Beyond City Lights

Story Info
It's amazing where you might find love.
14.9k words
4.81
31.2k
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
R410a
R410a
2,967 Followers

This is my one hundred and twentieth submission. To the 1200 plus who faithfully follow my stories I want to say thank you.

As always, anyone participating in sexual activities are 18 or older.

*

"Wat you need Mrs. Everest is a couple hours of sex with a man who know what they be doin, you need some more of that chocolate bar you got so used to wit yo dead husband."

I couldn't believe the insolence of this snot nosed kid as the nine of us sat at our lunch table. I'd been the supervisor of the warehouse for over six years and never in all that time had I experienced one so brazen and stupid. We were a mixed group and all got along well, there were two Hispanic, one a woman, three white including myself and four black men, or should I say three black men and one boy.

Ivan, my lead man, stood to dress the kid down, being a large black man himself I think he felt it necessary to put this kid in his place, I held up my hand in a stop gesture and answered the kid.

"If I did take a man into my bed it would be just that, a man and not a boy like you, being twenty-one does not make you a man. You think because my late husband was black that I somehow need to find another black man to fulfil my needs? I was in love with and married a man, not a skin color you idiot, and before you throw out the big black cock story, Leonard was as average as any of the rest of the men sitting at this table."

I could see the ire on his face as he spoke, "Well you aint nevah been wit somebody like me or you wouldn't be talkin that shit."

I decided to call his bluff, "Okay smartass, whip it out, show us what you've got, I'm betting you are anything but the biggest at the table."

Ivan was still standing, "Well whip it out or keep your stupid mouth shut, you been here what, five months, and you think you can talk to Mrs. E like that? We all knew Leonard and he was ten times the man you'll ever be. You need to apologize boy and don't ever let me hear you talking like that again."

I could see him squirming knowing he'd seriously overstepped his bounds. His name was one of those newer made up ones, Ladino, and he was perilously close to losing his job, I believe he sensed it and stood.

"I apologize Mrs. E."

I glared at him, "I've a mind to write you up for sexual harassment, if I do you're out of here on your ear, instead I'm going to give you a reprimand with a reference to what you said. Just because I was married to a sweet black man don't you ever think for an instant that I have a black ace of spades tattooed on my ass. Ivan, please take this idiot away, boys and girls let's get back to work."

Leonard and I had been married sixteen years when a negative reaction to medication following a root canal took him from me while I slept. Feeling his cold body next to mine in the morning was the saddest moment of my life. He was a sweet man, a kind man, not all wrapped up in the black/white issues that seem to prevail with so many of both races. He was well educated, respected within his precinct as a lead investigator, treated me like his queen and never made me feel less than special. Sadly, we didn't have kids, that was entirely my fault, I didn't know I was infertile until we'd been trying for three years.

Though we shed tears and pined for a child we worked through our sorrow and made a life focused around the two of us. We had both experienced the stupidity of ignorance on both sides of the race spectrum, there were those from my side of the aisle who thought he was somehow less than they were even though he was far more educated and much better paid than those making such assumptions. For me the worst was that because I was married to a black man that other black men viewed me as communal property. There were several that Leonard had to put in their place before word got out that I belonged to Leonard and no one else.

I was nineteen when we met, he was already on the force and had stopped me for a rolling violation (I didn't fully stop at a red light before turning right) I batted my eyes and tried to flirt my way out of the citation to no avail. At the time he was twenty-seven and had just taken his detective exam, a fact I came to know much later. Ironically we crossed paths again two nights later at a gas station, he was on one side of the pump and me on the other, he was in his civilian vehicle and in civvies so I wasn't paying attention, it was he who recognized me first.

With a broad smile he got my attention, "Didn't roll through any stop lights today did you?"

Looking up I smiled as I remembered, "Oh hi, nope. I made sure I stopped completely at every light. I've never been stopped like that before, it surprised me."

Another smile, "I have a confession to make, I've never seen anybody as pretty as you and was looking for a reason to pull you over."

"Well you could have given me a warning instead of a ticket."

"I could have, but then you'd have thought you charmed your way out of it, I have to give you credit, you sure tried."

We married a year later on my twentieth birthday, I remember standing graveside as they handed me the flag that had draped his coffin, 37 and a widow. How would I go on, how would I cope, we had been one another's lives for so many years, in my mind there would never be another, and yet I knew as young as I was that chain of thought would probably change in time.

Walking back to my workstation I was groveling in the fact that at the age of forty-one I still had to put up with shit like what had happened at lunch. Where do these young men get such ideas, who feeds their heads with all this crap? Ivan met me about halfway to my desk and walked alongside.

"You okay Mrs. E, he had no right talking to you like that. Nobody else on the crew thinks that way, if you want the guys and me to do it, we can tune him up after work. I know where he drinks."

I reached up and squeezed his elbow, "Thanks but no thanks, I would feel horrible if you somehow got in trouble. We'll get through this like we have other things, maybe keep an eye on him for me, if his work ethic doesn't improve soon I won't have a choice but to let him go. Oh, and thanks for backing me, it's greatly appreciated, say hi to Beverly for me."

His wife made the best sweet rolls I had ever tasted. The kid's improved attitude lasted about two weeks, when he thought I was alone he approached me again about having him screw me, (my words, not his) that he could make me happy, blah, blah, blah. Little did sonny know that if I flipped a switch next to my desk that a series of lights would flash throughout the warehouse indicating an emergency response was necessary. The entire crew was outside my open door in less than a minute, his goose was cooked and he knew it, I called HR who in turn had security escort him to his locker and from the building.

It was a slow time of year, letting him go wouldn't affect the ability to do our jobs, in another two months that would change, I told HR I would be ready to start doing interviews to fill his vacant position in a month. When the time came the people I had to choose from was dismal at best, most were either older and didn't want to work as hard as the job demanded or they were very young expecting to start at 60K a year and full benefits. There was the odd one amongst them, I eventually settled on a twenty five year old guy with a wife and new baby, considering his obligations I knew he'd show up every day and work hard, I could tell by his demeanor he wasn't about to let his family down. He'd been working two jobs making the same as his new job would pay, with his new position he could be with his family more of the time.

One of things Leonard and I loved was exploring other parts of the country, living in Indianapolis was nice and the surrounding states were pretty, we had explored most of the southern states including the southwest but we had never made it north. I had a pile of vacation coming and would lose two weeks if I didn't take them by my original hire date of July seventeenth. After talking with my boss and HR we arranged for Ivan to take over my duties while I took three weeks of vacation the end of May and early June. I was going to travel to upper Wisconsin, a place we had never been but always wanted to go, after finding a resort with an open cabin I reserved it and waited.

I couldn't bring myself to sell Leonard's Honda Ridgeline after he died and now I was glad I didn't. I drove my Sonata daily so the truck seldom got used, I liked the idea of traveling north in a four wheel drive truck as opposed to my car. I'm not sure why, there wouldn't be any snow or ice the end of May when I arrived, city thinking I suppose. I decided to do the fifteen hour drive in one day instead of stopping overnight only to drive four or five hours the next day, it didn't make sense and the resort folks said one of them would stay up until I arrived if it was after nine.

Leaving home at six Friday morning I traveled through stopping only for fuel/food, and potty breaks. I was so glad the truck had a built in GPS system because I would never have found the place in the dark without it. It was just after nine when I pulled up to a cabin that was labeled Office above the door. I hadn't shut the truck off yet when an older couple walked off the porch toward me, the old guy extended his hand to shake mine.

"Evening. Might you be Ronnie Everest? We were expecting a man."

I smiled, common mistake, "That's me, the name is Veronica, most people call me Ronnie with two n's. And your name sir?"

"Oh, sorry. This is my wife Georgia and my name is Mike, pleased to have you with us. Why don't you and Georgi get all the paperwork stuff done and I'll take your things to the cabin."

