All Comments on 'Beyond The River'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you...

... for the heads-up at the start. I did not read the story because some of the subject matter leaves me cold, but I gave you 4 stars for not wasting my time. I wish more authors would let their readers know in advance if there are specific acts or situations that some people might find not to their taste in the story. Again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hmmm,

Now we dawn our gay apparel. Just a little too gay for me thank you. But I read it all just to make sure he finally nailed the sister. Well written, so Five Stars for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful!

I was very surprised by this story. Very different, completely loving! Who cares what gender you are if there's mutual love and respect. Really well done all around. Thank you so much for sharing this and all of your other stories. I'm glad they are free, because I could not afford to pay you what they're actually worth! Priceless, indeed...

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Very very very good and well written story!

Really enjoyed and savored this tale of three. You took it from start to finish just right.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Love prevails

You old softy, this is firmly a romance for my two bits - mechanics of the sex be damned! Fun story except for Cynthia’s tragic demise.

You seem very comfortable in this genre - the vernacular, the geography, the history. I hope you’ve opened a door for yourself that you want to go through and spend a little more time in. This and “Post, Three Days Travel” are great. The setup of the story reminds me of “Two For Texas” by James Lee Burke, what with the flight from the law across the Sabine from Louisiana to Texas. The dynamic set up by characters interacting in virtually lawless and amoral circumstances opens up some fascinating story possibilities. Thanks *****

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 6 years ago
5 stars

I was actually angry when Cynthia died. But the story was addictive. Hence the five stars. I do have one critique, and I feel like a frat-boy saying this, but I think the sex needs to be a little more graphic. Very good story though. Thank you for writing this.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Dramatic and Entertaining

Thanks for the fun story.

I have a question. If there were 3 men chasing him. Why, after burning the wagon, killing the father, and slaughtering the team, we're there only 2 horses?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Quite nice

A very nice change from the usual "Wham Bam" Which has it's

moments I admit.

DV19DV19about 5 years ago
Well Done!

An interesting read, bringing to light the corrupt, virtually uncontrolled villains that used to be everywhere. And a great job of ridding this world of same villains.

Not quite a 'and they lived happily ever-after' [thankfully] but I either am ignorant in regards to the owner of the 100 acre parcel, or just can't figure out how it plays with the main part of the story.

Seems like it might be the segue for a second story to follow ?

I hope so, I really enjoyed this 'first part'. If in fact it is a 'first' part.

DV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 Full Stars!! I had a full on Hard on while reading this..I had to fight touching it as I was sitting by my wife while I was reading this. Thank you for an Amazing Story!! You are an artist my friend.

jenellesljenelleslover 2 years ago

Well done. I was surprised at how Seth/Cynthia was handled. I don't know for sure how those sort of things were handled in those days. I think our ancestors were much more easy going and adaptable in many ways.

It might be nice to have a similar story from the same family only in 2025 or 2030.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5* Another one out of the BallPark. Where do you keep coming up with these ideas?

Now you bring in the historical Oakleaf. So many levels of intrigue and human interest, I keep watching for your next Tale.

Thanks for making it easier to read, than watch Truck Convoy news.

Chimo1961.

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

Very well written and well thought out story. I felt I was back in time, based on your descriptions of the old West. Five plus stars!!!

blackknight314blackknight314almost 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your work!

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

I generally enjoy all your stories, but most of all, I enjoy your attitude about how they are received. I wish that I could be as objective about my own work as you are. Very well done, and thanks for the pleasure of reading your work.

roveroneroveroneover 1 year ago

re other comment also wasn't sure what the 100 acres had to do with arc of story

was sorry when Virginia-the picture you painted of her was a very good-looking smart tough woman- got saddled up with old goat, and when he wanted her horsewhipped-yikes! what a fucking animal...timely heart attack, and nice he had a few minutes to consider the error of his ways before checking out

and lucky Richard that Virginia was down when she discovered what the linament in saddle bag was for, AND eager to use again-not usual way to introduce a woman to joys of rump-rogering-and got both her cherries popped in short order

I read some of the stories blackrandi organized some years back-while yours NOT the type of anal story I generally read, and like-and you did write a warning at beginning- thought yours stacked up nicely-either you already knew, or read up on what life was like back then...

amadthonamadthon11 months ago

Just read this for the first time, you're a great storyteller!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories