Big in Japan Ch. 05

Story Info
Conclusion: solutions, aftermath, and shocking ending twist.
16.5k words
4.89
8.8k
4

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Note: if you try any of the whiskeys discussed in this story, please drink responsibly.

***

Part 27 - Attack and Reprisal (continued)

*WHAM!*

The perp face-planted on the playground soil. Seven-year-old Carole Troy had grabbed one of his legs, tripping him up.

"Run, Tasha!" Carole yelled as she got up. Tasha ran as fast as she could towards her mother and Laura, who were running up themselves. But Carole did not run. Instead she ran up and began stabbing her fingers at the man's eyes as he turned over and tried to get up, and she connected a couple of times.

"AAAUGH!" the man screamed in pain. "You little bitch! I'll kill you!" As he started to get up, Carole chose discretion over further valor, and took off running for her mother.

"Bitch!" the perp yelled, his eye still in pain and beginning to swell. But he did not get far. The three TCPD Officers had come up. Patrolman Wagner tackled him again, and Patrolman Buchannan put a knee into his shoulder blade (no, not his neck) to keep him down as Sergeant Carter helped Wagner affix handcuffs to the man.

"We got him, ma'am." said Buchannan to Laura as they bodily picked the man up off the ground. Tasha had been picked up by her mother Paulina, but was now squirming to get down.

"That was a great tackle, Carole." said Sergeant Carter. "You saved your sister's life."

"Thank you, Sar-gent Car-ter." Carole said politely, having observed Carter's name tag as well as the Sergeant stripes on the arm of his Uniform shirt.

"Thank you, guys." Laura said. "We'll go to the Police HQ infirmary. I'm going to make sure Carole wasn't injured, then we'll make our statements."

"Sure thing." said Carter. He then went over and bagged as evidence the knife the perp had dropped.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Officers roughly dragged the man the other way, around the side of the school where the perp had appeared. Seeing a shady spot on the side of the building that looked obscure and private, Buchannan said "Stop here."

They stopped and Buchannan slammed the man against the wall. "Oh, so it's like that, huh?" he said, getting in the perp's face. "You gonna try to kill a little black girl? Huh? So that's what it's come to?"

"She ain't black!" the man snarled. "She's a fucking halfbreed! And you're just a fucking Uncle Tom!" He spit at Buchannan, hitting the Officer right on the word 'POLICE' on Buchannan's armor.

*WHUMP!*

Buchannan bunched his large fist and slammed it into the man's ribs. The perp bent over, coughing.

"Hold this nigga up." Buchannan said. He drew back and drove his arm upward, smashing his fist into the man's ribs.

"UHH!" the man gasped. Another blow to the solar plexus, and the man went limp in the Officers's arms, and began retching.

*WHAM!*

Buchannan drove his fist into the side of the man's face, boxing his ear. Then another haymaker to the other side of his head. The other Officers pulled the perp up, and Buchannan smashed him in the nose.

"Pol...ice... bru.. tali...ty..." the man gasped weakly.

"Shoulda thought of that before you spit on me, punk." Buchannan said. "And this ain't shit. Wait until the Iron Crowbar gets a hold of yo ass for trying to murder his daughter..."

After several more punishing blows to the perp's body and head, Sergeant Carter said "Okay, that's enough. Let's get him to County Jail." They turned and began half-walking, half-dragging the man to Buchannan's Patrol cruiser. As they got up to it, they looked up to see a KXTC van, and the cameraman filming them.

"Oh, crap." said Wagner, realizing that KXTC had just filmed a TCPD Officer exercising a beatdown of a suspect in their custody...

Part 28 - Repercussions

Laura and Paulina had brought Carole and Tasha to Police Headquarters, where Laura examined Carole most very thoroughly for injuries.

"It doesn't hurt anywhere, Mommy." Carole protested as Laura looked her over.

"Now Carole," Laura said, "you tackled a man much large and heavier than you. Just his leg running into you could injure you. Now is not the time to be a hero and pretend you're not feeling pain if you are."

"I'm not, Mommy." Carole said. Still, Laura checked her for concussion, prodded and probed Carole's ribs and abdomen and back to see if Carole reacted in pain, then made Carole put her arms up like she was blocking someone in a football game, and turn from side to side.

"You're not feeling any pain at all?" Laura asked yet again.

"No, Mommy." Carole said.