Being a detectives wife I had learned to be wary and not trust based on a first impression, I was hesitant to have him move the truck and take my bags in, my head was screaming no, my gut told me it would be okay. There was something about this couple that endeared them to my heart and I'd only just met them, I tossed him the keys and followed the missus into the office. When we were all done she grabbed a flashlight and led me down a path to the cabin, I had never seen skies so dark and yet clear, I was used to city lights drowning out the darkness, and the stars, never had I seen so many stars.

Mike was just finishing with the luggage as we approached, I was instantly in love with the place, a full front porch, a place for a campfire to one side, the interior was spacious enough for two people, a combination kitchen living area with a decent sized bedroom and attached bath at the back. It was much bigger than I had anticipated, Georgi told me there were laundry facilities available at no cost for patrons or for an addition five dollars a week she would pick it up, take care of it including folding and then bring it back to the cabin. It took no great amount of thought to make that decision, I was there to vacation, not wash clothes, I took her up on the extra weekly charge. She asked if Mondays would be alright, we agreed to that and they bid me goodnight.

I watched them stroll hand in hand in the moonlight reminiscing how Lennie and I would have been doing the same thing, a tear trickled down my cheek as I thought about how in love they must be. They had to be in their sixties, (boy was I wrong, try seventies) I didn't know love like that could exist that many years, she wobbled a bit on her right leg, I thought maybe a broken hip or leg long ago. His hand would tighten and hold her steady each time she shifted her weight to the right foot, it looked as if that was something they'd done forever, I was momentarily jealous.

It was early enough in the year that the skeeters weren't out much and the cool night air felt refreshing. Standing on the porch gazing at the stars through the trees I reminded myself I should probably get to bed, after all, it was eleven. Looking out over the stillness of the lake another thought filtered through my noggin, "you're on vacation Ronnie, you don't need to get up for anything, enjoy the night, have a beer, sleep in". I hadn't gotten any groceries but thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have left a beer in the fridge, as luck would have it there was one, not my brand but then beggars can't be choosers.

There were two large Adirondack chairs with seat cushions on the porch, I plopped my butt in one, popped the cap on the beer and sat back. To my delight the fireflies were in full form, they were as much fun to watch as the stars were mesmerizing. As I sat I dozed, finding myself drifting in and out of dreams, with Lennie always being the focus, his large warm hands on my skin, his soft tantalizing kisses, fondling me, shaping and molding my breasts, playfully squeezing my ass as he positioned his mouth above my vulva.

He always played a game with my bush, he'd rub his nose sideways through it smelling my arousal telling me how sweet I smelled, at that point he'd squeeze my cheeks and pull me up into his face. That magic tongue would infiltrate my tender folds making me so glad I was a woman and married to him. My orgasms from oral were almost always the same, the first would hit me as my body shook, followed immediately by two or three waves of ecstasy before I would push him away so sensitive it almost hurt. He would kiss the insides of my thighs and once on top of my mound as he would get up to wash his face, I tend to have an abundance of fluid when I cum so hard.

While I never minded oral he didn't always want much more than a few bobs of the head before wanting to climb on and ride. I knew when he wanted a full blow job, he would put his hands on the sides of my head and slowly fuck my mouth, he never went so deep that he made me gag. I loved how he was taking me and doing with me as he wished and still showing me adoring love. More than once I wished I could have deep throated all seven inches, it never seemed to affect him, he would slowly stroke in and out until he erupted in my mouth, me swallowing every drop my lover had to offer.

After a few wet sloppy slurps on his joy stick he would ask how I wanted it, it was always my choice, if I said nothing he would take me however he desired, sometimes missionary, quite often doggy, a position we both loved, or me on my tummy with pillows under my abdomen as he rode from behind. Another position we liked but didn't do often was ankles on shoulders, he would go so deep, I loved when he came in that position, I could feel his cock pulsing and squirting deep inside me. We tried anal a few times early on, neither of us found it joyful, I didn't like the pain and he didn't like the thought of hurting me, we reached the conclusion that vaginal and oral was all we needed.

When I awoke I had my hand in my sweatpants, I had slid my fingers inside my panties and though I wasn't masturbating just having my fingers slide long the wet glistening lips had me gasping for air. I quickly looked around to see nothing but darkness, withdrawing my fingers I smelled them, then licked them wanting it to be Lennie's juices and mine combined. Neither of us ever freaked out about bodily fluids, I loved tasting my pussy on his lips after he'd eat me and he had no qualms about Frenching me if I'd just swallowed a load, we drew the line at cream pies, it wasn't for us.

