All Comments on 'Big Decisions'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 280 Comments (Page 2)
DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 2 years ago

Your best story yet--although some mistakes have slipped through. You confused Milt with Marty at the epilogue most glaringly. KUTGW.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Good one.

Loved the twist in the end.

I still get confused why cheaters suddenly get celibate once they're caught. Lee could have lots of Larrys now she's single.

Nice one demander

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Something is wrong with you, Odiouser. Are you coping with something at home?

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Not a bad story, sad in so many ways. This is known as a Martian Slut Ray story, the wife cheats and does not know why. No one does. This type of story always makes no sense.

For the record Odiouser is just plain wrong. He has some weird ideas when it comes to cheating wives. Better he keep his loopy ideas to himself.

Scores 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The killing by a friend was a real fantasy, to many things had to go right for that . The basketball going into the street at the perfect time and Larry chases it. Not possible. There is no way having sex out of marriage Justifies murder! Those burn the bitch fans need help! Just want Taliban law but it’s alway the women who gets stoned to death. Primitive men think this is okay. That’s why we have divorce laws.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The cheating bitch spent a whole week fucking the other man and still has the gall to say it was a "mistake"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it. Sad, maybe something will happen to bring closure . A sequel. M

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

well done. I particularly like the revelation at the end.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Kudos to the FIL.

… and to the wimpy Anonymous that doesn’t think murder can be justified… BULLSHIT. Sometimes “he needed killin” is completely valid and appropriate.

JustaSailorJustaSailorover 2 years ago

Cold. The temperature at which vengeance is best served.

RB8BY3WIDERB8BY3WIDEover 2 years ago

Sounds like if she hadn't done Larry she would her coworker. She just needs to die.

FreeAmericanPatriotFreeAmericanPatriotover 2 years ago

another pro athlete story exactly a year after february sucks. i hope this doesn't get 137 sequels too.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

All right, well then, there you go.

enjayemenjayemover 2 years ago

Good tale and well told. Loved the twist at the end.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Good tale. Liked the payoff ending a lot.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

A story with a good plot, good follow-up and adequate ending.

But still, a very sad story. A good husband, a good father, a good lover who receives his wife's betrayal, without even feeling motives, reasons or circumstances.

He did what any man with a backbone would do: he separated from the slut.

Enough of the call from the cuckos on duty for counseling, forgiveness, reconciliation and blah blah blah...

I am absolutely against just charging the stallion for his kilo of meat. True, no decent man should make another cuckold, but Larry didn't play alone. Slut Lee, she made it worth her while to be called that. Wanted to fuck his college crush and did it for several days.

Why should only the asshole pay? I see this as a flaw in the concept of these stories.

I'm not a fan of killing either... What is the real foundation of this. And in a real sphere, the chances of being imprisoned for the rest of your life are greater than getting away with it.

I agree with other comments about the strange celibate attitude of traitors when caught. That doesn't say much about them.

In the end, with the clarification of what happened with Larry, it is in the mind how Fred and Milt had close bonds of friendship and devotion. And by Milt's comment, here the ends justified the means.

Four stars. For the way Marty didn't poison his daughters and for the attitudes very close to a real man. Even with the thought of killing Larry, motivated by the fact that he helped to destroy his life.

Keep writing. I will enjoy reading your other works.

But that's just my opinion.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

The contrived murder method was just silly. Other than that the story followed the BTB trope, martian Slut Ray hits wife, she fucks bigger dicked, richer, better looking, etc guy. She suffers greatly, blah, blah, blah, blah. I gave it a generous 3* for an attempt to be different but that murder method...lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very odd feel to the story..after the initial cheater does her 'thing'..overly drawn out circumstances that go no where after Larry meets the bumper...

