Blood & Carrots Ep. 04

Story Info
Episode 4: I am Alice Blackpaw.
10k words
4.8
4.9k
7
0

Part 51 of the 76 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/13/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

Wasn't it nice to watch Alice bond with Alex last episode and learn more about that hunky werewolf? Oh, you were expecting a different kind of bonding? Tut... well, maybe later!

Right now, our bunny has bigger concerns, like not getting her horny ass executed! That's right it's time for her evaluation to see if the council is going to even put up with her. Hopefully, she minds her manners, eh? She's a good bunny, I'm sure it'll go without incident.

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 4:

I am Alice Blackpaw

"The council is the first thing you will face before being welcomed into our court in earnest. It's also the last thing you will see if you break our laws and are brought forth to answer for them." I gritted my teeth as I spoke, pacing through the foyer as you followed behind me like a puppy.

It was early yet and the shades were still drawn tightly. showing cracks of the setting sun bleeding through against the floor and walls. Sensing your apprehension, I gave you a grin. "Peace my sweet, I am in no danger. A brief exposure to a crack of sunlight will do little more than slightly injure me."

Your question reminded me of my own when I was first learning things and I nodded. "Yes, in theory, I could be exposed to the direct sunlight. It would need to be truly fleeting though, and I would not be well off for some time afterward. I would be needing a lot of blood and energy to recover. Perhaps... five seconds of time would be my limit."

"Mm?" My ears lifted and I shook my head. "No my pet. That is not the case for all of us. Like many things, it comes with time and a build-up of willpower. A fledgling could expect a quick and final death. Only the truly ancient of us could hope to walk within the light and even they would pay a price. They would need to be hasty about it to be sure."

The following question was a fair one and I nodded in response. "Yes, I have been exposed a few times. The first was nearly a year into my change. A beam of morning light grazed my foot. It was for just a fraction of a moment, but it left an awful burn that took days to heal."

I saw you wince, then you shifted topics back to the council as we made our way through the house. "What's it like? Well, let me tell you about how my first encounter with them went..."

—♥—

I was told to dress formally, so Katrina found me a blue dress that clung to my body. It showcased my breasts and hips nicely, before flowing out into a lacy satin, that came to my ankles. A white shawl was adorned over my shoulders of silk. She had put my blonde hair up into a bun with two ornate blue hair sticks slid in place to hold it together. I hadn't worn heels in several years so it took me some practice to get used to the modest black pair.

With a nervous sigh, I looked at myself in the mirror, then turned back to Katrina. "Well, how do I look?"

I pursed my lips that were covered in a faint sheen of red lipstick, seeing her reaction and knowing she approved. I could practically smell the black cats desire building.

"You look great, Alice." She spoke the words gently and drew closer, adjusting my hair and checking the sapphire earring hoops in my lifted ears. "Just remember... be yourself and don't panic, okay?"

I gave a nod and felt her come into my arms, pushing her body to my own gently. I embraced her and our lips met. We kissed and I felt the hunger from my cat as her nails dug in against my hips.

"Alice..." She whispered the words against my mouth, pushing her heavy breasts to my own chest and I drew her closer, nails digging into her back. She met my eyes with hers, her own shifting to crimson as she whispered out softly. "Feed on me..."

My ears lifted and I blinked at her, even as my own eyes shifted to match hers. I felt energy starting to tingle at my fingertips, my body responding just on her words alone. "W-what? But why?"

"I want you at full strength, I want you the best you can be for this..." She kissed along my throat and I shivered, feeling each touch of her lips burn against my skin as it left wisps of power in me.

"Kat...I don't want to use you like that..." I whispered the words even as my eyes smoldered red and I felt my body gently siphoning from her reserves.

"You give it to me all the time these days, just do it you dumb rabbit!" She hissed the words and bit her lower lip hard, sinking her tooth into her flesh before shoving her mouth to my own.

My eyes grew wide as I felt her blood trickling into my mouth. I started kissing her fervently, my tongue lashing at her wound, my teeth nipping her lip deeper to make it flow more heavily. We locked in a bloody kiss while I felt my lover pouring her energy into me.

