All Comments on 'Black Lotus'

by PeytonMirabelle

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
norafaresnorafaresalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic story. Extremely entertaining with great, well-rounded characters.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyalmost 3 years ago

I wasn't a Magic player, it was D&D for me. I started with the 1st addition back in 1982... Red Box... Geek pride! Great story. 5 🌟

chastenchastenalmost 3 years ago

Even though I know nothing about the game, it was still an enjoyable story, which says it all.

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33almost 3 years ago

1 - realistic, flawed characters. You could tell Tia's anger would boomerang back on them, but I definitley didn't expect it to happen in THAT manner. Nice supporting cast as well.

2 - definitely geeky! If anything it made me want to go dig out my old "Magic" cards. I ran a black/white deck during the mid/late '90s.

3 - I once saw two people get into a fistfight over a Black Lotus, so the premise of this story isn't too far off.

4 - you have a knack for making the buildup and anticipation to sex just as important, if not moreso, than the sex scene itself.

Another great story and an awesome addition to the Geek Pride Event!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Similar to JaceyTrey, it was AD&D for me from 1981 rather than Magic but I 've read some Magic stories on another site and could feel the geek goodness. Very enjoyable story with characters I really liked and those I disliked. Great job bringing them to life. 5*

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 3 years ago

Great job! This was a thoroughly enjoyable reading experience. Loved the characters and the entire storyline. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraalmost 3 years ago

Great story!! Love the detail and characters :)

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Brilliant

Very well-written, very engaging, and a very satisfying ending. As many stars as an expert magician can conjure up! :)

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justicealmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story. Reminded me of my time hanging around in game stores and seeing friends sell their Warhammer minis or book collections to scrounge up money for Magic cards. Me? I stick to D&D - just bought the fifth edition core books, to see if they rolled back that 4e MMO insanity (which they seemingly have)

Anyway, thanks for the story. Great characters and a rich, detailed style which made this a joy to read.

Wolfden999Wolfden999almost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable story. Didn't understand all the cards, but it did not matter. The characters were believable and enjoyable.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, Peyton. I look forward to reading your next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I guess I was a geek also but in a WHOLE different generation. When I was growing up the "games" were board games. I was the geek that spent all my time reading books (allergies and living in the country in farm country limits activities). I went through a lot of books before I discovered girls. Back then we only had 3 tv channels and rotary dial phones! I enjoyed your story even if the games left me lost. This is the second of your stories that I've read, doubt it will be my last. Thank you for your story!

somewhere east of Omaha

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 3 years ago
If I could go lower than one I would

Taking that bitch back after she drove a dagger in his heart like that was the killer for me. She went out of her way to hurt him in the worst way possible over a kiss, no discussion, no attempt to hear his side. Fuck that and fuck her.

Bh76Bh76almost 3 years ago

You ruined a sweet love story by turning her into a sick woman who is so spiteful, she becomes a prostitute for game cards to hurt her supposed love. I don’t think I’ve ever read a romance where I rooted against them getting back together before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am sort of with mordbrand on this one. She was very immature and had anger management issues. It wasn't like she ghosted the guy. She instead willingly gave a blow job to a creep that her now ex boyfriend hated. She had everyone go out of their way to get her to face off with him so publicly he would know what she did the second he saw that black lotus card. She admitted she wanted to HURT him and she did. Had she "kissed" Joel like she saw him kiss susan then I guess they are even. But she gave the guy a blow job! So even if he can get over the blow job how do you trust her in the future the next time something pisses her off?

I possibly could take her back but until after I am certain she has her anger issue and need for revenge addressed AND I would get together with one of the girls that had been hitting on me. Let Tia suffer a bit and see how she handles that.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 3 years ago

Fun story!

Truly geeky storyline, seriously flawed characters, expertly written... DAMN FINE JOB!!!

Thanks for the story!

Killian

linnearlinnearalmost 3 years ago
A Wonderful Read

That was an excellent story and very entertaining. I look forward to reading more of your work.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 3 years ago

Damn. Mixed feelings here.

Your writing excellent. really like the style and the initial premise of the Story.

How it progressed and developed and the Climax the cheating, NO.

I have to agree with anonymous and mordbrand on some points.

That was not a lapse of Judgement on her part, it was downright evil.

She knew if she did that it would hurt him beyond measures. She planned and did it.

I don't have an issue with that per se.

Rather about, how easily she came away with it.

Some crocodile tears and say she was sorry and that was it?

not hearing him out not, talking to each other etc. etc. but claim to love him soo much? yea Naah idk

I don't know where it went from there because that's where the "present" ends and u fast forward 15years.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Turned her into a sicko with anger management issues, then the fool decided to take her back ? Hell no.

Sxualchocol8Sxualchocol8almost 3 years ago

Hey PM, as a native Tucsonan, I was tickled punk to see familiar landmarks on Lit. With every street name, I tried to imagine what store you were referring to.

As for the ppl who complained about Dan taking Tia back...stupid things happen and love makes some folks do even stupider (as that a word?) things. Haters will hate, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Good story, even better location!

Thanks!

Sc8

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 3 years ago

I agree with BH76

1 star

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 3 years ago

Some of the most emotional honesty on this site!

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I disagree with the decision to get back together after such a vicious betrayal, but that doesn’t take away from the story. The way you describe the raw emotion of both of them as she takes her turn is outstanding.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

Cheating is rarely black and white and you managed to capture the shades of grey beautifully.

Davester37Davester37almost 3 years ago

You’ve given me a glimpse into a world that I know nothing about. It was fun! You write well, and the characters are well developed, complex, and likable.