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Good story. Have to agree with MC assessment of Lee’s action. Feeling randy, away from home, Already sorta primed by her coworker’s suggestion that she wouldn’t get caught and then up steps an unfulfilled fantasy and she’s swept away. Had she “come to her senses” after her first fuck, MAYBE she stood a chance of keeping her marriage. When she spends 3 nights/mornings fucking and sucking the dude, there is no longer anyway to claim “heat of the moment!” Then the soul crushing public humiliation on YouTube, buried any chance for the marriage. The ending was good, but I kinda suspected the FIL was involved. Story flowed well. Your dialogue is becoming more believable. Looking forward to more from you.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Series of cliches until the end where it gets downright silly. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The travel for work cheating is probably in the 75% area.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Good points - realistic male behavior, straightforward storytelling without perfunctory garbage.

Bad points - randomness (magic) of Larry's death with some insinuation in the end, stupid female behavior (typical in BTB stories), "bored with life" explanations.

Overall, not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story and very impactful. Main character of the husband was decisive and steadfast with regards to his relationship deal breakers. Glad we didn't see the typical wavering and endless navel gazing from the husband regarding what his response and decisions towards his cheating spouse should be. Sure, you can still have feelings and love towards someone who cheated on you but still recognize that despite that love they're just not suitable as a life partner any more because of their shitty selfish actions and the pain and heartache they inflicted upon you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was very confused about the ending conversation between Milt and Fred. The author had Marty saying something which really had me scratching my head until I figured he just got the character names wrong and really meant for Milt to be saying that line not Marty. then it made more sense.

What didn't make sense was that the plan was for Fred to hit Larry with his car (if I under stood the conversation between Milt and Fred correctly). Fred and Milt were friends, but why would Fred agree to be a part of killing or injuring Larry? Makes no sense to me. Actually, the whole Larry chasing after his basketball into the street and getting hit and killed was really far fetched. And that it was all part of some plan by Milt and Fred is even more far fetched.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Good story and sadly depressing the truth of infidelity is no-one wins

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story that finally had sufficient retribution visited on the “star athlete” who helped destroy a marriage. Amazing work by Marty’s dad and his friend to take out the asshole. Mary was a man, who immediately wrote off his cheating bitch of a wife. I really enjoy the stories that show them waking up to the destruction they’ve caused by their cheating, and especially when they lose everything. Again, great story.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

lol.. so many literotica stories involve punishing the black guy who steals white wives.. fetishizing black men & asian women seems to be reaching new heights in straight white male minds.

demanderdemanderover 2 years agoAuthor

No black guys in this story. Not every athlete is African-American. D

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Thank God that this wasn't a shitty RAAC story. I don't she suffered enough for her part. Better if the kids wouldn't have anything to do with her.

MeredithXMeredithXover 2 years ago

The devil's in the details, and there are too many mistakes ...

 

There's no gun registration in Virginia, so the whole idea that Marty had a secret handgun that he "found" was just a silly waste of text.

 

Then that secret gun itself: "It was a bit heavier than a good weapon might have been." A .380 is a tiny subcompact no matter who makes it, and weight isn't a measure of quality. James Bond's Walther PPK was made entirely of steel and weighed more than a Glock 42 does these days, but they're both nice. I don't think this guy has ever fired a gun before, so he shouldn't include them in his stories.

 

Then the lexicon, courtesy of Dr. Price: "She met a man that she knew from university, and they then spent several nights together." An American would never, ever say "from university"; we'd say "from college" or "in college." (Maybe the writer is from Canada or the UK; that would explain the firearms gaffes.)

 

Then the final "plot twist" scene (which I liked, and I suspect everyone else liked too), where we're supposed to be looking in on a conversation between Milt and his old friend Fred. So who's the first person so speak? Marty. Never mind that he wasn't even there.

 

As for the rest of the story, Lee's motivations (the real heart of the conflict) were never explained to us, not in sufficient depth, anyway. The narrative acknowledged that her behavior was open and brazen and indiscreet and was almost certain to destroy her marriage and family. Everyone knew about it. Yet, somehow, she decided IMMEDIATELY that she'd do all that anyway. Never mind her marriage. Never mind her family. Never mind the respect of her work peers. None of that mattered next to ... wait for it ... Larry "Big L" Johnson.

