Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I frowned and deep in my heart, felt a little gratitude I didn't talk the Seraph into giving the position to Rachel, now that it had come to this. The demon gave me a knowing smile and shook her head. "How noble! Even now you only think of your loved ones, your soul is so delicious, my love. I'm going to enjoy tainting it."

I showed my teeth in an angry snarl when I realized she was in my very heart. "That is not yours to see!" I hissed the words and brought forth my will as hard as I could and it worked. The cat gave me a pout as I seemingly shut the door on my soul before her.

"Huh... you've some interesting tricks, but I've nothing but time and so do you." She gave me a crooked smirk on her muzzle as she put a paw to her hip. "I can't physically touch you in this realm without permission, ancient accords and rules you know, otherwise I'd probably already be riding you, dark gods below but you look like a good fuck."

I gave her body an appraising look up and down, then met her eyes before spitting right in her face with a growl, "You couldn't handle me, demon-whore and you'd be so lucky!"

The cat hissed as she wiped her face with a paw, glaring at me for a moment, then smiling once more. "Hmph, I should have roughed you up on the mortal plane a little more before I dragged you down, ah well, no matter."

"Could have, should have, would have, huh, bitch?" I perked my ears and snarled. "I'm bored with this, tell you what, you let me down from here I'll forgive your transgression and won't brutally murder you in the name of the higher gods."

Kalinae gave me an amused grin then busted out into a full-on laugh as she flapped her wings a few times and I could even see tears in her eyes from how amused she was by my threat. "Please, stop, you're... oh that's too funny!"

I gave her a furious snarl and she simply folded her arms, making her breasts push forward as she bent a little to accentuate the position. "Settle in doggy, the Seraph isn't sending a rescue party, you and me, we're going to get a nice long bit of time to know one another, I'll eventually have you collared and calling me Mistress, I assure you of that!"

My ears folded as I gave her a smug snort before spitting in her face once more as a response. The cat hissed in anger and licked her chops. "Stupid dog, at least warn me so I can open my mouth first." I rolled my eyes and snorted once more, showing I was done with this exchange for now.

"You see Nugai, I can't touch you, but time, oh time is a much crueler method than any physical means I could provide." She gave me a malicious smirk as she flapped her wings to move back a few feet. "Stay in that state for a while, unmoving, unspeaking, but you won't sleep, you won't age. You'll stay just like that, your mind ever awake, ever in thought but all, alone. We'll see how long it takes for the madness to claim you." She snapped her padded-fingers and it echoed loudly in my ears as my head and neck simply froze like the rest of me, my eyes closing.

There I was, alone with my thoughts. Have you ever laid in bed at night and the room was just deafeningly silent, so quiet you felt like you'd go mad from your own thoughts if you didn't make some noise? That was how I felt right now. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, no sight, no sound, only my mind, and the silence.

'Okay Ryder, this is a mess, but you're a Paladin. You've trained for this for centuries. Meditation, prayer, and faith. The gods and Seraph won't abandon you.'

—♥—

I wasn't sure how much time passed, at this point, it would be hard to tell, it could have been hours it could have been days. I locked myself into a zen-like focus, clearing my mind of all, occasionally offering prayers to the higher gods that my loved ones were safe.

'Oh thank fuck, she finally left the damn chamber, creepy bitch.'

I would have lifted my ears had I been able to as the odd voice filled my mind, 'uh, have I already gone mad?'

'Not quite, it's nice to meet you though. I sensed an old friend and came as soon as I could!' The voice sounded cheerful as it spoke in my mind.

'An old friend? Not sure I follow.'

'I'm talking about the sword at your hip, silly doggy!'

'The sword, old friend? You mean the sword is an old friend?'

'Hey, give the dog a treat, he gets it!' The voice called the words sarcastically.

'Okay, can you explain what's going on? I've had a rough sort of spot lately, so give me a break.'

'Fair enough, my name is Alicia, I think you know what I am, or was as I'm currently roosting in your sword.'

My thoughts came out shocked, 'Wait- The former Paladin?!'

'Mhm... nice to meet you, Ryder, or would you prefer Nugai?'

'Ryder, please, but my friends call me, Ry.'

'I've made a few friends down here over the centuries, I mostly hang out with the incubi and succubi since they can talk to me in their dreams, amongst... other things.'