Glancing at my watch I was amazed I'd been there over two hours, it was after one AM, turning in I consciously wore the bare minimum to bed, panties, I also made sure I got myself off thinking about Lennie pounding me from behind. It wasn't often I would masturbate but when I did it was always using my fingers and dreaming of Lennie riding me doggy. I didn't need dildo's or other toys, my fingers and dreams of Lennie satisfied me when I needed relief. A few of my gal friends suggested I get back out there and invite a guy or two into my bed, I wondered aloud why I would do that, if I was going to take another man into my bed it would be because I loved him, not because I was horny.

As the early morning sun filtered softly through the sheers I stirred wondering what I might have for breakfast, standing at the fridge in my black bikini panties and nothing else I was hoping there might be food in there just like there was beer. No such luck, what I did see was a printed sheet of paper taped to the door which read, *hot breakfast from 7 until 9, $4.50*, how could I go wrong, tossing on some clothes and a pair of sandals I headed to the office.

On the way the smells of breakfast guided me to a screened in pavilion area enclosed on three sides. At the end was a huge fieldstone fireplace, in front of it were two tables loaded with pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs, (real eggs, not powdered), sausage patties, bacon, biscuits and gravy, bagels, coffee and milk. To the side were cereals, a toaster, and assorted seasonal fruit. I scanned the array of delicious smelling delights and smiled when I thought about the cost of $4.50, but the looking around seeing how many people were there, it was obvious it paid for itself.

Sitting at a table Georgi sat with me and chatted, wondering if I slept well, was there anything I needed. When I asked about food she said there was an IGA located in town four miles to the west. Looking around I commented on there being so many campers and only eight cabins.

She chuckled, "Oh goodness, most of these aren't from the resort, they're folks from town or the area who stop in most every day, the food is better than the greasy spoon in town and we have better prices. We could up it to five bucks and folks would still come, but then there's people like that old couple in the corner, five bucks is a lot to them. It more than pays for itself as is, no need to be greedy. Not sure we'll continue with it next year, just too much work for me anymore. We've considered adding bigger heaters in the cabins and staying open all winter, we get calls from snowmobilers, snow shoers and skiers every fall, we could make a pretty penny if we stayed open, but again, it's a lot of work."

Following breakfast I made my way into town, a tiny little place of just over eight hundred people, I picked up groceries for lunches and a few items for suppers, I was going to continue taking advantage of that delicious breakfast. I noticed a sign at the Catholic church advertising Friday night fish fry beginning at four. Lennie and I had heard of and occasionally talked about how popular these fish fries were in the northern states, I determined I was going to learn firsthand what they were about. Talking with Mike about it he laughed.

"You'll be hooked, aint nothing like a good fish fry on Friday, the church and VFW have the best in town although I like the fries at the VFW better. Why don-cha come with me and Georgi this Friday, I think you'd really like it, they have Haddock, Perch and Blue Gill when they're in season. Just so happens they're spawning right now so there'll be fresh Bluegill for sure."

I'd spent the week lounging at the cabin, swimming in the chilly lake, I rented a small outboard one afternoon and toodled around exploring the little coves and inlets. I encountered a number of fishermen, all waved and were friendly with a hello and a few a tip of the hat. On Friday afternoon Mike walked my way stopping at the porch, I'd come to love that porch, I could sit and watch the world go by for hours knowing the phone wouldn't ring and no one would be calling my name.

"Still going to fish with us tonight Ronnie? If you are be at the office cabin by five, we like to get there early enough to avoid the crowd that usually gets there about six or so. You can ride with us if you want to, we don't bite."

"I'll be there at five Mike, thank you. Anything I need to know for how to dress?"

He smiled, "Clothes will work best, just be comfortable, what you been wearing all week will be fine. Nobody around here much cares as long as you're covered."

R410a
R410a
2,967 Followers