Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 13

Story Info
Episode 13: Fuck the gods, I’ll do it myself.
11.5k words
4.88
2.7k
2

Part 13 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

That was quite the heavy episode last week, wasn't it? Well, I'm sorry to say you're not out of the woods yet! This episode is also rife with drama, but some more questions will be answered and more added.

There will be better days ahead, I've not turned my back on the fun sexy times, but just bear with me a little longer as I continue to spin this tale, I do hope you will enjoy it and the work I've put into this little world.

Alright, that's enough babbling, I know you've got lots of questions and concerns, so let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 13:

Fuck the gods, I'll do it myself

"My Lady, you are lost in thoughts of him again, aren't you?" Val spoke gently towards me as he approached.

I lifted an ear, then looked down at the streets below while we stood upon the roof of one of the larger buildings within London. "Is it that obvious, brother?"

"It has been over a year, have you received no letters?" I felt the incubus move to me, gently resting a hand on my arm in a bid of comfort, none of his natural sexual pull being brought forth with it.

"I've not, and nary a reply from any of those I've sent," I sighed and turned to look upon my brother, the goat taller than me by well over a head length.

He released my arm and hesitated before speaking out, "Perhaps you should seek to speak with Toroah, are you two not technically seeing one another?"

"He has been growing more distant as our families continue to clash, I think he means to protect me." I pulled from his gaze, putting my hands on my hips, looking out over the cold wet streets of the city, a frown showing. "Yet... something in my soul tells me, that I do not wish to know the truth of matters."

"Fear stills your hand, my Lady?" Val looked surprised as I cut my eyes at him, then gave a nod to his response.

"Even old ones such as I, can feel fear, brother. I will however, charge you with a task." I turned to look the tall lithe goat straight on as he offered a bow at my words.

I showed my teeth as I snarled out the orders, "Dispatch a courier to Toroah, I wish to meet him one month hence, in Seville, where we first met."

"By your command my Lady." Val offered another bow and leaped from the rooftop.

I pushed my hand to my chest, feeling my normally still heart pound. I'd not seen Ryder or that obnoxious wolf in over a year. There had been no contact with the celestials outside of Elias and Sarnai working with Rachel to dispatch one that had gone mad nearly a month past. I hadn't been to the west to catch up but Val had told me about it during this trip.

My brother was no longer my escort these days, I had none. I simply requested his company for a season out of my sheer loneliness. Yes, there was no shame in saying it like that. I'd not seen my angel fox or rabbit in over a year, and council business had kept me busy. Still, his companionship was something I sorely missed now that he had his own house to maintain.

Still, he had his duties and within a week's time, I would be on my own once more. A cold bitter wind kicked up a gale, tossing my heavy braid of hair about behind me as I listened to it whistle and howl in my ears. His scent, the taste of his blood, the love in his eyes, and his gentle voice, it all clawed at my heart as I pushed a hand to my chest. "My angel fox, what has become of you?"

—♥—

True Names:

As one grows older and more powerful, their name itself begins to carry more weight. This can lead to many ramifications for them and others that may be aware of their name.

Uttering a powerful being's true name aloud creates a supernatural tether with them so to speak. The said being does not have to come to you, but they will be capable of such and can easily find you for a time. Other powerful beings will feel the sudden shift of power as well, so saying a true name can also bring others' attention to the speaker.

Summoning a creature usually involves their true name as well, though a summoning spell is more forceful, drawing the being straight to you. One must use extreme caution when doing something such as this, as summoning a being in this manner is considered very offensive.

—♥—

One month later I found myself alone as I walked into the unassuming coffee house right as the sun dipped over the horizon. I saw the regal-looking rabbit sitting there, he seemed nervous but excited to see me.

"Lorelai! It's so good to see you again!" He stood and even pulled the chair at the table to offer me a seat. I smiled at him, feeling my heart ease at his happy face, surely nothing could be awry with Ryder if he were able to show me that stupid grin of his.

Toroah gave me an eager smile and pushed a teacup forward, looking down I could clearly see the liquid within was crimson, not tea. He gave me a knowing wink and I offered him a grin as I collected the drink.

