Bill's CMNF Evening

Story Info
A Big Bet Results in a CMNF Evening.
14.8k words
4.63
11.7k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

These events take place after the events in "Taking It Up A Notch"

This story, like a previous one, provides background. Your humble writer begs the indulgence of the reader and hopes that some entertainment may be found along the way.

####

As their Art Appreciation class ended, Denae and Bill left the auditorium together.

"Still on for dinner this evening?" he asked her.

The couple had fallen into the habit of having dinner together Thursday evenings after they both finished work; often at Bill's apartment, sometimes out at a restaurant. She frequently spent the night at his place afterward. Denae usually arrived at Bill's apartment before him because closing time at the boutique where she worked was consistent, and the end of the basketball games he refereed was not.

"Absolutely. And since you bought the fish you're grilling, I can bring salad or whatever you need."

"Thanks, but I've got a bag of salad already. Pre-washed. No hassle. I even have a bottle of wine for you."

"Well, aren't you thoughtful?" she replied. "I'm done with school until I have to go to work. But I know you've got another class."

"Yes. In an hour. Between now and then, I have to do some research at the library. If you're not busy, wanna join me?"

"Why not?"

"I have to warn you, I need to comb through some old magazines, so it means going down into the basement to the Periodicals area."

"Ooo. Sounds romantic," she said, sarcastically.

Bill and Denae walked together to the main campus library. In mid-October, the weather in the North Carolina mountains is still pleasant during the days, but chilly at night. They enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air as they strolled. Once at the library, they made their way down to the Periodicals area. The basement was slightly darker and more cramped than the other areas on the higher floors. There were a few other students milling around some of the aisles, but it was not particularly crowded. Denae followed Bill as he attempted to locate news magazines from 1945.

"This place smells musty from all these old magazines," Denae whispered. "Don't most libraries scan and digitize this stuff?"

"I bet most do," Bill answered, still searching. "But in case you haven't noticed, we don't attend a large university with a massive endowment and lots of funding."

As they walked down one of the dimly lit aisles, Denae grabbed Bill's arm and pulled his hand down to her crotch. "Ever done it in a library?" she asked, as she pressed his fingers against her vagina.

Even though she was wearing yoga pants, Bill could still feel the contours of Denae's vulva and took a breath. "No, I haven't," he whispered. "I'll need to suggest it to my girlfriend one day when we have the time to find an out-of-the-way spot."

Turning into the third aisle he had tried, he seemed to find what he was looking for just a couple of feet off the main, open area. He pulled out a couple of magazines and checked the covers.

"Here we go. 1945," he said as he proudly showed the covers to Denae, who was standing partially in the aisle and partially in the open area.

Bill turned his attention back to the magazines and began thumbing through them. Denae waited silently as he concentrated on his quest and secretly wished she had come up with an excuse to avoid joining him on this errand.

A couple of minutes into his exploration, they heard a male voice from out in the open floor area. "Well. Well. Denae. It's been a while."

As Bill looked up, Denae turned around toward the voice and stepped back, brushing into him. He looked past her and saw a brown-haired male, about their age, wearing clothes typical of the fraternity boys on campus. He was every bit of six feet tall and well-built, as if he regularly worked out. His biceps and pectoral muscles were plainly noticeable through his golf shirt.

Sounding nervous, Denae coolly replied, "Yes."

"So, how've ya been? And who's that with you? Are you going to introduce us?" said the stranger, sounding smug and condescending.

Without turning to look at Bill, Denae cooly said, "Bill, this is Derek."

Derek. The name was instantly recognizable to Bill. He knew that Derek had gone out with Denae before he met her, and he knew that Derek had done something terrible to Denae at a party one night. He did not know what it was, but it left Denae very upset and bruised. And beyond whatever he had done to her that night, he had come to her apartment the next evening and had hit her.

Bill was not supposed to know any of this. He only learned these things because Denae's roommate, Suzy, had just recently shared this with Bill, and she had broken Denae's confidence by telling him.

Derek had moved closer. Denae would have retreated further but had to settle for pressing further against Bill, who had remained in place.

"So, whatcha been up, Denae?" Derek asked.

Bill thought he felt Denae tremble ever so slightly. Though she was not facing him, Bill could tell she was very uncomfortable being around Derek and knew she had good reason to be.

"I've been busy," was her only response.

Bill felt anger welling up inside him. He did not want Derek anywhere near his girlfriend. He put down the magazines he had been shuffling and slid his arm around Denae and gently eased her into switching places with him so that he now stood between Derek and Denae. He did not speak, but only looked at Derek.

Bill was a few inches taller than Derek, but not nearly as stout. And Bill's demeanor did not instill fear in anyone, including Derek.

"So, what's your story, string bean?" Derek asked of Bill.

"I'm Denae's boyfriend," he answered calmly. "And what's your story?"

"Your girlfriend here and I used to go out. So, I thought I would be polite and come over and say 'hello.'"

Denae gently tugged on Bill's arm. He gently pulled away from her grip.

Maintaining eye contact with Derek, Bill said, "I'm not really sure she wants to talk to you. But it's up to her. Denae, do you want to talk to Derek?"

"Who the fuck do you think you are, moron? I'll talk to her if I want."

Calmly, and still looking directly at Derek, Bill asked again, "Denae, do you want to talk to Derek or do you want him to go?"

"Please, can't we just leave?" Denae implored quietly, tugging on his arm again.

"Derek, it doesn't sound like Denae wants to talk to you. So, I guess you should leave now."

"Oh yeah? What if I don't fuckin' leave?" Derek responded, poking Bill firmly in the chest. "What if I stay and talk to your girlfriend?"

Seeing that the tension had quickly escalated into hostility, and secretly fearing for Bill and herself, Denae tugged on Bill again and said, "C'mon, Bill. Let's just get go."

When Denae tugged on Bill, he and she took a step back in unison and Derek moved forward, maintaining the spacing. Bill used one arm to urge Denae to move even further back. He had already worked out in his mind what he would do since Derek was not leaving. Though not perceptible, Bill was seething with rage and was relishing the idea of what was coming. He wanted to draw Derek away from the open area and any potential witnesses, and he wanted Derek to continue to put his hands on him.

Still easing backward, and speaking quietly enough to avoid attracting the attention of others in the area, yet loudly enough for Derek and Denae to hear him, Bill said, "Look, I've got some research I have to do. I really can't leave right now. And since Denae is here with me, she doesn't need to leave. So, it looks like you'll need to leave, Derek."

Derek matched Bill step-for-step further down the aisle, talking and poking with his right hand.

"You know, I've been polite this whole time." Poke.

"I just came over to say 'hi' to a stuck-up bitch I went out with a few times." Poke.

"And you're bowing up on me like you can tell me what to do?" Poke.

They were now midway down the aisle and Derek had continued to place his hand on Bill, making it easily accessible to him. Bill reasoned it was now time to unleash the plan he had worked out in his head a moment ago.

At that last poke of Derek's finger, Bill grabbed Derek's right hand near his thumb and rotated it hard to his left and pulled down with great force. The movement was so sudden, Derek could only bend at the waist and follow his arm downward. Simultaneously, Bill bent his right arm and smashed his elbow into Derek's left temple as hard as he could. The impact dropped Derek to the floor. Bill, without releasing Derek's right hand, stepped to one side and knelt down onto Derek's back and neck, placing his weight over Derek's center of gravity, which he knew would be over his spine at the midpoint of his rib cage. Now down on top of Derek, Bill pulled Derek's right hand around behind him, bending the arm completely and shoving his wrist up toward Derek's neck until it came in contact with Bill's knee.

All of this had happened so quickly, Denae had not processed it in her mind and stood silently, mystified how her boyfriend and her one-time abuser both suddenly came to be down on the floor.

Derek had not yelled or made much noise at all. The blow to his head had disoriented him. Now on the floor and under Bill's weight, he only groaned weakly and struggled to breathe.

Bill leaned down close to Derek's ear. With anger now showing on his face and whispering in a stern tone, Bill said, "Take a second and take a breath. You listen to me, and you listen good. I know who you are and what you are, you piece of fucking garbage. It took everything I had in me to stop myself from smashing your face into the floor over and over again until they would have to identify your body by your fingerprints. If Denae ever lays eyes on you again, I won't stop myself next time. If you see her on campus or at a restaurant or a club or anywhere, you run like hell. Do you understand me? Don't you ever go near her again. If I ever hear that she's seen you after today, I'll finish what we started here. You may not believe that. You may think I'm bluffing. I promise you I'm not. You would be very easy to find. I know what fraternity you're in. Do you hear me?"

Derek only panted and groaned.

"Did you hear me?"

Derek squeaked, "Yes."

"I need to be real sure we're clear. She better not ever see or hear from you again. No phone calls, no texts, no chats, no emails. Nothing. Don't even pass her in a hallway. The rest of the time you're at this school, you better make sure she doesn't know you're on the same planet. Do you understand me?"

"Yes," he squeaked again.

"Good. Now in just a second I'm going to let you up and you'll have a decision to make. You'll need to decide whether you'll leave quietly or whether you'll try to be a bad ass and take a swing at me. I can't make that decision for you. All I can do is recommend that you leave quietly. But, it's really up to you. Choose carefully."

Denae had been watching this entire event silently, shocked at what she was witnessing.

With that, Bill slowly maneuvered Derek's right arm back down from behind him, placed it on the floor and let go of his hand. He then leaned back and took his body weight off Derek and slowly stood up, again placing himself between Derek and Denae. Derek laid on the floor for a few seconds before slowly climbing to his knees, then eventually standing up. He rubbed his shoulder and his wrist and winced. He looked at Bill, then at Denae, then back at Bill. Without saying another word, he turned and walked slowly away. Bill followed Derek to the end of the aisle and watched to make sure he left.

Satisfied the menace was gone, he turned to Denae, who was still standing silently in shock.

"Denae, are you OK?" he asked quietly as he reached his hands out to her. "I'm very sorry you had to see that."

"What did you just do?" she finally whispered as she moved into his arms, burying her face in his chest.

Holding her, she said, "Look. I'm so, so sorry. Are you OK?"

She held him tight and nodded yes.

"Tell you what, let's go get a quick cup of coffee."

She nodded yes again. He released her from the embrace and took her hand in his so they could walk, and they left the Periodicals area together, heading toward the on-campus coffee shop nearby.

At the coffee shop, Bill helped Denae sit at a table and then went to get a couple of coffees. Neither had said much of anything during the short walk from the library. When he returned with a coffee for each of them, he sat down. Denae stared at the cup sitting in front of her.

"Denae, I need to know you are alright," he said gently.

She slowly nodded her head.

"I'm really sorry that happened in front of you."

A few seconds passed in silence before Denae spoke. "I can't believe what just happened."

"I'm very sorry," he repeated.

She finally looked up at him. "Don't be sorry. That just shocked me. I had no idea you could ever do something like that."

"But I am sorry."

She reached her hands out for his. "It's really OK. To tell you the truth, in a sick way, I enjoyed seeing him get owned like that."

"Denae, I would hate to think you were upset with me. Please tell me you're not mad at me."

"Oh no. No. No. It was just...I don't know...shocking. It was real quick."

"I hope I wasn't out of line. I had the feeling you didn't want to talk to him. Was I right?"

"No. I didn't want to talk to him. I had hoped I would never see him again."

"Was he telling the truth? Did the two of you go out?"

Bill already knew this was the case because of what Suzy had told him. He was merely attempting to see if Denae would confide in him. He was also trying to maintain the ruse of not having been privy to the information Suzy had shared.

"Only a couple of times. It was nothing serious. But we left things on bad terms. Really bad terms," she admitted.

"You seemed very upset by him."

"He's not a good person. Something tells me you just made sure I won't have to worry about him anymore. Thank you."

"Denae, as long as you let me be in your life, I'm responsible for your safety. You don't need to thank me. I just want to make sure you're safe. And I want to make sure you're not upset with me."

She shook her head and smiled for the first time since the incident. "No. I'm not upset with you. It was just surprising."

After taking a sip of her coffee, Denae looked at Bill and asked, "What did you mean when you told him 'you knew who he was and what he was?'"

Trying to avoid betraying Suzy, Bill quickly attempted to dismiss Denae's question. "Guys like that. They usually aren't polite to ladies. No manners."

They sat and drank coffee in relative quiet. Bill got no more information from Denae on her history with Derek. Eventually, he had to leave for class. Denae told him she intended to go back to her apartment until it was time to go to work. They confirmed their dinner plans for later in the evening and then left, going their separate ways.

####

When Denae returned to her apartment at about eleven thirty, she found Suzy was there, reclining in the lounge chair watching TV. As she closed the door behind her, she took a second glance and noticed Suzy's feet were bare and she was holding a glass of wine in her hand. Aside from her head, her feet and the wine glass in her hand, the rest of her was obscured by the arm and side of the chair. It was not until she made her way through the kitchen and into the family room that she could see that her roommate was completely naked.

"Suzy. What are you doing?"

Suzy looked up at her. "Binge watching Grey's Anatomy."

"I mean what are you doing drinking wine naked at eleven thirty in the morning?"

"Oh this," she said, looking herself over. "Just relaxing. I read somewhere that taking off all your clothes once in a while is very relaxing. It is. The wine was my idea. It helps too."

Denae sat down on the couch. She was used to her roommate's eccentricities, and she had seen her naked before, but this was different, even for Suzy.

"So? You're just going to sit here naked, drink wine and watch TV until you go to class?"

"Yeah, that's the plan," she casually replied, taking a sip.

"I think I could use a glass of wine myself," Denae said as she got up from the couch. "And I need to tell you about what just happened. You are NOT gonna believe it."

Suzy indicated Denae had piqued her interest. Denae went into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of wine and returned.

"OK. Spill it. What happened?" Suzy inquired.

"I was with Bill at the library and Derek came up to us."

"No shit. Really? Derek saw you and B.C.? What happened?" Suzy demanded, now sitting up and leaning toward Denae, her ample breasts spilling over the arm of the chair. "Did Bill get hurt?"

"Bill almost killed him."

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," Suzy insisted, her eyes bugging out. She pulled the recliner in and sat up, listening intently.

"No. I mean Bill did some things. I don't know. It was all too quick. But all of a sudden Derek was down on the floor and Bill was on top of him. All Derek could do was gasp for air."

Suzy demanded to know all the details. Denae recounted the events as best she could. She told Suzy how Bill had lured Derek into the aisle and pinned him to the floor, causing Derek a lot of pain. She related how Bill had threatened Derek and that Derek left quietly when Bill let him up. When finished, Denae took a long sip of wine.

"Holy shit. B.C. did that? Who knew the Boy Scout was such a badass?" Suzy smiled broadly as she took another swig.

Denae shook her head in disbelief. "I know. The guy looks and acts like he wouldn't hurt a fly."

After a few seconds, Suzy looked over at Denae and said, "D, you do realize he's got it bad for you, right?"

"I think he likes me, but we haven't actually talked about where we are in our relationship. We've just been taking it as it comes."

"Well, lemme tell you, he's crazy about you."

Denae wondered how Suzy would know this and Suzy told her all about the conversation she had had with Bill while he repaired their disposal a couple of weeks prior. She told her roommate how his face lit up at the mere mention of Denae's name and how he had reeled off a list of things he liked about her, including how he noticed that she saw love in places others would never see it.

Denae took a deep breath and another sip of wine, pondering what Suzy had just told her.

"Well, I'm out and need a refill," Suzy said, getting up from the chair, not the least bit reserved about her nudity.

Denae quickly finished her glass and asked Suzy to refill hers as well.

Suzy returned with two full glasses, handing one to Denae, who had turned and was now reclining with her feet on the couch.

"You starting to relax too?" Suzy asked as she handed Denae her drink. "How long 'till you need to be at work?"

Denae checked her watch and told her she had about an hour and a half before she needed to leave. Enough time, she reasoned, to have one more glass and allow her head to clear before work.

Suzy and Denae talked a little more about Bill, their relationship, and the event at the library. Both were still trying to come to terms with the notion that Bill, who had always seemed reserved and gentile, could explode into violence the way he had.

Suzy shook her head and said, "You realize, you could do worse than him."

"You think so?"

"Think about it. He's a really nice guy and he's pretty smart. He's apparently some sort of ass kicker. He's got a huge dick. He licks your pussy like a pro. He can fix stuff. OK, so he doesn't look like a model, but he's not a dog either. And he practically worships you."

Pondering again, Denae drank more wine. After some minutes had passed, Denae looked over at Suzy and blurted out, "Why are you drinking and watching TV naked again?"