Blessings of Faith Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um, she invited me back. I could probably introduce you." Miles really couldn't tell if she was about to tear his throat out or try to break his hips fucking him. As it turned out, it was both.

If their first time had been an aggressive session, this bordered on violence. She mashed her lips hard to him, forcing his mouth open and practically sucking his tongue into her as she dragged herself over him to get him erect. Between gasps of air she would bite his neck and scratch deep furrows into his chest and arms, almost like she was marking him as her own. Despite himself, he became erect, and Celeste didn't hesitate to slam herself onto him, groaning deeply and gutturally.

She never gave him a moment's respite, alternating pumping him hard or bucking her hips, trying to squeeze every last inch of him into her. She latched onto his neck, her fingers almost piercing into his sides as she climaxed on him, screaming his name. He climaxed as well, swearing that she was a succubus sucking his soul out through his dick.

After convulsing on him for several moments, she fell asleep on him, teeth still on the side of his neck, mumbling something. It was one of the most amazing, terrifying, pleasurable, painful and confusing experiences of his life. He had a lot to work through while she lay asleep on him, still twitching occasionally.

***

Miles stood before the temple, a practically vibrating Celeste locked on his arm, as if she were afraid he would disappear into thin air if she let go. He really couldn't remember much of how he got here. After Celeste had mauled him the previous evening, he fell asleep with her still on him, teeth still on the side of his neck where she had practically drawn blood during her climax. When he woke up in the morning, she savaged him again, though thankfully her rabid furor had been somewhat slaked.

The day had been no better, with her watching him like a hawk, which was an apt comparison as her predatory eyes seemed to follow him everywhere he went. She would occasionally sweep him into an empty room or hidden alcove, her fingers like talons, gripping his arm like iron vices and would leave deep grooves on his back when they were done. Miles was coming to terms with a lot of complex feelings he was having.

They sat in the pews, waiting for the priestess to appear for her sermon. Celeste's fingers were intertwined tightly with his own as she waited.

Helena finally appeared, as radiant as she was the previous day. Her blonde hair was clipped behind her with a flower ornament, whose bright blue and silver coloring completement her deep blue eyes. She wore a white silken blouse today, with a long black skirt. Her symbol of faith was clasped tightly on her elegant neck. Celeste gasped when she stepped onto the pulpit, spellbound as she made her way to the center. She addressed the crowd, but her eyes always seemed to find Miles' during a moment of respite.

Her sermon today was on acceptance, perhaps inspired by their conversation yesterday. She spoke of acceptance of the self and acceptance of things that could not be changed. She spoke of acceptance requiring understanding, and that one could not accept what they did not understand. It is an important tenant of faith, that they must understand the world around them and themselves, so that they can accept what cannot be changed and change what they cannot accept.

Miles didn't know if he fully understood, but he could understand the sentiment, and the desire to understand oneself and others around them. He looked at Celeste, whose right hand was softly stroking her neck where her own collar sat. While the one Helena wore was thick and ornate, her own was a thin strap with curving lines like a vine along the length. Celeste saw him looking and gave a small smile, squeezing his hand gently.

As Helena finished the sermon, she looked out into the crowd and thanked them all for their attendance. Just before she left, she made eye contact with Miles, and slowly nodded her head toward the statue from yesterday. He nodded in return, and she left the pulpit with a soft smile on her lips. Celeste's eyes had been darting between the two during the whole exchange, "Oh my god" she whispered under her breath. "It's all true." She subconsciously stroked her neck again.

They didn't wait long at the statue before they heard the soft clicking of shoes. Helena approached, a wide smile on her face as she observed the two standing before her. Celeste caught herself staring and quickly drew a line from her heart to her lips and then her forehead as she bowed her head in reverence.

"There is no need to be so formal. A friend of Miles' is a friend of mine." Helena gently lifted Celeste's head, cupping her cheek, when she hesitated to do so. "Please, raise your head, there is no need to be so reverent. I am only a woman."

"Of course, my priestess." Celeste hesitated, before continuing. "I'm Celeste, a member of the Lustra parish. I've wanted to meet a priestess of the faith for so long." She was tearing up a bit. "I'm sorry, it's just, a bit overwhelming."

