All Comments on 'Blind Faith'

by Devinter

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very well told and done. 5!

Frankie1952Frankie19523 months ago

So emotional and a little confronting but very erotic and enjoyable. More please, where do they go from here? I saw no mention of birth control so maybe they already made a baby.

DevinterDevinter3 months agoAuthor

@Everyone - Thank you for the kind comments. @Frankie1952 - Indeed, a little confronting. I wanted the experience to feel raw. Difficult at times, yet with a mother that was perhaps more understanding than most would be in that situation. If she got pregnant or not, I'll let you decide. ;) Likely won't write a second part - at least not anytime soon - because writing this way was surprisingly difficult, not relying on describing things by sight very much. It was a challenge and I feel like I overcame it. But I am working on multiple other stories between loving couples - related or otherwise - plus a bunch of kinky side projects as well, so something you'll like will show up in my story collection sooner or later!

kaotic2kaotic23 months ago

This was wonderful. Thank you for writing and sharing it.

ScottishTexanScottishTexan3 months ago

This was absolutely fantastic. While her mother was very understanding from having "been there/done that"...sort of....I didn't like the foreboding shadow that Mom's failed relationship cast over Noah & Faith's romance. 😕 You should have jumped forward in time twenty years later with a funeral scene. Noah, their two children, and the mother (now grandmother) are graveside as Faith's illness had finally claimed her after she fought a valiant battle for her family's sake. The mom then comments something like, "She outlived the doctor's predictions twice over because she had you forever by her side, Noah. I'm glad that you both found happiness together while she was here." 5/5

DevinterDevinter3 months agoAuthor

@ScottishTexan - Thank you. I do however find that most readers prefer a happy ending. Furthermore, I don't like huge time skips like that because it means I cannot write Part 2 as easily in case I get the urge later on, which happens from time to time! This way I leave things open and can continue the exploration of Faith's and Noah's relationship continued relationship without a set ending. But I think that your suggestions are great. The first draft of this story was significantly more sad, I'll admit. Noah rejected her then - not because he didn't love her, but because he was afraid - and Faith attempted to commit suicide by injecting herself with her medication, and they only got together after she woke up in the hospital with her older brother devastated by her side. However, my beta readers felt that this could be seen as manipulative - and that the story was already sad enough - so it got cut.

Robinius1Robinius13 months ago
Not too bad.

Mostly well written. I have the feeling you worked hard to make your sentence construction different. That didn't make the story better, just harder to read. Some 'sentences' weren't even sentences at all. Nouns are important. Use them always. Think about a sentence after writing it. Is there a better way so say what you just wrote? A way that expresses your thoughts better? Re-read your story, paying attention to all that you've written. Sometimes there's a better word or a better phrase that comes to mind after reading it again. A thesaurus can be invaluable - and they're available online! Lastly, if a subject is singular, its verb must also be singular and thus, if a subject is plural, its verb must also be plural. This is important.

Sorry to sound preachy, but when I read a story these things, among many others, stand out to me.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

Very nice!

Loved this one!

InWINcibleInWINcible3 months ago

Man, I really like this style of yours. This story even topped the previous one in terms of emotional attachment between the MCs. This sort of story, where it's neither a mindless wank nor filled with so much sex that it overwhelms the reader, is rare to find on this site. I am saying this not to look down on people who enjoy reading those stories, I am just appreciating what I prefer.

My only gripe was it either needs a sequel or an epilogue.

DevinterDevinter3 months agoAuthor

@Robinius1 - Thank you for the constructive criticism. I assure you that I am trying my best but I've still got a long way to go. I am not a native English speaker, so I have quite the daunting task whenever I try to make a sentence in English sound 'natural' as the structure is completely different in my own native tongue of Swedish. But this story in particular was extra difficult because of disallowing myself to use the sense of vision and eyesight much. A lot of the dialogue was therefore outlined by what tone of voice was used and so on, instead of being able to vary it with facial expressions or subtle movements. Tricky! But I'm getting better and better.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ok this might be the best story I have ever read on lit. It was so unique and that made it 5 star material. The build up, the anticipation, the results all felt perfectly timed. Bravo sequel maybe

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This was spectacular. This is my first comment on this site, and this story of yours is the first one that got me coming back to finish it after I started reading it. Just to know what happened to Faith and her brother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Loved this, a very moving love story, well done.

LechemanLecheman13 days ago

Beautiful story, sad but beautiful.

DevinterDevinter12 days agoAuthor

@Lecheman - Thank you. Life is full of sorrowful moments, but even in the darkest of times, there is beauty. I have witnessed people overcome truly awful things, finding new happiness despite all odds. Humans are quite remarkable!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDevinter@Devinter
I am on this website to hone my penmanship and getting better at expressing myself vividly in the English language. I am 34 years old, from Sweden. What I write about does not necessarily reflect my real-life preferences, fetishes, desires, or even fantasies. A large amount o...