We stayed like that for several heartbeats before I felt I had taken enough and pulled from her arms. Letting out a soft pant, I grabbed her chin and dragged my tongue along her lip, my saliva closing the wound. The black cat flicked her ears and coiled her tail as she panted up at me, the look in her eyes saying she wanted to take me to the floor.

I frowned as I composed myself and kissed her crimson lips gently. The cat grinned and pushed her forehead to my own, reining her own desires in. "You're going to be fine Alice, I will be here waiting for you."

I nodded my head and brushed my fingertips to her cheek with a smile. "Thanks my cat. Knowing you are rooting for me, how can I not do my best?" We stayed like that for a while longer, holding one another with our foreheads pressed together. It was funny to feel so much warmth and comfort only after my life had ended.

I felt a conscious effort of her will as she broke from me and stepped back. The look in her eyes showed she was tired from the embrace and I frowned sadly, knowing what I had done. Katrina seemed to pick up on my thoughts and shook her head. "You didn't enthrall me, it was my choice, Alice... my rabbit."

The grin she showed made my heart leap and I huffed out at the words of possession, lifting my ears. "T-thank you, try to get a drink and rest. I will be back soon, my cat."

She nodded and moved to straighten the creases in my dress from our embrace, then sent me off with a smile as she turned to walk back into our home. I composed myself and focused before turning and walking down the steps to the waiting black car. It looked like something straight out of the nineteen forties.

Elias was there waiting for me with a smile, having seen the whole scene transpire. He opened the door for me and I blushed at the idea of my lord holding the door for me. I moved into the back seat and sat, folding my hands in my lap as the door shut. A moment later he was on the other side of me in the backseat and the driver put the car into motion.

Several minutes passed as we rode in the darkness of the night, the trees and fields slowly giving way to the street lights of the city. I looked over at the fox and cleared my throat before speaking. "So... what should I expect?"

He kept looking straight ahead as he spoke. "You will meet five council members from the region tonight. There will be no meet and greet until after you pass your evaluation."

I gave a nod, feeling a lump in my throat. "Y-yeah... I suppose it makes sense. It would be a waste to introduce themselves if they just kill me."

"You will be fine, my sister." He spoke the words sternly, the will in his voice telling me he expected me to be stronger than this. I nodded at his words and looked forward.

"Back to the matter. All five of the council members, including myself, will ask you a question. You will answer it truthfully and to the best of your ability. There is no wrong answer by the way. They are questions intended to gauge what kind of being you are."

I swallowed hard and nodded my head. I wanted to ask what his question would be in advance, but I felt he would be disappointed in me for such a request. So I kept the words to myself, focusing instead on being strong for him and my family.

—♥—

Eventually, we found ourselves at an old warehouse on the more questionable side of town. I suppose it stood to reason the evaluation wouldn't be held at a posh five-star hotel, given the nature of what it was.

I was escorted to a simple wooden chair and took a seat, folding my hands over my lap. There were four figures sitting before me in the shadows of the warehouse and their sheer presence of will made me feel slightly dizzy. I breathed out slowly with a furrow of my brow, before focusing myself and looking straight ahead.

Elias took the one empty seat to the left and then the lights came on with a loud shuttered clack, as if some large breaker switch had been thrown in the distance. All five of the nobles were seated in regal-looking chairs, not unlike the one in the white fox's office.

"You appear before the council, seeking membership into our court. State your name for the presiding members and the house you wish to be a member of!" The small sheep in the chair next to Elias spoke the words out pointedly, full of authority and will.

My large white ears lifted at the words, the sapphire hoops in them glittering in the light of the warehouse. "Ah..." I clenched my teeth and scowled at my weak response before focusing and speaking out clearly, "My name is Alice and I seek entry into the court as a member of the house of Blackpaw."

"Isn't house Blackpaw already over their allowed family members? This rabbit would make two exceptions," The sheep next to Elias spoke out in question, her wooly flowing hair a soft creamy white color against her faintly tan skin, the thick mass pulled into one large braid. Her eyes were a soft color of brown and her body was curvy in all the right places with a light amount of weight upon her frame. She reminded me of a curvy pinup model from the fifties, looking sexy and full, without being pudgy. I noted she may have been the Bay Area Marquess that had been mentioned previously.

