Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I moved in, pushing my mouth to hers, both of us wrapping our arms around one another, kissing deeply as my hips got right back to it, grinding against this fox I loved, feeling her own hips working in response as we started another bout of lovemaking.

—♥—

Celestial Bishops:

The highest standard ranks within the celestial military; Bishops act as diplomats with other races during peace and war times. They are frequently the representation of the celestial presence to the mundane. If the military needs to reach out to the church it will usually be done by a Bishop. There is a single High Bishop and two regular Bishops within the ranks at any given time. The High Bishop will also act as arbiter during tribunals. The Bishop class is the only other rank aside from Initiate that requires a vow of celibacy.

—♥—

The stew and bread were wonderful when we finally got around to it that night. I felt a little guilty about things, Toroah and Ezekiel didn't get to see me much the following days outside of our assigned duties, as the two of us couldn't keep our paws off one another.

We spent nearly a week getting it out of our systems, but then again we had been keeping this fire smoldering since we were cadets, so there was a lot of time to catch up on. I didn't regret telling her I loved her, and she didn't seem to either. We exchanged the words of affection as if they had always been there, comfortable to say and hear.

I received a summons to Toroah's office on the day that would have been a week since Rachel and I started 'seeing' one another. The rabbit had a smug smile on his face, his hands folded at his desk as I entered.

"Sir." I gave a salute, then eased my stance as I saw him give me that cute little smile he always showed me when we were alone.

"Ryder, it's been over a week since you and I had any time together ourselves. Don't tell me you're regretting our little meeting the other day." Toroah showed his teeth in a grin, letting me know he wasn't serious with the words.

My tail wagged behind me as I offered him an apologetic smile. "That's not it. I love what we did, I blame Rachel, she's been keeping me very occupied lately."

"No doubt, I can smell her upon you even now." The rabbit leaned back in his chair and gave me a curious look. "Have you confessed to her already? You have the look of a fox in love."

I gave him a grin and rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah, I didn't even make it past the first night once we were together. I guess once we got to it, we just both realized it had been building up for years."

"You two were assigned together several times as Cadets, yes? You shared the tribulations of battle and duty together."

My arms folded as I thought back to those years. "Barely. We had dealt with a few vampires, but nothing we couldn't handle, especially together. She's much more competent of a soldier than me."

"Well, I've given you a week to bask, I think it's time we got back to work, Ryder." The rabbit rose from his desk, casually sauntering over to me, the tips of his wings dragging on the floor, his robes billowing out at his feet.

I gave a surprised look at his words. "You were giving me time with her, Toroah?"

"Of course, I also insisted to her Commander she gets a week of light duty as well. I told you before, I'll not impede upon your relationship, and I'll even help where I can." The rabbit smiled at my rapidly darkening cheeks.

"Toroah, sir... Thank you. I feel guilty to have neglected you these past-"

The rabbit silenced my apology with a quick kiss, his hand pushing to my cheek as he moved his mouth against my own. I felt a shiver roll up my spine at his touch, eagerly returning the gesture.

He kissed very differently than Rachel did. The vixen would throw her arms around me and recklessly shove her mouth to mine, desperate almost every time we kissed, probably due in large part to the years of stolen kisses we had to make. Toroah's kisses were controlled and graceful, they had the emotions behind them but were much more subdued.

Pulling away he gave a dramatic snap of his fingers, a large gate appearing behind him while I still stood there recovering from the kiss. "Make sure to have those wings ready for use." The rabbit called out casually as he simply fell back into the gate.

A few moments later I moved to the edge of where reality parted, realizing it was in the air, the land below stretching far into the distance. I stepped into the gate and straight into a freefall before snapping my wings out, moving into the fall before soaring back up and leveling off, giving them heavy beating flaps to keep myself airborne.

Toroah came to me, keeping enough distance so our wings didn't have a chance to interfere with one another. Like this, it was easy to see the size difference of his wings compared to mine. Even as a first, his wings looked like they easily had another foot of length, their body also much thicker and even the plumage of feathers looked larger and sturdier than my own.