 

Really? This particular plot device is a disease on Lit; it festers everywhere. The best (meaning worst) example is "February Sucks," which was the worst story I have ever read start to finish on Lit. Who on earth reads shit like that and says, "Hey! What a great idea for a story! Let's write it all over again!"? (Betcha Demander read "February Sucks" and loved every word.)

 

One saving grace was that the story hinted that Lee likely would keep right on doing it back in Virginia, because it was obvious to the rest of us. Including Marty. At least we weren't insulted with the "I'm back, and nothing has changed!" line of bullshit.

 

Regarding that great revelation at the end, did Larry really deserve to die? He didn't use force or a date-rape drug or blackmail or any other form of coercion. He didn't even have to try. All the fault lay with one person, and her actions will never make sense to us, not unless Lee gets her own whoring-it-up sequel. Maybe Lee and Linda from "February Sucks" can meet up in Part 2 and double-team Tom Brady.

 

Or maybe this was like "Fight Club." Because Lee and Linda were the same character.

demanderdemanderover 2 years agoAuthor

The Taurus .380, which is heavier than it should be for what it is, had a filed off serial number, making it totally illegal. (I thought I said that.) Also, Virginia has no limit on carrying guns, openly. You see people in Walmart all the time with pistols on their hips. Mark had it in his pocket. Concealed carry. Need a permit. Although he did have a permit, it was still illegal to have the gun with no serial number. Sorry about the name mix up, a bad mistake. D

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

He should turn the mother in law suite into a bdsm dungeon and ass fuck that whore till hez raw, pierce her up…. The whole 9 yards!

MeredithXMeredithXover 2 years ago

@Demander.

My earlier comment had nothing to do with a concealed-carry permit (which is called a "Concealed Handgun Permit" in Virginia). Murderers don't much care about that kinda thing.

My point was that there's no firearms registration in Virginia (nor is there in most states), so the reference to it ("I owned two registered handguns") was pointless. I mean, if Marty actually had shot Big L using one of his "official" guns (never mind the rogue .380), did he intend to leave the weapon at the scene? I kinda doubt that, so he didn't have to worry about any firearm being traced back to him, 'cause the cops wouldn’t have known what he owned to begin with. (Well, Lee might have known; but she might have known about the .380 Taurus too.) Anyway, we can assume Marty would have ditched the murder weapon in proper cloak-and-dagger fashion and played dumb.

Speaking of dumb, I wanted to like this story (I swear I did), but the reuse of one of the worst Lit clichés of all — "wife cheats openly, brazenly and shamelessly in front of people who know her husband, yet somehow is oblivious to the ramifications" — has come to kinda disgust and insult me, especially after I'd seen it, I dunno, maybe fifty times. Why not just write a story called "Women are Dumb and Have No Idea How the World Actually Works"? 'Cause that’s what this really was about.

To be fair, Lee didn't go to Marty and simply announce that she was going to start screwing around "to get it out of her system" or insist that Marty should accept her infidelity "if he really loved her" or that "nothing will change; I'll still be your loving wife." Those stories get one star. You know, for being shit.

Soooooooo ... I still gave the story three stars; I just neglected to say that before. 'Cause I recognized that it was a lot of work, and I liked the twist at the end. That said, I never thought Big L's death had been a mere coincidence, and I doubt Lee (and criminal investigators) would have thought so either. It wouldn't have been too difficult for investigators to connect the driver to Marty's father-in-law. Just sayin’.

Here are your stars: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You may get some negative "that's raycist" comments because although you describe your Larry Johnson as having a blond ponytail there was a black NBA player ('91-'01, 2x All-Star) named Larry Johnson. He did commercials in an "old lady" dress and grey wig as "Grandmama"

I too find "the Lee was zapped by the Martian slut ray" explanation a little unsatisfying, although I am sure that something like that does happen to people.