"Our house recently had a rogue member that had to be put down," Elias explained pointedly.

"Be that as it may, Sir Elias. Her admittance to your family would again bring you past what the law allows," The sheep spoke the words sternly and I felt my heart sink in my chest with concern.

"I understand that Lady Lorelai, but please remember one of my family members is an adopted member from the Gnarled Fang clan. He is an important diplomatic link to our current peace with their clan. Furthermore, I find her truly exceptional and I feel she would greatly benefit our court, also, she has already formed a deep bond with my sister, Katrina, I would be remiss to take such a thing from her." I saw Lorelai lift her ears at Katrina's name, then fold her arms in contemplation.

"So you're vouching for her, Elias?" The third member spoke out, this one a bat like Luciano had been, but I could feel by his aura he was not an incubus. He showed his teeth in an amused grin, his dialect sounding more southern. He had no hair to speak of, his dark brown skin blending well to the large black pointed ears and folded wings on his back. "You know reputation is everything in the council, fox. Would you so lightly stake yours upon an unproven rabbit?"

"I would and I do," Elias spoke the words directly and gave me a confident glance. I huffed out, feeling my heart swell, and clenched my fists together in my lap, my small tail flicking about.

"Very well... I have no objections to continuing." The sheep waved a hand in defeat.

The white fox cleared his throat before setting me with a business-like gaze. "Alice, as you have been made aware, you will be asked a question from each of us. You are to answer truthfully, no matter what you may think the consequences are to the answer. Rest assured if any of us at any time feel you are placating your answers to us, your evaluation will end and you will be executed on the spot. Do you understand?"

I swallowed hard and nodded my head. "Yes, my lord."

Elias settled in his chair and peaked his fingertips together before intently gazing upon me. "Some would call our gift a blessing, others a curse. Where do you stand on this?"

My arms folded thoughtfully and I pondered for a moment before looking directly at my master. "I can't give you a definitive answer my lord. On the one hand, I had to give up my mundane family for this. On the other, I have never been more truly happy than I am with you and my new family."

I nodded to myself and rested my hands on my lap. "I suppose my answer is... if I had the chance to do it again, I would. I suppose I do find it to be a blessing, even if it does have some painful strings attached."

Elias nodded and leaned back in his chair. The sheep then fixed me with a look as she leaned forward. "You have power now, rabbit. Power most mundanes would use to their own ends and indeed we are not here to judge you if you choose to do so. However, here is my question... Think back to the worst slight you had when you were mortal. Would you go back now, seek out those that wronged you, and exact vengeance upon them?"

I frowned and thought about the question, flicking my ears. I shook my head and spoke out, "With all due respect Marquess-"

"I am the head of this council and the matriarch of the whole of Bloodstone, Alice. Please do not address me as a Marquess," Lorelai spoke out pointedly. My ears lifted in shock as I processed the words, feeling a shiver roll down my spine.

Lorelai sighed and put her hands on her curvy hips, seeing the shock she had instilled in me. "That's enough, it is not such a grand thing, now your answer if you please?"

I had to jar my brain back into motion before nodding as I answered her as best I could. "I can't answer your question. Perhaps I was blessed in my previous life, but I have no one I can recall that I hold such contempt for."

The sheep frowned at my words and then Elias shifted over to her and spoke something into her ear. The sheep looked at the fox curiously then nodded. "Very well, my brother."

I blinked curiously at the exchange before she fixed her gaze upon me again and folded her hands in her lap. "Let's say you return from this council hearing a full member of your family... You return home and find your sister felled by a hunter of our kind. What would you do?"

The thought twisted my heart and I felt my eyes burn red as I fixed the sheep with a furious gaze. My canines bared as I snarled at the thought of someone hurting her, hurting my cat. "I would hunt them down... I would enthrall them and I would take my time... I would make every waking moment of their life one of agony. Perhaps, if they were truly fortunate, I would end them within a month's time."

She pursed her lips and settled in the chair before the bat leaned forward. He propped his elbows on his knees, flicking his black wings out slightly as he set me with a grin. "You need me to give you a moment to calm down, rabbit?"

I breathed in and out a few times and closed my eyes, clearing the murderous thoughts from my mind before opening them to him, my irises blue once more. "My apologies for wasting your time, Marquis. Please continue."

The bat seemed more amused than anything else at my trying to properly address him and spoke out. "You're aware of our laws of whom can and cannot be hunted. You are on a hunt and feeding when a mundane female catches you in the act."

He sat up and folded his arms over his chest. "She is obvious in her carrying of a child and has a ring on, signifying she is wed. This makes her a prime candidate of whom we do not target. What do you do?"

I pursed my lips and then lifted my ears with a smile. "I would simply enthrall her, then have our family thaumaturgist wipe her memories and return her to society."

The bat gave me a grin and wagged a finger, his wings folding. "I commend your ingenuity rabbit, but this is not a question for common sense answers. Let's say enthralling or calling upon another is not a possibility." He fixes me with a serious look. "Do you break our laws and kill the mundane, or do you let her flee?"

I frowned at the question and felt equally terrible for my answer as I speak out, "I would... kill her."

He cocked an eyebrow at the words. "Why? Do you take our laws so frivolously, rabbit? Do you feel you are above them?"

"No!" I snap out and look away clenching my teeth. "Of course, I wouldn't want to kill her... However, if it came to it. It could bring my family into the light. I will not jeopardize my family for anything, even if I faced execution for breaking our laws, even if I had to murder."

The bat settled back as I looked away and clenched my teeth, feeling anger at myself in my heart, my eyes growing to maroon.

"Rabbit, here is my question." The fourth noble spoke up now, his voice deep, rich, and full of authority. He had remained silent like the fifth one the entire time. He was the biggest of the five and even seemed larger than Alex in his normal wolf form. He had thick brown hair and rounded ears protruding from the curly well-maintained locks. A wiry tail like Katrina's extended out behind him, but a tuft of brown fur heavy at the tip. His skin looked of a brown tan complexion, not as soft as Lorelai's but not the deep brown of the bats.

The lion snarled the words as he spoke. "Think back to your first kill, when you fel-"

"Ah... Marquis, sir? If I may interrupt?" I spoke out politely as I raised a hand.

He didn't like it, I could tell by the look in his eyes he was not happy with my interruption but gave a quick nod. "Yes?"

"I've not killed, sir," I spoke out pointedly as I looked at him with a serious gaze.

"Elias... what is this?" The lion practically roared the words as he leaned over and glared at the fox. My heart twisted and I felt myself growing angry at his disrespect to my lord.

"We wanted her to choose her first kill, not the frenzy to do it for her. She has chosen to not make one yet." The fox spoke the words politely back at the lion before shifting his gaze to him in full. "If she chooses not to at all, we will support her."

"You make a mockery of our ways, fox. You and your whole timid little family!" The Lion snarled the words, standing and tossing the chair he had been sitting on back into the darkness. Elias fixed him with a stern look and opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it.

"You will not address, my Master and family in such a manner!" I had raised from my own chair now and was standing, my teeth bared, my eyes blood red.

The lion turned and stomped over, looking down at me. He was easily twice my size, his amber eyes growing to a red of their own. "You think you can speak to me in such a way, prey?"

"That is enough. Sit down, Harold." The sheep spoke out sternly towards the Lion.

He cut his eyes to the sheep and showed his sharp teeth. "Taking the side of fellow prey, Lorelai?"

Lorelai's mouth gapped and I saw her own eyes turn red as she stood, her own sharp teeth showing. "Prey am I?! Brother, I will show you who is the prey he-"

"No! You look at me, cat! This is between you and me and you will not address my lord, MY master like that, nor MY family!" I hissed the words out and stomped my foot, pushing my will forth.

He felt the push and looked me over before extending his hand towards me. "Cat? I could tear your very soul apart, girl."

"Oh I'm sure you could, but I will not sit here like some timid little flower while you disrespect him and my family. They are mine, they belong to me and I will die for them before I will let anyone harm or disrespect them." That possessive succubus in me was loving this, but I was pretty sure I was going to die, so I just opened the tap up to push my will even harder upon him.