Bipartisanship and Romance Pt. 01

Story Info
Two members of Congress from different parties fall in love.
5.1k words
4.57
5.9k
13

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/31/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first story ever. I have read a lot of what is on this site. I have had some stories kicking around my head, and I decided, "What the heck, try one." I know it isn't perfect and I hope you will all take it as it is offered. Just a fun, sexy story about interesting people that aren't all that different from you and me. This first one is long, and I will be releasing it in multiple parts. I have at least two for now. I'm sure there will be more. I am putting it in Romance because that's where I think it is going. Thank you for reading. I will take any comments that are sincerely given to heart. Enjoy!

*

Getting shot sucks. Getting shot as part of a mass shooting at a school... Well, let's say that it will change your life for the worse. I was a perfectly ordinary guy not long out of college. I had always loved history. Read, I AM A NERD. I wasn't a total disaster. I had friends. I had girlfriends. I had even had sex. I know, hard to believe but true. I just loved history and thought that I should teach it to others. And so I wound up at a high school in my home state of Ohio. Things were going great. The students like the young hotshot teacher who really talked to them. I liked being the bad boy of the history department. I felt like a made a difference. And then the world exploded.

I don't want to go into all the details. They are too complicated. But some of them are important. The alarms went off, and the lockdown went out over the speakers. Students were screaming. I started throwing things against the door. Loud bangs were going off. Several of the students were helping me. Then a part of the door exploded inward, and my left shoulder went numb, and the world slowed down.

Later, I was told that I dragged two students back from the door as I fell. We had piled enough stuff on the door that the deranged student couldn't get in. Others weren't so lucky. I lost colleagues. I lost friends. The school lost students. Parents lost children. After the pain came and came hard, I started to recover. But I also had changed. I WAS PISSED. Nerdy me began to do research; angry me began to plan to make sure this would never happen again.

I got into politics. The local congressman never did anything. I mean literally. He wasn't on any committees. He hadn't proposed a bill that had passed in 25 years. Worst of all, recently, he hadn't even held a town hall in several years to meet with his constituents. And as nerdy me started to do more research, I learned that he took a lot of money from the gun lobby. Like I said, I was mad. So I started calling around. Local press, radio, anyone who would listen. And then, all of a sudden, they did. I was on TV. I was in the newspaper. And then I was a candidate. Me. A nerdy history teacher was running for congress. I had no real plan other than to talk to people. Tell them what I had been through and the history behind it. Try to connect with them. There was no money. We had a massive uphill battle..... AND IT WORKED!!!! So here I am, Ted Bates, taking the oath of office to be a congressman for the great state of Ohio. Where the hell do I live?!?!?!

"Here is your orientation packet," says Mike Edwards, my chief of staff. The DNC sent him over after I won. I didn't know I needed one, and neither did they until I won.

"Thanks. Where is the part where it talks about housing?" I said, flipping through the manual.

"Huh"

"Living space. Apartment. Home. I can't live in the office when I'm not at home. And with what I get paid, I can't afford D.C. prices. So what do I do?"

"Most congressmen and women are lawyers or businessmen. Few of them are shot in the dark teachers or baristas or taxi drivers like you."

"Oh, so I shouldn't be here!?!?!?"

"No man, just no one expected you to run the most successful grassroots campaign in 30 years!!!! You were amazing, but no one thought you would win. That is why I'm here. When you started to pull ahead in the polls, they asked us who wanted to help, and no one raised their hands. I was an intern and realized what you had going. I knew you had it. So I volunteered, and now we are going to kick ass. The problem is you still don't have an apartment. You need to find one like everyone else."

Fortunately, I wasn't alone. There were several other young congressmen and women in my class that needed a place to shack up. After a few phone calls, I had met Eddie Jones of Pennsylvania. He was a former marine who was representing a district in Philadelphia. And Raj Kahn of Michigan was a local representative who had unseated a long-term politician, just like I had. We thought we would be fine until we heard the prices. We knew we needed another renter.

"Hey, I saw the ad," said a young woman.

"For the apartment? I thought that only went to congressional representatives."

"It did," said the voice. I thought this was impossible. I had sent it out to the entire DNCC list of reps. I hadn't heard back from any women. How was this possible?

