Big Love Samoa Ch. 02

Story Info
We find out how polygamist relationships work on the island.
12.6k words
4.72
4.1k
5

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/20/2023
Created 06/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the second section of a six-part story, so you are advised to start at part 1. Because it was written as one story, rather than written in episodes or chapters, I have made no attempt at recapping previous parts or reintroducing characters at the beginning of later sections.

In the preface to part one, I talked about my decision to publish this in the Erotic Couplings section. Since then, the Literotica admins have moved it to Novels and Novellas. I've decided to just roll with that.

++++++++++++++

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the toilet flushing. Helen came out of the bathroom still completely naked, and I marvelled at her lack of self-consciousness as she started making some coffee before finally starting to get dressed.

In contrast to Helen, I was feeling very self-conscious. I was still naked, and my pyjamas were lying on the floor in the middle of the room. I was hoping that Kat would go into the bathroom so I could get dressed, but when I looked over at her I could see that she had her own reasons for staying in bed.

Soon after we had turned out the lights, we had struggled with the noise of the air conditioner, so Kat had gotten up to turn it off. The downside of this was that the room had gotten very hot, and the result of that was that I could see from her bare shoulders that she had removed her pyjama top during the night. She had probably put it on the bed beside her, but it was now out of reach on the floor.

Once Helen was dressed, she said "Come on you two. I want to get to the breakfast buffet before they run out of the good stuff." Her eyes were focused on Kat with a teasing smile, and I could see Kat respond with a plaintive 'help me' look. Helen decided to take pity on her and turn her attention to me.

I was confident that Helen didn't actually want me to expose myself to Kat, and this seemed confirmed when she picked my pyjamas off the floor. However, she decided to twist the knife by tossing the pyjamas into my suitcase and pulling out a pair of underwear. As my need to use the toilet was becoming urgent, I quickly pulled on the underwear under the sheet before going into the bathroom.

++++++++++++++++

After breakfast we checked out of the hotel and walked through the town since we didn't have to be back at the airport until the afternoon. We did a bit of shopping and enjoyed some coffee and cake. We had lunch in a cafe with a big window overlooking the street, and at one point Kat exclaimed "Look there. Do you think they're from Hilda's island?"

Kat was pointing to two females, a woman in her forties and a teenager who looked like mother and daughter. They were both wearing long blue dresses with long sleeves that really made them stand out. It suddenly occurred to me that Helen and Kat were both dressed in a similar fashion; Helen was wearing a long-sleeved blouse and a long skirt while Kat was wearing a long-sleeved maxi dress. The key difference was that, while Helen and Kat looked modern and stylish, these women outside looked old-fashioned and frumpy.

"Do they still really dress that way?" I asked.

"They do when they're out in public," replied Helen.

"What about the men? Should I be wearing long trousers and a shirt and tie?"

"No. Men can get away with wearing anything unless they're actually going to church," said Helen.

"It's another victory for the patriarchy," said Katerina.

+++++++++++++

Kat's assumption that the two women came from Hilda's island was confirmed when we saw them waiting for the same plane. The plane was a small one, with room for only six passengers. They politely responded to our greetings, but it seemed obvious that they were reluctant to engage in much conversation with us.

When the plane arrived at our destination, we could see that it was a volcanic island. The volcano wasn't very large, but it did mean that the majority of the farms and settlements hugged the coast. The airport was just a single paved runway on the western side of the island. There was certainly no terminal building. Instead, all we found was a small carpark containing two vehicles, each with a small group of people standing waiting for the plane.

The woman and her daughter who had flown with us from Pago Pago disembarked first and walked towards a white Toyota Previa where there was a man and three women waiting for them. All the women were dressed in the same very plain and modest fashion. There was a lot of hugging all round.

Helen led Kat and me toward the other vehicle where there was a man and three women waiting. In contrast to the first group, the women in this group were wearing more fashionable clothing, although still modestly covering their arms and legs. I also noticed that they seemed reserved and uncertain. As we got closer, the first group seemed to switch their attention to us, curiously observing our arrival from just a short distance away. Kat, who was walking beside me, quickly whispered in my ear. "Just do what the other guy does. Introductions can be quite formal here."

Out of the group of four waiting to meet us, a man who looked to be in his early to mid-thirties stepped forward. One of the women also stepped forward, a pretty woman who looked about my age with long, platinum blonde hair. The other two women remained a step or two behind. One of them had a similar look to my wife Helen. She was a classic beauty, tall, with long brown hair. I estimated her to be in her late twenties. The other woman was younger, maybe early twenties. She had a plainer face and long thick blonde hair bundled messily on top of her head. Out of the four of them, this last woman was the only one smiling. She seemed to be holding herself back from running forward to greet us, so I naturally assumed that this was Hilda.

Helen stopped walking a few metres before we reached our hosts and ushered me forward. The man stepped forward to shake my hand. "Welcome. My name is Jonathan Eaton."

"Thank you," I said. "My name is Finnian Doyle."

"Please allow me to introduce my wife. This is Anastasia." The blonde at his side then stepped forward to shake my hand.

Remembering Kat's advice just to follow the man's lead, I introduced Helen as my wife. Helen shook hands with both of them, and then it was Anastasia's turn to speak. "Please allow me to introduce my sister wives. This is Theodora, and this is Hildegard." Both women stepped forward for a further round hand shaking.

Finally, it was Kat's turn to be included. Helen said "Please allow me to introduce my sister wife. This is Katerina." Once all of our hosts had shaken Kat's hand, they led us to their vehicle, a seven-seater Toyota Highlander. Theodora and Hilda climbed into the very back, then the three of us got into the middle row. Anastasia sat up front with Jonathan who was driving. As we were getting into the car, the other group who had been observing us also got into their car. Both cars exited the carpark side by side. The other car turned south towards a sizable town we could see in the distance, while our car turned north onto a road that hugged the coast.

++++++++++++++++++

As soon as we were on the road, the atmosphere in the car lightened considerably. "I'm sorry that was so stuffy," said Jonathan, "but that guy was one of the church elders, and they like to see the formalities respected. You coped with that very well if I may say so. Please feel free to call me John."

"And please call me Annie," said Anastasia.

From behind me, Theodora said "Please, please, please call me Ted. I hate the name Theodora." I reintroduced myself as Finn, and Katerina asked to be called Kat.

It wasn't long before there were two conversations going on in the car. Helen and Kat were chatting with the young and enthusiastic Hilda behind us like they were long lost friends while I was talking with John and Annie in front. They were mostly making polite enquiries about our journey and pointing out various sights. Eventually we came to the literal end of the road. We passed a small cottage, went through a gate, and started down a very long gravel drive.

"That cottage marks the beginning of our property," said John. "My Aunt Esther moved in there after my parents died."

"When he says she's his aunt, he actually means she's one of his father's other wives," clarified Annie.

"Mum was dad's second wife," said John. "Esther was his third. His first wife moved back to Arizona."

"You must have quite a few brothers and sisters," I said.

"Actually, I'm an only child," he said. "There's a history of fertility problems in my father's family." I noticed John and Annie sharing a look at each other. I sensed this was a source of sadness for them.

We were passing through large tracts of land covered in banana trees and some sort of root crop. "All this land must keep you very busy," I said, trying to take the conversation in a safer direction.

John laughed. "To be honest, I hate farming. I've leased all my fields to my neighbour. I trained as an electrician when I was living in Hawaii. It's not a very consistent income, but with the money we get from leasing the fields and looking after the lighthouse, we do alright."

"Do your wives have jobs?" I asked, and then I panicked that I had said the wrong thing. I couldn't imagine many women earning an income in this sort of society.

To my relief, John said "Yes, they're all earning an income now." He sounded extremely proud of this fact. "Annie here works at the school, and we're exploring options for her to get a teaching qualification. Ted's our entrepreneur. And, of course, Hilda's now getting an income for her bird research."

The area of flat land between the interior hills and the ocean had been narrowing considerably as we approached what I knew would be the northernmost point of the island, and we had reached the point where we had to climb over a hill that extended into the sea. When we reached the top of the hill, John stopped the car so that we could admire the view. Ahead of us was one last bay before a significant headland which was crowned by a lighthouse. It was obvious that this headland was home to a large colony of birds.

From here, our road went in two directions. If we turned to the left, we would descend into the bay where I could see a cluster of buildings. The road to our right followed the high ground around the bay and onto the headland as far as the lighthouse. John pointed the car along the road to the right and drove us slowly out to the lighthouse. Once we got onto the headland, we could see that the far side of it was steep and rocky, and it was here that the birds had made their home. After showing us this view, John retraced our path and took us down to their home by the beach. John parked his Highlander next to a Camry and an MR2. It didn't surprise me that they were all Toyotas. I hadn't seen any other make of car on the island, and I knew that it wasn't uncommon in isolated places. No doubt the local mechanic preferred to carry a limited range of parts. We disembarked, and Annie led us all inside the house.

++++++++++++++++

The house was surprisingly modern, certainly less than ten years old. From the driveway side of the house, however, it looked very unimpressive. In particular, the end wall looked unfinished and had no windows. In contrast, the other end of the house overlooking the beach was amazing. It had a large, open-plan lounge and kitchen area, glass doors leading to an expansive deck, and a large in-ground swimming pool. The sun was setting, and the view just took our breath away.

"Finn, could you help me serve up the dinner?" said John. "Everything's ready and waiting. The girls just need a few minutes to get themselves ready." I followed him into the kitchen where we found a large stew simmering in a crockpot and some salads in the refrigerator. We carried everything over to a large dining table which could easily have seated ten or even twelve people. We finished off by opening two bottles of wine.

Eventually the women emerged from the various bedrooms. They had all changed their clothing, with all of them now exposing their arms and legs. Mostly they had opted for shorts and t-shirts, although Ted had opted for a crop top which left her navel exposed. John greeted each of his wives with a quick kiss as they appeared accompanied by a comment about how nice they looked. "It's nice to get out of those stuffy clothes," said Annie as she sat down at the table.

John laughed. "Our guests should feel honoured that all of my wives came to meet them," he said. "They aren't fans of the local fashions, but we've learned it's best not to scandalise our neighbours."

"I take it that you're allowed to dress more casually at home," I said.

"Well, yes and no," said Annie. "If someone was coming to visit us, we would all dress more modestly again."

"What if someone visits unexpectedly?" I asked.

"That's the beauty of it," said John. "Nobody here would think of visiting anyone else without calling first. Even Aunty Esther calls before visiting, even though we don't need to make any special effort for her. We have complete privacy here at home. You know, when Hilda talked to me about inviting you to stay, I almost said no because I value how relaxed our home is. I only said yes when she assured me that, even though you lived our lifestyle, you weren't actually part of the church. I must say, we are all very curious about your situation, but maybe that's a story for another night."

I was relieved that we weren't expected to explain ourselves yet to our hosts. Instead, John spent most of the meal talking about their house. He explained that he had grown up in a large rambling farmhouse on the site of the current barn. Unfortunately, the foundations had been unstable and they had reached the point where it was better to build a new house rather than fix the old one. They had used an architect to design a large house that could be built a bit at a time, which explained why one end had looked unfinished. The design allowed for more bedrooms to be added later.

"When we built this house," said John, "we had to make decisions about what to spend our money on. In the end, we had to decide between building four bedrooms, or building three bedroom and the swimming pool. As you can see, we decided we couldn't live without the swimming pool."

"That makes sense," I said.

"Housing is always a constant challenge in our way of life," continued John. "Some of the bigger farms down south have several houses, where each wife and her children can live independently of the other wives. Of course, plenty of other families are crammed in one house together. Obviously for a man in my position with three wives but no children, a four-bedroom house is considered ideal, but I'm happy to make do with three. I'm in a different room each night and I have a hell of a time keeping track of my belongings, but it's worth it to have a pool. Hilda tells me you guys live in an apartment in the city. Do you have three bedrooms or two?"

"Two," I answered.

"Then you know what I'm talking about," said John. "I'm thinking about building a wardrobe on wheels. That's all I need. If I want to be alone, I've always got the beach."

"Um, since there's only three bedrooms, do you mind if I ask what our sleeping arrangements will be?" I asked.

"That's all been organised. We're giving you Annie's room for the week. Annie and I are going to stay in Ted's room, and whichever of your wives that's not with you can share with Hilda. That seemed best since Hilda already knows them." I happened to glance at Hilda just in time to see a brief scowl on her face before her smile returned. This sign of discontent surprised me as she had seemed to be very happy to have Helen and Kat here with her.

+++++++++++++++++

As we finished our dinner, Annie and Ted started clearing the table and they refused all offers of help. John asked Hilda what her plans were for tomorrow. "It will be high tide in the morning," said Hilda, "so I thought I might take Helen and Kat out in the boat. Then in the afternoon when the tide is out, we can walk down the path along the base of the cliff."

The three scientists immediately started talking about birds again, so John invited me to join him for a drink on the deck. He produced a bottle of Islay whisky which was a new experience for me since I normally drink Irish whiskeys. After a while we were joined by Annie who sat down and poured herself a glass. Then, about five minutes later, I had an excellent view of Ted coming out of the house wearing only a bikini and diving into the pool.

John had his back to the pool, and when he heard the splash, he paused mid-sentence and turned around to look. Once he had spent a few moments watching Ted begin a series of laps, he turned back to me. "We all love the pool, but Ted is best at using it for exercise. She usually makes time for it twice a day." He turned around for another look at Ted, and then he turned back to Annie and me. His expression was hard to read.

Annie started giggling. "I think John is starting to regret your visit already," she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling slightly worried.

"Oh, it's just that Ted doesn't normally bother with a swimsuit," said Annie.

++++++++++++++++

We sat outside drinking for some time while Helen and Kat talked with Hilda inside. When Ted climbed out of the pool, she joined us outside for a glass of whisky still wearing her bikini. She had a towel around her waist and another towel draped over her shoulders, but there was still a lot of skin on display. Annie and Ted were keen to ask me questions about life in New Zealand. Both of them had visited Hawaii, and Annie had once visited family in Utah, but neither of them had been anywhere that wasn't part of the USA.

Eventually the three women from inside appeared in the doorway. "We're all heading to bed," said Hilda.

John immediately jumped to his feet and gave Hilda a loving kiss goodnight, so I followed suit. It seemed natural to kiss my wife first, and she responded tenderly. I didn't need reminding that I was expected to kiss Kat as well, but it helped when Helen gave me a very subtle push in Kat's direction. It wasn't a long kiss, but I was still taken aback by the extent to which Kat's body seemed to press against mine.

I still had whisky in my glass, so I sat back down for a while longer. We sat and talked for maybe another ten minutes more before everyone had finished their glass. As we stood up to go inside, I had to ask how to get to my bedroom. "You're in the first on the left past the kitchen," said Ted.

When I opened the bedroom door, Helen was lying in bed reading. "Oh good," she said. "I'm glad you didn't stay up late." When I was safely inside the room, she threw back the sheet to reveal that she was naked. She spread her legs wantonly. I didn't hesitate to strip off my clothes and join her. I lay on top of her and kissed her passionately, pausing every now and then to kiss her neck, shoulders, even going down as far as her nipples.

In our normal lovemaking, it was common for me to give Helen an orgasm before intercourse, either with my fingers or mouth. On the other occasions, I normally still engaged in a lot of finger or mouth stimulation as part of my foreplay to get her ready. Tonight, however, Helen had decided to go ahead with minimal foreplay. She had a bottle of lube ready, and she quickly reached down to coat my erection before guiding me inside. Soon I was gliding in and out of her in a good rhythm, doing my best to stimulate her clit as I bottomed out. Her hands were all over my back and running down to grab my ass cheeks. I was doing my best to hold out so that we could come together, but Helen undid my good intentions by slipping a finger into my ass crack and pressed it against my back door. I was powerless to hold back my climax as I started unloading my fluids inside her. Helen did not voice any disappointment or complain as I rolled off her and quickly finished her with my fingers.