Cresswell replied with a rueful smile. "Look Mr Mann, It's not that we're religious nuts or tree-huggers or anything like that. It's just that we strongly believe there should be standards by which we should live our lives. Too often in today's modern society you see a lack of ethics and certainly a lack of morals. We're not prepared to put up with that, hence our mission statement."

"Very commendable," I replied, hoping that I didn't sound condescending. I paused briefly before I continued.

"Well Mr Cresswell, what I'm about to tell you will no doubt come as a shock. I regret to inform you that you have been deceived and that deception means you stand to lose that newly achieved position you so clearly covet. You will lose it because you have entered into a contract with a company whose founder and CEO is a serial philanderer and divorced womaniser, a person who has demonstrated time and time again, in both his business dealings and personal life that he is the most unethical and immoral man I know."

"That is an outrageous accusation to make," Mr Cresswell said calmly. "I hope you can back it up."

"Yes it is," Mrs Cresswell interjected, "when we met Mr Wolfe for the first time he introduced us to his wife. They made a lovely couple. They even stayed here for the night when we invited them for dinner."

I winced at that bit of information. That would be Gina's second date with Paul. The night I heard them fucking. I felt sick to my stomach but forced myself to stay focused on the job in hand. "I can assure you that the lady with Paul on both those occasions was not his wife."

"Nonsense, of course she was his wife. They looked very happy together. We even heard them making love the night they stopped here," Mrs Cresswell added bluntly.

My guts turned over. That was the second kick in the stomach Mrs Cresswell had inflicted on me in less than a minute.

Mr Cresswell gave her a quick stare, which shut her up. "And how do you know this Mr Mann?" he asked.

"Because the woman that was with him just so happens to be MY wife," I said.

Mrs Cresswell gasped but her husband just looked at me.

"Your wife?"

"Yes."

"I think you'd better explain yourself Mr Mann. Why would you allow your wife to act as the wife to another man? And then let them have a sexual liaison ..." He looked at me again, the disgust clearly evident on his face.

"I didn't. Please let me explain," I said as I pulled some documents from my pocket. "These are pictures of us when we got married and this is a copy of our marriage certificate." I handed them over to Mr Cresswell who glanced at them and then passed them to his wife. "And this is a recent photograph of us on holiday."

I then proceeded to tell them the whole sorry tale. By the time I'd finished, Mr Cresswell was visibly seething and Mrs Cresswell looked like she might burst into tears at any moment.

"Oh you poor dear," she said when I finally finished. "How could your wife be so ... so callous. And Mr Wolfe ... what a horrible man he is."

"Truly despicable," Mr Cresswell said, nodding his head in agreement with his wife. "Mr Mann, you have our heartfelt sympathy and if what you say about Mr Wolfe is true then we will be terminating our contract with him immediately.

"However before I undertake any course of action I do feel that it would be prudent for me to do some more checking of my own. I'm sure you can understand that I need to be thorough. If I've already been hoodwinked once, I don't want it to become a regular occurrence. I'm sure you can understand my concerns Mr Mann."

"Indeed I can," I replied, "and I would expect nothing less."

"Splendid. I will get my enquiries under-way immediately and I will give you a call as soon as I get the report back," Mr Cresswell said as he rose from his chair. Our meeting was apparently over. For now.

GINA'S STORY

The day after he got back Ian had gone out. I had no idea where but when he arrived home I could see he was upset. I learned later from Angie, Paul's PA, that Ian had been to see Paul. I should have guessed that would be the first thing he would do.

He was so cold towards me, even more so now. As much as I tried to get closer to him, the more he distanced himself from me.

Over the coming days when he was home he spent most of his time in the guest bedroom, only leaving it to either eat or go out. He spent no time with me at all. At meal times he barely conversed. How could I show him how sorry I was if he wouldn't interact with me.

I knew I had hurt him badly and I would regret that until my dying day but I was hoping that Ian would find it in his heart to forgive me. After all, he was a far better person than me.