Laura also checked out Tasha, talking to her and asking her questions. But it was more than just a physical exam; it was a subtle psychological exam, being executed by one of the very best psychiatrists in the Nation.

"I was scared at first," Tasha said, "but after Carole made the man fall down and I could run away, I wasn't as scared."

"You did very well." Paulina said reassuringly. "And Carole, you were very brave. Thank you for saving Tasha."

"You don't have to thank me, Aunt Paulina." Carole said. "Tasha is my sis-ter, and I'm a Po-leece Off-i-sirrr now."

Paulina hugged Carole warmly, trying not to break down crying. Laura looked much less amused...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The KXTC van hurtled into the parking lot of KXTC's headquarters. Reporter Pat Stellum and his cameraman grabbed their stuff and rushed inside. The cameraman hurried to the A/V editing room while Stellum ran to the 'city room', the large open area where the reporters's desks were.

Pat Stellum was white, short, and getting(?) overweight. He had black hair that clearly revealed the large bald spot on top of his head, which literally shone if television pancake makeup was not applied.

"We've got 'em!" he yelled as he rushed into the 'city room'. "We've got TCPD cops beating up a black man!" The reporters all cheered.

"What happened?" asked a 'cub reporter.

"We were at Eastside Elementary, where we were told to go." said Stellum. "Apparently something happened behind the school, in the playground. The cops arrested a guy, but when they brought him around the side, thinking they couldn't be seen, one of them started just beating the shit out of the guy, who was handcuffed and in custody."

"What's the full story?" asked Carl Lemay. Lemay was black, articulate, looked good in a suit, and had recently been hired as Lester 'Penis' Holder's replacement as KXTC's 'Reporter of Color'. "Why was that guy arrested? What happened behind the school?"

"After we heard all the commotion on the Police radios, we got the footage from the school's cameras while you were coming back here." said the blonde reporterette Martha Faulkner. "That perp attacked a little girl with a knife. Fortunately, the guy tripped and face-planted, and the girl got away and was able to get to her mother."

"It would've been nice," said a voice coming from the office areas, "if you'd actually gotten some film footage of that." The voice revealed itself to be Bettina Wurtzburg, Executive Publisher and Managing Editor of KXTC Channel Two News.

"Ma'am," said Stellum, "we did what we were told. We parked on the street and waited for something to happen. And we got the cops beating up a black man in their custody!"

"Anyone know who the little girl is?" asked Carl Lemay, redirecting the flow of the conversation.

"Oh yes." said Bettina Wurtzburg. "Tasha Troy-Patterson, ADA Paulina Patterson's daughter." Pat Stellum looked around as the pall of silence suddenly enveloped the room.

"What?" Stellum asked.

"You're new here." Bettina said. "So you may not know that Tasha is also the daughter of Police Commander Donald Troy... the Iron Crowbar. And Tasha is the little girl that our colleague Lester Holder kept calling a 'halfbreed', which I can't prove but personally believe led to our colleague's death. In any case, Pat, come with me. Let's review your footage and the school-cam footage..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Upon being called by Laura, I rushed down to Police Headquarters. I noticed that KXTC was manning cameras on the roof of the building at Riverside and College, and also at ground level across Riverside Drive from Headquarters... all cameras pointing at Police Headquarters and the parking lot. Now how did they hear about this so quickly? I wondered to myself. And what the hell are they up to?

I parked and rushed inside. I almost made it to the door of the anteroom to my office when Tasha rushed around the corner of the hallway and headlong into my legs. I picked her up and got a very strong hug.

"Daddy," Tasha said, trying not to cry, "a bad man tried to hurt me."

"I know, Little Love." I said. "It's all right now. We've got the bad man in jail."

"And Carole saved my life by tackling the bad man." Tasha said. "I was scared and ran, but she didn't. I'm sorry I was scared and ran." Uh oh, I thought to myself.

"That's okay." I said. "You did what you were supposed to." I carried her into my office as Paulina, Laura, and Carole came down the hallway, and sat Tasha down on my desk.

"Tasha," I said, sitting down in my chair, "what happens when you've seen Buddy or Bowser go after one of Tiger Mom's kittens? What does the little kitten do?"

"Runs away to its mommy." Tasha said.

"Yes." I said. "And what does Tiger Mom do?"

"She swats Buddy and Bowser on their noses." Tasha said.

