Blazing Glory Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ShadwNinjaX
ShadwNinjaX
1,349 Followers

Rae was a whole different story. Callista left the room as she had with the other two, leaving him alone with Death's Mistress. Blaze would have smiled but he sensed an uncomfortable silence emanating from the drowess. Quietly she lowered her hood and strode over to his bedside. The young warrior was about to ask if something was wrong when her hand shot out and seized his throat in a crushing grip.

"Rae....?" he choked.

The drowess's red eyes glared darkly down at him as her lips trembled with fury. "Let me make one thing clear, Patron. You may hurt me in any form that you wish. In some ways I may enjoy the pain as I am drow..."

His breathing wheezed as the powerful Matron Mother slowly lifted him from the bed by the neck with her one arm. "But I never... NEVER... I never want to see that woman go through what she had to when she thought she was going to lose you. Kendra's pain was beyond words. IF you ever go and die on us during this quest, I will personally kill myself so I can find and kick your vithing ass all over the Abyss!"

Blaze was at a loss for words. Not that he could have said anything if he wanted to! The blue faced warrior managed a nod of his head before he was dropped back into bed. He coughed and rubbed at his throat as he was bewildered by Rae's actions. And had Kendra really been that grief-stricken over him?

The drowess sat down on the edge of the bed and reached out to caress his cheek with her dark hand. "I'm sorry, Blaze........ It's just that when I saw you sitting there, the memory of her suffering came back to me so vividly that I lost my temper. I know you have no intentions of dying on us. Just please try and be more careful. Because I lied...."

The drowess smiled sadly to him when she saw more confusion in his eyes. Her obsidian fingers gently caressed the outline of his face as tears led single trails down her dark cheeks. "I can take just about any pain, but I can't take the pain of losing you. I thought myself tough enough to be able to withstand the loss of another Patron, but I was wrong."

Seeing Rae in one of her rare moments of opening up, he wrapped his arms about the teary-eyed assassin and pulled her close. The drowess crushed her dark lips against his as they embraced each other tightly. Dark elf and human simply kissed each other deeply for a while after that. Rae was the one to tell him all that had happened over the last week in the journey to finding this place, including the encounter with the pack of hellhounds. Callista had set up a spell to render her home and them invisible to the demons' senses for the time being after learning of their hunt for her. Blaze took all this in clearly, but didn't miss the hint of hatred in Rae's voice whenever she mentioned the Silver Enchantress.

It was getting towards evening when the last and most dear member to Blaze came to visit. The door quietly opened and her head peeked inside, green emeralds immediately focusing on him with undeniable relief. Callista stood from her seat by his bedside and waved to Kendra that it was fine to come inside.

"I will leave you two alone now," the exquisite elf said as she moved towards the door.

Kendra shook her head and closed the door behind her. "No. It's fine, Callista. It's only right that you be able to stay as you saved him. You're as much a part of this as I am."

The Silver Enchantress stopped and smiled slightly to the demoness. The sorceress sat back down beside the bed as Kendra slowly moved to him. The succubus eyed Blaze nervously as she approached; as if afraid her very presence jeopardized his recovering health. Blaze had never seen Kendra like this before. Had his near death really affected her so much? Had she suffered so greatly that her usual display of sensual confidence was completely undone?

Kendra's leather creaked softly as she sat down by his side on the bed. Her hand immediately found his and gripped it with tender warmth. Both lovers gazed into each other's eyes quietly for a time. Blaze found himself once again amazed that such a beautiful creature was with him as those green eyes gazed down into his very soul. A single tear formed at the edge of one before sliding down soft almond-brown skin.

"Come here, tiger," Kendra whispered softly.

The young man was only too eager to comply as he leaned forward to kiss the exotic beauty by his side deeply. Those soft vanilla lips met his hungrily as her tongue darted out to lovingly caress his. Both lovers shared the intimate kiss for a few moments before breaking it at the same time. They leaned back from each other and shared small smiles. Blaze was the first to glance away and remembered that Callista was present. When he glanced her way, he was surprised to see the bronze skinned elf looking at them both with an odd look in those amber eyes.

When he cleared his throat embarrassedly, the look disappeared as Callista smiled to both of them. Having them so close, Blaze could see why he mistook Callista for Kendra in his feverish state. Both women had beautiful darkened skin tons with Kendra's being the darker. The opposite was so for the elf's silvery hair compared to the demoness's bright vanilla locks. Still, such minor differences didn't stop him from thinking they could be sisters! To his knowledge, they had to be the two most beautiful women in the world.

"Thank you so much Callista," Kendra smiled brightly to the woman beside her. "I don't know if there is ever anything I can do to repay you for keeping him here with me."

Callista raised her hand in small dismissal. "It was nothing really. I was more than happy to assist you. There is no need for repaym....."

Kendra and Blaze blinked as the sorceress stopped in mid-word and gasped. Her body seized up and straightened as if someone had dropped a sliver of ice down her back. The startled guests watched with sudden worry as the elf's eyes rolled up to where they could only see the whites of her eyes. With an eerie echo that rang in her voice, the Silver Enchantress spoke.

"Out of darkness he shall come nigh

and to glory he will ascend on high;

Yet hindrances he will face anon,

And with failure all hope be gone.

An ordeal of those close by his side,

In them his faith essentially reside;

Though weary and worn his body from strife,

fierce heart never waiver to keep his life.

To him the serpent will hiss many a lie,

In its servants truth he must espy.

Though the path to be taken will be clear,

Will he choose with the honor he holds so dear.

These trials he must traverse to destiny,

One misstep will plunge the world into misery."

Callista slumped back into her chair as her ambers returned to gaze at them. When she saw their bewildered looks, she looked confused at first before realization lighted her eyes.

"Dear heavens..." she whispered, "I am sorry if that frightened you. Can you please tell me what I said?"

Blaze stared in open-mouthed shock at the elf. Kendra rolled her eyes and used one finger to push his hanging jaw closed. Fortunately the succubus had always had an outstanding memory and recited what the Silver Enchantress word for word. Callista listened intently until the demoness was finished before shaking her own head with a sigh.

"It seems more hard times lie ahead for you Blaze," the elegant beauty said as her ambers fixed on him. "It's one of my cursed abilities. My magic sometimes takes the form of foretelling. These prophecies often frightened people when I was younger because they always came true. It seems soon you will face situations that will test your worthiness to continue on."

Kendra looked at the sorceress in dismay, shaking her head slowly with the disbelief of this revelation. It had been bad enough that she'd nearly lost him. Now Richard was already set to face certain troubles in the future? She had simply hoped they could quickly kill the four generals of Koas and go back to Kyros to live a quiet, peaceful life with him. Why couldn't the fates let her live such a blissful existence with him?

Blaze himself sighed in resignation and understanding. When one was on an adventure, there was always trouble around every turn. He knew evil would come for him again and again after he woke up from his curse-induced coma. But that didn't shake his resolve to face whatever came defiantly. He would never give in and never lose again!

Still, he looked to the sorceress as she talked with Kendra on how he and the succubus met. She was an elegant beauty a man would fall madly in love with instantly. He liked her well enough. She possessed an aura around her that demanded respect. The elf was also very serene in attitude like an ocean at peace with very small waves lapping at the shore. Callista even harbored motherly warmth that made him like her instantly.

Yet she was a sorceress. A wielder of magic. An invisible force that she had used within his own body and soul. Such a thought made his skin crawl and a shiver run up his spine. But it had saved his life hadn't it? Magic couldn't be so bad after all then could it? Then there was Rae to consider. He had always thought of her as a skilled warrior and assassin. Rarely had he remembered her dark magical talents as well. But hadn't the drowess healed his damaged body as well through her magic?

He cared for Rae more than an uneasiness of magic. He wouldn't let such get in the way of their close friendship. Blaze then looked to Callista and wondered. Then why should the Silver Enchantress be any different? She'd been outcast from her own people who felt the same fears he did. Such fear of this kind, beautiful elf was simply foolish!

Callista noticed the young warrior gazing at her oddly and gave him a quick small smile before looking back to Kendra as they talked. Eventually Blaze joined in on the conversation, often making jokes that would make both women laugh and smile. On into the early evening the three talked and grew to know each other better before the conversation came to an end. It was nearing time for dinner and Callista had some food to prepare for them all.