I glanced beneath my feet, seeing the land stretching out before me, no signs of the ocean, only mountains, plains, and valleys. Looking back to the angel I tilted my head curiously. "Where are we right now?"

"We're currently right in the center of the content of Asia. Not far from where you ran into Lorelai the other day, actually." Toroah gave me a nod and I couldn't help but look to see the sun was dipping down on the western portion of the landmass, no doubt it was already dark hours beneath us.

"I wonder how the three of them are doing?" I rubbed my chin in thought.

"Would you like to find out?" Toroah offered me a grin.

"Can you find them, Tor?" I tilted my head curiously, my tail flicking about in the air.

"That is not within my power without performing a ritual spell, however... There is a reason I chose you as my first, and it is time for you to be brought up to speed as to that reasoning."

I gave a shocked looked and swallowed a lump in my throat. The idea of me being so different and special left me unsettled for some reason. Toroah gave me a knowing smile and shook his head.

"The Seraph reached out to me about you, Ryder they-"

I gave a shocked bark and clenched my fist. "What?! How does the Seraph know about me? I- I'm just a lowly soldier, sir!"

"You ask me questions I cannot answer, my love." Toroah gave me a playful grin, seeing the pet name disarmed me a little as I relaxed.

Satisfied with my silence he wagged a finger. "Ryder, you have a unique talent all your own. Once you've interacted with another, especially closely, you can focus and sense their location. From great distances like this, it may just be a pull or tug in a direction, but eventually, if you follow, you will grow close enough to sense them in earnest like you always could."

I frowned and shook my head. "If that's the case, why do I still have to look for you or Rachel at the citadel?"

"The whole of the citadel is covered in powerful enchantments that null any type of tracking short of being a seer. Why do you think the magi of the world have never found us?" Toroah gave an amused smile and then lifted his ears.

"Let me show you. I will go hide, and you seek me out. You have... five minutes to find me." The rabbit showed me a toothy grin then simply blinked out of sight, as if he had never been there, to begin with.

I just stood there in the air, flapping my wings, shaking my head at his dismissive attitude. He didn't even tell me how to do this supposed trick. With a growl I closed my eyes and focused my thoughts, I tuned out the howling wind in my ears, then thought about just Toroah. Of course, my mind drifted to that kiss, then to that last time I had him on the floor, then it bounced to that thump to my forehead I still needed to pay him back for.

My eyes snapped open as I gave a shocked bark, realizing I felt something pulling at me. I looked down towards the earth below, feeling like something was guiding me. It was so hard to describe, but it was like being in water and having just a faint current surrounding you, something that would just gently pull you along if you didn't resist, but weak enough even treading water would halt it.

Snapping my wings out I dove, knowing if I only had five minutes, it'd take some time to get to the surface. As I followed the pull, it grew stronger until that faint current felt like a torrent of water, pushing my senses, and then soon enough I felt his energy and could see his location clearly.

My feet touched down on the earth, my wings folding along my back, the rabbit leaning up against the wall of a ruined building. Toroah showed me a toothy grin as he nodded. "Nice eyes."

I blinked at his words and looked confused. "What?"

The rabbit shook his head and simply waved a hand, a small gate opening that faced a smooth polished mirror. I looked in it and gave a shocked bark as I saw my eyes were mismatched, my right still blue, but my left a similar gold to how Rachels would get when she focused.

Curiously I closed my left eye, seeing Toroah for what he was, then switched, blinking my blue eye closed this time. I could still see the rabbit there, but I could see the aura of his energy with him, wisps of divinity drifting off his form. I glanced down at my own hands to see similar wisps of energy, then glanced around the small village, sensing the mundane energy from the villagers who were all in their beds asleep.

Growling I closed both eyes, shaking my head a few times to calm the new powers, feeling them fade before I opened my eyes and blinked a few times, seeing my vision was normal again.

"Good job, Ryder." Toroah kicked off the burned-out building he was leaning on and took a few paces away before snapping his wings out and taking off again.

I followed him back into the air as the rabbit stopped high over the village. "This was the area you described, yes?"

