Bittersweet Irish Cream Ch. 16

Story Info
A familiar face reappears. Is she a friend or foe?
11.6k words
4.87
2.5k
3

Part 16 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 03/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kabba118
Kabba118
321 Followers

I took a short hiatus for the last year writing other stories but as usual, these two amazing humans always draw me back in.

So Jack and Ethan's love story continues. Chapters 1-7 was Part 1, Chapters 8-11 was Part 2, Chapters 12-15 was Part 3 and here is Part 4, Chapters 16-20. You do not need to go back and read the previous chapters (but why wouldn't you? It's Jack and Ethan!). I continue to think about them, dream about them, as if they are old friends of mine. It's just something about the way they love each other that makes me happy. I hope they continue to make you happy too. :)

This is about a five year jump from where we left them. Please continue to vote and comment, let me know how you feel about their story.

--KK (Eskay)

~~~~~~~

Stacy, who does not typically work nights anymore, happened to be at the front desk covering Livy's shift that Halloween when a tall, busty, very pregnant blonde woman walked in.

Stacy smiled at her. "Welcome to Inn Love at the B&B. How may I help you this evening?"

"Hey chicky, where's Ethan?" she asked with a strong New York accent.

Stacy did not like being called "chicky." But she carried on and said, "I'm sorry but Mr. Starling is unavailable right now. Is there something I can help you with? I am the General Manager, Stacy Ferguson-Sokalski."

"You can help me by getting Ethan," the woman said with an attitude. "Where is he?"

"He's not currently on the premises, I'm sorry."

She blew out air exasperatedly. "I called his cell like a million times on my way here and he didn't pick up. And I don't have Jack's number because that little fucker doesn't like me so I don't have any other way to get in contact with him. I need Ethan here. Now. Go get him!" She waved her hands at Stacy to shoo her along.

Stacy also did not like being waved at like an annoying fly. She said curtly, "I'm sorry ma'am, but Mr. Starling is unavailable. Maybe try him tomorrow."

The blonde scoffed. "Or maybe I'll just park my fat ass right here in your lobby until someone does their goddamn job around here and find Ethan!" she yelled at her.

Two guests that happened to be in the dining area looked up at the commotion. Stacy, always the professional, stayed calm. She picked up the phone and dialed Ethan's cell number. It rang a few times then went to voicemail.

"He's not picking up," she said to the woman.

"Didn't I just tell you that!?" she said nastily. "Just tell me where he is and I'll just go to him."

Stacy knew exactly where Ethan and his family were, but there was no way she was going to divulge that information to this nasty woman. Instead she picked up the phone and called Jack's cell number. He answered immediately.

"Hey Stacy," he said loudly over the yell of children behind him.

She turned her back to the front desk and spoke in a low tone. "Jack. There's a woman here demanding to see Ethan."

Jack was confused. "Who? What's her name?"

Stacy turned back around and said, "I'm sorry I did not catch your name."

The woman smiled and said, "Mrs. Starling."

Jack heard her voice and grimaced. Stacy resisted the urge to roll her eyes and said into the phone, "She said her name is-"

"Put Trish on the phone, Stace." Jack told her, cutting her off.

"Um...okay." Stacy turned around and handed the phone to the pregnant woman.

Ethan's ex-wife smiled and said sarcastically into the phone, "Is this the new Mrs. Starling?"

"What the fuck do you want, Trish?" Jack said calmly.

"I need to talk to Ethan."

"Which Ethan?" Jack asked knowingly.

"Don't go there. I said Ethan not EJ."

"So you don't want to talk to your son?"

"Could you just put Ethan on the phone?" Trish gritted through her teeth.

"No. The fuck do you want, Trish?"

Trish groaned. Then sighed. She knew that Jack would not let her anywhere near Ethan or EJ if she didn't begin to play nice. "Okay, listen. I know you and I aren't the best of friends-"

"Understatement. Go on."

She bit her tongue and continued. "But I am having a bit of a crisis and the only person I can trust to help me right now is Ethan. I'm not coming to cause any problems-"

"Or see your son," he interrupted, reminding her of why they aren't the "best of friends" as she called it.

Trish sighed again, roughly this time. "I do want to see EJ, okay? I want to see EJ too but I need to talk to Ethan. It's an emergency."

"What's the emergency?"

She rolled her eyes and told him, "I'm a little pregnant and I need his help."

Jack's mouth dropped. "You can't be fucking serious."

"Well I am! So can you please-"

"We're not taking your baby, Trish. We're already raising one of your offsprings."

"Fuck you Jack, who said anything about you taking my baby!? Just put Ethan on the goddamn phone!" she yelled angrily.

"No."

Trish started to yell and whine, "Oooooh my gwaaaad!! Please Jack please please please put Ethan on the phone just put him on the phone put Ethan on the fucking phone please please please Jack please-"

"Fuck!" Jack yelled. "Hold on!"

