Bianhua Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You brought memories back about my first prom," Ian said. "Things were a lot cheaper back then and the parents were more restrictive."

"Were you a nervous wreck back then," I asked?

"Most likely more then I remember," Ian said as Bonnie started climbing the stairs. "Once I got into it, after leaving her parent's house, I found myself enjoying it, but I still feel it wasn't worth the money spent."

"We could say that about anything we spend our hard-earned money on," I replied. "But who am I to complain I make my living off of what people throw away."

"Is it a lot of garbage," Ian asked.

"We are burying and leveling off half the remnants of ninety thousand tons a day which have been compressed like a car that's been crushed. We soak each section down with a layer of contaminated water before covering it up with topsoil," I explained. "By the time we get it almost all recyclables have been removed."

"So that is why the shrinkage in size by the time the cycle is done is so great," Ian said. "Now things are beginning to make more sense to me. What you have left is completely compostable. What you end up is with, is clean topsoil that could be sold as top-line back where the garbage was created. You could market it as an organic made soil and sell it for a premium in two-pound bags."

"The problem is that the mass and the concentration of the compressed garbage is that it will take an additional period of time before it starts settling and shrinking even with us doing everything we can to accelerate it," I explained. "As we add another layer on top of what we have already done the additional weight will help compress it more."

That was when Ian and I saw his only daughter descending from the upper floor. The red full-length dress she wore wrapped her body as if it was a tight sleeve. It was so long that it hid the heels she had to be wearing. With her hair done up in a bun and a light makeup applied she looked stunning. Just looking at her in all her glory had my mouth running. If this were her coming out moment, I thought I would be fighting men off her all night.

It was clear that she had complimented the traditional Chinese formal dress as close as she could. After tonight there would be no doubt that she was a very sensual being quite capable of handling any situation.

I heard Ian quietly say "My little girl has grown up. She is truly a beautiful woman in every way. I have dreaded seeing her like this since the day she was born."

I couldn't have agreed with him more because of the way his daughter looked. Not only was she hot but she displayed a maturity that I had not seen before. I considered my self blessed because she had chosen me to be at her side.

Alana was surprised by the suit that I was wearing and made that fact known. All of us could see the pride she had in her eyes. She made me turn completely around so she could see me from all sides. I had to chuckle quietly because I knew that she really did not believe it was me because it was, after all, the first time she had seen me so dressed up.

"Dirk, every female seeing you tonight Dirk is going to be jealous because of how dashing you look," Alana said. "I was hoping you would dress up, but you definitely went the extra mile by wearing that style of suit."

I laughed and said, "It's a good thing I did because just being with you will make me stand out. If I had not everyone would be asking why are you with that fool? I would have been totally outclassed. You look beautiful."

Alana was pleased that I had bought her two corsages, one for her shoulder and one for her right wrist. While I was pinning it on her, her mother was capturing it for her video album. The white rose flowers stood out against her red dress while complimenting her.

Both my date and I could see the excitement that both her parents had for us as a couple.

After saying goodbye to her parents, I escorted her to the limo which was another surprise to her. We were going to the best restaurant in the area for a romantic dinner for two. It was an hour drive to it. While on the way I realized just how long a bus ride she had each day just to attend school. After climbing in, the limo driver headed out with both her parents still at the door watching us.

"Did you notice that Mom had tears in her eyes," Alana asked? "I guess seeing us as a couple dressed for a formal night out shook her."

"It got to your dad too," I said. "He was a bit emotional as we both watched you come down the stairs."

"I was ready when you pulled up," Alana said. "Mom made me promise to wait until she came up for me as if it was a big ideal."

"You are seeing it from your point of view," I explained. "To them, it was because I heard your dad say aloud, "My little girl has grown up. She a beautiful woman in every way."

"You do that all the time, "Alana said.

"Do what," I asked?

"See things from all sides," she replied."

