All Comments on 'Beware the Dropbear'

by Frika

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Finally

On a night full of cucky trash on LW, a story to appreciate. Proper revenge on a cheating wife and her lover and a new hero to appreciate. The deadly DropBear lives on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bahahaha

I'm loving these kick ass storylines we're getting lately .

First the Lions ate the asswipe in South Africa , now we've got death by Drop Bear , sort of , with a gentle nod to The World according to Garp dick biting scene .

Plus its going to ruffle the feathers of the anti murder porn story , my preferences trump your entertainment , so do as WE say faction ! ( has anyone noticed that the more they complain , the more stories get written , so please keep railing and ranting about it , please ) .

I enjoyed this fanciful , fictional story author . top marks .

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Minor Point

"Bandit I couldn't see, but I had a fair idea of where he was." - I think you mean Bear, you just said that you're holding Bandit.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Fun flash

The legend of the Dropbear grows. Enjoyable entry in the Sunburned Country theme.

SelqSelqover 5 years ago
Fun read

I liked the use of the drop bear in this story. Interesting way of handling the situation and I just found the story to be very entertaining.

Easy 5 stars and a favorite. Thank you for writing and looking forward to more from you

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Link or author?

Lions in South Africa ate...?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
I guess BTB means bite the bastard in this story...

I saw it coming right up until the Drop Bear part, which did make for an interesting BTB story.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
The title said all.

Personally I found this the most efficient execution I have, though I thought that the crocodiles would get into the game.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A new hero is born - The Dropbear!

Pretty funny stuff. A couple of small errors as pointed out by previous commentators. But an entertaining read. Can't ask for anything more.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 5 years ago
Loved it

What we need now is a Drop Bear t-shirt, or, better yet, a movie. 5*s

FrikaFrikaover 5 years agoAuthor
Feedback appreciated

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone, I wrote and edited DropBear in 14 hrs on Sunday so any typos that escaped deserved to run free. DropBear was the second story I submitted , I never saw Spinifex in the Sunburnt Country Stories, my apologies. It most likely will appear in a day or two, hope you all enjoy that story when it appears also. Cheers Frika ,

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 5 years ago
Oh well done !

I really thought you were going to do a drop bear or the crocs would get her. That was pure entertainment. Thanks for writing it and putting it in the Australian “In a Sunburned Country” story event.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
BTB&B

Ultimate Burn the Bitch & Bastard. Loved it 5 stars worth!

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Bundy Rum!

Bundy Rum!....A funny commercial about A group of Boys warning Tourist Girls at camp site " Be carful we have Drop Bears In Queensland ".....Of course it was Bundy Bear giving the boys a Wink!......Fantastic Story Especially as it was set around My old stomping Grounds ★★★★★ WOOF !

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
The best story today...

The best story today...And again the guilty part was an animal...In another story were lions, in this one a dog. I think the police will need to get help from Ace Ventura...4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Schwanze1 Re: Eaten by Lions

That was in Jungle Fever or Jungle Fever Ch 2, by Ephesus14.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
solid

Something different. Very solid- Don't feel bad about the 4 stars- I rarely give 5's. Again well done! g

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
IF ONE CAN TRAIN A PIG

dog training should be relative simple, especially if a plan can be devised, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

I am curious how Helen could go from loyal loving wife to murderous cheating slut, and the husband detected no change in her attitude, behavior, demeanor, or personality. Just another shallow distant tepid marriage? Sure didn't take him long to believe his wife's drastic change from lover to murderer, based on a few emails and other circumstantial evidence. Since her lover was embezzling and she was an accomplice he could have had them both locked up. Guess he changed to murderous himself?

Thanks for a fun read. Give the dog a biscuit.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
If you got away with that

It must have been back in the days when Dutton was in the Queensland Police Force. (For those not au fait with Australian politics, sorry, but it was too good an opportunity to miss.)

Great fun quickie story, anyhow.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good

Good story. 4 Stars.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 5 years ago
aw man

u lost me when u had 2 ppl planning a murder via email :(

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@tazz317 Re: Training a Pig

Actually, pigs outperform 3-year-old human children on cognition tests and are smarter than any domestic animal, and animal experts consider them more trainable than cats or dogs.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
So...

She is giving a hummer to a guy by a jeep under a tree when a dog falls out of the tree causing her to Garp her lover. She chokes to death on the severed schlong, he bleeds out and then the scene is staged. I was entertained but this just went a bit to wacky for my tastes. I am fine with felonious cheaters RIP- ing in a billabong but this went off the deep end both literally and figuratively. Thanks for the tale and your camping spot sounds great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A awful amount of info left out of this story

Why and when did a loving wife turn and then eventhinkabout murdering the husband . As she took care of him ,making this plot hard to fathom. Then she chokes on her lovers dock and-expires. She could have pulled it out. He bleeds out. To many hole to make this story dooable. He steals the guys stolen money and retires with with no after thought. Wierd story. Burning this bitch does not work.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Nice originality

Entertaining. Good subtle humor.

Looking forward to more of your stories.

FrikaFrikaover 5 years agoAuthor
Haha

1. I knew for sure the haters would come out of the woodwork with this story, it’s just a story people, not a nobel prize entry. With the title of Drop Bear I threw several red herrings in there to keep the DropBear for the surprise element.

