Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 12

Story Info
Episode 12: Sacrifice.
7.9k words
4.8
1.8k
2
0

Part 12 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader.

I won't lie, this episode is going to be heavy. You've no doubt seen some of the writing on the wall. Like with Hagen and Ra's, there are some characters whose fate you are already clearly aware of, but what of an angel-fox? A figure Lorelai never mentioned, yet held so much love for. Why was he never mentioned in the other tales, yet so relevant to so many?

What of Charlotte? What happened? What went wrong? Rachel and Toroah, a cherished lover, yet never was he mentioned by them. Regardless of whether you've asked these questions to yourself or not, it's time to answer them.

My lovely reader, let's jump right in.

—♥—

Episode 12:

Sacrifice

Happenstance can strike at any time, for any being. Sometimes you can just be in the wrong or right place at the appropriate time. Then there are times you are waylaid with something that feels random to you, but the other party meticulously crafted the whole thing. Think of it like looking at a massive tree, you see this large indomitable figure before you, but you never see the network of roots that keep the whole thing upright.

My teeth clenched as I held my sword in both my hands, standing before a greater demon. Rachel was behind me unconscious, Torah and Ezekiel were bound by unearthly tendrils of shadows. Even Charlotte, Samantha, and Ichiro lay upon the tainted earth in a heap as I stood resolute against a force that had single-handedly brought down the lot of my companions.

"My, my... this is a familiar scenario I find myself in. Why, I'm awash with nostalgia, dear Paladin," The demoness cooed the words, her flesh an odd combination of deep red flesh that blended to crimson fur at her elbows and knees, sporting pawlike hands as well as feet. She had shockingly white hair pulled back in a braid and true to the paws, she sported a slight muzzle upon her face that gave her a cat-like appearance. Along her white locks were pointed red ears and curled horns that jutted out, with a wiry tail hanging behind her.

She had not a stitch of clothing upon her, fully bared before me with perfectly shaped breasts and curvy hips. Midnight black wings spread out from her back as she casually flapped them while holding a large crooked staff in one paw, her footpaws just above the ground.

I looked to Rachel, then Charlotte, finally, my gaze shifted to Toroah and Ezekiel, both of which who had pleaded with me to flee at this point. My teeth snapped as I hissed through them, "You'll rue this day, demon!" I roared the challenge and snapped my wings, launching myself towards her, seeing the mad grin on her muzzle as I brought my sword to bear.

—♥—

Our swords slammed together, grinding hard against one another as I snarled in the slightly taller rabbit's face. Toroah offered me a smirk and moved in to give my lips a quick little peck. I barked at the display, the kiss startling me off balance as he quickly shifted to push the tip of his blade to my chest for a point.

I stepped back with a scowl as I snarled, "Geeze! That's cheating!"

Ezekiel gave a laugh as he held a hand up. "That's one point for the High Commander."

"That hardly should count as a point! He obviously- urf!" I barked out as I felt Toroah clap his hand back against my rear with a pat.

"All's fair in love and war, Ryder," He cooed the words, giving me a loving grin as I gave him a fussy glare in return.

"You two are so great, makes me sometimes wish I didn't have to remain celibate for my position." Ezekiel showed a grin as he collected his own sword to stand before Toroah as I stepped back to be the judge.

"Oh? I'm sure I could get that rule amended if you want to find yourself in the sheets between me and Ryder, Ezekiel," Toroah hummed the words as he rolled his rapier.

The lion perked his ears at the words and scowled, "What? No! I don't look at either of you like that! I just- It would be nice to have what you guys have, you know? It's not about the sex!"

"I know some cute vampires that are into lion's Ezzy!" I barked the words out right as they set their stance, the lion shifting a glare upon me at the words.

"Ha!" Toroah lunged forward, putting his sword tip right at the lion's chest.

Ezekiel roared out and glared at me furiously. "Damn it Ry!"

"That's a point for the High Commander," I snarled out smugly as I moved to swap with the lion. Ezekiel gave me his own fussy glare as we traded again.

—♥—

"I'll pay you back tenfold for all the pain you've caused my loved ones!" I screamed the words as I brought the sword down, the demon showing a wide grin, her eyes looking black as coal as she brought the crooked staff up and though it looked of nothing but wood, it was able to withstand the blow, but I did send her back with the strike.