"And so do the kitten's bigger brothers and sisters." added Carole helpfully, seeing where I was going with this (I think).

"That's right." I said. "So you did what little kids and kittens are supposed to do... you ran for your mom. Your big sister and your mom and Aunt Laura helped you escape the bad man."

"As did your Officers." said Paulina. "I'm glad they got there before that madman went after all of us."

I nodded, then said "So, Tasha, you did the right thing, and it's okay that you felt scared when you were in danger, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy." said Tasha. She gave me another big hug and I hugged her back.

"C'mere Fussbudget, so I can hug you, too." I said. Carole came around the desk and I gave her a big hug, too...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Bettina Wurtzburg, Pat Stellum, and Carl Lemay sat in Bettina's office, reviewing the KXTC camera footage as well as the school camera footage, which was grainy and of poor quality.

"I really wish you'd gotten footage of the attack on the girl." said Bettina, her voice denoting her clear derision.

"Ma'am," said Stellum, his voice connoting his own exasperation, "I did exactly what the City Room email said to do: we parked across the street, and watched to see if anything happened."

"Who sent that email?" Bettina asked.

"It was the City Room's official email account." said Stellum.

"Oh, geez." Bettina said. "Over twenty people have access to that account, and it could have been any one of them. All right, it's good you got this, Stellum... but we can't use a bit of it."

"Whaa?" Stellum and Lemay both said simultaneously. Then Lemay said, "Why not, ma'am?"

"Take a look at that footage again." Bettina said. "Go ahead, replay it." They replayed it.

"I don't see the problem." said Stellum. "I see three TCPD Pigs beating the living shit out of a black man. Why isn't that news?"

"That's not what I see." Bettina said flatly.

"Ohhh, I get it." said Carl Lemay, somewhat sadly. "The cops are all black."

"That's right." said Bettina. "If even one of those cops was white, we'd have the story of the decade, and you'd be getting a Pulitzer for getting that story. But they're all black."

"So what?" said Stellum. "They're cops! People will see that first."

"Stellum," said Bettina, "you're just not getting it. You're making me say it out loud, so I will: it does not fit the Media's narrative to show black cops beating up anyone at all. The narrative is to show white cops exercising brutality against blacks. Ergo, Stellum, this video footage does us no good whatsoever."

"That's right!" said a voice. They turned to see State Senator Katherine Woodburn, owner of KXTC, come into the room and shut the door behind her. Bettina saw both men admiring Katherine's gorgeous, shapely legs, and as always, Bettina felt jealous of the better-looking Katherine.

Katherine said: "Bettina's right, we can't use that. And we won't. Bury it. Bury it deep."

"I... I don't understand!" said Pat Stellum, frustrated beyond belief that his big break was being buried like that. "This is Commander Troy's cops beating up a restrained black man! The only thing better------ I mean 'worse', is that if the man had died."

Katherine said "Pat, let me ask you a question: do you want Eldrick X. Weaver to beat that illegitimate piece of crap Allgood for the Mayor's post? Do you want Bruce Finneran to beat Curly Goodwin for the I.G. post, and the enormous ramifications that will have for Donald Troy and the TCPD?"

"Of course I do!" Stellum said. "And this will help them win!"

"If you want Daniel Allgood to win," Katherine said, "just show that footage on the news. Go ahead, I won't stop you."

"I will." said Bettina. "I agree with Katherine, guys. Showing this would undermine everything we've done. It would make Lester Holder's death meaningless. It might even get Katina Jones elected over Edgar Silas. No, guys, we're burying this. Katherine, what about a story on the attack on Paulina's little troll?"

"That's a tougher one." said Katherine. "We can hold off until Monday morning, and see how things play out."

"If you will excuse me..." said Stellum. He got up and left the room...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

2:00pm, Saturday, September 19th. I went into Classroom 'E'. Lt. Jerome Davis, Lt. Mary Milton, Detective Sergeant Julia Rodriguez, Senior Detectives Theo Washington Detective George Newman, Sr. Patrol Officer Penny Scott, and Auxiliary Officer Terry Halston were already there.

"All right, guys, whaddya got?:" I asked.

The perp's name is Tommy John... yes, like the name of the baseball player and the surgery." said Penny Scott. "Tommy has a long rap sheet of petty thefts, assaults, mostly bar fights, one count of sexual battery, and was arrested for partaking in the Juneteenth demonstrations at the Courthouse, but somehow fell through the cracks and was released with a lot of others."