Helena stepped closer and clasped Celeste's hands in her own "It's alright. I can feel your pain. The Lady of Devotion is always with you." Celeste was blinking back her tears, feeling her burdens of grief, loneliness, and despair diminish in her presence.

She whispered something into Celeste's ear, squeezing her hands tight as she nodded in acknowledgement. The young redhead calmed herself and thanked her. She saw Miles' worried expression, dropped her eyes as if she were still ashamed of something, and just shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I sidetracked you." Celeste wiped the corners of her eyes, "Please, priestess, speak with Miles, I've intruded for too long." She kissed his cheek and turned to leave.

"Please stay Celeste." Helena asked. "It is not an intrusion. You are here with Miles, and as such, I would like you to stay."

Celeste looked at Miles, whose eyes seemed to echo the same sentiment, holding his hand out to her. She held it tightly, wrapping her arm around it for comfort, and resting her head on his shoulder. Helena smiled at the gesture.

"And please, Celeste, call me Helena." Celeste nodded mutely.

Helena turned her attention back to Miles. "I'm glad that you are here, Miles. I feel such peacefulness in your presence; it feels warm and inviting."

"Helena, both you and Celeste have said that there was a sense of peace around me. Is this what you were trying to get me to sense yesterday? Because I don't really feel anything special."

Helena looked surprised, glancing at Celeste, "You felt this too? When?"

"Yes, priestess, last night, after we, uh," Celeste trailed off. Helena nodded, understanding where the young woman was headed.

"This is interesting. The Lady of Devotion speaks to us in many ways, but often through acts of devotion, whether it be to the faith," she smiled at Miles and Celeste, "or each other."

Celeste hesitated, "Priestess, I didn't feel it the previous time though. It was only after his visit here. And I knew that he was here because I could feel her presence in him. It was like the first time I communed with her; the sense of peace, the sense of belonging."

Helena seemed to consider this, her brow furrowing in consternation. "Yes, there was something unusual when we spoke yesterday as well." She took his hand, staring into his eyes, as if trying to see into his very essence. "It was like you radiated her presence, but it was muted within you. I tried to open it a bit, but you weren't able to notice it."

Miles was largely lost in this conversation, "Does this mean that something is keeping the Lady from speaking to me?"

"Perhaps, or keeping you from speaking to her." Helena nibbled on her lip in thought. "I feel her grace in your presence, and it is stronger now than yesterday. Stronger than when I opened the channel."

Miles' head was swimming at this point. "How exactly did you open the channel? I don't feel anything different."

"An act of devotion." Celeste stated, understanding dawning. "That's why you touched him yesterday, even though he's not a believer."

Helena nodded, "A small act to open the way." She looked back at Miles. "If you would allow it, I would like to accompany you in your journeys. I would like to understand what it is that I feel in you, Miles."

Celeste looked at Miles, worry and excitement playing across her face. "I know this is confusing to you Miles. I can't explain it any more than the priestess can right now, but she's right. I feel it when I'm with you as well."

"Please, take your time. Discuss it and come see me again tomorrow."

"We actually have to leave for Lustra tomorrow."

"Where are you staying?"

"The Tipsy Flagon." Miles answered.

Helena nodded, "then I shall meet you there at dawn. Be well, my friends."

***

Miles was sitting on the bed, scratching at his chest, watching Celeste pace around the tiny room. She was nibbling on her fingernail absently, trying to think of where to start. She finally stopped and took a deep breath, turning to him.

"Okay, maybe let's start with the priestesses. Do you know why they hold such positions with the religions?"

Miles shook his head. He had never been part of any of the religions, so only had a vague understanding of how it all worked.

"Okay, the Lady, and all gods, can commune with their followers directly, but it is usually only at the level of being able to feel their presence and maybe feel their guidance. The priestesses, and priests, have a stronger connection, they can hear their words and amplify their gods' reach. That's why its hard to maintain a religion in smaller towns without a priestess. Members begin to doubt what they feel, and there is no one there to help guide them or strengthen that bond. That's why it wasn't until I was here that I could feel my connection again, feel her presence."

Miles nodded, trying to take this in. "Was that why you had such a strong reaction when Helena touched you? Through the act of devotion?"

Celeste nodded, "It was like a dam had broken, and I could feel it all again. Not the trickle that it once was, but a wave." She added, "Each religion is different, but the Lady of Devotion thrives on acts of charity, compassion, empathy, and love." She arched an eyebrow, "I know you've heard the rumors."

Miles nodded; it wasn't uncommon for many to disparage other's religions. He'd heard plenty of stories of the Lord of the Sun's worshippers burning themselves in their devotions and being pyromaniacs, or the Lord of the Ocean's worshippers drowning themselves in baptism and drowning the unbelievers. There was likely a kernel of truth in these, but wildly exaggerated. The Lady of Devotion's rumors centered on sermons erupting into orgies and followers working at brothels.

She continued, "Physical closeness and intimacy can strengthen our bonds. The priestess was able to reconnect me through it, and she opened you up to it as well."

Miles was curious but asked hesitantly. "And when she held your hands?"

Celeste nodded, wringing her hands, "I was overwhelmed by the feelings, and she offered comfort. She told me it wasn't my fault, that there was nothing any of us could have done to save them. She told me this, without ever having heard about that mission. But she knew, because the Lady wanted her to know, to comfort and guide me."

Miles nodded. "So, how do I figure into this? I don't feel anything."

Celeste furrowed her brow, "That's what's confusing. There are plenty of people who don't commune with the Lady, with anyone, and never feel their presence. But you are the only one that radiates her grace." She sat heavily on the bed next to him, "I never noticed it until last night, and even then, I didn't really know what it was. Its beyond what priestesses can do. It's like you bring her to us, to all of us, by simply being near us." She paused, looking almost apologetic, "And it may have added to my, um, unusual fervor."

Miles touched the teeth marks still on his neck, watching her wince as he did so. He waved it off, but he was still confused. "So, Helena is just investigating this phenomenon. And that's why she wants to come with us?"

"Probably." An impish smile worked its way onto her lips, "Or maybe you've caught the heart of a priestess?"

"There she is." He elbowed her playfully in the ribs, "I was wondering how long you could stay all maudlin."

She grinned, "I can only have so many moments of honesty before I need to lash out. And I think I'm tapped out for the day."

"One last question before I lose you to yourself again. If intimacy makes it stronger, does that mean every time we get to it, I gain power?"

She snorted, "Please, I know my pussy is good, but it's not magical."

***

Austin sat at the back table of the dirty bar, hood pulled low over his eyes, his watered-down ale left untouched on it. Most of the patrons here were keeping low-key, donning heavy hooded cloaks, wide brimmed hats pulled low, and sitting in the shadows.

A figure walked in from the street, the door swinging open and shining unwanted light in with it. He moved to the bar with easy, unhurried strides, dropped a coin and pointed to a mug behind the counter. The bartender swept the coin off the table into his other hand and poured him a drink.

He took a long swig, nodded, and then looked around the room. He took his mug and then moved toward Austin's table, taking a seat by the beam, where he seemed to fade into the shadows.

"What did you find?" Austin asked.

"Nothing. And that worries me." Samir drank from the mug again. Austin merely waited for him to continue. "Usually there are bribes to follow, even for the most honest of folks. These guys? Nothing."

Ausin scratched at his beard, his nerves were bothering him again. Something was out of place. Good contract, organized bandits, new guards, good accommodations. All of this was normal, but something was still wrong.

"Do you know what's taking them so long?"

Samir shook his head, "Whatever they're transporting back has to be in town though. Nothing scheduled to come in that'd require two wagons. They haven't even loaded anything yet."

"And the guards?"

"All ex-mercs, silver ranked by the guild. Good backgrounds, followed up on some myself."

Austin grabbed the mug and took a deep swig, barely tasting the beer. He kept coming back to the thought that the merchant was planning for shit to go down on the way back.

"I think we're the distraction," he muttered.

Samir nodded, "Possibly. What do you want to do about it?"

Austin drained the rest of his drink.

***

Miles sat up in the bed, he wasn't sure why though. He looked around the room carefully but didn't spot anything in the darkness. Celeste's easy breathing was the only sound he heard. He felt cold and noticed that he was sweating. He rubbed his face and found tears on his cheeks. He had no memory of why though. He felt lost; like he'd lost something.