Kendra helped him out of bed, but Blaze found his strength near fully returned that he could stand and walk about. Though his muscles were a bit sore from lack of use over the past week, he knew another good days rest will put him back into top shape. Stepping out into the common room, he was greeted happily by the others. It was a simple cottage that held a comfortable feel about it. Oddly familiar sites of shelves with herbs and ingredients adorned the shelves like he remembered in Aurora's place. But this home had something more that Aurora had. Flowers and plants decorated the home everywhere and filled the air with the fresh scent of the great outdoors. Apparently it was true when legends spoke of the elves love for nature.

It was when they were finishing their meal and cleaning up when Nadine yelped. Everyone looked to the startled catwoman to see her looking at the window. They heard the sharp clicking before they saw it. A black hawk flapped its wings to hover outside the window as it rapped that wickedly sharp break against the window.

"Oh! Don't worry," Callista laughed softly as she walked to the window and opened it. Everyone backed away quickly as the fierce bird of prey flew into the room and landed in a perch on top of one of the chairs. "It's Cyrus, a personal message carrier of the Queen of the Elves. Also an old friend."

All of them watched with awe as the elf approached the large hawk and pet its head gently. Cyrus in turn nipped at her fingers gently with its beak in an affectionate manner. Callista reached down and removed the small piece parchment. Breaking what looked to be a royal seal and unfolding it, her amber eyes scanned over the words.

"Interesting," she hummed to herself before looking up. Her eyes blinked wide as she saw all of them looking at her expectantly and blushed. "It seems I have been invited to a ball celebrating the Queen's birthday and centennial year under her rule."

The elf then sighed and placed the invitation on the table shaking her head, "I am surprised I was even thought of. But I can't. I'll just cause unneeded tension during the celebration."

"Horseshit!"

Blaze startled everyone out of the silence that had followed her words, especially Callista. He dismissed her doubts with a wave of his hand and moved over to the sorceress. He placed both hands on her shoulder, causing her to stiffen in further surprise. His eyes gazed right into her own with an intensity that she hadn't expected to be there.

"I don't care what they say and what they have led you to believe about yourself. Yes you may be different. But you're special, not an abomination. You should go if the Queen would like you to be there and enjoy yourself."

All uncertainty that had welled up within her soon melted away from the assuring warmth in his gaze. She smiled to him and then others before nodding. "Alright. I will go. And I would like all of you to attend it with me. From what I gathered in talking to Kendra, you all need to head west anyway. West is where the capital and the Queen is. I would love it if you all could come with me."

Blaze blinked as he listened to the Silver Enchantress. What she said made sense in that it was in the general direction that they were heading. He liked Callista and would like to enjoy her company as long as he could. Shooting a glance towards Kendra, he noticed the succubus nod her head in approval of this plan. Looking back to the elf, he nodded that they would accompany as she requested and was rewarded with a brilliant smile.

They all called it a night shortly after that to ready themselves for the beginning of the journey to the capital of Solomon. He was quick to learn that the bed he had rested in was Callista's but the elf insisted he rest there still. As the others went outside to their camp, the elven sorceress told Kendra she could sleep beside Blaze the night while she stayed in the chair beside them to keep watch and make sure Blaze's health didn't take a turn for the worse.

Kendra was more than happy to hear this and fell asleep quickly with her arm draped possessively across his chest as usual. It took Blaze quite a while longer as he felt the beautiful elf's eyes on the both of them together in bed for a long while before finally succumbing to sleep.

********************

The gloom of the eastern forestlands of Nealon permeated everything. Even the animals that lived here looked to have a foul attitude in the way they went about their everyday lives for survival. Most of them were tough animals that had to adapt to the harsh environment or face extinction. Trees leaned half-hazardly against each in place while others simply couldn't be supported anymore and lay upon their sides dead as a result. Bogs and swamps littered the forest making it land all about a treacherous maze exhibiting a foul odor.

Through it all a lone figure leapt from tree branch to tree branch in with unequaled precision that made it look as if it were flying instead of jumping. Nariko kept a careful orange colored eye on the ground in search of her targets. Fully wrapped in her dark ninja garb, she blended in well with the dark tree tops high above but didn't want to afford any risks in dropping her guard. If she failed in this.... The ninja shivered in renewed terror. She wouldn't fail! No matter what, she would do anything to succeed!

