All Comments on 'Birthday Money'

by M_Calum

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story.

Frankenstein1962Frankenstein1962over 1 year ago

I loved this story. Thanks for sharing. Cheers. Frankie

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good , long ending I suspected , but in reality it should have won the fight . he had an early advantage , in a real fight you keep going until the other guy is down .

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

Strong start but weak finish. The MC character is stagnant. He didn’t grow or even change. He’s 51 and still chasing teen girls. Cassie could see that and she’s moved on, just like the MC’s ex-wife. Play around you lose your wife. Play too long, you lose your life. (Good Time Charley’s Got the Blues.)

Still, I gave it a 4 for generally good writing and readability. Waste/waist swap is a classic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Been their , done that, loved lt

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"'I'm cheating on my wife. I'm planning to cheat again, aren't I? Is it cheating every time I fuck Cassy or does the whole thing count as one big cheat? "

Well, when women cheat whether its 1 time, 1 month, 6 months or several years they always say it was just "a" mistake so the same should hold for men as well.

Also, Jack's wife was dressing up way to nice and sexy for a weekly book club meeting Also, he mentioned she usually came home drunk after her book club meetings. My guess is that Jack's wife been cheating on him for some time. She gets all self righteous when she confronts him and tell him he so obvious. Well, she should know since women are much better lairs and are able to hide their affairs much better then men.

Jack's just decided he was getting off the hamster wheel. He worked hard and played it straight all these years and what did he have to show for it. A wife that was more like a stranger in his house than a faithful partner who actually cared for him. Jacks' wife didn't loved him for who he is but rather just kept him around for the security and emotional and material fulfillment he provided. He wife squeezed him for all he was worth and then just cast him aside and told him to get out of the house. No offer of forgiveness and reconciliation. No second chances like women demand when they get caught cheating.

A far as the younger 20 something women Jack was pursuing, at least they come with little to no baggage and they still like to fuck and thought Jack was a skilled lover. When you just get out of a 30 plus year relationship who in the right mind wants to jump right back into another one. Been there, done that and still have the shitty tee-shirt. Why not just enjoy life for a while and breathe. No fuss, no drama.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601over 1 year ago

Tennesseered, I disagree. He is moving forward. Everything else in his new life has changed. Just because he’d like to dip his wick into something young only proves he’s still alive. Besides, lightning seldom strikes.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

DazzyDDazzyDover 1 year ago

Languishing in lethargy. 5

geg0714geg0714over 1 year ago

Great story, would love to see a continuation with Harmony and maybe Cassy coming back.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sad ending. I agree with prior comment suggesting sequel with Harmony and a re-emergence with Casey.

Enjoy your writings.

G

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous