Bianhua Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Bonnie, I haven't, I paid cash," I said. "Which will be replaced when I sell the trailer. The house itself cost less than forty thousand to build and I paid for it with cash also."

"Alana is this true," Bonnie asked because she felt she needed verification.

"Mom, I was with Dirk when we got the two hundred year lease on the land," Alana explained. "It's payable once a year like county taxes. Dirk used a cashiers bank draft to pay for the construction of the home and got a registered receipt and title."

"We as a couple, decided later that day that if we could not afford to pay cash for something that it would have to wait," I added.

"Dear we have to keep reminding ourselves that our daughter and her future husband walk to a beat of a different drummer," Ian said. "Their logic and approach to life, in general, is so different. Like their home, I heard, I understood, but I could not see until it all came together. Now seeing what they have designed for so little makes me jealous."

Bonnie teared up and said, "Alana told me last Sunday that she wanted us to consider giving them our blessing to get married during spring break next year. Ian I now have to admit that they are more mature and ready for that step than we were when we got married."

"We will have to talk about that privately before coming to a decision," Ian said. "For now, let's open the bottle of champagne and celebrate the setting up of their future home."

Once the bottle was uncorked and the liquid poured into the new quickly rinsed glasses, I led them through the French doors out to the patio after turning the outside lights on. Lowes had pre-assembled the outdoor cooking equipment. It only took a few seconds to set the patio furniture out.

It was the first time the four of us could see the pond and the small waterfalls coming down with the reflection of the outdoor lights. It added to the atmosphere of the space we had created immensely.

We had modified the layout by making the extended patio L shaped placing a four feet high rod iron black railing to stop someone from falling accidentally into the pond. Expect for the steps going into the pond. That was closed off with matching gates that could be locked to restrict access.

"Seeing it like this is amazing," Bonnie said. "You could sell this place instantly for a huge profit because of this stunning setting you have created."

The sun was settling down behind the west side of our mountain which allowed the dance of the gas-burning to begin. For Ian and Bonnie, it was the first time they had seen it. Alana and I had to smile because they seemed to be captured by it just as my as we had been the first time, we saw it.

It truly was a memorizing moment for them.

To be honest, besides eating the wonderful spread Bonnie had brought not much more was accomplished because of the magic created at that moment.

"Alana had spent quite a few hours talking about the first time she saw it," Bonnie disclosed. "I thought she had been exaggerating. But it is unique. Even from this distance."

"Once the word gets out for a lot of couples starting in a relationship, it's going to be one hell of a make-out spot," Ian said. "Even for an old couple like us. You could watch the dance of the flames for hours for there is no pattern to it because every little breeze makes it new again."

Before we all left for the night Alana got me to agree to pick her up at nine Saturday morning so we could begin making the house our home. I followed them out until I had to turn to head to my trailer.

********

I did not realize that Alana and her mother had another surprise lined up for me that Saturday morning when I pulled in to pick her up. I knew something was up because of the strange car sitting in the driveway at the side of the house. As I climbed out of my truck, I could not help noticing when I placed my hand on the hood of the nice looking newer model car that it was still warm. Whoever owned the vehicle had just recently arrived.

Ian had the front door open before I got to it. "You are just in time to join us for breakfast," he said. "Were using the kitchen table today because of Alana's guests."

"Before I forget can I use one of your horse trailers tomorrow?" I asked. "Alana suggested a while back that it was time to move our horses up to the property permanently."

"Yes, that daughter of mine is sure determined that one way or another, she is going to get her spring wedding," Ian said with a smile. "Once you are completely moved in and set up we will have to sit down and discuss the pros and cons."

"Then it's safe to say Alana's guest is not the minister she had planned to ask to officiate the service," I replied with a sense of humor.

"True enough," Ian said with humor, "but I would not be surprised if she pulled a stunt like that just to push us into doing it."