~~~

Jamel nursed his drink and said, "I told him this was going to be bad."

He gave Ethan a look who chuckled. Ethan and Jamel watched Jack and Connor from the kitchen island, highly amused at how their husbands were managing the twelve or so kids at the Halloween party at Jamel and Connor's house.

Between Ethan and Jack's three children, Connor's niece and nephew, Afia and her husband Tyrell dropping their two kids and niece off so that Afia could have some quiet time with her newborn son, and Jamel's other brothers Donny and Lavell dropping off their three as well, it was a bit of a madhouse. Aging from as young as 1 to as old as 15, the two friends tried their best to keep everyone engaged, but the room was obviously splintered by their age groups.

Ethan Junior, called EJ, with Imani, Freddie and Kim, all age 11, huddled near the candy bucket picking out the "good" candy and leaving the rest to the younger ones. The 5-year-olds, Ethan's girls, Jackie Chris and Susie, along with Takeya, Afia's oldest daughter, were being expertly bossed around by 8-year-old Ashanti as they played Who Has The Prettiest Costume.

DJ, Donell's son and Vienna, Lavell's daughter at ages 5 and 4 respectively, were quietly playing a game of Connect Four while Xiomara, Lavell's other daughter at 1-years-old and Afia's other daughter Tenille at 2, had climbed the chairs and were sitting on the dining room table eating all the snacks unattended. Deann, Connor's 15-year-old niece, was supposed to be watching the youngest ones but she was busy on her phone with her feet up.

Ethan shrugged. "The kids are getting too old for Halloween parties. Next year the Four Musketeers aren't even going to want to do this, because they're going to be 12 and not want to be with the 6-year-olds."

Jamel said, "Well this is the closest Connor gets to wanting kids, being the best Uncle ever, so if we stop doing these parties, he's just going to find another way to have kids over here all the time."

Ethan smiled at his friend. "Or you could just adopt."

Jamel smiled back knowingly. "You know that's not going to happen."

Ethan shook his head. "One day it's going to come out and it's not gonna be pretty."

"What's going to come out?"

"The fact that you want kids and he doesn't."

Jamel shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm good with us not having kids of our own. We have more than enough kids around us."

Ethan looked at him unconvinced. "Yea, okay. In the meantime, just enjoy being a married man for a while."

He nudged him with his elbow, making Jamel smile. Jamel and Connor got married in a courthouse in Providence just a few weeks ago on a whim. "How does it feel?" Ethan asked.

"You know," Jamel started, "It's not something I ever really wanted or needed to do. But I have to admit it feels damn good to call him my husband."

Mel watched Connor, who had finally noticed that his niece was no help, lift both toddlers off the dining room table and carry them to the couch. He looked down at his tattooed wedding ring and rubbed it with his other thumb, then finally looked up to see Ethan's smiling face.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just happy for you, man." Ethan raised his glass and Jamel raised his own. They toasted and drank.

Suddenly a fight broke out between JC and Ashanti, who apparently did not like Ashanti's ruling that girls can't be Spiderman and therefore her outfit was disqualified. So their daughter took a swing at Afia's older niece. Jack moved quickly and scooped her up before she swung again, saying, "No Jackie, we don't use our fists to solve problems," and carried her to the corner. Susie dutifully followed her father and sister.

Ashanti came over to the two men at the island. "Uncle Mel, these kids are crazy." She shook her head in disapproval at JC's behavior.

Jamel smiled. "Or, you need to learn to be nicer to the girls that are younger than you and not be so bossy."

She was shocked at his assessment. "It's not my fault girls can't be Spiderman. I didn't make the rules."

Ethan laughed. "You kinda did though, kid."

EJ and Freddie walked over. EJ, obviously the ringleader, told them, "Hey Dad, we're going Trick-or-Treating. We'll be back in an hour or so."

"Hold up, who said you can go Trick-or-Treating right now?" Ethan asked.

Freddie answered, "Uncle Connor said we can do what we want."

"Your Uncle Connor is an idiot," Ethan told him. He turned to his son. "You and Freddie already went Trick-or-Treating earlier today, after school. You don't need to go out again."

