Bleeding Heart Pt. 01

Story Info
Estella's boss is a vampire will she be bitten by her fangs?
3.7k words
4.57
8.8k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey everyone, this one gets a little dark. It's about vampires, so you can only imagine there will be a little bit of violence and some blood. It's a slow burn supernatural lesbian romance story about a girl who slowly discovers her boss is a vampire and gets drawn into the underground world of the supernatural. This will be a long standing series that probably won't have a lot of sex at the beginning. So it'll take awhile before there's any smut. Sorry about that. This is really just the introduction. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think in the comment section below.

*****

Part 1

Estella's Perspective

"Little Judie Hanson will never be able to see her mother again because this man killed her. Jamous Thompson killed Maria Hanson in cold blood," With eyes filled with pain mixed with a burning passion for justice, Ms. Bell looks at the jury with pure conviction. "Who will be there to hold Judie when she's scared. Who's going to pick Judie up when she falls? Who's going to tell her everything's going to be alright? Because of Jamous Thompson, her mother won't have another chance to tell her daughter how much she loves her."

A tear falls down the fair porcelain skin of her cheek. She takes a moment to compose herself. "Judie won't have her mother there the day she graduates. Judie will not have her mother there the day she gets married," she looks at each and every one of the juries, pleading with them. "Please, I beg of you, put this man away for the rest of his life so he doesn't take another parent away from their child."

She walks away, her fiery red hair flowing like a pyre of flames in the wind that matches her intensity. She commanded their attention and respect and she got it. The way she gave her final statement put a chill on my skin and yet it filled me with fire.

After we were released from the courtroom, I rushed to my boss with giddy excitement. "You killed it in there. That was the best statement I've ever heard. It sent chills down my spine."

I subtle smile lingers on her lips for a split second before fading away. "Let's keep our minds focused on the tasks at hand."

"Right!" I say as I follow her

Back at the office, my boss heads into her office with me in tail. "How are we doing with the autopsy report for the Preston case?" she asks.

"It should be here by the end of the business day," I say.

"How is the witness doing for the McKinney trial?"

"She's in protective services, just ask you requested," I say with my head held high.

"Good. Thank you. When's the last time you ate?" she asks me.

"Uh..." She always manages to throw a curveball question at me. "I can't remember."

"Go out and get yourself something to eat. You've earned it. Hopefully, by the time the Jury is finished, we'll have put another murderer behind bars," she looks over at me with such a proud smile. I can't help but feel good about myself.

"Thanks, is there anything I can pick you up?" I ask.

"I still have leftovers in the fridge. Thank you for asking though."

I nod as I go to walk out. "Oh and Estela. Thank you for all you've done. You should feel proud, because of your hard work we're going to have another killer put behind bars."

"Thank you, Miss Bell. I am proud. Proud to work for the best District Attorney ever."

She smiles. "Now go eat before you pass out."

--

Rebecca Bell's Perspective

How? How could they let a man who killed a woman in cold blood get away with it? She was a good woman. A mother. Not only did he kill her, but he was also let off the hook. Well, I'll just have to see if he is as innocent as the jury and the judge said he was.

I wait patiently at his kitchen table as he unlocks the back door. As he comes in, he turns the lights on and walks over to the fridge. "Feeling lucky?" I ask.

"What the fuck?" He nearly trips over his feet as he shoots up from the fridge. "How the fuck did you get into my house?"

"It's not your house. It was Maria's and now that you've killed her..."

"You heard the jury, they found me innocent."

Before he can even take a breath, he finds my hand wrapped around his throat as I lift him off the ground. I look dead into his eyes. "Tell me the truth. Did you kill Maria?"

He lets out an agonizing cry before spilling everything. "Yes, I killed her. The bitch was constantly nagging me. On and on. She'd never shut up. I mean for god sakes, I work 12 hour days. All I want when I get home is to sit in my chair and drink a cold glass of bourbon while I watch the game. Was that too much to ask for?"

"You do not deserve to live," I say as I slam him against the wall before I sink my teeth in the skin of his neck and drain him dry.

I turn on the stove and take the small jar of grease under the sink and douse it all over the stove. The fire spreads quickly, devouring everything. The house burns down to the ground as I walk out the door.