'That sounds convenient, so you're still alive and sane?'

'Alive is a stretch, I've got no body to return to, I'm a soul and I'm here in the underworld, but, well... okay let me explain. You remember how that bitch said she couldn't physically touch you?'

'Yeah, that's why I kept spitting on her.'

'Ha! That was great by the way... anyhoo... She killed me real good, I mean like, shreds were all that was left, it was a sneak attack, but who cares at this point? Of course, the sword did its thing, but she grabbed my soul in the mortal plane, kind of like how she grabbed you up. See, demons can fully interact with the divine in a neutral realm like that.'

'Does that mean if a demon came to the citadel, we'd be unable to touch them?'

'That's right, you couldn't harm them and they couldn't harm you unless they were there against their will.'

'So in theory, if I got free, I could kill the bitch.'

'Well, in theory, yes. However once you attacked her, she could at that point defend herself, and the whole no touchy rule would be gone, so you know... Keep that in mind.'

'Alright, so she pulled you down here, then what?'

'Then I called her a cunt and stalked off. She couldn't contain me, none of the denizens down here can do shit to me, ha! I'm like a divine pest they just have to put up with. Some of them I give hell too, even helped a few lost souls escape a few times. Oh, I remember how pissed her dad was when I cost him one of his favorite nymphs!'

'She has a dad?'

'Yeah, you're currently the plaything of Kalinae, the first daughter of the big guy himself,'

'Wait... are you telling me... that I'm currently in the lowest level of the nine hells, in the citadel of the lord of the underworld?!'

'Well, yeah, why do you think the Seraph couldn't send someone to get me, and won't for you either?'

'Well, that's disheartening...'

'Hm, it's a rough spot, but I accepted it a long time ago. There's a silver lining though!'

'What's that?'

'I can keep you company! You won't be lonely and neither will I! I might slip out of your brain space to go hang out with one of my incubi or succubi buddies from time to time for a spiritual play date, but other than that.'

'Well, I've been looking for you anyway, so this works out.'

'Really? You were looking for me, Ry?'

'I was, I even had Kazemde from the Circle of Shadows helping me, though I guess that's probably on his son's to-do list these days.'

'Why, Ry? Heh, that rhymes!' The voice chimed out cheerfully.

'Because... it was too sad... I wanted to at least find you so I could help you rest, possibly give Toroah and Ezekiel some closure.'

'Toroah... Ezekiel... they're still alive?'

'They are! Toroah is my erm... uh... boyfriend, Ezekiel is like my brother.'

'Ha! That two-timing bunny! I can't blame him though, it's been nearly a millennium! I guess he can move on by now! Wow, it sounds similar to how it was with me, Ry!'

'... There's something you should know Alicia. The Seraph... they washed over their memories of you. They remember you as the Paladin, but nothing more.'

A long pause, her tone sounding a little softer, '... that is for the best.'

'Do you think so?'

'I lamented the pain I caused them, the agony they no doubt felt at my loss, and I worried if they would survive the war at all without me. The Serph made the right call, no doubt my loss would have demoralized them and the final elder would have prevailed.'

'You're taking this all rather well.'

'You build a certain level of closure after nearly a thousand years of this, Ryder.'

'Well, I'm glad I've at least found you. I'll make sure to get you out of here when I can find a way!'

'Wow, you're optimistic, I've not felt that kind of emotion in a very long time.'

'Yeah, I'll figure it out, just leave it to me, I know Toroah and the rest will find a way!'

'If they remember you...'

Alicia's voice sounded very small in my mind at that statement as I mulled it over for several moments before responding, 'It'll be fine, Alicia.'

'Yes, I will try to be optimistic as well. Besides, now I'll be able to talk shop with a fellow Paladin! We're going to be spending a lot of time together, so let's settle in and get to know one another, Ry!'

'That we are, Alicia... quite a bit of time indeed...'

—♥—

Torpor:

Torpor is often seen in its more mundane fashion as hibernation, where a creature will slow its metabolic functions to conserve energy during the winter months. However, in the paranormal circles, there are a few forms of torpor.

A vampire enters torpor every time they rest for example. Unlike mundane who may struggle to sleep, if the sun has risen a vampire need simply will their body to enter slumber to do so. This isn't to say a vampire cannot become winded or exhausted, collapsing into sleep as a mundane would. Especially if the sun is up and they've just finished something exerting such as sex. A vampire may also enter a meditative state of extended torpor if they need to conserve blood for vast spans of time.

