Bianhua Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone could see the tears forming in his eyes, but he said nothing and kept on working. So, I quietly said it again. I could see by his reaction he was trying not to believe what he was hearing so I spoke for the third time, "Grandfather can I have a treat."

The older man spoke in broken English with the emotion he was trying to hold in, "Why should I believe what I am hearing? How, do I know that my mind is not deceiving me. Can you prove who you are?"

I smiled. I knew that only two people would know how I could prove to him who I was. That was the ultimate question. For him he had to see it, to believe this was real.

"I can show you my secret mark," I replied. "Can you show me yours?"

As he turned to me, I stood up and removed my jacket. I undid my shirt and pulled its tail out before taking it off. I handed them to Alana to hold. La Chey and I both turned our right shoulders to each as he pulled the short sleeve of his t-shirt up. Each of us was showing the other showing our matching tattooed dark blue roses."

For both us, the tears let go.

"Grandfather," I said.

"Dirk, your alive," My Chinese grandfather said. "I couldn't go back to the temple to find out about you once they released me because I knew that was what the authorities wanted me to do. Sadly, I had no choice but to leave you behind."

"Father was keeping Dirks location secret the reason you were sent to the work camps for so long," Suling asked?

"If it was not for your father, whom I was taught by my parents to call grandfather," I replied. "There is a good chance that I would not be here today. After the authorities took my mother, he took me to the temple because they were coming after him and his wife. Suling will you get a sharp knife and cut the leather band that holds the cross I wear around my neck."

I got down on my knees as she cut the strap. It took her a few minutes because it was dry hardened and quite firm. Once free I handed the cross back to the man who had given it to me to protect all those years ago.

"Grandfather, you told me it contained a secret," I said. "I return the cross you asked me to protect intact."

With that done I stood back up and proceeded to put my shirt back on. Alana and Suling came and stood by my side. Both took my hand in theirs to show their unconditional support. La Chey, the man who I had always called 'Grandfather' face showed a new strength and pride that appeared to have changed his appearance.

Everyone witnessing what had just transpired knew their perception of what they believed had changed.

Suling's father turned to his younger brother and said, "You blamed me for losing the family's wealth. Called me a fool and treated me as a second class citizen for years because I had kept my word to those I walked with. Inside this cross are the industrial diamonds I bought knowing that I was soon to be arrested. Today they are worth about five million dollars in the open market."

With that said he slammed the wooden cross on the stainless steel table shattering it. Inside of it was a silver cross.

"Someone please fetch me one of those little pillboxes from the cashier counter," my grandfather said with an authority in his voice that no one had heard for years.

When he was handed the pillbox, my grandfather used his hands to press on the top three edges of the silver cross which caused the cross to open. Sitting on top a thin layer of translucent paper was a microchip. He carefully lifted the paper and the chip and placed them into the little pillbox.

"Your father and mother knew the authorities were coming for us all, and that it was too late for them to get out," my grandfather explained. "Why and who was behind it can be found within the data the chip contains. Our problems, they told us all started here in the states. When you find a way to get into it the questions you have may be answered."

Beneath the translucent paper were the diamonds he had spoken about, along with twelve larger size diamonds that had a blue tinge to them. These he also placed carefully into the pillbox before handing it to me.

"We knew the authorities would seize any assets we had so we started converting everything we could," La Chey explained. "The blue-tinged diamonds are what your parents converted their Chinese assets into."

La Chey turned to his younger brother and said, "Get busy, cook my daughter, my niece, my grandson, his girlfriend, and I the best meal you have ever served in your life. When my family has left my dear brother, we will sit down and have a long-overdue talk."

"Remember, anyone who disrespects my grandfather disrespects me," I said with firmness while looking directly at Fen's brother.

"From this day forward, Suling is my concierge and will shortly be involved with all the business in my life," I said. "Fen will be my future wife's concierge. I expect all to treat them accordingly from this day forward."

I could not help noticing the tears forming in Alana's eyes. Although I had not said to her that I loved her to her my conduct and words did. She had just received the confirmation of what she always believed.

"I was the Wuming's parents concierge while they were alive," La Chey said. "One of the legal guardians of their son. I am honored and blessed by who he has picked to be their advisors. I am just as honored as I was to be asked to be his parents. May my daughter and my niece be the calm and strength that will be needed as they serve out their new roles well."

Alana got tears in her love-filled eyes, as she squeezed my hand tight. I knew she was trying her damndest not to let her emotions flow. Together the five of us went out of the kitchen to a table where we could have some privacy. Once we were seated and our beverages ordered, the celebration began.

My grandfather's brother prepared a feast that was beyond compare. It was a pleasure to see him humble himself. It gave the five of us a chance to bond together as he told us all things about my parent's lives and the ministry work in China. I was grateful for the day's events because I left with a new understanding of a lot of things in my early life.

As we were saying our goodbye's Suling whispered in my ear, "Dad's pride in himself as a man has returned by finding you alive and free. It proved to him that he had made the right choices all along. My mother and my siblings will be thrilled to see our old father back."

"If your cousin bothers you again," I said to her. "Call me and I will deal with in a way that will leave a reminder in him for the rest of his life. The best thing he can do is accept his new reality by walking away and leaving the past in the past."

********

The helicopter had just dropped us off at Alan's parent's place. For both Alana and me, it had been an emotional day. We stood there watching it ascend back into the air.

"We need to go and unwind before we go into the house," Alana said. "Or be prepared to produce some whoppers for my parents since they can apparently read us like a book. We need the time to adjust to what happened or be prepared to answer a lot of questions."

"Shall we head to the restaurant where we went on prom night," I suggested. "Then afterward we will go watch the nighttime dance caused by the burning of the excess gas."

"Why not? We are definitely dressed for a dinner date," Alana said.

As we were walking towards my truck Alana's mother stuck her head out the door and said, "Where do you two think you're going? Dinners just about ready."

Alana looked at me and whispered bare facts only before responding, "We will be right in we just want to chat privately for a few moments."

Before her mother could close the door, Alana had put her lips against mine after pressing her flesh against me as tight as she could. The intensity of her kiss caused me to get an instant hard-on. I could not help thinking about what Ian had told me I was experiencing for real what he had warned me about.

I broke the deep long kiss off and asked, "Can we go looking for furniture tomorrow since I would like to be in the new home as soon as possible?"

"We can," Alana said. "The question I have is when do I get my engagement ring?"

"Around the time that you celebrate your eighteenth birthday," I replied. If I thought, her kisses were passionate before I said that then, they dd not compare to the kisses she started giving me. They were extremely hot! I was grateful that we were out in public because, the way she threw herself at me, if we had of being alone there was no way we would have stopped.

Ian was coming out of the barn heading towards the house when he saw us locked in a deep long embrace. Using his dry humor, he yelled "cool it, you two! She's not your brooding mare yet."

We broke it off. Alana looked like she was feeling a wee bit embarrassed, and without saying a word she headed into the house. Ian walked over and stood beside me as a collected myself.

"Back in the day, my grandad would say, she more than ready to be kept barefoot and pregnant," he said. "What I want to know is what did you say that set my daughter's hormones off in such a passionate, fiery way?"

"Two things," I replied. "I asked her if she wanted to help me pick furniture out tomorrow and that she would get her engagement ring near her eighteenth birthday."

"My mother was sixteen when she married my dad," Ian said. "Together they had eight children. I hope you're prepared for a large family. My mom always has a sparkle in her eyes when she looks at my father. I see that same reaction when Alana looks at you."

"You got to stop going on helicopter rides together," Ian noted in his dry humor. "Every time you go on one your relationship gets ranched up a couple of notches."

"Well, to be honest, it's been an exciting day in a lot of ways," I said. "A door has been opened that might lead me towards the truth's behind what happened to my parents."

Ian paused, as if he was trying to gather his thoughts, then said. "Before drawing any conclusions weigh out what's coming out, from where, and by whom. Be sure of the character of the persons behind what is being claimed or explained before deciding what you can or cannot accept."

With that over, we headed into the house.

Part 4 coming soon.

I apologize for the change of types in spots. Yes it was caused by my error, and I do not know the program I am using well enough to change it.