Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 19

Story Info
Episode 19: A Paladin Restored.
9.2k words
4.81
1.8k
4

Part 19 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

Things are picking up steam my lovely reader! No turning back, nothing to do but keep pushing forward! Major reveals abound and paths all conjoin into one road! Our humble little bunny... okay she was never very humble, but our bunny from so long ago... She now plays a pivotal role in so many other's fates!

Will discovering her past self have unexpected ramifications though? How will she handle things? Can she even hope to do the things Lorelai is praying she can help with? One thing is for certain and that is, if you know Alice, you know she doesn't take kindly to her loved ones being fucked with.

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 19:

A Paladin Restored

Alice frowned as she put a hand to her hip. "Are you really sure about this, my love?"

"Triallia seemed fully confident in it and she's much more ancient than we are." I gave a shrug as we walked through the house to the foyer.

"Sure, but... Well, the others were able to recall him after you forced them to dig back into their thoughts. Shouldn't that be the same for me? I've tried but can't even remotely recall it," Alice sighed the last of the words as we came to the foyer where Toroah was waiting.

"It may be because it's a past life, not a memory you've experienced in this current existence? That's just my hypothesis on the matter." I cut my eyes up to the rabbit who was giving us both a loving smile. "What do you think, Tor?"

Toroah had clued in on our topic and rubbed at his chin. "Well, past lives memories and the moment of death have always been something that we just couldn't recall unless the greater powers that be willed it. It's probably not the same kind of power as what was used to mask the memories."

"That does make sense. Masking memories would be different from just not having-" Alice perked her ears and seemed to process something as she clenched her fist. "W-wait a sec! Is this going to do something weird to my head? Like... would the past memories override my present ones? Would I forget my current life and such?"

Toroah frowned and shook his head. "No, that's not how it works Alice. You would just 'remember' things, it wouldn't do anything to present you."

"Are you certain of that, Tor? I'll kill your stupid Seraph if they wipe her memories or something." I snarled the threat, clenching my fist as the taller rabbit frowned upon me.

"Lorelai, I swear to you I would not allow something like that to happen to our rabbit." He put a hand to his chest. "Also, please do not be so eager to threaten the most-"

"I'm right here, no need to talk about me like I'm not, you two." Alice pushed between us, laying a hand on each of our chests. "And if your Seraph tried to take the memories of you, or anyone else I love, Toroah... Lorelai will have to get behind me on people ready to kick their ass." She snarled the words, her eyes already glittering red as I felt her energy growing tenser.

"L-Look! I don't think we have to worry about any of that, okay? Let's just go meet with the Seraph, all the other Archangels are already present!" Toroah frowned as he stepped back and summoned the gate.

Alice snorted through her nose before moving to hook her arm around my own. I gave her an approving nod as I poked my nose up and sauntered right through the gate with her on my arm as if proceeding to a ball with my princess.

We once again found ourselves in that nondescript area, though I was more and more convinced these days it was just a large room, not actually a place in the sky somewhere. All of the Archangels were present including my brother Ezekiel.

Gloria's ears perked, tail already wagging as she saw the two of us enter, her eyes shining with adoration for the both of us. I couldn't help but smile at her and Alice did the same. Of course, once Alice realized what had transpired between Gloria and I, one of the first things she did was drag all three of us into bed together.

Several of the angels looked tense though, and I could understand why. This wasn't just about Alice, most of them still had memories of the former Paladin masked, like they had Ryder. Ezekiel was the only one that had fully broken free and that was because he had been turned.

"Welcome back our allies, this is quite an unorthodox meeting to be sure, yet now that you are present and we truly perceive your soul for what it is. It would appear the truth is before us."

"Maybe you should have looked a little harder, maybe I could have been the Paladin and you just never knew." I scoffed and ran my fingers through my bangs in a flourish. The gesture made Alcie giggle and Ezekiel snort out a laugh, all the others present but Gloria just grumbled though.

"Empress Lorelai, it's good to see you again as well." The voice came out sounding flat and unamused.

"So uh... before we do this, am I going to lose my memories or something?" Alice called out, interrupting our banter. It was only fair, this was her moment after all.

"Your memories of your current life will remain intact as Gloria's did, my child."