"And I dug a little deeper," Mary Milton said, "and found that he had been flagged to be held, but that somehow got reversed and he was let go. I'm still digging into who hacked into us and did that."

"Interesting." I said, mostly to myself. "Anyone talked to him yet?"

"Yes sir." said Theo Washington. "George (Newman) and I went to County Jail and talked to him. He said this before he lawyered up. As Bettina says, 'Roll tape!'."

Tape rolled, showing Tommy John saying "Yeah, I was trying to kill that worthless little halfbreed! Why? Ain't it obvious? After that racist Iron Crowbar and that hanky headed house negro ho put Breonna Bryant away for the rest of her life, her daddy said he wanted the Cracker to feel the same pain of having his daughter taken from him! That was the least I could do for him and all Parents of Color that have had their children taken away by racist white cops!"

"So," Theo said, "you did it because Breonna Bryant's father said he wanted the Iron Crowbar's daughter to be taken away from her father, is that right?"

"You bet it is! you fucking Uncle Tom Pig!" John yelled, his body shaking with fury.

Back to live time in Classroom 'E': I said " 'Parents of Color', eh. Sound like he was coached to say that. Sounds like some flowery line that Leftwing academicians and their allies of the Mainstream Media would say to create a sound bite."

"I agree, sir." said Theo, practicing good asskissing skills. "This guy Tommy John, he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. Judging by his rap sheet, he can be easily convinced of things. That sexual assault charge wasn't worse because he kept saying the woman he allegedly raped led him on and enticed him to make a sexual move on her, then accused him of rape only afterwards. Also, word has it that he's one of Stacey Jacobs's 'enforcers', the equivalent of T-Square's 'Regiment'."

"He's definitely been 'radicalized'." said Jerome Davis.

"More like 'brainwashed'." said Mary Milton. I pointed at her and nodded vigorously in agreement...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

4:00pm, Saturday, September 19th. Detectives Theo Washington and George Newman (both black) were in Interrogation-1 at County Jail. Opposite them were Tommy John and his attorney, H.J. Lynch of the rabidly anti-Police Chase, Lynch & Berry law firm.

"As your Commander likes to say, 'Let's watch some TV!'." said Lynch with barely suppressed excitement. He pulled out his tablet and brought up the video. It was KXTC's coverage of the beating Tommy John had taken from Officer Buchannan earlier.

"You might as well drop the charges now." said Lynch. "That won't stop my lawsuit against you, nor the US DOJ's lawsuit and forcing a Consent Decree on you, of course." As he stood up, he said "Come on, let's go."

"Your client is not going anywhere." said Theo. "He's charged with attempted first degree murder with the aggravating circumstance that the victim is a minor child, as well as making terroristic threats and assaulting a Police Officer-------"

"Are you kidding?!?!" Lynch yelled, his face nearly purple with apoplectic fury. "Your cops beat the hell out of my client, he can't even open his eye, and you're going to even try to charge him with assaulting a Police Officer? You bastards are outrageous?"

"He spit on a Police Officer." said Theo. "By the way, he got those injuries when his intended victim's sister tackled him and he went down hard on his face, then she poked him in the eye to stop his murderous assault. We have her sworn affidavit on that. As to that video? Looks like it was staged by KXTC... just how did they know to be right there at that time. It's almost like... KXTC knew in advance that your client was going to try to kill Commander Troy's daughter."

It really looked like Lynch was going to have a heart attack. "You... you... you'll never prove that!"

"I think we have a solid if circumstantial case," said George Newman, "and maybe you should tell your buddies at KXTC that. As to getting the charges dropped.. I'm sure Judge Harry Nance will eagerly drop the charges... and then your client will be released. And like my fellow Detective here said, the little girl your client tried to kill... is the Iron Crowbar's daughter."

"Is that a threat?" Lynch snarled.

"You tell me." said Theo. "But think about it, Tommy. You walk out of here after trying to kill the Iron Crowbar's daughter... and if Commander Troy doesn't get to you, whoever set you up to do that is going to want you silenced. That's not a threat, just an honest evaluation of your chances to live."

George Newman said "Orrrrr... you take a generous plea deal from the District Attorney, agree not to sue, and it's ten years max with possibility of parole."