The ninja seized up suddenly and halted on a thick branch. Quickly flattening herself up against the tree trunk, the assassin glanced around the trunk below her to what grabbed her attention. Sprawled out in a large makeshift town below were those that she had been sent to find. It was the size of a town spread out among the trees, but made of tents in evidence that these were a nomadic people. The people that would form the cavalry that Koas needed. At first Nariko hadn't believed what Koas said these people were, but she was shocked at what she saw was true as Koas described.

A cough and coarse spit drew here attention directly below. A man stood above the bushes as the liquid sound filled her ears. The putrid scent of his urine reached her and she stifled herself from gagging audibly lest she reveal her position. The man had a muscular torso and looked like any other human. It was when he finished and moved away from the bushes that it became clear of her goddess's intentions.

Trotting away from where he pissed in the bushes, the centaur made his way back towards the encampment at a steady clop. Nariko's eyes watched the legendary creature half-man, half-horse move further away from her. Such a cavalry would prove invaluable to Koas. Cavalries were formidable in their own right. But what could be more naturally comfortable than a man on a horse. A centaur! Being naturally as they were, they could gallop about with as little thought as a human does when running and battle at the same time.

With a swiftness that contained very little sound, the ninja used her claws to crawl down the tree with the ease of a squirrel. Upon reaching the ground, she was soon darting from shadow to shadow. Often seeking the cover of bushes and thick trees, Nariko was soon deeply infiltrated into the centaur camp. Koas had informed her to make her way to the largest tent in the center where she would find their chief. She had easily spotted it from her position up in the tree and drew closer to it now. Upon reaching it, she lifted the flap at the back of the tent and crawled quickly inside.

She found out soon enough that this tent wasn't as dark as she had wished it to be. The front entrance flap was open, allowing light to spill inside. Standing quietly within was the centaur she was looking for. He was a big one for his race. Long flowing blonde hair cascaded down his back in a wild mane as well about the massively muscular chest that even made her body ache with desire. She didn't doubt if she touched those muscles that they would be rock hard. His horse body was no less impressive in its huge size. It looked like it belonged to a warhorse of elite caliber. Silently she stood and observed the centaur chief lost in thought as he smoked a pipe.

"Acrois," she said in announcing herself.

Acrois glanced up quickly in shock of her sudden appearance within his tent unescorted. Nariko smirked beneath her facemask, taking pleasure at the sight of his surprise and displeasure at having been caught off guard. With a frown, the massive centaur tapped out the contents of his pipe and stomped the hot material out with a hoof.

"So the ambassador of Koas came as the messenger had promised," his deep voice sighed. Arms folding across those big pectorals, he fixed her with intense blue eyes. "So let's hear it. But before you speak, take off your mask. Let there be no secrets between us in my tent."

Not wanting to risk failure early on by upsetting him, she complied by removed her ninja garb's hood. His blue eyes studied her features curiously as she shook her short blue hair about to get the tangles out.

"I am here on the behalf of Koas to invite you to join her forces in the destruction soon to come," she stated simply.

Acrois looked taken aback at this request and mulled it over for a few tense moments as Nariko waited fearfully in silent dread of him saying no. Looking back down to his pipe in longing to use it as he thought it over, he finally shrugged and looked to the ninja.

"And why should I include my tribe in her forces?"

Nariko sighed in relief as he left the opening she had been waiting for and in which Koas had anticipated. She then spoke what Koas instructed her to. "Why to get revenge of course!"

An equine snort and stomp of his hoof as he looked to her suspiciously. "Revenge?"

"Yes. On those of old who outcast your people. Those who enjoy the fertile lands on the other side of the Boaz Wall," She said with a knowing smile, watching him stiffen further with every word as the ancient hatred rose within him. "Those that outcast your ancestors for having bestial relationships with wild horses. They were disgusted with your ancestors and the resulting offspring. They couldn't stand the sight of your people and cast you away like a soiled rag."

ShadwNinjaX
ShadwNinjaX
1,349 Followers
1...34567...10