--

The Next Day In the Office

As I sit at my desk after a long day at court, Estella burst in the door. "Did you hear? That scumbag that the jury let off the hook yesterday was found dead in a house fire. I hate to sound like a heartless bitch, but I feel like he got served a good dose of karma."

"Yes... It would seem that way," I say as I take the young girl in. I can't help but adore the way she keeps her raven black hair short. Her dark eyes are so full of youth and energy. My eyes fall down her light brown skin as I'm drawn to the nape of her neck. I can hear the beat of her heart and it sounds so delicious. If only I could take one bite, just a taste...

"So I was looking farther into the alibis of the main suspect in the Preston case and I have to say, something doesn't quite add up," she says. No! Snap out of it Sinclair... I will not hurt her ever. I have to gain control over myself. She's innocent. She's one of the few good people in this city. I will not let any harm come to her.

Even so, I find myself drawn to her. Not just because of my thirst for blood, but because of my heart. She lights up the darkness of my soul with her bright smile. She fills up my dreams with thoughts of what it'd be like to kiss those sweet lips. I would die a thousand deaths to have her all to myself. To have that beautiful face between my thighs. To see those dark brown eyes looking up at me as she fills me with pleasure.

"One witness says he was home all night. Another one says he was at a friend's house. Obviously, he can't be two places at once."

"It could only mean one or both of them are lying," I say, pulling myself out of my fantasies. I can't allow myself to be distracted. Justice must prevail. There's no time for such desires. "I will talk to both witnesses and sort out the truth."

"Are you sure? Detective Carter said he'd handle it," she says.

"Detective Carter is too busy spending what little cash he has at the strip clubs to investigate the truth. He's a disgrace to law enforcement." Maybe I should pay him a visit.

"What about the new detective, Tera Wilson? She's the one who transferred from New Orlean. I heard she's the one who busted up the human trafficking ring over there," she says.

"I've heard that as well. She's definitely one to keep an eye on, but I do not know enough about her to trust her." Corruption wears many masks and it has its hands deep into the pockets of the NYPD.

"Who do you trust?" she asks.

"It's a shortlist, but if it makes you feel any better, you're on the top of it."

"Really?" she asks with such a hopeful smile.

"Yes. You've proven yourself quite competent and dedicated to the cause of justice," I say as I watch the blood rush to her rosy cheeks. I can only imagine how good she'd taste. No. Never.

"So," she says, breaking the long pause of silence. "Do you have any plans for Memorial Day?"

"I'm going to finish the deposition for the Preston Case," I say.

"Do you ever take time off?" she asks.

"Do criminals take time off?"

"I suppose not. Don't you have any family though?" she asks.

"No..." I pull away and focus on the mess of papers on my desk.

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"And what do you have to be sorry for?" I ask.

"I just can't imagine what it'd be like not to have my family around, granted my mother can be a real thorn in my side, but still... She is my mother. You know, my parents are having a BBQ and you're more than welcome to come over. I'd love for you to meet my family. I've told them so much about you."

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time for that sort of thing," I say rather too coldly. I can't help but feel sad as the light leaves her eyes.

"I understand, dedicated to the cause of justice. Just make sure to take care of yourself," she says.

She goes to walk out of the office. "Estella. I'll think about it," I say.

That smile she wears so beautifully makes my heart leap. "Okay," she says. "I hope to see you there. Have a great weekend. Please take the time to relax."

She brings out a smile from inside me. "I can't make any promises."

Memorial Day

I find myself staring at the clock as I work through all the evidence and reports. 6 o'clock. I could easily make it if I left now...

God, I can't remember the last time I went to a BBQ, let alone took time off. I never had a reason too. Besides, I don't deserve happiness. Not for all the things I've done. The people I've killed, regardless of what they've done. Yes, they were murderers, rapists, and the worst of the worst. But they were human beings and I took their lives without mercy. Am I any better than them? What would Vennessa think of me now? Would she still love me?

--

Estella's Perspective

I'm so glad my boss didn't come, then she'd witness the disaster of my family. "Honey, no texting during dinner," my mother scolds my kid sister.

"Dear, will you pass the ketchup?" my dad asks. I pass him the ketchup.