She snapped her own wings, giving an approving huff before I blurred forward once more, not giving her time to recover. I sent a myriad of strikes and pierces forward, each being deflected or parried before I finally landed a slash against her left shoulder.

She yowled out in fury as the divine blade made her very flesh erupt in flames, the demon-cat falling back several yards, clutching her shoulder. I watched the shadow tendrils fade from Toroah and Ezekiel as they tumbled to the ground. A sigh of relief escaped my throat as they picked themselves up, then my eyes widened as the cat hissed with fury and was on top of me in a blink, her paw outstretched as I saw flames rolling off her claws.

—♥—

"Ryder, do you love me?" The vixen called out while hugging me from behind, both of us fully bared, having just finished making love together in her bed.

"Of course I do, Rachel. I tell you multiple times a day, do you doubt it?" I frowned as I looked over my shoulder, feeling her breasts push into my back as she moved in to kiss the side of my cheek.

"I do not, I just am selfish and enjoy hearing it so often, you know?" She giggled the words as she wagged her brown tail slowly.

Smiling at her, I turned and shifted to my knees, pulling her close as we shared a deep kiss, then I huffed against her lips as we parted. "I love you more with each day... all the centuries with you have done is galvanize the love we've grown throughout the ages..."

Her eyes shifted to gold, her tail wagging harder as she gave me a sad smile. "That makes my heart sing, my love... as if we were destined to be and our love found a way through everything."

I pushed my forehead to hers with a smile, knowing in a way it did. We were in a comfortable spot with the vampires right now, maybe I would push the Seraph to finally reveal what had happened in our mortal lives, perhaps if I could help Sarnai with her madness, these two could reunite as parent and child.

"You look lost in thought..." Rachel pushed a paw to my face as I blinked my eyes open, then gave her a smile.

"I was simply lost in thought about you, thinking about us, and our future." I kissed her forehead a few times, watching that beautiful tail brush the sheets of the bed.

"Whatever may come, I will face it with my head high, so long as you are by my side," Rachel growled the words, giving me a strong gaze.

I pushed my own hand to her cheek, "Always. I'll never leave you, Rachel."

—♥—

My teeth showed in a snarl as I side-stepped the raking claws and plunged my sword straight into the demon's belly. Her eyes widened as I spat out into her face, "Back to the abyss with you, demon!" I kicked her off my sword as she collapsed onto her back, the flames from my divine blade spreading over her whole body as it simply evaporated from sight.

"You okay, Ryder?" Toroah panted the words as he moved over to me, wincing as he rubbed one shoulder, both his wings looking crushed from the tendrils but slowly starting to set themselves.

"Yeah... how are the others?" I glanced back to see Rachel sitting up, Charlotte tending to her, Samantha helping Ichiro to his own feet.

"Everyone's okay, thanks to you Ryder, man that came out of nowhere, you were the only one that had time to react, you've gotten so strong!" Ezekiel spoke the words, pride in his voice as he moved over to me and Toroah, I offered the lion a small smile, wagging my tail at his praises.

—♥—

"Heat talk aside... I'd give you a puppy if you wanted, it if only I could, love." Charlotte huffed the words out, her breath heavy as she sheathed her sword.

I put my own sword away, willing my armor to fade as I gave her a small grin. "Really, Char? You'd actually be okay with it?"

"Damn right I would! But you know, you'd have to put a ring on me and call me wife for it. You could keep your other lovers, but you know..." She pushed a hand to her cheek, offering her other out as if expecting me to have a ring at the ready here and now.

My heart leaped into my throat at the idea of it and I felt my cheeks grow hot. "Damn... that means a lot. I'm not sure if I'd really want kids, but to know you would do all that, go that far... you're a hell of a girl, Char!"

The wolf showed me a grin, wagging her tail as she moved to me, putting a hand to my chest before moving in for a quick kiss. "You're a hell of a guy, Ry... and I love you."

"I love you too, I always will!" I bark the words then grunted as she wrapped her arms tightly around me, burying her face into my hair, taking a deep breath of my scent.

"Gods... I'll never tire of you and your love... Let's stay together forever, Ryder!" She barked the words into my ears and I nodded as I hugged her back, pushing in to give her a quick kiss.

"Always, you have my sword, and my love, my angel." I snarled the words into her ear, feeling her hug me tighter

Charlotte pushed her nose to mine, meeting my eyes as her tail wagged hard. "You have me, my love. Heart and soul, I am yours."

—♥—

A huge sphere of dark energy suddenly appeared above the lot of us. My eyes widened as I felt dizzy and fell to my knee, feeling sick to my stomach. The sheer level of demonic energy pouring off it was so overwhelming I couldn't think straight.

"Pitful! Do you really think such a blow would finish things? Here's a spin on that trick you all use!" The demon was there again, now garbed in plated armor that was still admittedly skimpy but offered enough of a view of her body I could see the large scarred swath of flesh where I had struck her.

One by one everyone else collapsed as the cat showed a malicious grin. "Oh my, it seems the damage you gave me has shortened my allotted time here, Paladin!" She spread her arms as dark tendrils spread forth grappling each and every one of us. "Ha! No matter, no matter... I'll simply drag all of you back into the depths of hell as I go, we'll have a lovely time together!"

My eyes widened as I tried to find my footing, screaming in my mind to will my body to obey, 'Gods! Do something, Ryder! Seraph, do something!' I felt tears rolling down my face as I watched a gate appear seeing Ezekiel and Toroah starting to be pulled in.

"My son, children!"

'Do something, anything! I have to protect them!'

"We- my son, we are sorry, there is nothing-"

'Nothing?! You can do nothing at all?' My teeth grit as I locked my knees, feeling myself tremble to stand, the writhing tendril at my hip shirking back, burning as divine energy poured forth.

"This is all we have, please don't die, my son, our hope. Please endure..."

'Let me die then if it saves them!' I screamed in my mind and shuttered out any more discussion as overwhelming divine energy poured into my very being.

My wings burst forth in glorious gold, radiating light that snuffed the demonic sphere and tendrils as the demon widened her eyes, showing her teeth as if she were elated to see the display.

"You'll have none of them!" I screamed the words as I blurred forward, slashing my blade. The cat sidestepped a few blows, but then I landed a deep gash along her shoulder, she hissed out and clutched it as I began striking and slashing, sending cuts and stabs all over her, shattering armor and even taking one of her legs off.

"Truly... that is the power I came to bear witness to..." She showed me a crooked bloody grin, one of her horns shattered and an ear missing, but she didn't look to be in pain whatsoever.

"Return to the hole you skulked out of!" I hissed out and plunged my sword deep into her belly, hearing her spine sever as her eyes widened with a gasp. "Of course! With what I came for!" She howled out as I suddenly felt a dozen dark tendrils grasp and wrap around me.

"W-what?!" I barked out as my eyes widened, the demon simply fading from sight before me.

"Ryder!" Toroah screamed my name as he blurred forward, I reached my only free arm I had for the rabbit, his fingertips briefly touching my own before I was pulled into the gate and darkness took me.

—♥—

"So, Sarnai and her family are preparing to move to the west, eh?" I spoke out, feeling the sheep pushing to my back, both of us seated on a small cliffside overlooking the straits of Gibraltar.

"Yes, I do hope it will help ease some of the madness in her heart..." Lorelai sighed and put a hand to her chest, looking down upon the crashing waves.

"I've been hesitant to overstep, my love, but- mayhaps you should let me speak to the Seraph. Perhaps... I can find something?" I frowned as I returned to the subject, Lorelai had wanted it to remain a family affair, worried about trusting any of our kind but me and Toroah.

"I-... I am at my wit's end, I have searched for centuries for answers, Ryder... I love my sister, love her in ways I feel I should not, given she is a married fox. I agonize to help her every single day, and yet all my efforts are wasted with each lead I find... I hesitate to agree, but-"

"Say no more, I've kept watch over her for centuries, the Seraph is many things but kind and understanding is at the top of that list. They will help me if they can, I will counsel with them at my next available time to do so. I must look into a minor demonic outbreak when we part, but after that, I will speak with them." I huffed the words and shifted, feeling her do the same as we faced one another.