"Remember the story about the leaf," I asked while knowing that she did? "A true follower of Zen will strive all their lives to be the leaf in comparison to all others."

Alana looked at me in total surprise then said, "I just realized that in a different world you would have been a great teacher."

********

The restaurant was having a busy night. It seems a lot of those going to the prom had the same idea. Surprisingly, we were the only ones who arrived in a limo. We had to wait for our table which was unusual. The hostess apologized for not scheduling for the volume better.

Neither Alana nor I realized how good we looked like as a couple until we were escorted to our seats by the hostess. As we followed the hostess to our table, we caught the drift of others in the restaurant watching us. When we arrived at our seat there was a small bottle of nonalcoholic wine with an envelope addressed to both of us.

Once we were sited across from each other Alana opened the envelope up. The note inside said, "Enjoy the night make it your own. Share each moment in the knowledge that for the two of you there will never be another night like this." It was signed by Alana's parents.

We started with a sample dish of the restaurant's advertisers because it gave us a chance to try a few. Alana seemed to enjoy the stuffed crab on mushrooms caps the best. I found the sweet and sour frog legs to my liking.

Our first dish was a quick decision we both ordered our favorite. I ordered the French Onion soup, Alana decided to stick with a house salad with a wine vinaigrette. For my main course, I had a medium-rare prime steak with drunken mushrooms and Blue Cheese roasted red potatoes.

For the main course, Alana decided on Duck Breast with a Pomegranate-Citrus Glaze served over a bed of spinach with a few wedges of fresh-cut lemon on the side. She said it was delicious. I was a bit worried that she would find it too rich. We both refused dessert because we had eaten too much.

Of course, we had to have a taste of each other's preferred main dish. What we did not know was that we were being watched, quite closely by a lot of the couples having dinner. It seems our adventure of setting the eagle free had made us a couple to watch.

While paying for our meal, the waitress as she brought the receipt back for my signature commented that she had recorded the one hour program of us releasing the eagles and had replayed it numerous times.

"It was very hard having the female eagle looking directly into my eyes," Alana said in response to the waitress's comments. "Thankfully, I knew from experience how Dirk was able to relate to wildlife, and that had carried me through that unique adventure."

"Was the female reporter telling the truth when she said it was your first official date," the waitress asked?

"It was the third time Dirk and I had been together and yes it was our first actual date," Alana said. "This is now our second."

"Does he have a brother," Our server asked.

"Nope. When they created me, they broke the mold," I chipped in.

The waitress blushed then excused herself, then went on to serve others.

Alana looked at me with a smile and said, "If you were any other man, I would be worried about being dumped all night."

After signing the ticket and leaving a tip, Alana and I returned to the limo to head to the prom.

********

I was impressed with the high school layout for the evening. It turned out the school's cafeteria was part of a multi-functional room which also contained a stage. The table and chairs had been packed up and stored under the stage for the most part. The rest of the chairs were aligned by the walls for sitting. The cafeteria had been closed for the evening. I learned that the back of the three classrooms against the back could be opened up for extra sitting.

We were not the first to arrive, but we were the center of attention as soon as we entered the area where we would be dancing. I was impressed because they had a live band. It seems everyone wanted to talk about our adventure and find out what we thought about it.

Alana's face beamed with pride every time someone complimented us on how well we were dressed. When we were asked if we had discussed our outfits beforehand, Alana said, "Of course my boyfriend and I discuss everything." It was about halfway through the evening that things took an unexpected turn. By accident, we both learned that we loved to dance.

The old traditional style dances I mastered quite well. The new stuff, however, I felt awkward and out of place. It did not help that I was not familiar with any of it. Not even the music. Alana got a real blast out of trying to teach me the so-called modern moves. Jokingly, she said "you're so old-souled that, in some ways, you are older than dirt. It was just before the start of the band's second set when the Master of Ceremonies a female teacher spoke.

"In China, the Peacock Dance is performed quite often. The dance, when preformed is considered a wish for good luck to those who dance and for those who observe the performance. According to Chinese culture, the dancers, in fact, are receiving good wishes for a life of happiness." She said. "I was going to perform it for those becoming a senior next year, but my husband got called away because of an emergency."

Seeing the disappointment of some of those in attendance and without giving it much thought I got out of my seat and walked up to the stage, getting her attention. She leaned down and I spoke in what I thought might be her native tongue.

"Seungmihn tuhng ngoh tiujek mouh ma," I whispered to her in Cantonese which meant would you like to dance with me.

"Shì de wǒ huì," She replied. Which means yes, I would.

"Colin put the music on," The lady said.

She came down off the stage offering me her hand. Together we walked to the center of the floor. Most of the Chinese ritual dances tell a story. Each dancer has a role to play. Movements are meant to be timed with the movement of the partner. Together we put on our facial masks. Everyone watched us as we went through each moment as if we had rehearsed for hours. When we were finished, we got a heartful ovation.

"You have danced this dance before," The Master of Ceremonies whispered while we took our bows. "Your movement in time with mine proves it. You must have been skilled in the dance from a young age in how to perform it. Perhaps in time, you will tell me how you came to learn it."

Afterward, we each went our own way. I could see there were a couple of the ladies who were seating with us talking in earnest with my girlfriend. Alana when I got back to her had a look of pride and joy in her eyes that I had not seen before.

"It was amazing," Alana softly said. "The beauty and the grace in that dance said so much without saying a word."

"Those who understand the history behind the dance appreciate it even more," I explained. "It is seen as a blessing to those who are present to witness it for the years to come."

"There are still many layers I need to learn about you, my dear future husband," Alana said. "The more I see of you the more I learn there is to understand. I think that if your willing that we should get some lessons in formal dancing."

With that said we shared a serious kiss. Afterward, we went back to the dance floor where we spent most of our time. Just before the end of the band's second set, we returned to our seats to share a few romantic kisses.

We broke it up when we saw the Master of Ceremonies approaching our table. Walking with her were two other females both being of oriental decent.

"Dirk, the youngest of the three girls coming towards us was the one that captured the image of your ring," Alana said. "Which is still around my neck."

"It's the middle one that I'm paying attention to the most," I whispered. "She looks very much like my childhood friend's mother when I was growing up. I saw her a few times when I was dressed up, all wearing masks when we were out in costume celebrating a holiday. Her first name was Suling. She had to leave China because her father was thrown out of the country after doing three-fourths of his sentence in the prison work camps. The Chinese Government had labeled him as un-retainable. I won't know for sure if its Suling until I hear her voice."

I took my right hand and joined mine to Alana's.

She could sense my feelings and emotional excitement because she whispered, "Slow down your breathing, it will help dispel the emotions your experiencing."

I had to smile because what she was telling me was what my master had stressed repeatedly when he was doing my martial training. The longer you remained calm and at peace the faster you wear your opponent out. Half of the battle against an enemy was getting them to expend their energy as fast as possible. Once that had taken place, they would be easier to take out.

Together we stood up as the band announced their next break and as the three ladies stopped at our table.

"Alana I was wondering if you would mind showing my older cousin the ring you wear around your neck," Alana's school chum named Fen asked.

Alana looked at me and I nodded my head. She released my hand and brought out her silver Celtic cross and my ring.

Alana and I could see the tears coming to the eyes as the middle one asked Alana, in English, "How did you come into possession of the "Wuming's ring? I know it was his because I wore it around my neck as I grew up. I gave it back to him the night before we left China for good."

Alana grasped my hand tightly as I spoke in Cantonese, "Little sister you have certainly evolved from a caterpillar to a most beautiful adult butterfly, just as I said you would."

Fen's face went completely white. It was clear to me that until this moment that she had no clue as to why the ring was so important."