Processing it, I gave a nod, recognizing this was where the trio of vampires left after executing one of the four. "Yeah, now that I'm above it again, this was it."

Toroah gave a nod and snapped his wings out before soaring back into the sky, I gave chase and soon enough we were high above the landscape once again. The rabbit gave a shrug as he looked over the land. "Well... let's actually field test it now."

I frowned at the words and blinked a few times. "Uh... field test?"

The rabbit gave me a nod and lifted a finger. "Depending on their destination, it's only been a little over a week. Why not check in upon them?"

My eyes widened at his words and I gave him a deep frown. "Sir, you want me to go check up on the vampires that nearly killed me?"

"Yes." He nodded with a matter-of-fact tone in his voice.

I winced and shivered at the thought of the overwhelming power the ewe had demonstrated, then lifted my ears as I realized me thinking of her had made my powers kick in. I could feel a pull, faint like a small puff of wind at your ears, but I could feel it.

"Ha... looks like you're already on the trail my little hunting dog!" Toroah cooed the words and I showed my teeth in a growl at his playful words.

The rabbit smiled and gave a shrug. "Your task is to seek them out, Ryder. See how they fare, I am curious to see their progress."

"Sir, I don't see how this-"

"Just do as I say, Knight. It's an order." He snapped the words out, giving me a strong gaze.

I stiffened my tail and gave my wings a sharp flap as I saluted. "Sir, it will be as you command."

"They have over a week's head start, but you have the sky. A mountain that takes days to cross, you can assail in an hour. I've no doubt you will find them within half a day. I will reach out to your fox and tell her you will be busy with your task, so as she will not worry."

"Thank you, I know she would. Please do not tell her I'm going to find a brutally powerful vampire, she would be sick with worry."

"Nothing to fear, I have no concerns of her attacking you. You need not even speak with them, just see how they fare and return if you wish."

"So I should avoid contact, sir?" I lowered my hand from my chest, easing my salute.

"That is your decision to make, Ryder. You are a first and I trust your judgment."

I gave a nod and snapped my wings hard, flying high above the cloudline, knowing the further up I was, the more ground I'd cover. This felt foolhardy, like poking a primitive-bear that was sleeping, then again even the regular bears I had met in my time, would be pretty surly from being woken. Perhaps, it was a biological thing.

—♥—

The Seraph:

Even the Archangels could tell you little of the Seraph. The Seraph is a being that represents the very will of the gods. They have no physical manifestation that has ever been presented, claiming the form would be too much for the minds of their viewer to gaze upon.

The Seraph is very hands-off in the matters of the angels, only requesting their presence in the most pressing of matters. Likewise, summoning the Seraph is very rare, the archangels only doing so when no other option is present. It is only possible to ascend to the rank of Paladin or Archangel, with the blessing of the Seraph.

—♥—

Following the gentle pull, I was left with just my own thoughts as I flew. Of course, at first I was nervous about this whole thing, but Toroah was correct, she wasn't the type to just kill, and had the other she taken on been that way, no doubt the two of them would have left alone with two corpses left behind to burn.

My thoughts quickly turned to my current situation, with him and Rachel. Then they turned to the Seraph. Why did I have this newfound ability? I wasn't some destined soul for greatness, I didn't want that and I never did. I can't recall why my mundane soul chose this route, but I knew very clearly I never wanted to be some special being. I wanted to just do some good and be happy. I wanted to be with Rachel, Toroah, and Ezekiel. That was all I wanted was to be at peace and with those I loved.

The tug grew harder and my thoughts refocused on the task at hand, diving back into the clouds and moving closer to the surface of the land. They had cut a pretty quick pace all things considered, but given the closing winter months in this region of the world, I could understand why. They were no doubt heading for the large city still a few days travel for them.

I drew closer until I could sense their energy naturally, as I did that night I found them to begin with. Curiosity got the better of me and I drew closer still, I wanted to get a better look at this new vampire they had in tow.

Being celestials we had supernatural vision that could even put a hawk to shame. However, I still had to get close enough to see them and I flinched when I was within range and Lorelai jerked her gaze straight to me as if seeing me in the pitch-black sky even though I was still nearly a mile off.