I hadn't had divine blood in over a year now, and I'll admit it hit the spot. I tried to savor it, but I found I simply turned the whole cup up, rushing to get the ambrosia into me. My hands shook a little, making the saucer rattle as I shuddered, licking my lips and trying to calm my pounding heart.

"Shall I pour you another, or shall we slip into the alley and I offer it to you straight from the tap?" The rabbit showed me a loving grin, tilting his head to show a little more of his throat.

I felt myself swallow hard, I could practically hear his pulse in my ears and I'd happily endure the burns for more, but I shook my head to calm myself. "Perhaps later, thank you, truly. That was splendid and thoughtful of you, my... angel-rabbit."

He beamed at the small pet name and leaned forward, staring into my now red eyes. "I was fearful you were cross with me, it's been so long."

"Admittedly, we usually saw one another with Ryder in tow, my sweet." I showed him my own smile, my finger brushing along his hand, the burn felt but I wanted to offer him a small token as he hooked a finger with mine to heal the burn as I spoke.

His look grew distant and I saw him quirk an ear curiously, a frown showing as his head tilted. "Beg your pardon, Lorelai?"

I blinked a few times at his reaction, then cleared my throat. "Did I stutter, Tor? Ryder, we usually would spend time together when he was with us."

The archangel gave me a curious look and cocked a brow as if completely flabbergasted by my words. "Lorelai, are you well?"

"What do you mean, am I well? Do I sound unwell to you, Tor?" I showed my sharp teeth, glaring at him now, feeling my heart start to pound in my ears for some reason, something was unsettling in my stomach and it wasn't the blood.

The rabbit pursed his lips, as if choosing his words, then shook his head as he met my eyes. "Lorelai, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know anyone named, Ryder."

My mouth hung open at the words, I knew how to read someone and they were truthful sounding. My eyes narrowed and I grabbed his robe, hauling him forward as I stood and snarled in his face, "Do not play a fool with me, Toroah! Ryder, your... our lover!"

He gave a shocked grunt as I hauled him forward, the small teacup clattering to the floor, his eyes wide with shock at my bloody teeth snarling upon him. "Lorelai! I seriously have no idea what you're talking about! The only lover I have is you!"

"Are you mad?! You and I, we shared a bed together with him, we-"

Toroah blushed and then grunted as he focused hard on my eyes. "Lore! We've never even kissed, this is the most you have ever touched me!"

I shuddered at his words and pushed him back into his seat. My knees felt weak as I collapsed down into my own chair as well, my fist hitting the table as I snarled. "Are you trying to make a fool of me, Toroah?"

He swallowed hard and shook his head. "Lorelai... we've been seeing one another off and on like this for a while, but we've never done more than hold hands, I never tried to kiss you because-"

"Shut up!" I screamed out as the whole cafe grew silent. I snarled and sent my will across the whole area. "Mind your own!" Everyone snapped back to what they were doing, refusing to look upon me.

I sat there snarling for several moments before looking up at the rabbit with a hiss, "What of Charlotte, what will she tell me if I ask her?"

"Charlotte? I know you knew her, Lorelai, but I wasn't clear on what relationship the two of you had." Toroah frowned, his eyes looking distant.

My eyes widened as I stammered out, "Knew? Had? Toroah, why do you speak of a fellow Archangel in past tense?!"

"Charlotte was a High Bishop, not an Archangel, Lorelai. Also, have you not spoken with Elias and Sarnai? They..." He looked away with a sigh, "Rachel asked them for help about a month past when Charlotte fell, Sarnai killed her."

My eyes widened at the words and I shook my head, that was all I could do was shake my head. How was this possible? Charlotte was a pain in my tail but in the last years, we had formed a kind of rival friendship. I felt my eyes burning both from frustration and fear at the thought of what was going on.

Toroah reached a hand to me. "Lorelai... are you sure you're okay? I'm here if you-"

"Ichiro..." I hissed the name.

He frowned and tilted his head curiously. I gave him a pained glare and shook my head. "You gate back to the citadel, and you tell that dog to get out here in the next five minutes, or I'll go on a rampage and burn every church in Europe down!"