If I may, an easy way to avoid the "you got this, that, and the other wrong" comments is to avoid too much specificity. If you don't name a state, no one can dispute your laws, though some will still try. A "small pistol with the serial number removed" suffices. By now I'm sure you've seen that the LW commentariat tends to be nit-picky and argumentative so best not to give them too much fodder. Of course there will still be those that complain that you're too vague or general. Best to just not take such things seriously.

Look forward to your next one.

jazzharpjazzharpover 2 years ago

Try writing a sequel without anybody dying. That could be an interesting exercise for you.

I don't think Lee's total loss discretion (?) was because she subconsciously wanted to be caught.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great ending

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Loved the story as is. Easily a five star effort and a memorable ending. However, I am left with a desire to know what happens to Lee and the girls in the aftertmath. Time does sometime heal old wounds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written.Decision by the father to end the life of that bastard is correct.

Logical decision .

Good story.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 2 years ago

Nice little twist, but still too much left up in the air.

I wanted to see Marty move on and find some kind of happiness.

Leaving him like he is now is a bit too depressing.

calibamma707calibamma707over 2 years ago

It would have been nice for the the ex to know how serious he was about killing that devil so she would know not to truffle with men lives. Like.nothing is suppose to happen. I wonder why most writers seem to allow the guy to walk away Scot free. WTH is with that? Y’all telling me most white men are that weak. Because I suspect it’s them doing most of this writing…Death or some kind of restrebution will be coming his way. Even the Bible say a jealous husband will not be appeased in such cases until that man has paid some price.

calibamma707calibamma707over 2 years ago

There should be a “like icon” for comments posted I hit that icon on the right of a comment and a menu came up say thank you for reporting it…Not my intention. I was hoping for a thumb up or down

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Weird. Marty felt a little cheated because Larry was killed in an accident, but I feel a lot cheated that he was murdered by the father-in-law's friend. That was a far-fetched plot element in an otherwise excellent and quite believable story.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

I don't feel that the plot became too far fetched. The father-in-law being savvy enough to worry that Marty might kill the asshole Larry, and there by be on the look out for signs, like seeing him carrying a gun are very real for my money.

He certainly DID NOT want his grandchildren to grow up without their father, and would be very unlikely to be suspect in Larry's death. I felt zero sympathy for the asshole.

That an impromptu "car accident" was able to be pulled off might have been somewhat of a stretch, but no more of one than the stuff we see on NCIS and the like every week. It certainly DID NOT SPOIL THE STORY FOR ME. *****

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

Nice twist in the end. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No way Lee was not aware her cheating around coworkers could get back to her husband. She either had a mental failure or she subconsciously stopped caring about her marriage. She obviously stopped caring once she started enjoying the fantastic sex. She might have been saved if the asshole had been a lousy fuck. And her ex husband must realize that as well, Lee kept going back for more, for as long as she could. She definitely would have started fucking the asshole at home after the divorce, but maybe even if there had been no divorce. Martian Slut Ray? The husband and the daughters are better off without the sick heartless selfish bitch.

It would be fun for a sequel to show how well the ex husband and daughters do with a new life, maybe a new wife and step mother. Lee will marry some dumb old fool, and keep fucking around as opportunity presents itself. Her poor parents.

Thanks for the effort.

mrwondrefulmrwondrefulover 2 years ago

Needs a continuation. Well done story.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

This story seemed pretty chopped up and included inserts and statements that never related to anything else in the story. Why was the mother-in-law room even mentioned? At the time I was anticipating some sort of reconciliation story or at least one where the two stayed together for the twins. The two principal characters were totally into themselves with no thought to the future. The counseling sessions were contrived and did nothing to advance the story.

Milt blowing the horn at the "Big L" was a pretty lame as a murder plan. Of course we knew he would drop the ball into the street. Of course "L" would run willy-nilly into the street. Of course Milt's golf buddy would be perfectly aligned to crush the idiot. The epilogue did nothing to increase the believably of the murder scheme.