"So... Stella, how is work?" my mom asks.

"It's great. Well... Yesterday wasn't so great. The jury let a murderer go free for whatever reason," I say. "However, the man died in a fire last night. So there's that."

"Huh," my father says as he bites into his burger.

"I wish you'd let your hair grow out. I bet men would be lining up to ask you out," my mother says, changing the subject. My sister and brother tense up.

"Mom, for the last time, I'm gay. There's no future where I will date a guy," I say.

"Why do you insist on being so foolish?" my mother asks as she slides a string of her golden blonde hair behind her ear. Her perfect white skin burns red from frustration. Just then, the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it," I say, jumping at the bit to end this conversation.

As I open the door, none other than Ms. Bell is standing there waiting. She's still wearing her business suit with her head covered in a hat and glasses hiding her face. "Oh my god, you came!" I say, feeling my heart skip a beat.

"Please tell me you did not invite one of your girlfriends to our family dinner," I hear my mother say from the dining room. My face immediately flushes with heat.

"No, mom! It's my boss. I invited her to join us." I turn to Ms. Bell and invite her in. "I'm so sorry about that. I didn't really think you'd come so I didn't tell my family."

"It's okay, I don't have to stay," she says.

"No, that's nonsense. Come in and join us. If I would've had a heads up that the most successful District Attorney, Ms. Rebecca Bell was coming over for our Memorial Day Dinner, I would've prepared something special. Unfortunately, we only have burgers and french fries."

"That's okay, I'm honestly not all that hungry," she says.

"Well come in. Here let me take your coat, hat, and sunglasses," my mother says. I can't help but steal a glance at my boss as she takes off her coat. God, she always looks so amazing in a business suit. Kind of intimidating, but in a really good way. A kind of way that makes my knees weak.

She takes a seat next to me. "So, tell me, Ms. Bell. How are things down at the courtroom?" my mother asks.

"Busy. Crime rates have risen recently. That means more cases to prosecute. But I'm very fortunate to have Estella's aid. She's been a godsend. I don't know where we'd be without her," she says.

I can feel my cheeks burn hot. I manage to squeak out a thank you. "So I hear you're running for Mayor," my boss says to my mother.

"That I am," she says. "I think it's time for a change. Laura O'Brien has sat in office for far too long and hasn't fulfilled a single promise. She said she'd focus on cleaning up the streets of New York. Drug use has only increased under her watch. She said she'd get the roads repaired and there are more potholes than ever. I'm tired of having our streets filled with crime. I don't want to fear for my children's safety when they go to school. So yes, I will be running for Mayor."

I have to hand it to my mom, as much as we argue about my sexuality, she is dedicated to making a difference in the world. I just wish she'd understand that there's nothing wrong with being gay.

"That's very noble of you and I agree, it's time for a change," Ms. Bell says. "The government is filled with too many career politicians. Rats only there to serve themselves and will do anything to stay in office."

"I couldn't agree more," my mother says.

"Never a dinner without politics," my kid sister sighs.

"Ashanti don't be rude," my mother says.

"I'll be honest, politics isn't my favorite subject either," Ms. Bell says. "So tell me, Ashanti, Estella told me you're quite the musician. She praises you quite highly. I would love to hear you play. Maybe we can do a duet."

"You play an instrument?" I ask.

She smiles. "I can play several. The piano is my favorite followed closely by the violin."

"How did I not know that?" I ask.

"Oh my god, I love the piano and the violin. I'm also trying to master the cello and the flute," Ashanti says. "But I'll be honest, my heart lies in producing music."

"I can see a bright future for you. Just stick with it," my boss says.

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea," my mother chimes in. "Music is just not a viable career path. She'd be better off going to college and learning something practical, like politics or law like Estella."

"Mom, you can't just force her to be like you," I say.

"Don't be silly. Ashanti is her own person. I just want her to have a secure future," she says.

"If my future doesn't involve music, then I don't want any part of it," Ashanti says.

"We'll discuss this later," my mother says.

"So... Jaivon, your sister tells me you're the star QB for the high school," Ms. Bell says. "I hear you have a big game this Friday. From what the news says, the other team is quite tough. What's your game plan?"

"Oh, we'll be ready for them. Right dad?" my brother asks.