"Lorelai, I don't-"

"Now!" I snarled the words, slamming my hands to the table, my teeth showing and every speck of my will coming with the words. Even an archangel shuddered at my full unfiltered powers and gave a nod, simply fading from sight.

I gave another hiss, grabbing the teapot and throwing it against the wall in a shattering of glass. No one in the cafe looked upon me, they couldn't, I was suppressing the whole area's will at this point to keep their eyes down and not watching.

A few minutes later, Ichiro appeared, the Archangel gave me a sad frown before bracing on his staff as he took a seat on the chair Toroah had been in. "Lorelai... it's been a while."

I met his eyes with a hard glare, then took a deep breath even though I didn't need it. "Do you know why I've summoned you?"

"I've an inclination, yes." The eldest of the angels gave me a sad nod.

"Ryder," I spat the name out and I watched him wince as he cast his eyes downward.

"Explain, now!" I hissed the words my eyes now blood-red.

Ichiro frowned and shook his head. "Lorelai... I am sworn to my word to not-"

"I care not one whit! If you don't tell me, you are dead where you stand as it is, old, friend." I snapped the last of the words, already resting a hand on my shortsword at my hip.

The aged st bernard lifted his ears and I could see the sigils on his dark skin glow slightly as he blinked a few times, I could tell he was having a conversation in his mind and I settled down, waiting on him to finish it. The runes dimmed on his head then he gave a sigh, "The Seraph has allowed me to impart the knowledge to you."

"Then out with it! Where, is, my, fox!" I snarled the words as I shoved my finger into his chest with each pause, feeling it burn with each jab but I cared little at this point.

Ichiro took a deep breath before meeting my eyes directly. He knew I'd accept nothing short of a straight answer and he gave it. "He was imprisoned by a greater demon, no doubt captive deep in the bowels of the underworld."

I put a hand to my mouth, my eyes shuddering in their sockets before I snapped them closed, feeling them burn at the knowledge. My voice came out in a raspy whisper with the next word, "When?"

"A year past, shortly after his visit with you. We were set to deploy, but he insisted upon seeing you before we left, in Ceuta I believe." Ichiro spoke the words solemnly as I nodded.

"And... why have you not attempted to save him? Why is Charlotte dead and Toroah ignorant of his existence?"

"It is quite literally impossible for us to simply travel into the nine hells, Lorelai. If it were, I'd lead the charge myself to get him back!" Ichiro snarled the words and the look in his eyes was one of anger, something I'd rarely seen on him.

"What of the other questions?" I folded my hands upon the table, setting him with an all-business look.

"Charlotte was mad with fury and anguish, she cast her rank away, swore a curse upon the gods, and fell. She then struck some sort of deal with the magi and demons. Toroah, Ezekiel and... Rachel... gods, Rachel... she- I... still remember her mad sorrowful cries as she begged the Seraph..."

Ichiro shuddered and composed himself, wiping his own eyes before setting me with a sorrowful look. "The Seraph shielded their memories, all of the celestial's memories but mine. I must bear the burden of the truth. The failure to protect the Paladin lies with me."

I snarled and gave a nod, trying to calm myself to think rationally. "What of this gambit Charlotte made?"

"We only recently received word from the circle of Shadows, apparently she hatched some sort of scheme to retrieve his sword and the soul of our former Paladin, to what ends I am not sure, and I suppose now we will never know."

"Can you not commune with her soul? Is that not what my sister wishes you to do and has for some time now?" I gave the elderly angel a glare as I brought Sarnai up.

"Sarnai's matter and Charlotte are entirely different, Lorelai. However..." He grimaced and I saw him look away, clearly seeing more tears on his cheeks. "Charlotte's soul is lost to us... it is no longer ours to call forth."

I grit my teeth, eyes widening at the statement. Ryder had told me she said she would give her very soul for him, but I never imagined it would be true. "Gods... she-"

"Yes..." Ichiro rose from the table and gave me a frown. "I've told you everything within my power, all I can say is to seek out the magi circle, they may have more answers."

"I am grateful for this knowledge. One other thing though, why does Toroah not remember... our time together? He and I were together, intimately with Ryder, yet..." I clenched my fist as I frowned, unable to finish the words.