"I'm Maddie Crawford from South Carolina. Yes, I'm a Republican, but I need a room. Apparently, you guys have the last good spot in town."

I was taken aback. I wasn't sure it would work until I heard the voice on the other end of the phone say, "Please...."

We held a house meeting. The guys were ok so long as there were rules. We were all single. Eddie was gay. None of this could become a house business. Nobody looked at each other's papers, even those of us from the same party. Maddie agreed. She was legitimately desperate and swore that she wasn't a religious nut, just conservative. She didn't care who we slept with; so long as we all played by the house rules, she was in.

Honestly, things worked out well. Raj and I were good cooks, and we both liked doing it. Eddie was just happy the food was military fare and that he didn't have to cook it. Maddie made sure that the place wasn't filthy and convinced all of us that upside-down boxes weren't furniture. Best of all for me, she was a baseball fan. Sure she liked Atlanta, and I liked Cincinnati, but at least we could talk about it. It kept politics in the office and gave us something to tease each other about.

Work, on the other hand, sucked. Everything you heard about Washington was true. You spent most of your day in a committee meeting talking about a continuing resolution for a bridge in Oregon or a base in Arizona. When you weren't doing that, you were raising money. I made sure that I talked to real people as much as possible, taking advantage of virtual town halls and social media, but still, I felt like a robot. Everybody was so two-faced—friends in the halls, enemies when the cameras were on. I got into trouble early by thinking that I was talking to a Republican who offered to take me to lunch. He told me why he had come to town, and I told him how I wanted to talk about gun reform. He said he understood and thought there was room to maneuver on it. Sure enough, though the next day, the conservative news channel was giddy with the news that Congressman Bates was going to take everyone's guns. I was more careful from then on.

Finally, in September, my chance came. After another shooting in Texas, there was finally a push to do something. A bill made it through committee. It wasn't perfect, but it was something. My party controlled the House so that the bill would make it to the floor. The vote was the next day. Everybody was preparing their floor speeches. I knew I had to make my point.

After what felt like days but was just a few hours, I thought I had it. I only got to talk for one minute, but I had drafted it and had my staff check it at least ten times. They thought it was good, and Mike told me to go home, relax, and get some sleep.

I sat on the couch and turned on the game. It was two west coast teams, but I didn't care. A few innings would help me relax. I heard someone come into the room behind me. It was Maddie.

"I heard someone come down the stairs and thought I would check it out. Mind if I watch with you?" She said. She was wearing an Atlanta shirt, and it came down over what I assumed were shorts.

"Sure thing. Want a beer?" I asked.

"Please."

We sat with a beer watching the game for a few minutes when I looked over and saw she was looking at me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I know tomorrow is important for you. I also know that people will focus a lot on you, with everything that has happened to you. I know we disagree on the issue, but I am worried that tomorrow will be rough for you." Maddie said.

"We have the votes, and after my gaff earlier, I am pretty used to what the media is gonna say."

"I know, but I am just not sure much will change. Our side controls the Senate, and you know that they will never bring it to a vote. That being said, they will wallop you as a socialist coming to take everyone's guns. I'm just worried for you."

Our eyes met, and I could tell that she meant it. She almost looked like she was going to cry.

"Look, they are going to say it anyway. My constituents know who I am and what I think about this. They know I'm not an anti-gun nut. I know there are plenty of reasons to own a variety of guns. I don't think we need assault rifles in the hands of you and me. And I know that many people on your team feel the same but can't say it. I wish we could say what good policy and not just what lobbyists and the loudest guys in media want us to say was."

I looked over just in time to see her lean towards me. Her lips met mine, and I hesitated for just a second. Our lips parted, and our tongues met. I pulled her on top of me. She tasted like strawberry lip gloss and toothpaste. My hands when down her back to the bottom of her shirt. I moved it up slightly and was shocked to feel not shorts but a T-backed thong. I grabbed her ass, and she moaned into my mouth. I moved my lips down to her neck. She ran her hands through my hair and leaned her head down, and ran her tongue around my ear. I was having trouble slowing down. I was about to rip her shirt off when she seemed to realize what we were about to do and moved off of me. We were both breathing hard.

"Sorry," Maddie said. "People don't really talk like that anymore. Also, you guys have been so good to me I just..."

"No, no, I understand. Sorry I got sort of aggressive. I just haven't done that in a while." I said, hoping the bulge in my shorts would go down sometime this millennium. "We should go to bed. It's a big day tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah, your right. And don't be sorry, I was the one that started that. Also, you're a good kisser," she said.

"Thanks," I said as I stood up and went toward the stairs. "You are pretty good yourself. Goodnight."

Breakfast the next morning was tense. I think we were all nervous about the vote, although I am sure that that was not why Maddie could barely look at me. We all headed out to our office in almost silence. My office was nuts. TV networks wanted to talk to the "shot guy" ahead of the gun vote. I also had about ten calls from leadership. The message was clear. I had to run EVERYTHING that I might say in front of a camera past them ahead of time. I understood. I didn't want to become the face of the radical left by accident, again. I decided that I would not even think about going on TV until after the vote was taken. I think the bosses heaved a massive sigh of relief.

"Madam Speaker, I introduce the Gentleman from Ohio, Mr. Bates, to speak for 1 Minute." Said the floor leader.

"So recognized."

I stood and moved to the podium. "I know that I have a unique perspective on all of this. I am the only one in this room that has been on the receiving end of an AR-15. A lot has been said about how I am a radical trying to take all guns away from everyone. I don't hate all guns. But I have seen what this gun can do. We can move against a device that serves no other purpose than to kill people. We are here to do the business of the people. Let us not sensationalize each other. Let us DO THAT BUSINESS. Vote to end the dominance of the AR-15." My colleagues stood and applauded.

It was then that I heard the other floor leader finish saying, "Crawford of South Carolina. For 1 minute."

"So recognized."

I saw her walk to the podium. I didn't care at all what she was about to say. I remembered her warm body. I was feeling that great ass. Holy shit, I was starting to get hard. Then she began to speak, and I was shocked. "My friends, I agree with Mr. Bates. We spend too much time sensationalizing ideas without debating them. We spend far too much time worrying about the soundbite and the tweet. This is not what we were sent here to do. We need to enact laws that help people. That being said. I do not believe that this is such a law. Therefore I will vote no." I couldn't help but smile.

As was expected, we had the votes. When the final tally was announced, there was a brief cheer. However, the senate leader had announced that he would not be bringing the bill to the floor. I knew it was coming, but it still hurt. Raj saw it and put a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, bud. The Vote Blue team has a couple of cases of champagne. Let's get faced. We did the best we could."

"I know," I said, "I just really thought we had close to real change."

"Hey man," Raj said, "you just got a vote on the floor of the House over a gun issue. IN AMERICA! We are changing the world. We just aren't going to change it tomorrow. Now let's go drink champagne and meet some wide-eyed interns!!!"

Later that night as I dragged Raj through the door and poured him into his bed. The party has been a blast. The whole party leadership was there. They knew it was dead in the Senate, but they also knew that the country's mood was changing and that we had forced the other side to take a position. They were also happy with me for not making myself an obvious target. I tried to get to the party, but it just wasn't for me. I hung with Raj and Eddie and laughed and glad-handed, but my heart wasn't in it. Eddie announced that he was heading out. First, he had someone to meet up with. Raj and I made it till about ten before we discovered Raj's limit on the bubbly.

After putting Raj down, I headed to the kitchen. Maddie was sitting on a stool reading a report. "I see that the Gentleman from Michigan had a good time," she said.

"He thinks today was great. He cut loose."

"Well, you guys got your vote. I am sorry about the Senate. Not because I want this thing law, but I really did mean it when I said we should debate big issues seriously," she said.

"That was a great speech. I wish I had given it myself," I responded, "minus the part about voting, no, of course."

There was a long pause, and we stared at each other. I started to speak, "So about last..."

"Oh, thank god I was worried we were really going to pretend that didn't happen!" she said.

"Yeah, so, um, I didn't know what to say. I mean, I liked it, and I like you. I didn't know what you thought." God, I sounded like an idiot. But that didn't seem to matter. She stood up and moved against me. She was in an Atlanta shirt again, but this time a pair of PJ pants. I was still in my suit with an undone tie. She reached up for my face, and our lips met. Again I could taste the strawberry lip gloss. I put my arms around her again and felt her warmth. Our bodies rubbed together. She pulled back and breathlessly said, "Upstairs." It wasn't a question.