The third they had taken on was a fox like the male that had been with her previously. She had long black hair that perfectly matched the ears and tail she sported. Her naturally tan skin seemed to contrast with the fox next to her whose skin had been fairer. I could tell they had already started to grow a bond by how closely they were riding together.

Lorelai spoke out to them, pointed in the distance and after a few moments of debate, the two foxes continued on, while the sheep remained behind, the male of the two looking back at her a few times with concern. Once they were out of sight, she hopped off her primitive-horse and strode directly towards me, then folded her arms, staring right at me, as if she were waiting.

The smart thing to do would have been to turn and go home. However, I had come all the way here and she had seen me. I certainly didn't want to give her some idea that I would be causing problems. Also, something in me wanted to talk to her again. Swallowing down the ball of fear in my chest, I snapped my wings hard and soared into the sky before circling once and landing several yards from her, keeping my hands in view so she saw I wasn't armed.

The ewe showed her sharp teeth in a show of annoyance, putting a finger to her cheek as her head tilted. "Ryder, wasn't it? Why do you shadow me and my siblings?"

I offered her an apologetic bow. "I apologize for interrupting your trek, I was ordered to simply check upon you, see how your travel fared."

"To what ends, celestial?" Lorelai shifted her stance to a more guarded one, a hand resting on the pommel of one of her blades. "If you mean harm to my family, I assure you I'll take more than a taste of your blood this time."

I showed my teeth in a snarl and drew my longsword, the sheep lifting her ears and starting to withdraw her own blade before she cocked a brow as she watched me cast the sword into the grass. "We both know the difference in our abilities, Lorelai. I come in peace with no agenda. This was merely a field test."

She snapped the half of her blade back into its scabbard and started walking towards me, a curious look in her eyes at my display. "A field test you say? Explain yourself, now."

My teeth snapped together, feeling her will slam into my very soul. It wasn't a request and she expected an answer, even as I struggled to fight against the demand. She watched me stiffen my posture as she advanced on me all the same, even as I had shown my intent.

"I told you to answer me, angel," She snarled the words as she casually picked my sword up from the ground, the wrapping on the grip keeping it from burning her.

She heard me give a defiant bark before shaking my head and giving her a weak grin, a crooked sneer of a smirk showing as I struggled against her domination. "Can I, get... a please?"

Lorelai looked shocked, then I saw her sharp teeth show in a genuinely amused grin as if she enjoyed my words. The sheep sauntered over to me, swaying her hips in a lazy strut as she flicked my longsword in her small hand expertly, then I barked out as she shoved the point to my neck, letting it rest on my throat.

"I quite enjoy your display of defiance, I count on one hand the times I've seen it in my centuries of life," She cooed the words, her brown eyes now blood red, her teeth looking larger, sharper, and even more imposing. "I also quite enjoyed that taste I had of you last time, it burned going down, but worth the pain."

My teeth clenched hard at her words, my heart pounding in my ears as I felt my own divine blade gently pressing into my flesh, but not enough to break the skin. Lorelai gave me a look, a ravenous look, and for a moment I questioned if I had just ended myself, she stared upon me with a hunger I'd only seen in the maddest of vampires I had brought down.

The blade moved down my throat, then I barked as she stepped forward and drove the tip of it back into my scabbard at my hip. She had to rise up on her toes to meet my eyes as I felt the blade slide back home as she puffed out into my face, "I'll have the details on this, field test you speak of, now. If, you, please."

Her red eyes lingered upon my own before she stepped back. I felt my own feet stumble back a few paces, knees shaking as my heart started to calm. My hand pushed to my chest, frowning before I explained to her what was going on, my power, and my assignment. One would say I shouldn't have volunteered so much information, but frankly, her will didn't give me much choice now that I think back on it.

"Fascinating. This makes you terribly dangerous to me and my family though, Ryder. You confess that you are a bloodhound that could track us and when my people only survive by staying hidden from your kind. Well, I think you understand the predicament this puts us in, yes?" The ewe set me with a cold look, resting a hand on the grip of one of her blade once more.