"What's the big deal?" EJ said confrontationally. "We went in our area and now we want to go in this area."

"The big deal is, since when do we let you run the streets at 8 o'clock at night unsupervised on a school night?"

"I'm not gonna be alone, Kim and Imani are going with us."

"You'll still need supervision, EJ."

"I'm not a baby," EJ said hotly.

"Watch your tone, kid, or you won't be going anywhere all week," Ethan threatened him.

"Ugh, why are you like this!?" EJ yelled and walked away before his father could respond with Freddie sheepishly walking behind him.

Ethan's eyes narrowed. He said to Jamel, "I swear one day I'm going to accidentally forget myself and knock that kid's teeth out."

Jamel chuckled. "You would never put your hands on him." Ethan scoffed. "And anyway, you know you're not in the Bronx anymore, right?" Ethan's narrowed eyes turned to his friend, making Jamel chuckle again. "I'm just saying. The neighborhood is safe but I hear your concerns. You want me to take them? Just around the block and back. The dogs need to be walked so it will be their chore."

Ethan relented. "Fine. They need something to do anyway. When you come back we're going to head out."

"Cool," Jamel responded. They gave each other a dap and Jamel walked over to the Four Musketeers to gather them and head out.

Ethan stood against the island and took another sip of his drink. He watched Jack mediate between JC and Ashanti, then had them sit at the table to put makeup on their faces with the other girls, allowing them to put makeup on him as well. His handsome husband had the same messy jet black hair, striking green eyes and the dimpled smile that continued to make his stomach do a butterfly flip.

Jack at 32 still looked as beautiful as he did at 23 when they first met, still a fit body and sex appeal. He found a gray hair yesterday and freaked out a bit, making Ethan laugh. Ethan, who turned 36 a few days ago and had a few hairs here and there, told him, "It's about time you joined the rest of us parents going gray!"

They had been married for seven years just last month, together for nine, and Ethan was happy. His son EJ, who is surprisingly more like Jack in personality than himself, was still the best thing that could ever have happened to him.

A one night stand with a female friend while under the influence turned out to be the push he needed to get his shit together so he can be the single father his son needed him to be. EJ brought Jack into his life, being the cute toddler he was that Jack was instantly drawn to, and their relationship grew out of it.

After they got married they adopted Jacqueline Christina as an infant. He felt their life was complete but then two years ago his brother AJ began an adoption from South Korea, his wife Rebecca's ethnic country of origin. They had two biological boys but Becky really wanted to adopt a girl so they started the paperwork and were matched with a six year old girl, Mai Lin.

A few months after the official match approval, AJ and Becky found out that she had a two and a half year old sister, Su En, who had became eligible for adoption. They debated on whether they should delay the adoption of Mai Lin until they were able to adopt both girls together, knowing it would take another few years. But Jack said, "We can adopt her."

Ethan thought he was joking, then he thought he was crazy. JC had just turned three and they hadn't discussed the possibility of adopting again so soon. But Jack convinced him that Mai Lin's adoption shouldn't be stalled because she was older and needed to be with her adoptive family now. But if they started the process right away, the siblings would be home within a year of each other, rather than over two years of waiting.

And after a week of going through the pros and cons, Jack and Ethan put in the paperwork. A year later, they had two 3-year-old toddlers and a 9 year old boy running their lives. They agreed pretty quickly that their hands were full and their family was complete.

Jack was an amazing husband and father. And being with Jack had taught Ethan so much about himself and being a family man. Jack made it clear a long time ago that their relationship and their family needed to be the priority over work, and Ethan held up his end with pride. Being a husband, father and provider for his family was all he ever wanted in this life.

Ethan watched Sue add pink lipstick to Jack's already pink lips and smiled. His heart continued to be full of love for him. He thought this as he watched Jack pick up his phone and answer a call. Ethan tapped his pocket and realized he left his phone in the car. When he looked back up, Jack had moved to the corner of the room and seemed to be in an intense conversation.

Ethan was even more curious when he heard Jack curse, turn around and approach him. Jack tried to hand him the phone. "Trish. She's at the Inn."

Ethan's mouth opened in shock and didn't take it. They had not heard from Trish in almost two years, when she was supposed to come to EJ's 10th birthday party. EJ was so disappointed because they had begun to develop a relationship, talking often on the phone with his mother for the few months leading up to his big day.

During the party EJ seemed to have a good time but later confessed to his dads how sad he was that his mother didn't show up and ended up crying himself to sleep. Jack lost his temper and called her that night to yell at her, saying to either be in her son's life or stay the fuck away forever. They haven't heard from her since.

"What does she want?" Ethan asked quietly. Jack just shook his head, and reached the phone out to him again. Ethan sighed and took it from him.

"Trish."

"Hey EB," Trish purred.

"Don't call me that," Ethan said. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we talk? Face to face? I really need to talk to you. I need your help with something."

"Don't you think you should talk to EJ first?"

"Yes, I do want to talk to him. I came here to see him and talk to you at the same time. Didn't Jack tell you that?"

"Well I'm busy right now so it has to be tomorrow."

"No EB... I mean Ethan. Tonight. Please? Time is of the essence. I'm pregnant."

He scoffed and looked at Jack dumbfounded. "I'm not taking your baby, Trish."

"Fuck, what is wrong with you two? You had one incident and you think all single runaway girls wanna drop their babies off with you!? I don't want you to take my baby, Ethan! I want you to be there for the labor! I don't have anyone else!"

"What the fuck, Trish!?" Ethan said loudly.

"Ethan," Jack said quietly as everyone looked over at him, including his two girls.

"Daddy you're cursing so you have to put money in the cursing jar!" JC yelled.

"Can we please just talk, face to face? Now? I will come to where you are, just give me the address. Please?" Trish begged.

"I don't have the patience for this," Ethan said, more to Jack than to Trish on the phone.

"Just let her come over here," Jack said. "Because, honestly, I don't want her in my home."

"I just want to talk, okay? Let me spend some time with EJ, then you and I can talk afterwards," Trish pleaded. "Okay?"

Ethan's head was spinning. He looked over at Connor who was on the couch pretending that he wasn't listening. "Is it okay if my ex-wife stops by?"

"Huh? Oh, sure man," Connor said coolly. "Mi casa es su casa."

"Gracias," Ethan said sarcastically, making Connor giggle. He said into the phone, "I'm about 15 minutes outside of town. West Warwick." He gave her the address.

"I'll be right there!" Trish said happily and hung up.

Ethan held the phone a bit longer then handed it back to him. Jack's sour look on his face mirrored his own. Ethan said, "We can't both be ready to snap, Jack. One of us has to be the mature one here. Who's it gonna be?"

Jack was thoughtful. "The thing is, we have no idea how EJ is going to react seeing Trish here. He could be happy, he could be sad or he could flip out. So I think we both need to be calm and reserve EJ the right to react any way he wants to."

Ethan agreed with a nod. Jack took the glass from Ethan's hand and finished the rest of his drink in one gulp. The whiskey bourbon burned a little going down his throat. "Hey, you're driving remember?" Ethan reminded him.

"Yea, I just needed to do that," Jack said. He sighed loudly, put a smile on his face and went back to playing in makeup with his girls.

The bell rang 20 minutes later and Connor went to go answer it. Trish walked in wearing a tight maternity V-neck shirt, tight jeans and heels. She smiled at Connor. "You're cuuuuute!" Then she frowned. "Are you gay too, though?"

Connor smiled and said, "Very. I'm Connor. Come in." He opened the door wider and led her inside.

She saw Jack first, who slowly stood up, glaring at her. "Mrs. Starling, aren't you looking beautiful," she teased him. Jack had pink lipstick, blush and hearts drawn on his cheeks.

Jack didn't respond, instead pointed toward the island where Ethan was standing. Jack tried over the years not to hate her, but it was hard not to dislike someone who brought such chaos everywhere she went, chaos that ended up hurting the people he loved the most.

She smiled and went to Ethan happily, giving him a hug. He reluctantly gave her one back, aware that his oldest daughter, who had met Trish before, was carefully watching him.

"How are you doing, Trish? Still clean?"

"Yes Ethan, I'm still clean. Three years this past August," she told him.

"Good. I'm really glad to hear that," he told her sincerely. He looked down at her belly and asked, "So who knocked you up this time? Another gay man?"

She grinned at him. Before she could answer, the door opened and the kids came in excited from their Trick-or-Treating. EJ saw Jack first. "Pop! They give out full candy bars over here! I scored three Kit Kats, two Snickers and-"

His eyes spotted Trish and he immediately frowned. Trish put on a bright smile and squealed, "EJ! I've missed you!"

She hobbled over to him, bent down and hugged his neck. EJ, still holding onto his bag of candy, did not hug her back. Instead he glared at his biological father as his friends passed him by to sit at the table. I'm sorry, Ethan mouthed to his son.

Kabba118
Kabba118
321 Followers