"The Seraph clouded anything to do with Ryder, he no doubt only remembers your personal interactions when Ryder was not involved." Ichiro gave me an apologetic nod.

"Tell Toroah I will call upon him again when I can. Give him my love." I turned and left the angel, pushing out into the cold wet streets and just walking.

I walked through the city and into the outskirts, I walked for over two hours before I was alone in the fields. Falling to my knees I clenched my stomach, feeling like I'd vomit from the twisting pain, my very heart feeling torn from my chest both at the thought of my lover and the fallen angel.

With a wailing cry, I screamed out into the night, tears rolling down my face as I slammed my fists into the ground, again and again. Rage and helplessness crushed my soul as I sobbed. He was always there, always holding me when I needed to cry. No matter how furious I was, he always held me, always had a kind word for me.

I rocked back, sat, and folded my knees to my chest, just sitting there crying to myself for I couldn't say how long. After a time, and with a few hiccuping sobs, I managed to compose myself. I shook my head, wiped my eyes, and moved to my feet.

My sharp canines gleamed in the moonlight as I glared upon the sky, I had prayed during my sobbing, begged the gods to save him, to return him to me, but I knew they wouldn't answer. I rested a hand on the hilt of one of my swords, throwing my other to the sky as I roared out my deceleration, "To hell with the lot of you! You won't help him? You won't help your greatest beacon? Then fuck you!"

I clenched my fist, feeling more tears roll down my cheeks before I turned and stalked away back towards the city. With a final glare to the heavens above, I snarled out, "Fuck the gods, I'll do it myself."

—♥—

Bloodstone Empress:

Within the vampire courts, the head of the council is generally referred to as just that, the head of the council. However, in diplomacy, it's generally accepted that the head is known as the Emperor or Empress. The title is interchangeable but means the same regardless.

Ra's was the acting Emporor of the Bloodstone courts until his fall in the 16th century of the mundane calendar. His successor, Lorelai was one of only two potential candidates with the other being Diana.

Lorelai has acted as Empress to the Bloodstone court to present day, though she largely dislikes the title and rarely insists upon it.

—♥—

"Empress Bloodstone, allow me to offer my condolences, I know Charlotte was a friend." Kazemde folded his gloved hands on the desk, giving me a bow of his head while he sat there.

"Lorelai is fine, Kazemde, let's curb the formalities." I moved to sit in the chair with a frown, then offered a nod of my head in acknowledgment of his words. "She was more a rival with friend qualities. Though, now that all is said and done, I'm surprised just how much her death affected me. Next to Ryder, she was a constant in my life, annoying, but a constant, and an alright sort near the end."

Kazemde reached into his desk and produced a small pearl earring, setting it upon the desk before me. "This is for you."

"An earring?" A cocked a brow as I looked upon it, not reaching for it yet.

Kazemde frowned. "It was Charlotte's, apparently Ryder gave it to her long ago. She said... well, it's best you hear it from her."

"From her? Wait- Isn't she dead?" I blinked slowly at the words.

"It's enchanted, take it and focus your will upon it." He pushed the jewelry closer and I snarled as I picked it up, focusing intently upon it. My ears lifted as her voice entered straight into my mind.

'Lorelai, you're a smart ewe, I know you're going to pick up my trail and so I've left you this. Clear your ears out you dumb lamb and listen up, this won't repeat.' My mouth gapped and I felt my eyes burn to hear her voice again, but I clenched the earring tight in my fist, focusing as to not miss the words to come.

'You no doubt know Ryder's fate by now. Celestials cannot enter the underworld by any known means, only the fallen of us can do such a thing. Alicia's soul will be returned, so I can salvage some sort of hope from this. The magi will do what they can, and you have the only ace I could provide you. I can't elaborate further, but when the time comes you will know.'

I could hear the resignation in her soul through her words as I snarled, feeling tears already coming forth.'You were a pain in the ass, but I never begrudged you and Ry, even kind of thought of you as a sort of buddy, you know? Get him back, and love him twice as much, for me.'

My fist shook with the earring in it as the words ended in my mind. I wiped my face with my free hand, composing myself before looking over upon the Archmage. "I apologize for you seeing me in such an unbecoming way."