The other form of torpor is that of a magically induced one. Unlike hibernation, the entirety of the body simply ceases to function, entering a frozen state of sorts that won't age or wither. Most recipients of this form simply go into what could be considered a coma. However, there are more insidious versions that force the victim's mind to stay active during the state.

—♥—

"Nugai... Nugai, wake up you stupid dog!" Her voice came to my ears, it sounded so loud after not hearing things physically for so long.

I winced and folded my ears before hissing out, "Will you shut your shrill cock-sucker, you demonic whore?!" I barked the words, my eyes snapping open as I glared at the cat before me, snarling at her smirk.

"Huh... been nearly a year, but you're still just as full of fire, I like that!" She huffed out proudly and I saw she was in her armor, her paws resting on her hips.

"A year..." I tried to process that, then my ears jerked up as I caught a familiar scent on the air.

Kalinae showed me a knowing smirk. "That's right, I wasn't going to torment you again for at least five, but... You've got a visitor!"

My eyes widened as the demon flicked her wings to pull to the side, there she stood below me. I watched her jet-black wings give a heavy flap as she rose to meet me eye to eye. My mouth gapped in shock as I looked over her form, tears already in my eyes as I barked out furiously, "C-Charlotte! Why are you fallen?!"

The wolf frowned and lowered her ears, I saw a few tears roll down her cheeks. "It was, necessary, my love..."

"Necessary? Necessary?!" I screamed as my tears kept flowing, seeing her wings had grown slightly smaller, no doubt having cast aside her archangel position before they turned.

"My love... I've so little time left, but I must play my part as must you." She spoke with resignation in her voice as I clenched my teeth, staring into her blue eyes, they looked paler, more lifeless than I'd ever seen them, as if all the joy in her had been wrung from her very soul.

"Charlotte!" I sobbed out her name, then gasped as she moved in, pushing a hand to my face.

"Ryder, I've made my choices. This moment and your sword are all I can keep of you."

"My-" My ears lifted as I read her lips while she faced me, not even whispering as the words 'I know.' crossed them.

I thought furiously while my vision blurred, 'Alicia, stay in the sword!'

'Is that Charlotte?! Wait- Ryder, what? No way! I can't leave you here alone! You need me!'

'Do as I say! Can you not see what is happening? What she is trying to do? Take your freedom!'

'Ry, but-'

Charlotte pushed her mouth to mine, my eyes wide, both of us with tears flowing as our eyes stared at one another, then hers closed as she whispered against my mouth, "Please, kiss me one more time, one more like we used to..."

I choked back a sob and closed my eyes tightly, returning her kiss, screaming in my mind to the gods to stop this, to save her, I'd give my very soul to see this all righted. She pulled away all too soon, giving me a smile that looked as if she were at peace with her choices.

"I love you," those were the last words I'd ever hear from her as she took my sword and simply turned away, moving through a gate.

"That was so sweet! Oh, gods, it gets me right here!" Kalinae hummed the words and pushed a paw to her crotch.

I felt Alicia's soul depart with the sword, now I was truly alone and I knew from the look in her eyes, my lover went to die. I gave a sobbing hiss as I whispered the words, "Kill you..."

"Beg your pardon, my sweet fox?" Kalinae cooed out as she tilted her head, perking an ear.

"I'll fucking kill you, Kalinae! I swear to both the divine and dark gods, I will fucking end you for this!" I screamed the words as loudly as I could, my eyes burning gold, my sheer rage seeming to make once invisible chains illuminate and shudder as if I'd tear them free.

"That, is what I wanted to see and hear!" She clapped her paws together and I shuddered, clenching my teeth, snarling as the torpor tried to take hold once more. I fought it with all my might, the fires of hate burning in me as the cat cooed into my face, "Feed on that hate, savor it like the kiss from that wolf whom you'll never see again!"

Her words filled my mind and my vision darkened, my body shutting down once more on me, leaving me to my rage and helplessness.

My mental screams and curses lasted who knows how long. The helplessness and rage, the feelings of failing the wolf I loved. It all crushed in on me and I had even given up the one friend I'd made in this personal hell, my only outlet.

