Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 07

Story Info
Episode 7: Can you care about me?
8.8k words
4.71
2.3k
2

Part 7 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader! We're going to jump ahead a few years here. I love writing sex but I'd like to think you're here and invested in so much more than the smut at this point, right? I hope so anyway? Wait- Do you think there won't be any sex this episode?! Ha!

The wheels of fate are beginning to turn, you no doubt see some of the past stories starting to take shape within the shadows of this tale, yes? Let us continue on then, as our lovely fox is about to meet someone that will forever change his life, and by proxy, many others, some you might be surprised by actually... but I digress, let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 7:

Can you care about me?

The seasons whisked by and time moved forward. I grew accustomed to Rachel not having her wings though she was occasionally mistaken as a cadet from time to time by newer members of the knighthood.

I met with Lorelai at a minimum once per season, but I never overstayed my welcome. We also shared letters and began meeting outside of her home, as to not cause drama or political problems within her court. Val and the servants kept their word, but she didn't wish to concern her family at large over what we had going on.

Years passed and things just became normal despite me having three lovers. Rachel and Toroah were understanding of the situation with one another as well as Lorelai, I knew in my heart I didn't deserve such consideration from any of the three of them. I thanked the gods for each of them daily and tried to relish my time with them.

It had been nearly a decade since I became Toroah's first and my power had grown exponentially in those years of rigorous training. However, it wasn't just my physical strength. Toroah had set me to educating my mind as well, not to mention I had become friends with Lorelai's brother Val. The incubus had given me new insight into demons and showed my prejudices were undeserved, that even their kind could show kindness.

Being Toroah's first, I was frequently present during important meetings of the archangels, as was Rachel. She may have been wingless, but she was for all intents and purpose, Hagen's first, so she was afforded the treatment that came with it.

I had frequently met all of the archangels in one capacity or another. Of course, Toroah whom I loved dearly, and Hagen who never forgave my outbursts or attitude towards him. There was Samantha who was the most imposing of them, though Toroah was easily her better in combat, and then Ichiro, the eldest and arguably most powerful of them.

When I say powerful, I do not mean physically. Ichiro appeared ancient even by our standards, a large st bernard with deep laugh lines on his face and the shows of age all over him. It seemed even just standing and moving was an effort for him at times. No, his power was spiritual and sheer will. The dog may have lacked physical prowess, but there was no denying the sheer arcane and divine wrath he no doubt could call down if the need arose.

There was a fifth archangel whom I had not met, I had seen her in passing when I had been a cadet, but she was very much a hands-on type and stayed closer to the action as it were, rarely coming to the citadel except when extremely important events were transpiring. However, the meeting I would soon share with her would forever shift the course of my life, hers, and many others around me.

Toroah had told me it would be poor form not to introduce myself properly to her when she arrived. It wasn't hard to find her, I could sense her overwhelming power easily enough. The wolf was alone in the training grounds. It was the middle of the night, but of course, here in the citadel that meant little, the light of day was the same strength as if it were noon.

I had been in flight and grumbling about why Toroah insisted I do this at night of all times, but orders were orders, he wanted me to greet her after the business of the day was concluded. I flapped my wings and gingerly landed to the side of the training grounds.

Charlotte was the fifth archangel of the group and the oldest behind Ichiro and Toroah. Her snow-white fur lent well to her ivory skin and blonde hair. The style she wore it in was very similar to my own, straight without much natural curl to it, but pulled back in a ponytail to avoid getting in the way of training.

The wolf easily had a foot on me and then some on the bulk. She was strong and powerful looking but still graceful, not bringing quite the sheer size Samantha sported, but not nearly as lithe as Toroah either. She appeared to be in a trance as I watched her go through the series of motions with her straight rapier, the blade seeming to glow in her grasp.

After a few moments, I noticed it wasn't just glowing, it was aflame as if a sword of fire. My jaw gaped as I realized then, it wasn't a physical sword, her silver rapier was still in its scabbard. She was literally using a sword channeled of her own divine will.