Marty himself has a serious psychological problems. The character was presented an an average guy, yet the first thing he thinks is to kill his foe; even plans it in detail? Who exhibits glee when confronted with a bloody and broken body after witnessing someone tossed in the air by an auto? Any "relationship counselor" worth their salt would have spotted that quickly and sent hi for help.

While the writing is technically competent, I suppose the story itself just turned me off. The back story just didn't prepare one for such a dark ending all around. 3/5

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

A tale with seemingly random(?) snippets that pertained to the harassers but not always the tale.

Was a solid 4 till the twist at the end. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I don't think she was thinking straight at all. I think she was.....maybe she was suddenly in a foreign situation -- away from family, famous guy after her. Just gave in to feelings that she ordinarily would have squelched. That's what I could make of it."

I can see that scenario except that she had known him years before when he was a fairly famous guy already. I don't think his fame would have had the same impact on her that it would have to a woman meeting him for the first time. It's more like she was open to that sort of thing - that the guy from her work would have had a better shot than he knew.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars - the story was great, the plot was well laid out and the dialog between characters was the best I've seen in a while. I also think your mentioning the room over the garage could have been used more thoroughly to allow the wife to remain closer to her children. However, I will never give top score to a story with any form of violence - sorry.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Well written… enjoyable. But… so, so, so confusing. I feel cheated. For me this story needs an ending… any ending to feel complete. Thanks

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Second time.

I’m glad Milt took care of business

Regraded my score to 5/5 from 3/5

Good story, saw it second time l read it.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Very nicely done.

Thank you for putting no reconciliation nonsense in this one.

She should have talked with her husband about her issues first.

She didn't give a hoot about her husband she just decided because she's gonna lose her family and all the security that goes with it.

She admitted she considered seeing Larry after he got home. Also Also if you flat out stated that anybody she had sex with after Larry she had always been thinking about Larry. Her husband was spot on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

outstanding ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Marty did exactly what I would have done. Well written.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

Loved the ending. Nice conclusion.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

"If we got divorced based on adultery, the court would probably order counselling anyway." I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Irreconcilable differences, maybe. In some states.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant! The ending actually does it. The father in law intervenes and takes revenge - BRILLIANT! 5 -Stars! Love it when the bastard or the bitch gets burned! This time he is right - The basket ball player needed to die!

FULL MARKS - 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Burn the bitch ONE TIME! 5-Stars! When a wife does what this bitch did, she will have NO sympathy. Any man, especially this good one deserves much better and it is right that he did not forgive her. None of this RAAC shit! She made her bed and now must lie in it. SHE is the one that should have died. A nice twist at the end finding out tat his father in law arranged the accident that took his life. Great Grandpa! Wish I could give more than 5-Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written tale, nice to have an author make a husband/man do the right thing and not continually question his choices. The father in law and his buddy planning and carrying out the plan, has to be the lest expected scenario to end the story with,but satisfying as to why and the result. Type of father in law/friend to have and appreciate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lee's plane was to land at noon. I did not pick up on any of her calls. I had a friend go to the airport, to monitor who got off the plane, and that whole situation. He saw Lee get off with her work.....

How could he have a friend monitor the gates? U need a ticket or is this story from the 80s with youtube as well. Garbage story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To Anonymous who doubts the friend in the airport luggage pickup area, that be the case in your airport but in mine the TSA blockage is only in the boarding area. I found the collusion of the two men to hit L a bit of a stretch but this is fiction isn't it. If Marty was working for the government there is a good chance that his security clearance is in jeopardy.

Second demander story I've read: both well written and I still think English is a second language for the author. I printed off his submissions so I can read some of his other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, but what an absolute downer—mostly realist reactions, but a downer nonetheless.