"Yes, it's an odd sensation, my love, but it simply will feel like you've recalled things suddenly, I have suffered no ill effects from having the memories of both my lives." The retriever gave her a reassuring smile, moving to gently grasp her hand.

I watched the two of them hold hands, thinking back to that time years ago when Gloria first fell. My brother no doubt was as well, I saw the look of regret in his eyes before he averted his gaze, jaw clenching.

"Let us get things underway. This goes without saying, but as to the rest of you, we will be restoring your own memories of the Paladin with this as well, so please brace yourselves for that."

Alice shivered a little, then pulled from Gloria's grasp, standing out on her own as she thrust a hand out. "W-Well, come on then, let's do this!"

I watched her eyes widen, the natural blue in them growing sharper before suddenly shifting to gold. Her outstretched hand clenched in a fist as she closed her eyes, a grimace on her gentle face as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Our daughter, welcome ba-"

"My armor, you have it prepared?" Her eyes opened, red as blood as she spoke the words out coldly.

Just like that, the jeans and shirt seemed to just fade into the silvery-hued sheets of armor as I'd once seen on Ryder. Alice looked it over and frowned, then offered an all too familiar grin as she spoke out, "This won't do, I need the sides to hug my hips more, also add a little window right here in the chest piece to accentuate my cleavage. I'm a temptress, got an image to maintain these days."

I heard the disapproving grunt from the Seraph but the changes were made without any argument. Alice giving more directions until the armor sheets looked fully customized and hugged her small curvy body in a surprisingly sexy way.

"Memories are one thing, but I'm not busting my own ass to practice the sword again. I'll have a halberd this go around, and add some of this to the mix." She nodded to me as I calmly reached into the bag at my side and tossed a large slab of bloodsteel to the ground.

"As you wish, our daugh-"

"Reforge Ryder's sword with some of that too!" She snapped out in a haughty declaration as the Seraph's voice just grunted again and I saw the slab of metal just blink out of sight.

"Hmm... no wings eh?" Alice tapped her chin in thought then shrugged as flames erupted from her back, the hues of them constantly shifting between hellfire and divine, her feet slowly lifting off the ground as she gave the ethereal wings a few awkward flaps.

"How- How is that even possible?!" Ichiro stammered out, his eyes wide.

Alice smirked and willed the wings out of existence, landing on her feet once more. "It's magic, I don't gotta explain shit."

An awkward silence filled the room before she finally sighed and put a hand to her hip. "What? You all not going to rush into my damn arms and tell me how happy you are to see me?!" She glared at the trio of Archangels with an expectant cock of her brow.

"Sister... that really is you in there, isn't it?" Samantha strode over, dropping right to a knee before Alice.

"Yeah, it's me, Sam. You want proof? I'm the one that told you to give it a rest with swords and start slinging around that stupid hammer." Alice showed her sharp teeth in a cocky grin. "Also, maybe I taught your lazy ass everything you knew about using that damn forge."

Her blue eyes widened and Samantha just threw her arms and wings around the rabbit, her teeth gritted, eyes closing as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Gods! A-Alicia...I don't even kno-"

"Hey now... lose the I and A at the end then add an E. Let's stick with Alice these days, okay, Sam?" She cooed the words, moving her fingers through the angel's hair, stroking it lovingly.

Alice gave a snort as she looked up at Ichiro. "You look old as dirt, like always. Were the memories of me masked for you as well?"

Ichiro sighed and shook his head. "Yes, I'm sorry, Alici- Alice."

She grinned and gently pulled from the bovines massive hug. "C'mon Sam, I just got this armor on, don't waterlog it!" Samantha gave a huff as she moved to wipe her face clean of the tears, giving a few nods as I watched her stand and compose herself.

"Sorry I left you to pick up the slack, Ichiro. Wasn't planning to get ripped to shreds, dragged to hell, then reincarnated. I forgot to add it to my daily planner and give you a heads up." Alice hummed the words as she grinned and pushed her hands back behind her head, her little fluff of white tail flicking at the base of one of the armor plates.

Ichiro did something I had never seen him do, he gave an earnest smile. The st bernard nodded as he leaned on the staff. "It's fine, but next time please at least leave a message with my secretary."

Alice gave him an approving grin at the return banter then spun on a heel sauntering right over to Toroah. "And then there's you... Here we are, still together... threads of fate, or some fortune cookie bullshit like that, huh?"

Toroah put a hand over his rosary and shook his head. "I- I want to cry, but I'm also, so very thankful we found one another again, despite it all..."

She grinned and folded her arms. "I hope you realize the wedding is off, Toroah, I'm not the monogamous type these days and apparently neither are you, but you know, I love you and we'll still fuck like bunnies."

Ezekiel gave a disapproving grunt at the banter and Alice showed her teeth in a grin as she looked to the lion. "Ezzy, you son of a bitch!"

The lion was just standing there one moment the next he slammed to the ground with a mighty impact, looking stunned as the rabbit loomed over him, her flaming wings outstretched, feet off the ground as she clenched her fist. "I told you I'd belt you one next time I saw you over that drinking contest!"

Ezekiel snarled and rose to his feet, throwing his own fist out as Alice just smirked and caught it in her smaller palm, the force pushing her back in the air with the movement of the punch.

Me, Rachel, and Gloria just sat there watching the rabbit and lion have a little sparring match. It stood to reason none of us would be part of this little trip down memory lane. Rachel, like Ryder, didn't even enter into the fold until after the Paladin had fallen. After a few moments I cleared my throat loudly, both the lion and rabbit halting what they were doing, each tangled up in a grapple with wide grins on their faces.

"Are you done catching up, my love?" I called out dryly.

Alice and Ezekiel shared a smile before pulling from one another. The rabbit huffed out and walked over to Rachel, cocking a brow as she looked the fox over. "Rachel... this is an interesting situation we find ourselves in... let me ask you a question."

She frowned and straightened her posture a little. "W-What is it, Paladin?"

"Since Ryder is my little headspace boyfriend from ages ago, does that mean you'll get off your high horse about me dating your daughter and let me bang you now?" Alice cooed the words, her eyes shining red as Rachel gave a little awkward bark at the words.

"Alice... is now really the time for that?" I sighed and folded my arms.

"I mean, I'm still a sex demon, even if I'm now a divine scion as well." Alice gave a shrug and smirked. "I've been a clusterfuck of powers and a complete mess from the start, but one thing I've always been is horny."

The Seraph's voice rang out at last, "Our daughter, it is done."

Alice gave an approving snort as the halberd just appeared in her grasp, sized for her smaller body. The rabbit looked it over with a surprisingly astute eye, analyzing the workmanship of it. "Hmph... age hasn't slowed you down, still a hell of a smith. You got my partner's sword as well?"

The longsword just popped into view in its scabbard before her feet. Alice scooped it up in her offhand, tossing it over her shoulder towards me. I caught the divine blade, feeling the overwhelming power from it as I casually clipped it onto my side, now sporting three swords.

"Seraph, I'm none too happy about you pulling this bullshit, hiding my memories from everyone. I get why you did it, but I'm still not thrilled." Alice casually spoke the words while looking the halbert over, giving it a few swings before willing the polearm and her armor out of existence, leaving her fully bared before everyone.

"Oh, right... good thing that wasn't my favorite outfit." She gave a snort and walked over to me with a cocky grin on her face, her perky breasts bouncing as several of the room's occupants just awkwardly averted their eyes.

With an exaggerated sigh, she willed the armor back upon her form and gave a shrug. "Lorelai... I think this goes without saying, but you have my sword, or spear as it were." Alice frowned and rubbed her chin. "Or would it be axe? You have my polearm, how's that? Doesn't sound as cool but whatever."

I giggled at her rambling and moved in, giving her lips a quick kiss, but then Alice snarled and threw her arms around me forcing me into a deeper embrace. I grunted as my eyes widened, feeling the unfiltered divine energy roaring through me, an odd mingling of all the other amalgamations of power the rabbit had as well.

Our tongues rolled against one another as I groaned out at the intensity, then huffed in protest as she broke from me to grab up Gloria, pulling her down and giving her the same. My heart pounded in my chest as I stepped back composing myself as I watched the retriever snarl and growl while kissing her.

The other angels just awkwardly looked away as Alice finished by diving on Toroah next, knocking him to the ground and shoving her mouth to his own as well. I sighed and put a hand on my hip, stomping forward a few paces. "So anyway, Triallia can punch a gate open into the lowest level, now that we have Alice fully rocking her Paladin memories again, she should be able to act as a key."

She pulled back from her makeout session with Toroah, wiping her jaw before climbing off him and helping the other rabbit back up. "Yeah, that's no problem."

"It would appear the time is drawing close at hand, what of our children? Can they join you?"

My head shook as I answered, "Triallia isn't sure on that. Told me to give her a month to talk to her scholars."

Alice showed her sharp teeth as her eyes shifted to gold. "That works out, I've got to talk to Kazemde and Elias. I know of my wolf's gambit somewhat and what she tried to do. I plan to change the rules of the game to suit my desires."

"Your wolf?" I cocked a brow.

Toroah cleared his throat. "Ah, even though Alicia was my fiancee, her and Charlotte were quite close, it was something I didn't make a fuss about..."

I frowned as I looked to Alice. "Ah, so you mean-"

She clenched her fist and snarled as the gold in her vision bled away to red. "Yes... it's beyond personal that my beloved has given herself up for this. However, if I can bend the rules, make prophecies go unfulfilled, the Lord of hell will have no choice but to return her soul as the bargain was unfulfilled."

"What if he refused?" I asked dryly.

Alice showed her teeth in a smarmy grin. "You and I will kill him in cold blood."

"My child, you speak madness!" The Seraph quickly responded as the two of us grinned at one another.

"Madness is not keeping their kind on a short leash. I've met several good ones of their kind, but all the aristocrats are corrupt. Like with the Great Spirits, new ones would take their place. If we have to clean house to get Charlotte's soul back, so be it." Alice shrugged as if it were no big deal.

"And, like it or not, if he refuses the transaction, he'll be exceptionally weak for breaking an oath of agreement," I followed up as Alice gave me a nod.

The Seraph spoke out with a surprisingly stern tone, "You cannot, this would plunge us straight into a war with the entirety of the underworld."

"So be it." Ichiro snarled out as we all looked upon him. "Twice we've had them take a Paladin from us, we've more than enough provocation to declare it. I, like Lorelai, suffered for nearly two centuries with the knowledge of my brother's imprisonment and my own powerlessness to save him."

"I agree. The centuries of suffering Alicia, Ichiro, and Ryder have had to endure? We are more than justified!" Samantha offered her own support of the idea.

"The magi, the lycanthropes... why, with recent events, perhaps even the Faemarch. We stand to create quite the unified front against the demon hoards." Toroah also nodded.

"Seraph! I'll wipe the lords of hell out myself to get what is mine returned to me!" Rachel barked the words out, clenching her fist as she snarled.

"We should summon all our forces back to the citadel and prepare for war then. There is little need to keep them watching our own allies when the real threat needs to be addressed." Gloria gave a nod to Ezekiel who returned her gaze.

"It's true, Seraph. All six of your Archangels stand opposed to your passivity, what will you do?" Ezekiel snarled out the words in challenge.

There was a long heavy silence to follow and I cleared my throat. "Seraph, we are not so different, you and I. We both want what is best for our family. I understand your fears, however, I am not asking you to fling your children against an army of demons. I'm asking for you to be at the ready."

"Please explain, Empress of Bloodstone."

I sneered at the title, but this had become a diplomatic situation so I let it pass. "Simply put, I want the weapon of mass destruction primed and ready. I don't plan to negotiate civilly, I plan to do it at gunpoint. The armies of the nine hells are mighty, but they would be swept clean by a united front of Fae, Lycanthrope, Vampire, Magi, and Celestial."

"I didn't ask. This is happening, period. As the supreme commander of the military, I order all of you to gather your squads and prepare them. Ichiro, provide my brother Ezekiel with a personal squad of knights as well as my sister Gloria. If we have fallen in the greater world, offer them a position within Gloria's unit, allow them the opportunity to redeem themselves. Gather the cadets as well, we will have everything ready to throw at them like we did during the Crusade wars," Alice spoke out the orders, giving each of the Archangels a cold business-like gaze.