"Fen, what did my boyfriend say," Alana asked?

Fen told her as Suling ran around the table to hug me tight. Nobody could not help but notice what was going on.

Through sobs, she said in English, "You promised me, my brother, on the day we parted that you would find a way out. I knew you would. You have always kept your word."

I just held her until her tears, caused by many reasons, had run out. We asked them to join our table. The two cousins sat down, and the Master of ceremonies excused herself saying she had duties to perform.

Alana and I could see that Suling and Fen were still having difficulty accepting the fact that I was back in Suling's life. Suling's face glowed with joy and excitement like she was a four-year-old opening a Christmas present.

"When I showed Suling the picture of the ring, she said she had to find out for sure. That was when I decided she would be my companion for the night," Fen said. "I asked her if she would know if it was you? 'From his voice,' she replied, 'since I had never seen his face'. When we saw you do the peacock dance, we both got very excited."

It was then that Alana learned from Fen that Suling and I had carried each other through the darkest periods of our lives as we were both growing up with difficult times. Fen did not even know who I was until tonight. Learning that explained a lot of things to her, and she agreed that she would later explain to Alana at school when she could.

"Alana the way these two met and carried on a relationship," Fen said. "Was so secret that we all thought that your boyfriend was just an imaginary friend Suling had made up."

"Alana, I hope that we can become friends," Suling said. "I will always love your boyfriend as the brother he is to me because of the way we were forced to grow up. It was his ability to listen to what I said that allowed him to help me work things out. To this day I still do not understand how he was able to get me to figure things out without putting his opinion in."

"Suling, has Dirk always been able to see a situation from all sides?" Alana asked?

It was interesting to watch Suling as she tried to find her answer to my girlfriend's question.

"Your question threw me," Suling replied. "Now looking back, that's what he was showing me. What could, what might, and what may be the outcome of a given situation. He was teaching his little sister, in his own way, how to be prepared for anything. I see now how he was able to make me a stronger person."

Alana took my hand and replied, "I know that Dirk and you have a lifelong relationship forged by events that helped shape both of you. I trust him completely. Just so you know I see him as my future husband so if you can accept that fact, we will have no problems."

With that said, the three girls exchanged contact information, including adding their image of the others to their phone numbers in their cell phones. For the rest of the evening, I had three ladies I had to dance with. All three for different reasons would remember this prom for what a life-changing moment it was. For Alana, the rest of the night became a night of discovery has she learned what it was like for Suling and I growing up.

None of us realized, that night, just how important the new-formed friendships would become. Even so, before we parted for the night, we all agreed that for now, it was best to keep or relationships secret.

While cuddling on our way back to her parent's place, Alana brought out that, perhaps, we were beginning the steps of undoing the layers of mistruths and misdirection's concerning my parents.

It caused me to open up to her and explain in a bit more detail about how I had lived for all those years. Alana came to the conclusion that it was like being in the military but a lot more restrictive.

Her parents were still waiting up for us when we returned. I guess we spent a little too long at the front door because the door light started flickering off and on. We got the message and called it a night. After she had closed the door, I went back to the limo to be taken home.

Bonnie was waiting for her daughter to come through the front door and had run out of patience. That was why she had started flickering the light switch. As soon as her daughter came through the door, she knew that her daughter was more than just floating on air and that they would be up for hours talking about it.

Bonnie also knew that she was going to have to keep a closer eye on Dirks and Alana's relationship because even if neither had realized it, their relationship with each other had moved to the next level.

For Ian and her, when they first experienced such closeness, they had been unable to keep their hands off of each other. It was a period of time that was filled with a lot of frustrating nights and cold showers because physically they were ready for more intimacy, but emotionally and maturity-wise neither was ready to accept the full consequences of a truly full adult relationship.

It had been the fear of being pregnant that had forced them to move their plans up and get married. Thankfully, she hadn't been, but she did not want her daughter to have to face that possibility as she had.