Cutting her blue eyes to me, Charlotte acknowledged my presence, but it was still a few more minutes before she completed her routine. The wolf turned and looked upon me, saying nothing as she held the flaming sword in her grasp. I didn't bother saluting, we just locked eyes and stared upon one another for several moments, as if sizing one another up.

Cocking a brow at me, the wolf lifted her chin and simply hurled the flaming rapier at me. I barked out and immediately channeled my will, producing a magical shield of light that deflected the flames, divine light rolling off the dome of it. I of course had been training in the arcane arts as well during these past years.

My own teeth showed in a snarl at the surprise attack and saw that Charlotte had already produced her actual physical rapier in her left hand, her right moving up as she curled a finger, beckoning me forward.

I said nothing as my own longsword came out of its scabbard and snapped my wings, launching into the air before diving upon her, the silver gleaming as her rapier met it in a massive clash of force. I was bringing the full power of my dive and gripping the sword with both hands, but she just stood there with one hand, not even having stepped back from the blow.

My eyes narrowed as we stared upon one another, my feet on the ground now, baring all my power against her, feeling her left arm only slightly yielding before the wolf simply wasn't there. I gave a bark of surprise then felt a boot on my back as I slammed to the earth face first.

"Get up," She growled the orders in a soft but icy tone as she calmly walked several yards from me. My tail fluffed out as I climbed to my feet and saw she was already set in her stance again. I didn't even bother dusting myself off as I set my longsword once more.

The wolf gave a nod and once again beckoned me forward. I growled and summoned forth my divine energies, wings spreading out as I snapped my teeth together hard before launching forward. I blurred across the field and she met me once more with a parry, her blue eyes widening as she acknowledged I was being serious now.

She rolled my longsword with her own blade, pulling it down before taking a wide swing with her own rapier, the silver flashing in an arc as I pivoted and threw my own blade up. I was still holding my sword with both hands and her with just her left, but the blow drove me back several feet, sending a thrum through my arms. I shuddered at her strength, I had sparred with all of the archangels but her sheer power was even outpacing Samantha's.

"Is that all?" Charlotte tilted her head curiously, giving me a bored look as she rolled the rapier in her grip lazily, spinning the blade.

My ears sprang up as I shook off the initial shock then snapped my wings hard as I lowered my stance. I made a prayer as I clasped my rosary in my off-hand, feeling energy surge through me as I threw off my shackles. Toroah had taught me much in this decade of divine combat, I had learned to use my own divinity to enhance my vitals, giving me bursts of strength and speed, but usually, it was reserved for dire situations, as it was incredibly taxing upon me.

It also gave me one hell of an ego trip for some reason when I pushed the power to its limit. I gave the archangel a cocky grin and simply blinked out of sight. Charlotte lifted her snow-white ears then side-stepped a swing of my longsword with a bark, thrusting her rapier forward but there was only the briefest glint of silver on silver before I was gone.

I heard the wolf growl in a deep rumble, shifting her rapier to her right hand as I appeared behind her. She threw the blade up and caught my overhead strike while looking over her shoulder at me, her thick fluffy tail thrashing before she whirled on me, sending a booted kick right towards my jaw.

My offhand caught the blow but the sheer force of the strike sent me pivoting backward a few steps, the wolf now upon me, rapier flashing as I began to parry and deflect. She pierced near the hilt of my own sword and started a circle motion intent to disarm me, but I flowed through with it, lunging forward.

She gave a throaty bark as I pushed into her chest my free hand grabbing her shoulder. Our swords dropped to the ground as we locked into a grapple, both our sharp teeth showing as we struggled and repositioned, each trying to get the upper hand. Eventually, I got a foot under her ankle and sent her to the ground.

Her large feathery wings slapped across the packed dirt of the training area, dust flying in all directions as she cocked a brow at my position of laying over her. I had one hand squarely on her shoulder, my other still gripping her wrist, panting and heaving, my chest pushing to her own, feeling the indentation of her breasts through the leather armor she wore.

The scent on her was surprisingly appealing for some reason but I couldn't quite put my finger on why, she just smelled really good right now. She gave a nod of her chin to acknowledge the pin and I staggered back, knees shaking to keep myself upright now that the energy had run its course.

