Bianhua Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then after a few minutes of the two of us inching our way closer to him. Using a technique taught by the master I touched the horse gently on four spots on his forehead using both of my hands.

"Alana, I want you to whistle," I said.

She did, and I asked her to do it again two or three times. Each time she did I could see the horse's ears raise in response. I repeated the process three or four times until Alana was getting tired of it.

I then got Alana to walk over to the far corner of the coral and whistle again. The horse when he heard her raised its head, turned it towards her, then started walking over to her as if he had always done it. Alana was shocked because her horse was coming towards her willingly.

"Alana the horse now trusts you," I said. "Over the next week build your relationship with him gently. Start slowly training him with pieces of the horse riding equipment. Start with a soft horse blanket. Get him to follow you around with it on. He needs to learn to become completely comfortable with it before you add something else. Be sure when you bed him for the night it is you that is doing it. Reward him for his good behavior as I did him, daily."

"Are you what they call a Horse Whisper," Alana asked?

"I don't even know what that is," I responded with a laugh. "I'm just using some of the tool my adopted father the master taught me."

I did not realize that we had been together for almost four hours. I was just thinking about getting cleaned up to leave when her parents pulled in. As they were doing that Alana decided it was time for her horse to go into the barn for the night.

As I opened the gate, I reminded her saying, "Whistle and then walk towards the barn. If he stops whistle again and repeat until you have led him into his stall."

When both she and her horse was clear I closed the gate to the coral. I watched her whistle each time the horse stopped.

I walked over to my truck and began to put on my shirt. Alana kept doing as I asked. Slowly the horse followed her always keeping itself a couple of steps behind. Ian and Bonnie having gotten out of their explorer watched in amazement until her daughter and her new horse had disappeared into the horse barn.

"Have you been here since I called my daughter," Ian asked?

"Yes, mostly because the horse needed my attention," I said. "by the time I got here the people working with the horse had it so agitated because of fear that it was in danger of hurting itself permanently."

As I was saying that Alana came out of the barn to join us. Using the side of the floorboards of my truck I began to put my shoes and socks back on.

"Mom, Dad, did you see how Toby followed me into his stall, "Alana said? "It's all due to Dirk and how he relates to animals. I never have seen one so willing to invest the time to create a relationship with an animal before doing anything with it. It's amazing how far he got Toby to come after the state he was in earlier."

"Tá tú fíor difriúil," Ian said to us all in Gaelic. (which means you truly are different)

"That's what your daughter keeps telling me," I said with a laugh. "She's almost got me to the point that I might start believing it."

Her parents laughed because my words made Alana blush.

"Dad what a thing to say to my boyfriend," Alana said. "After what he did for the family today you should appologize."

"All kidding aside we want to thank you for stepping in and doing what was right," Ian said. "Alana told us you had arrived just in time. Come give us a hand to haul the groceries in and then we will get a bit of supper."

While they were putting away the groceries, I went into the downstairs washroom to wash and clean up. It also gave me the time to tuck in my shirt and make myself look half presentable. I was coming out when I overheard Alana.

"Mom have you ever loved someone so much that It hurts when you hear of things, they had to endure just to be able to be standing here today," Alana asked?

"You love him that much," Bonnie said. "Your grandmother felt the same way about your grandfather when she first met him and still does. When your grandfather learned that he stopped talking about his past because he did not want to hurt her. When she found out they had the biggest argument over it. It went on for weeks. The lesson to be learned from them both is that he had to learn to break the revealing of things gradually to her to stop those emotional outbursts."

"Thanks for the info Mom," Alana said. "I just wish there was a way that we could show our appreciation for what Dirk did today."

"We talked about that after we called you and learned what had happened," Bonnie said. "We decided to offer him the pick of the remaining horses, that way you both can go riding together."

I saw the tears starting to flow from Alana's face and quietly joined Ian outside who was starting to grill steaks for dinner.

"Ever since her classmates saw her on Tv releasing the eagles with you Alana has been much happier at school," Ian explained. "It's nice to see her finally enjoying it. For some reason, they had always seen her as different, now she has their respect and acceptance. Some even envy her because of what you two did on your first date. It's has even been mentioned at the last local businessmen meeting."

"I did not know that" I said. "I had the same problem when I was in high school in Scotland. Mine was because of cultural differences, my lack of the local language and my lack of knowledge of western ways. I realize that Alana is mature beyond her years. That can create problems too because it is another reason some won't be able to relate."

"She been old souled all her life," Ian said. "As a result, she marches to a different drummer. She is like you. She also sees the world in ways her mother and I will never completely understand. When I said that you were different, I meant it as a compliment."

"I know but the master used to say that there is the right soul mate for every one of us," I said. "The problem is that most of us humans are in too big of a rush to allow ourselves the time to find it."

Ian looked at me in amazement. I did not understand why. I was just speaking one of the masters many truths.

"His words are truer today than when he said them," Ian said. "Makes me wonder what our society would be like if we did not collectively try to rush our lives."

"I promise you Ian it will be hands off until she graduates from grade twelve," I said. "For two reasons she is young, and the second reason is we don't know what changes we will have to face as we grow in our relationship. When I get married, I want to marry because I love the girl and not because I have to."