Rocky210Rocky210over 2 years ago

What a great ending, I laughed and laughed. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good father-in-law.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The answer is YES he deserved to die. Great story, we need more like this and none of the perverted crap that seems to be making up a lot of the stuff on here. BTB is the way to go.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 2 years ago

Meh! It was depressing with a lot of telling of events rather than showing. It needed an editor and more dialogue. I thought the whole backstory was unnecessary since none of it was used later. The ending with the guy that colluded with the FIL was kind of unrealistic, you don't murder someone in cold blood (and in this guys case, with no emotional connection) without it affecting you unless the guy was a psycho so none of that golf meeting made any sense. Who uses the word teleconference?

Still, compared to a lot of crappy stories on this site, this one wasn't horrible. I give it four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

New twist and a great ending. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sometimes people help you without your knowledge. Best kind of friend

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh.

Major issue is that there was no dramatic tension. Right out of the gate he finds out she cheated and he decides to divorce her. The rest is filler and backstory.

The other problem is that this is written like an unrealistic masturbatory revenge fantasy. Larry gets killed, he divorces his cheating wife, she doesn’t want any support or alimony, he gets primary custody.

The result is that it’s just boring. Even with the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent ending, lol! To know that his father-in-law setup Larry’s death was just icing on the cake. That is how we should handle all weasels who hit on married women. They don’t deserve to live!

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

God love that ending.... Kind of agree with the lack of dramatic tension and the revelation of the end game at the beginning. You saved it with that nice epilogue. Suggest though, that veiling the end game with a little diversions would help shield it better

LoejtcLoejtcover 2 years ago

A quote from Lee’s journal: “He had asked me to call him as we were in the cab. In truth, I might have called. But he's gone. I feel another kind of empty about that. If I ever again have sex with a man, I'm sure I'll be remembering sex with Larry.“

Even knowing her marriage is probably over and that Larry bears half the responsibility, she still admits that she might hook up again with him. Further, that she will probably be thinking of him no matter whose cock she may be using for pleasure including her husband’s if they somehow reconcile.

Dumping her may have been the hardest decision he ever made but it was by far the smartest.

A very insightful statement by the author and the basis for the divorce.

Well written. Sad but realistic. Interesting idea at the end but I don’t think it was executed well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh my goodness, you are one sly author. Sneaking in your “killer” ending at the very last of your story. Okay, I am hooked and will be following your offerings. Thanks for sharing. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars to Marty for divorcing the cheating slut AND for not being swayed by the toxic parents!! Guess if he was cheating, they would have a fat lot to say

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 years ago

A very sad tale….well written, thank you.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 2 years ago

Great story, loved the ending. That's a great father-in-law.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 2 years ago

Another sad story. The fallout of an indiscretion ruined both their lives. There are no winners here. The BTB crowd can crow about her getting her just desserts, but that is basically like kicking a puppy who peed on the floor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sounds like all Lee was remorseful for was getting caught, then getting divorced... she seemed to have a good old time with L and enjoyed herself immensely (best sex she ever had), not thinking about the consquences one iota... she also stated the if she had not been outed she might have called him if he had not been killed... unfortunately, she will eventually get over it all and there will be many a idiot male willing to take her on as soon as she lets them.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
quote Ellen said, "You're hurting now. Your ego is badly damaged. You need to get over that. Your marriage isn't over just because of a few days." unquote

Bye bye Mother in law. We can see which side you have taken

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story except for the absurd scene from a golf course. What a crock of shit. A noted basketball player with no spatial awareness or reaction time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm giving it 3 stars,what happened to the DNA swabs?You left to many unanswered threads

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

early in the story you made her a mudshark .

i always stop reading a story when IR is intruduced and rate them a well deserved one star .

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 2 years ago

A "found" weapon with its serial number filed off probably already has at least one body on it. Might lead the police astray, looking for a link to the other killing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Milt is a legend.

'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Re: anony 'mudshark'

You gotta be kidding.

Color was not made a massive element in this story. At all.

Profiling it as such, makes you the person with the issue.

Even the word mudshark stinks.

People get involved with different people. Obviously Lee wasn't racist, she dated a black guy in college, but when he... like many white people... turned out to be less than reliable, she ditched him. She got with the protagonist and the story said she thought he was better. That's not racist.