The wolf rolled back on her shoulders, planted only a single hand onto the ground, and pushed herself up off it several feet into the air. She snapped her wings to dislodge the dirt from them before gracefully landing on her feet, not even looking the slightest bit winded from the whole ordeal, while I looked ready to collapse.

"You need work, but you're not bad," She spoke the words in a gentle voice, walking over to collect both our swords, tossing mine to me hilt first. I caught the blade which felt extra heavy in my grasp, sheathing it.

"Nice to meet you too," I grumbled the words as I dusted myself off, sighing as I felt my stamina starting to stabilize.

Charlotte showed me an amused grin as she rested a hand on her hip. "What's your name, knight?"

I frowned at her words, they had a faint inflection to them, an accent I didn't recognize, but I could tell they weren't meant in a belittling way. "Ryder, it's good to meet you, Commander Charlotte."

Charlotte folded her arms and quirked a brow at me. "Why do you smell like a vampire, pup?"

I snarled at the tone and put my own hand to my hip. "Probably because I was in bed with one last night."

The wolf gave me a crooked grin, a look in her eyes like she didn't want to believe me, but then was amused to no end that I was being truthful. "Truly? You've got yourself a little vampire whore you lay with?"

"She is no whore!" I spat out and showed my teeth, my tail going rigid.

"Huh... interesting." That was all the wolf said as she started dusting herself off.

"That's it? Interesting? Nothing else, Commander?" I prodded and quirked a brow.

Charlotte shrugged as she looked at me curiously as if confused by my own confusion. "What? You expect me to ride your tail about it or something? You're a big fox and obviously, you're not turned or enthralled, what business of it is mine with who you tumble in the sheets with?"

I folded my ears and nodded. "Well, thank you... I've caught nothing but grief from most over it."

"That stands to reason, they are all up here, I'm down in the thick of it. I know it's not so black and white." She brushed off her hips then met my eyes with a long gaze before speaking once more, "Toroah made you his first, eh?"

"Yes Commander, almost a decade past." I offered her the first salute of our meeting and her eyes rolled at it.

"I avoid the citadel because of how stuffy it is, at ease knight." She grumbled the words while looking me over again.

I frowned and nodded, but then awkwardly averted my eyes while she peered so intently upon me. "Uh... is something wrong?"

"Several things... Your energy, your strength, even the very willpower you exert forth." She moved over towards me and brought her face close to my own, giving a deep huff through her nose. I barked at her proximity, feeling my cheeks darken, tail wagging awkwardly.

"Please, Ryder. You obviously get around, you stink of sex. Don't act so timid around a female." Charlotte rolled her eyes as she stood once more and gave a shrug. "Well, you don't smell like you're not one of us, so I don't know."

"My apologies ma'am, I just wasn't expecting uh... to be sniffed by you." I laughed as I rubbed the back of my head with a grin.

She showed me her own grin, her canines looking larger than mine, her snow-white ears perking in amusement. It was a cute, almost childish smile, but it was an earnest one and it made my heart skip for a moment for some reason.

"C'mon killer, you can buy me a mead and tell me how you bagged my ex-boyfriend who I smell all over you." The wolf showed me another playful smirk as she turned and started making her way right to the nearest tavern.

—♥—

Rank dominion:

All celestials from the moment they join, accept a condition that they must obey the orders of a superior officer. Cadets may be commanded by any Knight and so long as the orders are within reason, they must obey. Even if a celestial personally oppose an order, their body will respond to it.

There are, of course, limits to this compulsion. A lower-class celestial can not be forced to do something that would be in a direct conflict with their personal belief code. For example, you could not force a lower rank that was abstaining from drink or a type of food to partake in it. Likewise, compulsion cannot be used to force one to commit an obvious crime.

Unfortunately, there are gray areas in this, such as compelling one to fight in hopeless combat against an enemy they have no hope of defeating. These situations are extremely rare though and higher ranks that commit such acts, usually find themselves demoted at best, or executed at worst.

—♥—

"So you and Toroah...?"

"Yes indeed, a handful of centuries ago. He's one of the reasons I don't hang around the citadel very much, too many bad memories." Charlotte took several heavy gulps of mead from her tankard, then plopped it back down on the table, sighing. "But damn me if I didn't miss the mead up here, mundane stuff just doesn't cut it!"

I smiled and took a sip of my own that I had been working on, assuming her segue into talking of drink was her way of not wanting to press the subject of him. "Their wine isn't bad though."

"You a wine kind of guy, Ryder? Your little vampire lover strut around all elegantly in a shimmering dress, sipping on glasses of your blood while you indulge in fine wine she's had stored away for centuries?" Charlotte gave me a challenging grin as she cocked her brow.

"When I let her keep the dress on, yes that sounds about right." I gave a cocky little hum as she whistled at my bravado.

"I like you! Cocky little pup, but you're a good sort I can tell. What's her name?" She asked the question conversationally, and I didn't think before I answered.

I wagged my tail as her face came into my mind while I spoke, "It's Lorelai."

Charlotte had been in the middle of another gulp when she snorted out and began coughing. "L-Lorelai?!" She wiped her jaw and slammed a hand to the table, meeting my eyes squarely. "Tell me she's not a sheep, please tell me she's not-"

"She's a sheep." I lifted my head as I spoke out smugly.

The wolf just shook her head, blinking a few times before she took another sip of her mead. The look on her face said she was choosing her words carefully now. "That's a dangerous one, Ryder... very dangerous."

"I've sparred with her a few times, yeah. She's pretty scary even when she doesn't use her domination tricks."

Charlotte frowned at my words. "You've no idea, I've crossed paths with that one on occasion. I've half the mind to ask where she is these days so I can have a rematch."

"Wait- You and Lorelai have fought?" I tilted my head, ears perking curiously.

"Oh yeah, a couple of times. We've bumped into one another while she was off on her little trips, purging and saving the savage ones. I also look out for the mad ones, the lycanthropes, and mages too. Anything that's pretty much lost its mind and started tearing things up."

"Wait... your goals align, why would you fight then?" I cocked a brow.

"Because I can't stand the bitch and I think the feeling's mutual. We get along like oil and water." Charlotte drummed her fingers on the wood of the table, then slammed the empty tankard down as she yelled back to the barkeep, "More!"

I watched her start on a fresh tankard of mead and shook my head. "I hope this won't uh..."

"Relax, I don't care if you're laying the sheep, maybe some sex will make her lighten up." The wolf sighed out and growled. "Still... you're seeing her, Toroah, and another fox by the smell of you. So much for my plan."

"Your plan?" I frowned at her, feeling more confused by the moment.

"Ah, I was hoping that stupid bunny might scratch my itch since my heat started recently. Funny how the gods like to fuck with you huh? We go into heat still, but we can't even breed, I mean who comes up with this stuff?"

I barked out and awkwardly looked away. "Ah... I- I mean we aren't mutual, Charlotte, you probably still could try your luck. I certainly won't begrudge any of my lovers doing their own things, given my situation."

"Huh... well that's an alright way to look at things. I can respect you're off being a little fox-whore, but not expecting your mates to wait around for their turn." She gave me a nod as I barked out in protest.

"H-Hey... it's not like I'm sleeping around with anything I can get! I love each and every one of them!"

"Oh, I'm sure you do. You don't strike me as a one-night-only kind of dog. You only want to lay things you care about."

My tail fluffed as I gave a nod. "That's right! I don't just want to-"

"So, what do I gotta do to make you care about me, doggy?" Charlotte showed me that grin from earlier and my ears folded, my eyes going wide.

"Wait-" I looked down to see only about a third of my mead was gone. "Yeah, I'm not drunk. Are you-"

"Coming on to you? Yeah of course I am, you obviously know your way around in bed if you can wrangle that bunny and sheep. Not to mention I love a dog that can keep up with me in a fight, even if it wasn't very long. You've got promise as a warrior!" The wolf gave me a hungry growl as she took another pull of mead, but I could tell she wasn't anywhere near being intoxicated.