"Oh definitely, The Wildcats have got a good defense, but with Jaivon as our QB, he'll be able to pick them apart. We've already been watching their game film. Even though they like to blitz quite often, we'll attack them with slants, dumps, and crosses all game long," dad says, his shiny black head nearly blinds everyone else as the light reflects off of it.

"Well, it sounds like you're quite prepared for them. I find with enough preparation, no enemy is too difficult to defeat," Rebecca says.

"I couldn't agree more," dad says. "So... Ms. Bell, how is it that a woman like you is still single?"

"Dad!" I spit out. God, this is why I never invite guests over...

"I'm quite dedicated to my responsibilities at the DA's office. I have no time for a relationship."

"I'm sure you can find a decent man who'll be more than happy to respect your time," My mother says. "I've been desperately trying to convince Estella to settle down with a nice guy, but she's persistent in fooling around with women. I just hope she can come to her senses before it's too late."

"Mom! Seriously? Why do you have to do this? I'm gay, There's never going to be a man in my life," I say. Seriously, why did I invite my boss here? God... This is not how I wanted to come out to her.

"I wasn't aware that there was anything wrong with being gay. Besides, homosexuality isn't a switch you can just turn off," Rebecca says as our eyes meet, I mouth thank you to her.

"Oh... I see," my mother says. "So I take it you're one of these lesbians?"

She says it in a way that makes it sound like we're part of a cult or something. I look up at my boss as she takes a sip of her drink. She's completely calm and composed. "My sexuality is irrelevant. As I stated earlier, my only priority is putting criminals in prison. I have no time for emotional attachments."

"A woman dedicated to her work. I admire that," my mom says.

"Well, I should get going. I've still got a lot of work to do tonight and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow," Rebecca says as she gets up from the table.

"But you've barely eaten," my mother says.

"I ate earlier. Thank you so much for having me. You all enjoy the rest of your night. Estella, I'll see you in the morning," she says.

"Here, let me walk you out," I say as I catch up with her just outside. My gaze falls to the ground. "I'm so sorry about my family. Also, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier about my sexual orientation. I was just..."

"You have no need to apologize for anything," she says as she lifts up my chin so my eyes meet hers. "You should never have to apologize for being true to yourself. Hold your head up high. The only shame is that others can't see how amazing you truly are."

It's as if she took the breath out of my lungs. Her words are like a ray of sunshine breaking through the darkest clouds. Her blue eyes shimmer with so much hope, I can feel it. "Enjoy the rest of your evening, Estella. I should get going."

She takes her hand away as she turns to leave, with her goes the light that brightens my day. "Thank you, Ms. Bell. For everything."

She turns with a smile. "Estella, we've been working together for long enough now that you may call me Rebecca. And you always had everything you needed within yourself. I just helped bring it out. Now don't have too much fun, we've got a busy day tomorrow. I'll see you in the morning."

With that, she walks away. How is every time I'm around her, the words always seem to get caught in my throat? She's got this power over me. God, I remember the first time I met her, she intimidated me. I was afraid to even talk to her. And yet, I not only admired her, I not only wanted to be like her, but I also fell hard for her. I knew it right then and there when I first saw her give that speech at my college graduation. She just radiated confidence, power, and grace.

Working for her has been such a blessing. I've learned so much. She's taken me out of my shell and helped me work through my fears. Because of her, I had the courage to come out to my parents. Because of her, I'm not afraid to be myself anymore.

--

Rebecca's Perspective

God, why does Estella make my heart bleed? Every time I see her, I'm reminded of Venessa. It's so painful to be around her, and yet... I get enough. I'm addicted to the way she makes my soul ache if I even have one...

I pull out the old photo of Venessa and me back in 1955. The memories are hard to forget. She was so full of life. So full of passion. She stood up for what she believed in. A black woman who wasn't afraid to be who she was. Wasn't afraid to love who she loved. And she loved me. She truly loved me. And I loved her. God, I loved her. I loved her more than anything in this world.

Why did they take her from me? Why did she have to die?

*****

Please let me know what you think in the comment section below. Also please give it an honest rating and add me to your favorites. Don't forget to check out my profile for more content and reach out to me if you have questions about my story!