I cursed myself, I cursed myself for being too weak, for being selfish, and wishing I'd begged Alicia to stay with me. We had spent nearly a year together, she was ever optimistic, sometimes even flirty with me. I'd even grown to say I loved her after all our time together. It was a relationship not like I'd ever had, as there were no physical earmarks to it, just simple words and emotions.

'You're a weak fool, it's no wonder the gods have abandoned you,' I snarled the words in my mind my self-hate turning darker by the day. Silence filled the void as it always did in response, deafening yet quiet all at the same time.

'Is this a bad time?'

I had imagined conversations with myself many times over this stint, so when a voice filled my head out of the blue, at first I thought I might have just been humoring myself again, then it called out again.

'Hey, is this thing working? Ryder, can you hear me?'

I Gave a mental sigh as I thought out to myself, 'Who is this? Or am I daydreaming again?'

'Ah! How fascinating, it is working!'

'Not that I don't appreciate the diversion from slipping into my own madness, but what the fuck is going on?'

'Ah yes, beg your pardon, I suppose I should start from the beginning. My name is Kazemde.'

'Ah, the son of the former Archmage, I met you once when you were still but a child, okay I guess I'm already mad, there's no reason I'd be talking to you.'

'On the contrary, you're quite resilient, it's been nearly a month since Charlotte was able to give us this little, connection as it were.'

'Charlotte?! Where is she, is she alright?!'

'... Ryder. She came to us seeking you, when we sought out your soul, we found your objective as well. From there we were able to deduce everything.'

'So, she came to save Alicia and, that kiss, it was-'

'Astute as father always said you were! Yes, it was more than a mere token of affection, it was a link to a gem I now hold. Anyone possessing this trinket can speak with you.'

'That's nice, but can you at least tell me how Charlotte and my family fare?'

'Charlotte... is dead, I'm sorry.'

I had already known it in my heart, I wasn't surprised. I knew by the look in her eyes she was going off to die. 'How?'

"She banded with some demons as per her agreement, she lost her life in the ensuing struggle and the celestials found your sword upon her body. We then contacted them shortly after."

'How did she die?'

'We are not privy to that information, forgive me.'

My heart felt a little heavier, a little darker, I had expended so much rage and sorrow over these last weeks though, I couldn't bring myself to mentally yowl in agony right now.

'I am sorry... truly.'

'Thank you, I'm fairly numb right now over the news, but in my heart, I knew it had happened.'

'She fully gave herself for you, told us she owed you her very soul and it was the least she could do.'

'Ha... that sounds like her... To what ends? I know you lot do not work for free.'

'She helped us complete your contract, so by proxy, we had an unfulfilled debt to you. Here is my proposition to you, Paladin. We completed the contract for your love, the soul of the previous Paladin was secured and returned, and the connection with you has been established, join our circle.'

'I'm sorry, what?'

'Magick, my friend. It is a force of will and the mind. You are used to training daily, yes?'

'You propose... to teach me, while I'm trapped here in the lowest level of hell?'

'Correct, you will get companionship to keep you from losing your mind, and you will be training to be a more adept warrior when your time to strike comes. Your body is in torpor, it will not wither or age from lack of training.'

'When my time comes?'

'Charlotte's bargain with the greater fiends. They would not outright release you, but the lord of the underworld is always keen to put his kin to the test, as you're aware.'

'Yes, but what does that have to do with Charlotte?'

'She gets the sword and a final chance to see you, but you also get a brief moment. When the time is right, the binds on you will weaken and you will have a chance to strike upon your captor, when that time comes is anyone's guess, but it is a binding agreement, it will happen.'

'What a wolf... Do you know the fate of my other lovers and friends? Toroah, Rachel, or Lorelai?'

There was silence and I sighed mentally, 'I can guess... Charlotte fell in a gambit to save me, the Seraph no doubt panicked and did the same thing to the others that happened with Alicia to practice damage control, correct?'

'It stands to reason you would have thought all this out. That is the summary Charlotte gave us, yes.'

'How did Charlotte know about my sword and Alicia though?'

'When she turned her back on the gods, the compulsion left her, she was in tears when she came to us, not just for you, but over the loss of Alicia. They were of course dear friends, she knew of what the sword held, and when I told her of your own state, she quickly put the pieces together.'

'So not just for me... she did all this to not only give me a chance but save her long-abandoned friend, gods...'