My room was the first one at the top of the steps, and she pushed my body through the door. My coat hit the floor seconds later. She pulled her shirt over her head, and I could see a lacy red bra. I grabbed her and kissed her again. Her hands began to work on my shirt as I kicked my shoes off. By the time she got to my belt, I had her pants down, and my hands were on that great ass and thong again. It was red like the bra. I was hard as a rock. She moaned into my mouth, and I was galvanized into action. I reached for the clasp of the bra and felt it give. Her warm breast pressed against my chest. I reached down and touched one in my hand. I tilted my head down and took the nipple into my mouth, and again heard her moan. She was running one hand through my hair and was running the other over the mound in my boxers. She pulled my head back up and kissed me again, and our tongues danced together. She pushed down, and I felt her warm hand on my cock.

"Oh my," she moaned in and southern accent. "So hard for me."

"Hell yes. I got hard on the floor as I saw that perfect ass walk to the podium today. I was glad I wasn't standing up. Ahhhh," I cried as she began to stroke me.

"God, I was distracted too after I felt you last night," she said, "I have been thinking about you all day." With that, she went to her knees. She rubbed precum around the tip of my cock. "So hard," she cooed as she stroked it, "is this all for me?"

"Oh my God, Maddie," I growled, "it's all for you!!!" With that, she took me into her mouth. She ran her tongue around the head. I put my hands in her auburn hair as she began to take me deeper. "Ffffffuuuucccckkkkk," I whimpered as she began to bob her head on my cock. Her hands moved to my ass, and she began to pull my hips forward. I knew I wasn't going to last long.

"Maddie, I need to fuck you right now." I slid back and reached down to help her up. She still had on the red thong. She was giggling at my urgency, and it was making my blood boil.

"Oh, Congressman, is this the way you treat your constituents??" her sweet southern belle voice said. "My, oh, my, what will the ethics committee say?!?!?!"

I flipped her back onto the bed. At that point, I reached down and unceremoniously ripped her red thong clean off. I heard her gasp, but I was now possessed. Her pussy was bare except for a little patch of hair just above her clit. It was almost a perfect triangle. Not what I would have guessed for a conservative Republican, but neither was the thong, and I didn't dwell on it. My head immediately went between her legs. I could feel the heat coming off of her.

"Oh Ted, I thought you were going to fuck me," she sighed.

"Patients Congresswoman Crawford, this left-wing socialist needs to give back what was given him." At that, I ran my tongue just around her pussy. Completing my circle, I went in for the kill. I liked up her wet lips before I reached her clit. Another circle around that, and then I began to lap up her sweet pussy. Her hands were in my hair, and she was writhing underneath me.

When I found her clit again, I heard her cry, "RIGHT THERE, RIGHT THERE, RIGHT THERE." I didn't need to be told twice.

I focused on her clit. I sucked it into my mouth and circled it with my tongue. I reached down and ran a finger just between her lips. I added a second and then began to work them into her wetness. I had never felt a pussy that wet before. Maddie was almost incoherent and had grabbed a pillow and thrown it over her face. I knew she was close. I feasted on her clit.

"I'm cumming. Oh FUCK I'M CUMMING," she cried into the pillow. I felt her pussy clamp down on my fingers, and she pushed my face even harder into her. I just rode it out, licking and fingering her until she came down.

"Fuck me," she panted. "Get up here and fuck me. NOW."

I moved up her body, stopping only to suck on each nipple. She didn't hesitate to kiss me with her juices all over my face. I rubbed my cock up her slit getting it ready to slip into her. Knowing how wet she was, I wasn't worried about it too much, but I couldn't help one less torture.

"Now, Ted, get in me now," she whispered.

I kissed her and slid into her with a moan from both of us. She was so warm and wet and tight. She immediately wrapped her legs around me, and I began to pump in and out of her.

"Maddie," it was all my mind could form.

"Yes, Ted, yes. Harder keep going. You don't have to be gentle."

12