All Comments on 'Blame It on Barbados'

by jamboman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One little problem

Bob was right.

RandomcarrotRandomcarrotalmost 5 years ago
Did they even read it?

I'm so confused by the 3 previous comments, especially the first one. There was no cheating (although it's hinted that Bob might have) so are they mad that Bob, who is clearly the villain of the piece, gets tricked at the end because of his own selfishness?

No wonder they hide behind being anonymous.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 5 years ago
Bad twist.

1. Stacy's heavy flirting, groping, clutch dancing was done without Stan's permission. She also got deliberately got Stan drunk when she should have had his back.

2. On the last day, Stan should not have conceded the bet. If Stacy could exhaust him with hand jobs, then he should be allowed oral sex and make the bet into a draw.

3. Stacy asks for a 3-way with Stan and Carole. She and Carole deliberately set out to cheat on Bob, enlist Stan's support, and use Stan as a Judas goat.

Bob and Carole are in deep martial trouble, but the 3-way is rationalized as positive therapy for the marriage. (Professional opinion is that cheating in a weak marriage is almost always fatal.)

Shame Bob didn't stand up to them.

-----

Three strikes! Stacy, the manipulative bitch, is out on morals violations.

-----

Bob files for divorce based on Carole cheating with Stan and Stacy. It possible that he goes for revenge on Stan, and hurts Stacy too.

Stacy, being a lawyer, compartmentalizes the whole thing the same way she does when using the law to inflict injustice. Will she be able to manipulate Stan into accepting what has happened? How much of Stan's trust will she loose?

Stan is torn between guilt at screwing over Bob and aiding his wife in doing so, against a night of pleasure from fantasy turned real. (Remember the discussion about fantasy staying fantasy?) He probably ends up wimping out to whatever Stacy chooses, just as he agreed to set up his friend Bob.

And Carole? I've no idea if she every concludes that the suffering from the 3-way and divorce is offset by her new life without Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Harsh comments!

Have been noted. I don't align with them, however. First of all: those who thirst for some entirely novel plot line for a LW story are signing up for disappointment. There's only so many ways one can get from here to there -- from mild-mannered loyal wife to one who qualifies for a LW plot treatment. From the initial set-up, the plot formed around some kind of caribbean- induced stimulating sex. Early on, it wasn't at all clear who would be involved. Hints were dropped -- e.g., the poolside encounter with Tony, et al. suggesting they were being encouraged to pursue the two women and . . . . .? But the ending was a surprise and clever. The Bob character is drawn and highly undesirable and he remained consistent. That, I think, merits an encouraging score.

Thanks for the encouraging effort.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Stacy was a stereotypical lawyer jerk, from the first turndown of her husband in scene one to the ending ultimatum

The whole thing was tainted by her scheming selfish crap

Otherwise it was pretty good, and your writing is clear and we'll expressed.

The whole lawyers work hard and need a break device needs to go away.

They got less mental and emotional stress than a 15 dollar an hour EMT or CNA.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Liked it

Ignore the comments from the over 60 crowd, nice story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why the fuck....

...do assholes have to pick apart porn stories? It shows just how much of a dick they truly are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I love the build up of the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Would have left the cheating,manipulating slut in Barbados! I can always get a new one!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous