Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seraph, the winds of change blow in your face, be sure you don't spit into them," Alice spoke the words pointedly as she simply threw open a gate to the Archmage's chamber of the magi circle. "I go to do my part, I will rally the magi and others, but first I must speak with Ryder."

Like that, she was through the gate and we were left alone. I gave a whistle at how impressive she had been, I found it rather sexy if I'm being truthful. I did enjoy when my rabbit took the reins both in and out of the bedroom.

"So it is." I moved over to Ezkiel and slapped a hand against his arm. "Brother, I will explain things to mother. Stay here for now with your family, be the leader I know you are, the leader Ryder knows you are."

He clasped a hand over mine and nodded. "What will you do sister?"

"I will do my part. I will ready the whole of the Bloodstone court, but I'll hope it doesn't come to that."

The Seraph called out to me, "Lorelai, do you think your people will so readily rally to you, rally to you over celestials in need?"

My ears lifted at the Seraph's words as I showed my teeth with a snarl. "My people trust me, Seraph. They trust I have their best interests at heart, which I do. We count demons amongst our ranks, but the underworld has never attempted to ally with us. It is still a threat to us and has technically struck against one of our most cherished diplomats, a very clear provocation for war."

"It would appear the powers that be, move against our will. We will pray the course our children pursue is the correct one."

"Your holiness. Should we secure Charlotte's soul, must she be returned to the cycle with no memories, or can we not just restore her body?" Ichiro quirked a brow as he leaned against his staff.

"Her body is gone, but we could offer her ascension, should she agree she would be reborn as any new celestial. We could then reawaken her memories as we had just done with the Paladin."

"Well, speaking of Paladins. Why not just make another weapon to store her soul in? Could you not just make her a Paladin posthumously as it were? The weapon will restore her body so long as the soul is intact, isn't that the way it works?" Toroah chimed in, cocking his brow.

"Our son, we do not have an infinite wellspring of power to simply... That is to say there has never been more than..." The Seraph's voice trailed off for a long moment, then finally with a tone of resignation, spoke once more, "Perhaps it is possible, Ryder petitioned her as a Paladin long ago when we first offered him the position, he said she was more befitting of it... Give us time to see if it is possible."

"I think that is the best course of action. Charlotte sacrificed her very soul for him and all of us, if any is worthy of such a title, it would be her." I voiced my own approval, then hissed out as I cut my eyes towards the source of the divinity.

Glaring hard I spoke in deceleration, "I will cast aside my misgivings in their entirety and trust your kind in this time to come. Show me you are half as honorable as you claim to be and you will have the greatest allies you could hope for. Aim a dagger at my back, and know I'll end you myself, not your people, but you, hand of your useless gods." My teeth showed as I spat out the warning, then stepped through the gate to where the Elder awaited me.

—♥—

Elias Blackpaw:

The divine flame; Elias is one of Lorelai's oldest protoges. He weilds divine radiant flames, also known as foxfire that was bestowed upon him from his former sire. The flames Elias draws forth can purify and dispel alike, tearing away magical barriers or hexes if channeled properly.

Elias was an original member of Lorelai's house of Silverpaw but eventually left when he became estranged from his wife Sarnai. He established house Blackpaw with Katrina Blackpaw who would later go on to become his personal mistress along with Alice Blackpaw.

When Elias made amends with his wife, they agreed to share joint leadership of house Blackpaw. He is one of the few of the vampire race that the Celestial council considers an Archvampire. He shares a close bond with Archangel Toroah.

—♥—

With Alice at the Magi Circle.

I sauntered through the gate with a grin on my face, Kazemde giving a startled hiss at my sudden intrusion. "Alice! Goodness, you gave me quite the shock!"

"Sorry, Kaz. I was eager to talk to Ryder and you," I hummed the words, putting a hand on my hip, feeling the smooth clingy plate of armor there, waiting on the barrage of questions that was about to erupt from his mouth.

Kazemde's hood puffed out as his mouth gapped slightly. "A-Alice...?"

"Yes?" I folded my arms, giving him a playful smile.

"Why are you dressed... why do you feel like a Paladin?"

"Normal mundane rabbit turns out to be ancient soul of Paladin after being turned as a vampire, read all about it on page thirty seven of this weeks daily star!" I huff the words out with a dramatic flourish of my hands.

The humor was obviously lost on the cobra as he tried to process it. I scowled and folded my arms, making a mental note to make Kazemde get out more. Finally, he spoke out, "It's true, isn't it? You... there's no mistaking that aura and energy. I feel the same thing when I commune with Ryder."

"It is true and we've got a lot to talk about Kazemde. I'm about to bust hell wide open, literally, not figuratively. Before that though, let me talk to my cellmate boyfriend." I stretched my hand out expectantly as I nodded at the large ruby on his desk.

"O-Oh... well, yes! I was just chatting with Ryder when- wait, boyfriend?" He cocked a brow.

"I spent over a year rooting around in his head, you think I didn't flirt with him and shit? Paladin or not, I'm still me, Kaz. I was spiritually banging incubi and succubi down there for ages, it's no wonder I turned with their traits." I gave a laugh as I sauntered right over and snatched the gem up off the desk, showing my teeth as I spoke out, "S'up?"

There was a long pause before finally, recognition took hold. "... A...licia?"

"Hey lover, how you been?" I gave Kazemde a wave of my hand as I sauntered right out of his office with the gem in tow, making my way through the tower as if I were holding a conversation on my cellphone.

"Alicia! H-How?!"

"That dip-shit Seraph was useless when I got back and I just had a feeling if I went back to mortal-land, I'd figure something out, looks like my hunch was right!"

"It's so... Thank the gods!"

"Thank Lorelai and Triallia instead." I laughed out as some of the mages I passed gave me odd looks, but had obviously seen the gem from time to time. Rumors no doubt abounded about what it was. Then again I was a succubus strutting around in skimpy armor, maybe that was what the looks were all about.

"Triallia? That's the Great Spirit Lorelai told me about. Last I heard she was going to be going to meet with her."

"That's right, love. The short version is, well... she's told you about... Alice, yes?"

"Her lover? Yes, quite a lot actually! I'm thrilled she managed to find love despite everything that's happened. She's mentioned her, Sarnai, and even recently, Gloria."

"Ah, I've been a poor influence on my sheep." I giggled as I hip checked a guest room door open, willing the armor away as I flopped right on the bed naked. "Short version, that's me, Ryder. I'm Alice, I was rocking my former soul the whole time and now I remember it all."

"Gods! That must have been such a shock for you!"

I shrugged as I held the gem to my chest. "Feh... only a little, I was more pissed off than anything else. But hey, I said I'd get it sorted, and here we are. Thanks to Lor and Trilly, I'll be seeing you again, and we've got a lot of things to discuss, we're busting you out real soon, lover-boy."

"Wait, how and when?"

Even I could hear the eagerness in his voice, or thoughts as it were, I couldn't blame him, It had been nearly two centuries now. "That's what we're going to go over, love. I also want you to speak with my master and brother, Elias. He will be playing quite the pivotal role in things to come, but before that."

My eyes sharpened as an edge came to my voice. "Tell me, everything about Charlotte, everything you know of her mentality, the words she spoke to you, and the deal she struck. Even the smallest scrap of information, I need everything."

—♥—

Katrina Blackpaw:

Blood Revenant; Katrina joined house Silverpaw when Elias found her in Germany during the second world war. She was one of only a few vampires born with the gift of Thaumaturgy which allowed her to use her own blood to perform various feats.

When Elias became estranged from Sarnai, Katrina remained with him in the forming of house Blackpaw. Later with Alice's influence, she'd become his lover as well as his wife's. Katrina had deep-seeded feelings for Sarnai Blackpaw from well before, even going so far as to refuse to strike her down in a pivotal moment in the battle for her Master's life.

Katrina Blackpaw branched out her study to the ancient forbidden art of blood magic, blending her unique gift with the cursed magic to become a truly formidable force to be reckoned with. She was able to stand before Triallia alongside her Master when she came to Sarnai's defense. Katrina is brutally powerful and even an equal to Elias in one on one combat.

—♥—

A few weeks later I stepped back into the Faemarch, but not a flowery field, this time my boots landed on well-hewn stone flooring. A rather eccentric throne room spread out before me, in fact it wasn't a room at all. I was literally standing on a path of stone surrounded by dense tangled forest growth that seemed to spiral upwards to an open canopy of foliage that let light beam down right on the throne Triallia was perched upon.

The vines and roots of the area seemed to perfectly coalesce into making natural walls and entry halls that branched out to other sections of the complex. Instead of braziers, large man-sized flowers dotted the area, giving off a soft ambient light that seemed to illuminate the portions of the area the canopy light didn't reach. Of course, we had already confirmed some time ago the Faemarch's sunlight didn't have the effects the light of the mundane realm had on us.

"Welcome to my home, Lorelai. You're only the second from the mundane realms I've allowed to visit my inner sanctum. I'd say to feel privileged, but I know you won't." The vixen showed her rows of sharp teeth in a smug grin, flipping her hair back as she lazily stood from the throne that looked to be made of tangled roots and leaves.

"I can appreciate the hospitality, Triallia, thank you for having me in your home." I took a knee and offered a respectful bow, lowering my head as I spoke the words.

The spirit barked out and put her paws on her hips. "Well, you can be dignified when you wish to be, can't you?"

"Simply put, I strive to uphold a proper representation of our kind when I'm not desperately seeking to protect them or the ones I love." I rose and put my own hand on my hip. "I will of course afford respect and be civil when we are not locked in combat, especially as a guest of your home. I assume I have hospitium while here?"

"Of course you do, that was a given when I invited you." The Ninetails rolled her myriad of tails as she sauntered right over, that same hungry look upon her muzzle she had when we parted. She leaned in close to me and I couldn't help but feel myself lean back slightly as she gave me a huff. "Oh, I recognize that scent... Sarnai gave you a proper send-off, eh?"

"I don't hide my activities, of course, I did have the courtesy to clean up after, but I suppose your scent would be extremely keen." My cheeks still darkened as I glanced away.

"Well, come along, we're going to go to the archives." Triallia stepped back a few paces before turning, her mass of tails rolling along and even I could clearly smell her desires, I also caught Alice's scent on her but it was faint, as if a few days old. My lover had no doubt woken up the spirit's sex drive with her attentions.

Triallia cut her green eyes back towards me, as if silently acknowledging my thoughts on her scent, then stepped a little more to the side so I wasn't walking directly behind her.

We moved through one of the huge archways of tangled foliage and down an oddly lit corridor with small flowers that glowed as the larger ones in the throne room had, keeping the interior constantly bathed in light.

Stepping into the next chamber, I came across a massive sprawling library that seemed to stretch out before me, bookshelves made of gnarled root stretching high into the air with tangled vines that acted as ramps, spiraling upwards multiple stories, not unlike how the magi circle's tower would do. Once again, there was a canopy of leaves that just parted above to shed light fully down all over the interior of the library.

"Gods... If Kazemde were here he'd faint..." I looked around, slowly taking it all in. There had to be millions of books and scrolls in this area. Forgotten knowledge from who knows how long ago.

"Hmm... yes, I had to actually grow a few more floors for it once I took possession of my sibling's collections. That was one of the details to me not just imprisoning them and torturing them for the rest of time." Triallia growled the words and motioned me to follow with a paw as we started up one of the ramps.

We scaled up to the third floor equivalent of the library, all the while various fae spirits flitting about doing their own tasks assigned to them. It was not unlike the magi circle in that regard, scholars doing what scholars did, only now as various creatures out of a fairytale book.

"My lead scholar is a little... eccentric, please bear with her, Lorelai." Triallia sighed the words out, the tone in her voice saying she was already tired at the idea of dealing with her.

My brow rose as we stepped before a centaur or centauress more accurately. Her white and green ears perked up as she sensed our approach and I heard the heavy clop of hooves as she slowly turned to face us. Of course, her lower half was that of an ancient primitive-horse, fur-like hair sporting mostly white with patches of green that streaked through it. Her upper torso sported a thin coat of white fur that shifted to an almost mint-colored green like Triallia's did, but seemed to fade to a soft copper-colored flesh past her navel.

Unlike the fox-spirit, her facial features were much more mundane in appearance, her cheeks round and sunken in just enough to give her dimples. Her sky blue eyes widened at the sight of me as she trotted right over to me, the movement making her very large breasts bounce and sway in the thin leafy-looking top she wore. I mean, I've got a lot going on upstairs, and even then she had several inches to mine.

"Oh, my mistress! Oh... oh! Where have you been all my life, cute sheep!" The centauress clopped around me, circling me like a cat would as I snarled and shifted my hand to my wakizashi. Triallia rolled her eyes as she stepped back a few paces.

"Relax, Lorelai, she's harmless, just has no common courtesy," Triallia grumbled as she folded her arms.

"You're one of those... vampires, correct?" She peered down at me curiously. She had a few feet on me which was no surprise.

My eyes shifted to red as I hissed out through my teeth, "Something like that..."

"You smell good! You wanna mate?" She gave me an eager grin, her tail flicking a few times at her flank as she looked me over like a predator ready to pounce.

"I don't even know you." I spat out and narrowed my eyes.

She tilted her head curiously, her drooped ears lifting. "Eh? What's that got to do with anythi-"

"Erymysios!" Triallia barked out with a growl and the centauress gave a shocked huff and rose back up, her back straightening as she clopped back over to the desk she'd been standing at.

"Apologies, Mistress! I just lose focus when something so lovely passes by!"

"Hmph... I suppose I should be flattered..." I eased my tension as Triallia shook her head.

"Don't humor her, Lorelai. She gets enough attention. I'd know the secrets of the universe by now if she spent half as much time doing her tasks as she did having sex!" Triallia snarled the words while glaring at the centauress.

"Mistress! I work very hard and play very hard, I can't help it if mating is so fun!" She huffed out with a pout.

"Explain the celestial and gate theory to Lorelai, now." Triallia barked the orders and Erymysios gave a quick nod of her head.

The centauress shifted straight into a scholarly tone, "The spatial quantum foam that displaces during regular temporal fluctuations seems to be harmonized with the adjoining wavelength of the destination route. Divine energy signatures would collide with the displacement, leading to reactionary friction of the adjoining entryway."

I blinked a few times then clicked my tongue at Triallia. "Could she give me a summary?"

Erymysios gave an awkward cough as she rubbed the back of her head with a grin. "Sorry! Uhm... angels go in, they get thrown back out. It's not a matter of charging in faster or harder either, it would match their inertia."

With a nod of understanding, I spoke out skeptically, "So how did said angel get dragged into Kalinae's gate then?"

"Given what I know of the situation, I believe the demon used a symbiotic transferal of highly entropic life energy to stabilize the quantum foam dissipation, hence-" Triallia glared at the centauress as she cleared her throat. "Uhm... We'll call it a blood gate for simplicity's sake. She used a special uhm... ritual that used her own uh... life force to create the rift. This is why as she was attacked and injured, her real self sustained some damage, but mostly it just uh... shortened the time she could remain."

"So... by using her own life force, she was able to break the rules, so to speak?" I cocked a brow as I rubbed my chin.

The centauress gave me a bright grin and nodded. "Yes! Also, it's highly likely she sacrificed several other life forces in the process of completion of the gate!"

"So... we can't get angels in without sacrificing others?" I glanced over at Triallia.

"Well, that's not entirely correct, it's just a source of energy, but if you've already got cattle at the slaughter, why not, yes?" The Ninetails tapped a padded-finger to her head. "Think like a demon lord, why prick your finger for blood, when a dozen souls can do the work for you."

I frowned at that and nodded. "So what about occupancy?"

Erymysios perked up and cleared her throat, Triallia giving her a glare before she frowned and composed herself. "Uh... well if we are talking about a 'blood gate', then there is no limit, however, there isn't anything stopping something from coming in from the other side either!"

"Meaning, if I did this, I'd need you to have beings to watch my back while I held the gate, beings able to stand up to Demon Lord level power. Even Kalinae's personal sentries would be comparable to the Lords that reside in the levels above hers. If I have to stop channeling my powers to fight, the gate will close." Triallia gave a nod, elite magi, and vampires?" I gave Triallia a challenging grin as her eyes widened.

The Ninetails frowned as she spoke dryly, "Ah, Alice mentioned something to that extent. Are you hoping my people will join in on this little war you're brewing, Lorelai?"

"As I told the Seraph, I mostly just want to have an ace up my sleeve. You get more with kind words and a gun, than just kind words." I showed the fox a challenging grin. "Not to mention if it did come to it, all of us together would handily route them, I'm sure there would be much to gain from subjucating the losers of the conflict."