Big Decisions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ellen says she's worried about Lee, who has become a recluse of sorts. I don't see much of her out and about, although we associate with the same group, and live near each other. I am not sympathetic, and likely never will be.

I never understood why she did what she did. I believe that she may not understand it. The best I can do is to put it down to a confluence of events -- unlikely events at that. Her vague dissatisfaction, her chance to go to Miami, and most of all, meeting Larry there. Any two of those probably wouldn't have triggered her. All three happened. PFFT!! Marriage gone. Adrift....

SCENE FROM A GOLF COURSE -- A YEAR LATER

Milt Moore was playing golf on a Saturday. He played in a regular foursome. However, on this day an old school friend of his was substituting for one of the group. The friend was Fred Cunningham. They had known each other since high school. Fred was an electrical engineer. The two had a private conversation while walking from the ninth tee. They hadn't spoken about the matter yet. Certainly not on the telephone.

Milt said, "How are you coping these days, Fred?"

"I'm okay with it. I agreed to try. I just followed him all the way down from his house. It was just like you said."

"He always went to play on Saturday afternoon, if he was in town. He retired, but wanted to play. I sympathize with that. I read about it in the Post."

"I couldn't believe it when he darted into the street. It was such a big decision to make for me. And it was on me so fast. I just did it. If he hadn't done that, maybe I couldn't have swerved to him. Your horn rattled him."

"But I bet you were shaken after. I know I was. Not only did it work to perfection, but more than perfection. Amazing. Almost like the Lord intervened to protect Marty."

"I was rattled, all right. I watched him die. I was calling 911. Marty...that was Marty? He was right there. Why?"

"I thought if it worked, he needed to see it. Closure, of some kind. Later he told me he felt cheated. I knew he would kill the guy. Sooner or later, he would do it. He had a gun on him then. I wanted my granddaughters to have a functioning father. A family. I knew Lee...well...she might have done something rash if Marty was arrested, and it was her fault."

"Did he deserve to die, though?"

"Hard to say. But Marty and the girls deserved a life. Lee, too."

The two old friends never spoke again about the matter. They strolled down the fairway next to each other.

The end.