He reached up and touched the scar on his chest as it was aching, but when he looked, he didn't have a scar. He pulled his shirt open, but there was no indication that he'd ever been struck by a knife.

Miles felt dizzy, he felt tired. He put his head back down on the pillow. He touched where his scar should be, and felt cracks begin to appear.

***

Miles groaned, rubbing his eyes. He heard the knock again. "Yeah, I got it. I'm up." Footsteps receded from the door.

He sat up, stifling a yawn and kneed Celeste in the butt. She groaned and slowly rolled off the bed with a thud.

"Fucking ass crack of dawn," she grumbled as she got dressed, still uncoordinated from just waking up.

"Not even. Got another hour before that." Miles was searching for his pants, trying to shake the cobwebs from his brain.

Celeste grunted as she hopped on one foot, trying to pull on her boots. She managed to slip into them, straightened her forest-green shirt, and slipped on her collar. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail and turned to him. "How do I look?"

"Totally bang-able."

She smiled and flipped him the bird. She started stretching, "What's wrong with your chest?"

Miles looked down; it seemed fine. "What?"

"You were rubbing your chest, right above your heart." She was rolling her shoulder blades, loosening up.

"Oh, um, I hadn't noticed." Miles went to the drawers in the room and started to pull out their equipment. He tossed Celeste's light leathers over and laid out her weapons.

They helped each other into their armor, tightening straps, and checking for any issues. Miles strapped Austin's blade to his right thigh and secured the Karsan blade at the small of his back. He put his quiver over his shoulder, threw on his heavy travel cloak and checked for anything he missed. Celeste whistled and tossed him his assortment of throwing weapons he had picked up. He slid a slim throwing knife into his left bracer and dropped the star shaped ones into a pouch on his left hip.

Celeste watched Miles squirrel away all of the hidden weapons with a wry grin. "Man, Samir would be proud. You're like a walking arsenal."

Miles snorted in response. They both knew that Samir never went anywhere without at least five hidden weapons on himself. Even when he was in the bath, it was best to assume he was always armed, though where he hid the weapons, no one really wanted to know.

Even though it was early, the kitchen staff had already been hard at work, and were bringing out eggs, sausage, and fresh bread. Austin and Helen were already finishing up when Miles and Helen came down. They grunted in acknowledgement.

Everyone eventually made their way downstairs to grab food, stashing some away for later. Austin looked over at Miles as he finished up and gestured to join him over at the bar.

"So, what did you decide?" Austin was leaning casually on the counter.

"I'd like for her to join us."

Austin considered, "And you're clear on what that entails?"

Miles nodded.

"Alright," he sighed. "I'll let them know. Best take care of her, Miles." Miles nodded again and went to finalize his preparations.

At sunrise, just as she had promised, Helena arrived at the Tipsy Flagon. She wore a heavy white cloak, lined with silver fur, over a black, high-neck blouse, silver vest, and a grey A-line riding skirt. She wore a collar similar to Celeste's, a thin strap with elegant ivy design that lay on her neck. Her blonde hair fell loose behind her through a halo braid.

Her soft grace, and gentle smile in the morning light was enough to take anyone's breath away. Celeste signed her devotions to her, which Helena once again interrupted with a gentle hand to raise her up.

"Please, you don't have to do that with me" she chided Celeste.

"Of course, I'm sorry priestess." Celeste gave a little head bow, causing Helena to click her tongue.

"And you can call me Helena."

'Of course, priestess Helena." Helena sighed with a smile, taking it as a small win.

She turned to Miles, a demure smile on her lips as she folded her hands before her. "Good morning, Miles."

"Good morning, Helena."

"You feel serene Miles." She smiled at Celeste "I hope you have had a chance to discuss?"

"We have, priestess. Helena." Celeste caught herself and looked at Miles.

"Yes. I'm not really sure what you see in me, what you both see in me, but this obviously means a lot. So, I hope that you will travel with us, until you can accept the answer that you find."

Helena smiled brightly, noticing his reference to the prior sermon, "I am so happy to hear that, Miles. Thank you." Helena turned to Celeste, "Thank you both."

"Um, we have horses prepared if you don't have one." Miles offered.

She shook her head, her golden tresses waving in the sunlight, "I have my own."

1...345678