I stared into her soft brown eyes and she gave me a gentle loving smile, bringing a hand to my face. "It's been so long, yet you still remember the day..."

"Well, it was the day my life changed forever, meeting you was one of my greatest boons, far more than any rank or title, Lorelai." I clasped her hand in mine as we drew closer, the sheep climbing right into my lap to face me.

"Still, to remember the date after all these years..." Lorelai pushed her forehead to mine as we held one another. The ewe pulled back slightly after a few moments and met my eyes before speaking out in a soft matter-of-fact tone, "I love you, my angel-fox."

"I love you, my ewe. Now and always, you will be in my heart." I clasped both her hands in mine, giving her a loving grin.

I could see the tears in her eyes as she frowned, no doubt seeing the ones in mine as well. She closed her eyes as the tears slid down her slightly rounded cheeks and she moved to my chest, hugging me tightly.

I wrapped my arms around my sheep, I wanted time to stop, I just wanted to forget all my obligations and stay like this with her always.

—♥—

Hellfire Obsidian:

A jet black metal often used to create demonic armaments. Like with blessed silver, hellfire obsidian is strengthened beyond the stone's natural durability. Often used by demon aristocracy, it can be considered a foil to the celestial blessed weaponry.

Hellfire obsidian can often be used as powerful foci for magical practitioners as several aristocrats are versed in the ways of dark magicks. It is not uncommon for such weapons to be magically enchanted to look like more mundane counterparts that may be made of wood or steel.

—♥—

"Nugai... Nugai, wake up!"

I furrowed my brow at the oddly familiar name, groaning as I shook my head, coming to as I was face to face with that demon from earlier. I gave a bark and tried to jump back, but my body was frozen in place baring my neck and head. I frowned and looked myself over, I was in a crucifixion position, feet pushed together, arms spread out, but no obvious chains or bindings held me, I simply was pushed to the wall.

Looking around the room briefly I could see a throne below me facing out to a large carpeted chamber, braziers lit with red and black flames of hellfire. The demon-cat gave me an amused if not loving grin, "Welcome home, darling," she cooed the words mockingly as I took stock of my position once more.

"Well, I give you props on keeping it traditional with this pose you have me in, now explain how you know about that name," I growled the words, my ears folding as her coal eyes seemed to flare red for a moment at my calm reply.

"Hm! Still so feisty, I'm glad." She flapped her black wings once to move a few yards away, giving a sultry pose as the armor faded, leaving her bared before me once more, her body now covered in scars, still missing an ear and one horn was still broken.

"Nice figure, but I've got enough lovers, if this was a convoluted proposal, the answer is no." I scoffed and showed her a crooked grin. "A little too scrawny for me anyway, I prefer my girls and boys to have a little more meat on them!"

The cat giggled and flicked her wings as she moved back to me, flapping her wings as she looked into my eyes. "Well, to answer the question, I know all about you, Nugai. I've been planting these little seeds since before you were even Ryder."

I frowned at that and cocked a brow. "Sounds like you need a hobby if all you're doing is fucking with me for the last half of a millennium or something."

"What can I say? My plans to have a Paladin of my very own went awry when I killed the last one, so I told myself, Kalinae, you should just make your own! So, I did!" She giggled as she gave a shrug and another crooked grin.

That had my attention. "Wait, the last Paladin fell in the Crusade, to vampires, not demons."

"That what you think, puppy? Do you believe everything your precious Seraph tells you? Even after knowing they willingly manipulated your loved one's feelings to forget the aforementioned Paladin?"

"I disagreed with their methods, but I see where they were coming from to a degree." I clenched my teeth and rolled my eyes. "I'll humor you, so you mean to tell me, you set that monster upon my village, knowing I'd die and be reborn?"

She hummed at me and put her handpaws on her hips, giving a nod as her breasts gave a perky little bounce right in my face as her wings flapped hard. I folded my ears and snarled at the display. "You see, Nugai. I sensed your love for that vixen, and I could feel the unique warrior spirit the two of you shared. I knew with the right coaxing, you two would ascend, and then I knew that given the nature of you two, you'd lean upon one another, strengthen yourselves. I knew one way or another, I'd have one of you two ascend to the status. Giving that mad little vampire a prod was simple enough, he was already in the area and everything!"