"If others had said that," Ian said. "I would have said they were full of shit. But everything I see you do is goal related. Your old souled which tells me you believe in the old ways. Let me warn you I had to deal with her mother's sensual aggressiveness until we got married. Believe me there was a lot of cold showers because Bonnie was the same age as Alana when I first met her."

When the steaks were done, we took them in. Alana sat next to me as we ate as if it were the most natural thing in the world. While eating I thought of Ian's words and clued in that he in his own way had given his blessing on his daughter and my relationship. That was when I was told I could pick out the horse I wanted. So, I agreed to do that on Saturday.

It was well after nine before I went home to prepare for the start of the next day. Ian and Bonnie overheard Alana saying to me "Goodnight my future husband," as I was leaving.

Ian looked at his wife and said, "I know she very mature for her age, but don't you think you should tell her to wind it down a bit and let things work themselves out naturally."

"Dear we both know that when our daughter thinks something it usually happens," Bonnie said. "She has been telling us for years that she would meet the man she would marry when she was in grade eleven. Dirk comes along and saves her life. She knew that day he was the one."

"I've got to admit that they both have an extraordinarily strong love of nature and wildlife. We both know already that their kindred in spirit," Ian said. "Dirks touch with living things is so unique that I can honestly say that we will never see another with his ability in our lives."

Alana having heard her parent's words peaked her head into the living room and said. "Dad don't worry we will work it out. After all, we just agreed to go steady. Besides, you already know where our home will be when we get married."

Ian looked at his wife because he felt his daughter had just proved him right. She said, "She's in love with the boy, just as much as he is with her. We see it every time he looks at her. He is just like you were when we were young. He's not ready to admit it."

"Dear if you remember you were not of legal age when we met," Ian said. "We had to tread very carefully. Thanks to you I had to take many a cold shower. Your daughter is like you so will Dirk."

"True," Bonnie said. "Those frustrating moments and our determination to keep our word to ourselves made our relationship stronger. I see Alana and Dirk following our in footsteps. Each will help the other become a better person. Dirk will lead Alana will appear to follow all the time leading him towards the alter"

"And just how do you know it's going to work out that way," Ian asked?

"Because dear husband," Bonnie replied. "That is what I did to you. Dirk has one advantage because he already knows what he is going to do with his life."

********

I had to apologize to Alana on Saturday because we had pushed it the rest of the week. As a result, I had not called her. The construction crew working on the road while having the rest of the operation going at full bore had kept me super busy.

It was added to by the local counties who had asked us if we could take on handling huge rubbish from building demolitions going on in their areas. It meant hiring more crew to go through it and sort it out. I wanted as much salvage out of it as possible. Thankfully, it supplied us a much needed influx for material that could be used to create more soil.

When we discovered the amount of drywall, we were receiving I was thrilled to death. Most in the industry knew that drywall was basically a chalk calcium base. We could recycle it and use it in the manufacturing of concrete once I figured out a way to safely detach the paper glued to it.

We were beginning to realize that it was still not going to be enough because we were not creating as much topsoil as we were using. We were brainstorming trying to figure out what we could do to enhance our soil production when we got a phone call that saved us.

There had been a huge mudslide thanks to unusually heavy spring rains which speeded up the melting of snow. It had completely blocked a section of the highway. The state's highway department wanted to know because of our closeness to it if we would take it. They estimated it was going to take about two weeks to completely clean it up because of the volume that had come down.

We said yes. The call went out to crew leaders that there was major overtime for those who wanted it. With some still catching up with bills from the holiday's lots grabbed it. They would be hauling mud to us by the truckload seven days a week until it was done. What we did not realize was that they would be doing that twenty-four hours a day.

Our eagerness to accept it with no dumping fee's started a new working relationship. Little did we know that one situation would solve our soil problems for years.

When each truck was loaded by the state each truck became a drainage system as the excess water ran out of the back of the trucks as they drove up to us. Although it was still wet when it got to us. We were able to start piling it as soon as they dumped it. During that time, we sorted the trees and plants that had come down so we could put them through the mulching machines.

We realized as we got into it just how much raw material we were getting. It was as if Mother Nature was rewarding us. We believed we would end up with enough soil for our needs for the next six months. All the related stuff that was coming with it was an added plus. With what was being sent to the mulching area those machines would be running for weeks.

I had to call Alana and explain that it would have to be another week before I could come because of everything that was going on.

"Dad and I drove up to see the mud slide," Alana said. "It looked like half the mountain had come down. Dad asked where they were taking the stuff so we knew already how swamped you must be."

********

I admit I was ready for a break that Saturday when I pulled into the Conner's property. It had been twelve long days of working sixteen hours a day nonstop. It was a beautiful warm day, so I was dressed casually in blue jeans and a t-shirt. The spring prom was only two weeks away and Alana and I need to finalize things.

The Conner's were having a lazy morning because of the highway closure. As a result, I got invited in for a late breakfast.