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

LunaScarletLunaScarletalmost 3 years ago
Great story as always!

I love that your characters are real people with struggles and flaws! I agree with other commenters, if I were Danny I would have run far away as soon as Tia admitted to cheating! I'm aware that they are probably impulsive teenagers but the way she reacted was unforgivable. Still loved it though. I'll never understood those who give a low score just because they don't like the ending...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well witten. Emotions and characters so real. My gut wrenched as many times as my groin was teased. Well done.

NICHOLXNICHOLXalmost 3 years ago

Everything was so vividly depicted that reading this was like watching a movie. Beautifully done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The ending ruined the whole story for me tbh, she immediately runs to his worst enemy and sucks him off for MAGIIIIC CARDS, and he just I stantly forgives her. I know cheap hookers with more class.

Was good up until that point. Bummer

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggiealmost 3 years ago

I’d have scored it higher, but I have no clue what this game is.

JAF1953JAF1953over 2 years ago

I don't think my love for her would have survived my loss of respect for her. I might have forgiven her, but continue to love her? No.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was 4 - 5 until the end. Can't take her back, that makes it a 1 or 2. If she won't talk to him, then he can't take her back - period.

AristotleWellsAristotleWellsover 2 years ago

I was young and sure I knew all the answers once. I’m old now so perhaps I just value happiness and understand forgiveness more than I once did. Yeah, I would have kicked Joel’s arse and forgiven her too. Nice story and much enjoyed. Now I’ll have to go and read the rest of your catalog.

You certainly are a nerd Lady, not that that’s a bad thing of course 😝

A.W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He shouldn't have taken her back, she cheated on him with the worst possible person. That is why she wasn't worth forgiving. Anyone else it would have been a different answer but not the rich asshole who has been tormenting Danny the entire time. Well written I just don't agree with the ending. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very disappointing, juvenile?

couldn't finish.

not into silly games or comics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tia was a puta!! He should not take her whoring ass back!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh hell no, the pussywhipped cuck takes back the skank!!! TRAILER PARK TRASH

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Nope. Weak beta male orbiters aren't my thing. She sucked the other guy's cock for fucks sake...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She sucks another guys cock to give him pain(knew she was cheating)and for some underhanded card dealing to give him more pain.

No, just no, cute rationales are pathetic.

The guy she blew was also his enemy.

No.

He wasn't portrayed as abysmally stupid (until then)which is what you have to be to put your emotional future in her hands.

EVLoverEVLover6 months ago

As a man with his own anger management issues, I’ve done lots of stuff over the years that I’m not proud of. Over the last 30 years, I’ve done my best to face my underlying demons and deal with them in a good way. As such, I’m in a much better place today. I’m grateful that my wife of nearly 50 years has stuck with me throughout and forgiven me on multiple occasions. I’m grateful that she choose to recognize, love, and cherish the fundamentally good parts in me rather see only see my anger-fueled actions.

With that background, I have some understanding of Tia’s actions. I was impressed that she finally acknowledged her anger issues and started to work with a school counselor. I also have some empathy for taking her back and giving her a second chance.

If one can believe the Epilogue, their relationship eventually healed and their relationship has thrived for over 15 years. While no guarantees, there’s a good chance they’ll also make it to 50 years.

I liked the story…despite knowing little of the Magic game or its tournament culture. The characters were well developed while the emotions were raw and real. 5*****

MaverickXMaverickXabout 2 months ago

I've read this a few times over the Years, it's been in my favorites since I first read it. I do like it obviously, and I swear I commented before but I don't see it. But man everytime I read it it still bothers me they get back together. Idc if some people want to use the technicality that they "weren't together", the way I see it is if I know for a fact I've done nothing wrong and you don't allow me to explain or allow us to talk it out, whether it be out of anger or self consciousness or jealousy or whatever and you go and hook up with someone else it's over. In my mind my feelings are still the same and we're still together because the break up was complete bullshit to begin with. Just because you say we're over or on a break for no good reason doesn't mean anything. Idk. Everytime you wanna cheat i guess just say "we need time apart" or whatever then it doesnt count? 💀And then everyone gaslighting him to forgive her bc she made a "mistake" lol. She unfairly kicked him to the curb and immediately went to go suck off his rival for pieces of illustrated cardboard and embarrassed him publicly with malicious intent. That's not "a" mistake. That's a whole series of fuck ups.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Immensely interesting. Nice twist on romance vs jealousy. Mike and Liam were nice sympathetic characters. The game was obscure but your enthusiasm in the descriptive tactical action was infective. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

The author did a commendable job of describing various forms of gaming and how wound up people can get over a game.

While the story brought pain because of Tia's cheating, the author showed it to be a mental health issue and that getting the proper counseling help can change people and save relationships.

I did not like the story, in that sense it was a zero for me.

However the big picture is t he work of the author in designing the plot, building the characters and the great social significance in showing what unmitigated anger can do while giving the proper solution. I don't vote on a like scale, I vote for overall value and that definitely makes this a 5, worthy of the Hall of Fame.

THC

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

I have a question for the author, who presented such a wonderful reconciliation story:

How does one get the image of betrayal enough out of mind every time they kiss?

How can one heal enough to reconcile?

The answer, if you can give it, could help save a lot of relationships

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeytonMirabelle@PeytonMirabelle
* * * * * * * * * * Current Update: 13 Apr 24 : My latest offering, Panic in Aisle Five, is available as of today in Romance. Pretty standard stuff for me, but has a sweetness I liked. Coming up Next: Contrary to most times, I have absolutely no idea what my next effort wil...

SIMILAR Stories