We walked into the kitchen still talking. Fen and Suling were there to greet me. Alana was standing right beside them wearing a big smile.

"Zao shang hao, wo de ai," the three ladies standing before us in union said. Which means good morning my love.

"Good morning Ladies," I responded with, not knowing just how to reply to what they had said. "Alana congrats your pronunciation of it was almost perfect. How long have you been practicing it?"

"As long as Suling and I have been talking with each other on the phone," Alana replied with a glowing smile.

Throughout the breakfast, Alana's mother concluded that the three ladies who wanted me in their lives were all in the same room. During that time, the Conners learned the whole story about our walks in life and why the three of us were so intertwined.

Suling revealed how her father had found out that I was the Wuming then said. "It was a real shock for me to learn that it was my father who had brought Dirk to the temple. I had no idea that La Chey was my dad. I can honestly say it changed my impressions about my father and the kind of man he is."

"For some reason, God has wanted the circle to remain unbroken," Bonnie said. "Makes me wonder what his plans are for the four of you,"

"Suling you must realize," I added, "Your father's main concern was keeping me safe. Your mother no doubt influenced the decisions he made because their own lives were in danger just because of the fact I was with them."

"Even for me," Fen said. "My dad saying that you and I would be sharing a bedroom until state released your parents was puzzling because it was never explained to me what was going on. My brother knew the whole story, they told him because he was older and more mature. It was not until they were released that I learned the facts."

"Fen, your parents were probably given the choice to leave China or stay," I said. "Your parents most likely realized that they would be under closer scrutiny because of your uncle's relationship with them. The cost was that they were allowed to leave with enough to start over nothing more."

"Why do you think that?" Fen asked.

"Because China releases no one from their society unless it provides an advantage to them," I explained. "My grandfather said he believes that your brother was and still is an agent for the communist party of China. If that is true, then the Chinese government will know shortly or maybe already knows where I am. It may also explain why it was so easy for them to go."

We were all surprised by the look that came over Fen's face. There appeared to be a lot of things running through her mind. After a few minutes of deep thought, she said, "One of the things my brother brought with him was a computer from China. None of us have been allowed access to it. Every few months he has updates and new parts that are to be installed into it that come via registered mail to a post office box he has rented."

"Dirk, what do you think about that?" Alana asked.

"Since nothing is known for sure, it sure looks suspicious," I said. "It would be best for all concerned to act as if he is. What Fen must figure out for us all, is if his lifestyle can be supported by what he makes from working in the restaurant. If not where is that extra income coming from?"

From that point on we got into a discussion about Alana's and my forever home as she called it. Suling said, "The Temple, Dirk grew up was made of old stone. It's been there so long that it blends in with the natural landscape. I can't wait to see it."

Suling and Fen followed us up to our new home. Mom and Dad Conners would be up later. Once I found out that the girls were planning to go for a dip in our pond, I told them to bring their swimming wear.

We stopped at the small park to give them the first view of our home up on the plateau. From that point of view, it appeared that the barn was the biggest thing up there. Both Suling and Fen were impressed with the whole operation. Alana proudly explained how we had used the first few blasts into the mountain to lay in the foundation of the creek.

That is when I got into a discussion of what I was going to use the tunnel for when they were done mining. Suling pointed out that I would need an office building for the office staff and pointed out a possible location spot for it.

Alana and she got into a discussion of how the backside could be built into the side of the mountain and the created fill put behind so that the top-level could be a huge home with a bit of a yard. During their chat, the two had moved away from us giving Fen and I some privacy.

"Does Suling know that you have been made aware of what she wants?" Fen asked. "Your grandmother, my aunt informed me earlier this week."

"Not sure but just so you know, Alana and I will not be making any decision about things like that until we are stabilized in our marriage," I stated clearly.

"Understood completely," Fen replied. "Suling has loved you since forever and is torn because it is not her, you're in love with. She considers Alana her friend, and confidant. I just pray that a shinning prince comes into her life and sweeps her off her feet."