So, I played the dutiful wife hoping that eventually he would start to appreciate me all over again. It was to prove wishful thinking on my part. I just wasn't aware of it at that moment.

IAN'S STORY

I realised that I'd barely spoken to Gina since my return. I was still angry but it had dissipated slightly due to my desire to plot my revenge first. This had taken up a lot of time, energy and resources. With that hopefully now started my next priority was to find another job before I ran out of money. Gina, whilst still a massive problem would have to wait for a little while longer.

After my success with Anderson's in the UK I'd been asked to go over to America to look at their operation there. Paul's idea was for me to get them to sign up to a similar deal as they had here.

I rang Jerry Guzman at Anderson's in America. He had been most helpful and accommodating when I'd had to rush back home and when I filled him in on what had happened since he sounded genuinely upset over my predicament.

He asked me to "come on back" as soon as possible as he needed to talk to me face to face. This sounded too good to be true. As I ended the phone call my mind went into overdrive.

I knew instinctively they were going to offer me a job. I also knew that if they did I would jump at it. I needed to get away. I needed a clean break. A do-over. A fresh start.

But where would that leave Gina and me? Would I forgive her and take her with me or was this the end? Would my do-over include dumping my cheating wife?

I immediately booked the next flight out and as I was packing for my trip Gina came home from work. She burst into tears when she saw my open suitcase on the bed.

"I knew it. You're leaving me aren't you?" she said between sobs.

"No, not yet," I said harshly, "I've got to go back to the States that's all."

"Why?"

"Because Gina, I have no job. Your lover sacked me!" I knew I was being hurtful and pathetic but I couldn't help myself. The emotions were still too raw.

"He's not my lover, how can you even say that," Gina wailed.

I stopped my packing and looked up at her. "Very easily actually. Once, I could maybe accept as a mistake but not a repeat performance."

"But I told you, he drugged me."

"So you were already drugged BEFORE you went off to stay overnight with him at the Cresswell's were you?" I said, my voice growing louder as my anger flared, "I think not Gina. You should have told him to fuck off when he asked you to go with him. But you didn't - did you! No - you went anyway." I paused, hoping to bring my emotions back under control.

"Hardly the actions of a loving and faithful wife was it!" I added scornfully.

"But it wasn't like that Ian, you have to believe me ... please ..."

"Yeah right!" I snorted. "Just fuck off Gina and leave me alone, I can't bear to look at you right now, let alone talk to you."

I zipped up my suitcase and heaved it off the bed before grabbing my coat.

"Where are you going?" she asked, "when's your flight?"

"Early tomorrow morning. I'm stopping overnight at an airport hotel."

"Can I come with you?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned slowly around to face her.

"You're kidding right?" I didn't give her chance to reply. "Not a fucking chance!"

I could hear her sobs as I closed the door behind me.

GINA'S STORY

The bottle of wine was empty so I went to make myself a large gin and orange. Ian had left for the airport hotel over two hours ago having told me he was flying back to America in the morning.

I was devastated. Why now? How was I going to apologise and get him to forgive me if he wasn't here?

I had been so incredibly stupid. Was it my vanity that made me think

I could have a platonic date with Paul even after Ian had warned me? I knew what he was like. He'd given me enough signs for god's sake. So why had I done it? Was I THAT curious to find out how and why Paul did the things he did?

And now I had ruined everything. I was certain that Ian would never get over the betrayal. He was going to divorce me as soon as he got back from the States. And it was all my fault. I knocked back the rest of my drink and struggled up off the sofa, feeling the hit immediately as my head swam. I refocused. Never mind, just one more and then maybe tonight I would actually get some sleep for a change.

I returned to the sofa and took a deep drink from the glass. And then another. I put the glass down. I was drinking way too fast and my head was definitely starting to sway from side to side a bit.

And then the door bell rang. Was it Ian? God I hoped so. Of course it couldn't be but I still rushed to the door anyway. I flung it open and gasped. Stood in front of me was the cause of all my woes.