2. As for why would a woman leave a husband for another man, it happens, a lot more than you realise in the mining industry. Shift work causes a lot of marriages to collapse, especially rosters involving working away from home, or even in the same town. One incident I can recall involved a husband, who was an under manager coming home to find his wife with her lover chock a block inside her, one .22 caliber rifle, one 10 shot clip empty later, no more lover, husband went to jail, came out and no more cheating wife ever again.

3. Pig dogs are actually quite intelligent animals, but there is a few of them you can only describe as a “doofus” , for non aussies that’s a dumb ass dog.

4. For everyone who enjoyed DropBear for what it was supposed to be, a humorous yarn, thanks for the great comments, Chloe, I hope you got another view of Australia, and Penneydog55, yes, the river is still a awesome place to go camping, perhaps I should have used the setting at Terrible creek instead of Telegraph hole, lot more snappy toms down there near the junction of the Burdekin . :)

5. Spinifex was resubmitted after the typo gremlins struck, 2nd person editing mistakes but cleaned up and sent in last night, hopefully it should be published soon. So looks like I’ll have to write another story now, have 3 drafts of other stories on the back burner at the moment, I might try and get one of them cranked out in the next couple of weeks, work permitting, but I’m off to Brissie to visit my daughter this weekend, then back to work Tuesday , so stay tuned , another story hopefully in a couple of weeks time ,

Cheers Frika.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
LOL

Too Funny. Loved it.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 5 years ago
LOL

That was a fun story. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Frika Re: Drop Bear

I actually did see Bear dropping from a tree, though I thought it might simply be falling on top of someone.

When it came to the BJ, I thought that he would simply fall on her, causing her to bite down.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 5 years ago
Cute one.

I guess a dog is still man's best friend. Ha!

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago

Well, someone had a dog day. ^_^

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Still waiting

Still waiting for the story you promised. If it's as Good as this one, it will be a delight.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Still waiting

Come on, you did promise more.

FrikaFrikaover 4 years agoAuthor
Rl stuff

Apologies, rl threw me a couple of swerves . Working on next story again.. will post when it's coming out.. cheers.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Really?

Those swerves must have turned into a spin out. More drop bear please.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
Good story, but i have a complaint.

You let the cat out of the bag.

You're not supposed to tell foreigners that drop bears aren't real. How are we supposed to take a lend of them if you write that?

Other than that... a quick FYI to all said foreigners, just in case you don't know; this being set in November it's usually bloody hot here, our seasons are the opposite of yours. Just in case you were wondering why anyone's going camping at that time of year.

And don't believe Frika. He's got it wrong. There are no drop bears in Queensland anymore, they're extinct there. If you're in other states, be careful, especially in Tasmania. If the drop bears don't get you, the Tazzie Devils will, and it's no joke, they will take out your Achilles tendon before you can crap yourself.

Then there's always crocodiles, plus most of the more venomous snakes in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
InfiniteCycle.

Since your comment a previously unknown colony of Drop Bears was recently discovered just east of Towoomba at the bottom of the range.

They found this colony when a group of tourists decided to camp in a rarely used camping ground. After there cars had been there for about a week with no sign of activity the authorities went to see if all was ok. They found the camp site deserted and drop bear scat nearby. So they drew the conclusion that a new colony of drop bears had been discovered. They removed the camp site from any register and let it grow wild.

Seriously though folks. If you come to Australia for a visit then please come right along. Most of us are friendly. Even though most of us are blase about the dangers in our country (especially those of us who live outside our major population centres) it is still a beautiful exciting country.

Just follow some common sense rules. If you are travelling in our vast outback please be aware during summer, as InfiniteCycle has said, it gets hot. Very hot. Carry water. Enough for a week, 4 litres per person per day at a bare minimum.

Please also note you may not have cell coverage so let people know where you are heading. The local Police/Post Office/Pub or roadhouse. Have the people in the next stop ring and say you got there OK. The people out there are used to this and have no problem doing it.

Also if your car breaks down then please stay with it. Don't try to walk to the nearest town or settlement it could be 50 or more km's away and you will perish. Stay with the car eventually someone will come along. And if you have sufficient water you should be OK.

If you are walking in the bush keep your eyes out for snakes. We have some of the deadliest snakes in the world and some are aggressive. If you see a snake STOP and don't threaten it.

If travelling up north in the salt water estuaries DON'T camp too close to the water. Every year we hear about some unwary tourist becoming croc tucker because they camped too close to the waters edge or went swimming inthe water.

Basically it all comes down to common sense. Id it looks dangerous it most probably is.

Oh and don't worry about Drop Bears they will only attack a human if their preferred prey has been hard to catch. They prefer wallaby and wombats.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Still awaiting the return of the Drop Bear, or do the Australian overlords have them locked down too?

FluidswallowerFluidswallower8 months ago

A fun read, thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

You miscalculated his money: Earlier, it was, 500k in my super account. 220k in bank account and we owned our house worth over 350k. At the end, he has the 500 and 220, the 750 that Tom stole, the 230 redundancy, but where's the 350 for the house?

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

Thanks for a really fun little read! Good job!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrika@Frika
old enough to remember the first walk on the moon, yet young enough to suffer from conditions known as "idgaf what you think of me" and, "I am who I am". My old computer died a sudden painful death, but I have recovered the draft stories I had started, so fortunately or unfor...