I was sitting at the bar counter in the kitchen drinking my first cup of coffee for the day when Alana came in not knowing I was there. She had forgotten to put on a housecoat and was in her baby dolls. There was no doubt about it. With the amount of skin, she was showing and the natural shape of her half naked body. There was no doubt with what I was seeing my girlfriend was hot.

With her build I was looking forward to warmer weather because I would never tire of looking at her. I was eternally grateful because the countertop hid my hard-on.

When Alana finally saw me, she screamed and ran upstairs. Ian and I started to laugh.

It did not help when he said, "Well that's one way to get a man's attention. Did it work?"

My face turned a beet red. Ian roared in laughter.

"The more we see of Dirk," Bonnie said with a smile. "The more we realize he's just like all other men who have hormones."

I do not think my face could have any redder, but it did.

When Alana rejoined us in the kitchen she was dressed for the day. The first thing she did was walk behind where I was sitting and wrapped her arms around my shoulders before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I forgot you were coming over today," Alana said. "I'll not make that mistake again."

"And I will be hoping that you will," I replied.

Ian laughed and said, "You two remind me of the innocence we had back when we were young. We had a few embarrassing moments with both our parents."

"Just keep in mind," Bonnie said. "To take the time to build your relationship with each other. We did and it has blessed us all of our lives."

Over the rest of the breakfast time Alanna parents teased us both unmercifully. I saw it as an acceptance of them that I was already family.

After a full country breakfast, I offered to help Alana to do the dishes. I washed Alana rinsed and dried. It gave a chance to talk about general things. It was as we headed to the pasture where the wild horses were that our talk took a serious turn.

"I never realized that our releasing the eagle into the environment you are creating could change my everyday world like it did." Alana said. "Students I walked by everyday stopped to say hello. Some to congratulate me. Some to apologize for being so wrong about me, and some to say they thought that my boyfriend had to be a special type of man. I made a few new friends as a result."

"Their perception of you was proved wrong," I explained. "My adopted father, the master explained it so well when he said, take a simple leaf, tell a story about it, to a group of people, then wait a day. Bring that same leaf back to them individually and ask them about it, you will learn each of them will have a different story about the leaf. Then he asked me what was consistent about the whole situation. When I could not give him an answer, he said the leaf."

Alana paused and looked at me for a moment as if she were deep in thought then said, "The leaf did not change but everyone's perception of it did. it wasn't what we did that changed their minds, it was how they perceived it."

"That is why the hype of shutting us down has gone," I said. "Their perception of what we are doing had been proved wrong. The governor was so pleased with the change of attitude by the public in general that we received word that the mineral rights to the land is going to be turned over to us ahead of schedule."

"Does that mean you're starting to look for a buyer for the iron ore that you need to remove to make the long deep and wide tunnel in the mountain," Alana asked?

"Yes, I figure it will take two years to get it to the point that I have enough room for what I'm going to do with it," I said. "Your great grandfather Angus McGregor uses the caves in the hills to do what I am going to do on a smaller scale."

"You're going to be making scotch on a large scale," Alana said. "Will it be a single malt or a double?"

"That is yet to be determined," I said. "Your dad likes the single malt a lot."

We had arrived at the pasture where the wild horses were kept. I pulled off my t-shirt then took off my socks and shoes.

"What are you doing," Alana asked.

"I'm going to go stand in the middle of the pasture with the horses until one chooses me," I said. "I don't know how long this will take so your free to leave if you wish."

"I'm not going anywhere because this is something I have to see," Alana said. "Then afterwards you can explain the method to your madness."

I went into the middle of the pasture and stood there. I lowered my head and closed my eyes as if I were zening out. I mentally pictured what kind of spirit I wanted my horse to have and focused on that. It took about an hour before I could sense the horse beside me. When I raised my head and opened my eyes it was a black Stallion that had chosen me. I put my hands on his head and whistled. I saw Alana watching me as I did it. I could see a smile on her face.

Once I had done my horse, like I had done to hers I started walking towards the pasture's gate. Every time the horse stopped, I whistled, and it started following me once again. By the time I had reached the gate Alana had it open for me.

"If I had of not seen it, I would not have believed it," Alana said. "You got yourself a real beautiful strong horse. Every time I see you with an animal or bird you do something that amazes me."

After she had closed the gate I put on my shoes and socks.

"Alana, the way I approach anything depends on the situation I'm in," I explained. "It was the horses curiosity that brought him to me. Nothing more nothing less. It proved his acceptance of me. As a result, the rest should be easy."

Bonnie and Ian watched as we walked back towards the barn with the horse following us.

"I would like to have for one day," Ian said. "What Dirk has. I believe that somehow Dirk was calling the horse to him when he stood still."

"He was expressing complete calm and peace when he was doing it," Bonnie said. "Not just about himself but to those he allows into his world. That is what the horse was sensing. Dirk has got himself a highly intelligent horse."

"Perhaps that is why those two are walking like they don't have a care in the world," Ian said.

"He does things with simplicity in mind," Bonnie said. "It's allowing him to accomplish great things. From what Alana has told me he asks for her thoughts on what he is planning to do with the land in current matters and long term plans."

"That gives me the impression that he is basically a builder. I wonder with what he is doing is he going to turn it into a nature conservatory when he is done making his millions with it," Ian said.