"Maybe time will grant your prayer," I said. "It would be the best answer for all."

With that done we got back into our transportation to finish the drive up to what was to become Alana's and mine permanent home.

"Ni dai lai le yi dian jia, ni chuang zao le shen me," which means; you brought a piece of home in what you have created," Suling said when she saw the outside of our home.

Before getting to work Alana took them for a tour of the house. It was when Suling said that the pond looked like the one that had been hidden behind the temple that I understood just how true her words were.

Around four pm I had gone to get a pair of cut-off blue jeans to use as swimming trunks when Alana's parents arrived with our two horses in a horse trailer. Suling could not believe what they were seeing as Alana led Toby and my horse to their new stable.

"Mrs. Conner, Did your husband train that horse to respond to Alana like that?" Suling asked.

"No that was Dirk's and Alana's doing. Alana says that her future husband has a special connection to all living things," Bonnie explained. "The more I see him dealing with wildlife and reg animals the more I believe it.

"Not only with animals, " Suling added. "He leaves his touch on all humans that meet him. Few are true pacifists. Dirk has always been one. I have seen him settle disputes when most thought it would never be resolved. Afterward, both involved said that Dirk without bringing it out had made them see their own foolishness. Any child of his is bound to have a blessed life."

"Was it really that bad for Dirk in China, He hasn't said much. Alana says what she has learned about it has come from others," Bonnie stated.

"The walk-in life for Monks itself is very restrictive, disciplined, and filled with silence. His days were spent on learning. There was no childhood for him. He had to learn to be a man from day one," Suling explained. "He had to practice his martial arts daily as his master demanded perfection in everything that was done. Dirk had to learn the hard way that what his master wanted, did not exist."

"The more knowledgeable Dirk became the more his fighting skills were used to provide the temple extra money," Suling said. "Until we left for the USA as far as I know he had never lost one fight or had his costume torn. He is just that good. Dirk knows how to fight, and to defend himself, but hates having to do that. Have you seen part one and part two of the movie called kill Bill?"

"Yes, my husband and I both feel because of the style of how it was put together that it's one of our favorite movies," Bonnie answered.

"The old Chinese martial arts teacher could have been modeled after Dirk's master," Suling explained. "Even all the other Monks were afraid of him. Dirk often said that his adopted father had a stone-cold poker face and could hide his feelings from all. The only time he ever saw emotion from the master was the night they said goodbye with the consulate walls. "

"That explains why Dirk has a hard time expressing his emotions," Bonnie said. "Alana says he never said directly to her that he loves her. Yet he has said because of my love for you I could."

"Alana almost lost it, when Dirk revealed in front of us all that it was his intention to marry her," Suling explained. "The tears could be clearly seen in her eyes. For Dirk to say that publicly proved to us who knew him just how he felt about her and that their relationship was serious."

"Dirk is so protective of her," Bonnie said. "From the moment he saved her life they have been inseparable. At times I think they are communicating without speaking."

"One of the sacred teachings of Zen is that one should strive all their lives to have balance in all things," Suling said. "They believe that those always striving for it will have a favorable or blessed life."

"I would never have thought about that," Bonnie said. "But if you look at what he's created here that is the goal he's set for it. He wants to create a space where all can co-exist."

Just then Ian and Alana came out of the stable after having set up the stalls for the horses. Both Bonnie and Suling could see the pure joy on Alana's face. Having their horses home was bringing her one step closer to her goal.

"Mom, Dad told me it was your idea to bring the horses up with you," Alana said. "Dirk and I want to thank you. Did you bring your bathing suits as I asked you to?

"Yes, and a cooler full of steaks that we can cook up on the barbecue. They are buried under the huge salad I made to go with it. Where's that boyfriend of yours."

"He's down at the trailer getting a pair of cut-offs that he will use for swimming," Alana explained. "He should be bringing a couple of bottles of champagne he was saving for a special occasion. Since the house is now all set up, we thought we'd throw an informal housewarming party."

"Ian, grab the cooler and the clothing, and let's all get changed," Bonnie stated. "I know we all have been dying to try the pool out."

By the time I got back, they had all changed and were waiting for me. Alana and her mother came out to meet me, each wearing a two-piece bathing suit in bare feet in case I needed help. With the champagne and shorts, I had brought a dozen cobs of corn.

The first words out of my mother-in-law's mouth were, "the house is beautiful. Everything seems to flow together. You and Alana should be very proud because it's a job well done. Not many homes make you feel warm and welcome, yet this one does."

Seeing Fen, Suling, and Alana together all wearing similarly styled bathing suits was a treat to my eyes because I had never seen such scantily dressed females in the flesh in my life. I was not sure how to conduct myself.

The four ladies were the first to head into the pond while Ian and I poured us all a glass of bubbly. We could hear the squeals of its cold as they stepped down into it. I thought to myself what did you expect, the water comes off the top of the mountain.

Ian and I brought out the drinks sitting them on the patio tile. Seeing that in the excitement no one had brought out towels to dry off with I went and got some. Upon my return, Ian had joined them. After climbing in it was clear that the pond was beyond our expectation. Being in the pond made the area bigger than it seemed.

Every one of the four ladies made sure that once they got adjusted to the temperature of the water that they went under the falls more than once. By accident, they discovered that there was a standing ledge built into the area so that you did not have to keep constantly moving. Quite a few complimented that the ponds water was so pristine.

Fen and Suling sat on one of the steps going down into the pond in such a way that they were half in and half out. Everyone got into how warm, inviting, and private the area was. Suling disclosed that it reminded of the pond that was behind the temple. It gave me the time to reflect on the three ladies in my life.

There was only a year apart between Suling and me. The change in her diet since coming to the states had created curves in her body that would not be found in most girls her age in China. Although she was not as big as Alana the curves of her body were well defined. I could see a lot of men being interested in her. She still was on the skinny side, but she was stunning. The question I was trying to figure out was how I could get Suling to begin to start developing a relationship with one of them.

Fen had accepted and adapted to the western culture far better than her cousin, it was apparent that she believed that she was an out and out lesbian. It made me wonder if her older brother had influenced her sexual direction in life because of the way he had treated females in general.

Alana was every bit a mini version of her mother. I was thankful the cold water kept my normal male response in check because my imagination was running wild in my mind. The only physical difference was that Bonnie had a bit more meat on her bones. Yet both in their own ways were quite desirable.

My mind flowed back to a summer day when my adopted father, the master, and I had discovered two mountain goats mating. Out of sight in an undeveloped area, the animals were doing what was the most normal thing in the world.

"When it comes to mating to create life, we as humans are just as primitive as those two goats," The master explained.

Being a young child at the time with an inquisitive mind I asked him, "Why?"

"For humans, it involves our emotions and desires," he explained. "Both can be dangerous if they are not controlled. Making love with your mate is the most natural thing in the world when you have a relationship that binds the two together."

"The key is keeping them both in balance," He said. "Too often crimes of a sexual nature are caused because both are running wild in one's mind. The sexual drive is a normal biological function. It is in every living thing that has flesh. When we allow our emotions and desires to control us, we are no better than the animals."

I hadn't seen what he was implying that day, but now I could. Looking at the four ladies with Ian and me, I had to admit it would be easy for me to mate with them all. Each had a relationship with me in different ways and I could honestly say that I loved them all.

If I was an animal, I would not have had a problem doing all four. For me, there was only one I had a truly intimate relationship with emotionally and she would soon be my wife. Seeing it from the master's logic seemed to bring an understanding to me that had taken years to come.

Each of the four women was desirable, a normal male just meeting them dressed like this would have his hormones working overtime.

"Dirk," Ian said. "You seemed lost for a moment is everything alright."