Marty also wasn't racist. He had no issues with Rashad. It was Rashad's own actions that put him in the outer. Until that time everyone got along famously and even then, Marty wasn't going to get involved until Lee made it plain that she knew what was up and opened the door for Marty.

She fell for the big star out of town. So he was black. So what? Most basketball players are.

Not one mention was made of the 'black' thing.

The story was great. Complete. Deserves the high score it gets. Your loss if you write it off and 1-bomb it.

Even worse is that you don't read it because of an attitude. If you hate stories that have the BBC element, then you're as bad as women who go after the BBC thing because of the taboo, just on the other end of the spectrum.

Jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story is very so so at best!

Whatever ending is no ending at all!

The whole story just drops off and leaves the characters just hanging - just like us readers were left hanging?

OK, There was a divorce and then everyone just sort of lost their will and any future desire!

Just a blah nothing for anyone and everyone.

The story lacked the overall mission and conclusiveness because the parties were just left hanging in the limbo of after divorce.

Oh well - next story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Gramps to the rescue! Hoorah!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He was right why have a monogamous relationship that isn't monogamous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She did it because she wanted to more than she wanted to think about the consequences of doing . So she also made sure not to think about that until the tingle was over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lee only cared that she was caught. Even admitted she might have called the guy again. Admitted she would have remembered sex with him had he not died. These were things she was thinking about after she exploded her marriage.

The only reason she was so sad was because she was publicly humiliated. The her whole world knew she cheated on her husband before she even left the guys room.

To the commenter saying the story just leaves the characters hanging...lol yeah man that's actually kinda how it goes when you get burned badly enough. You kinda just give up. Lots of people don't make it out. You basically need to reinvent yourself. Maybe not very interesting for a story but I think it did a pretty good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Depressing story,a real bummer! Too long,to!It should have been wrapped up in 2 pages. Lee was a cheating twat,hubby felt betrayed and was pissed off and heartbroken…blah,blah,blah,blah,blah.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pretty hardcore in is attitude - one and done with everything. Guess some guys are that way. Nothing uplifting about this story. A real Debbie-downer.

bookmadcatbookmadcatalmost 2 years ago

good story, well written; emotionally black and white, no grey, you did the crime you pay the price, probably more realistic than some of the others on this site

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97almost 2 years ago

I liked the story and wanted to give it a 5 but couldn't for a few reasons. Lee's characterization was just weak. I have no first hand knowledge of a cheating wife's mentality but the way you portrayed her was like she was missing a component of her personality. She very shallowly portrayed her thoughts and attitude towards the cheating. I do get that a lot of cheating wife's really don't have a good answer for why they cheat. But she gave almost no insight whatsoever into her why and you even went so far as to say have her say she probably would have contacted him again after returning home. But she did knowingly blow up her entire world even if she claimed she was oblivious while she was doing it. Had you been able to work in some more pathos into the portions of the story narrated by her I think would have been more successful but I don't know if you even were trying for that. You might have wanted her exactly as shallow as you portrayed her.

It just seems that a woman destroying her marriage, her relationship with her children, her professional reputation and her personal family relationships would feel a bit more conflicted about why she chose to do that.

I actually wondered when it happened if the death scene was planned instead of an accident. Good story but it could have used a bit more in depth exploration of why she threw her life away after some time reflecting on the loss near the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Goes to prove there is a God!

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

Just a morbid depressing story with absolutely no type of satisfying conclusion why didn't you just kill the entire family in a murder suicide that's how bad this story was!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I found this ok. I knew there was more to the car accident than it seemed. As to why Lee did what she did, in health and safety, its called the 'human factor' we do something and we don't know why we did it. It can also be out of our character to do it. That said, why did Lee it for 3 days/nights, we don't know but it may be she got 'plough deep'. She was so deep she could not see over the furrow sides except what was in front of her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mostly excellent writing. Only one I/me-after-preposition error.) two stars subtracted for reveal of Larry's murder.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous