All Comments on 'Bindings of the Subjugator Ch. 01'

by GrokTheCaveMan

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
GortmundyGortmundy6 months ago

An excellent start, interesting and very well written. I look forward to more. Curious that paladins allow the abuses of slavery to exist, but perhaps like priest they tend primarily to the dangers to the soul and not the body, and leave such temporal things to the laws of man (or some such excuse anyway). Im eager to see where this goes.

Lobosolo51Lobosolo516 months ago

intriguing start - do continue.

GrokTheCaveManGrokTheCaveMan6 months agoAuthor

Thank you both for your feedback! Chapter 2 has been submitted and should be out relatively soon. Hope you like it!

GortmundyGortmundy6 months ago

Oh, curiousity has made me post a query. This paladin wears twin claymores? Im Scottish, and a claymore is a huge sword (basically its a greatsword, a good bit bigger and heavier than a longsword like say Aragorns Anduril). That's a lot of metal and unless she's built like The Mountain in Game of Thrones she's not swinging two of them about. (Sorry, Im a nerd, cant help it - still a great story though).

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0ws6 months ago

@Gortmundy

re: two claymores, even he wouldn't be big enough, it would take someone over 9 feet tall to use a two-handed sword in each hand.

GrokTheCaveManGrokTheCaveMan6 months agoAuthor

Correct, she's not dual wielding the swords, rather she uses them one at a time depending on the situation, à la Geralt fom the Witcher. Ashefelle is effective against undead and Lightefelle is for fighting demons. They're also both enchanted to be lighter, but not enough to dual wield.

GortmundyGortmundy6 months ago

Love The Witcher. Great games, pretty decent books. Fair nuff then, makes sense. Claymore is a beast of a blade. It's very much, "Oh, I hit. Who cares if it didnt penetrate your mail or plate? I still smashed the bones underneath the armour to splinters." She could quite possibly chop a guy in half with that thing. Can't wait.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous