Blood & Carrots Ep. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ah... t-that's... well... I wanted to reward you for helping me, it's some of my own." She hummed the words playfully and wagged her tail.

I wanted to reprimand her, but I was too focused on getting it into me. I turned the mug up drinking it down as fast as I could now, It burned on the way down but I didn't care. With the last gulp, I shivered and lolled my tongue in a soft pant. "Stupid... huff... you lost too much to be giving me yours..."

The retriever smiled at my reaction and shook her head. "We heal quickly and our blood also replenishes rather fast. We mostly need to sleep for it to work though."

"I could get used to this... your blood is like a drug..." I coil my tail before sighing happily, feeling eager and wishing my rabbit or fox were around.

"Oh, w-would you like some more Katrina?" Gloria spoke the words innocently and offered me her wrist.

My mouth gaped slightly at the offer. My common sense said to let it be, but my hunger didn't want any part of it. I quickly snatched the dog's wrist up and shoved my mouth to it. I heard her yip out in pain as my teeth sunk into her flesh, then her whimpers turned to soft pants of pleasure as the euphoria of being fed upon gripped her.

I drank her blood down as quickly as it would fill my mouth, having it fresh like this was unquestionably better. My ears lifted, listening to her pant and whimper in desire while I fed upon her directly.

"T-take... as much as you like, my brave cat..." Her words came to my ears and I flicked them sharply. I wasn't hers and I had no intention of being so, but I was too interested in my drink to retort.

Taking down a few more heavy gulps I reigned myself in and pulled from her wrist, dragging my tongue over her flesh and closing the wound. I shivered and let out a ragged sigh of pleasure, then glanced over at her. The dog was lolling her tongue in a soft pant, her eyes looking dazed.

I took a moment to compose myself before speaking out pointedly. "I'm not your cat..."

Gloria seemed to snap out of her daze and blinked upon me. "Ah... did I say you were?"

"You did..." I blushed and looked away. It wasn't that I didn't find the dog attractive or nice, but I had enough on my plate with Alice and Elias. The only one I would have considered would have been Alex, but she already had a claim to him.

"Oh... Katrina, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to offend you. I was just in a daze..." Gloria whimpered the words and folded her ears.

I blinked at her apology and offered her a smile. "N-no... it's fine... it's nothing personal, I just... Well, I dunno... you're a cute dog and I like you, but not like that... you know?"

Gloria smiled and put her hand to her chest. "I do... and I understand. It would be a challenge for me to bring another into my life now that I have Alice and Alex." The angel lifted her ears and gave me a warm smile. "Oh but... I'm happy to be your friend and companion, Katrina. If you ever need my sword arm, or you just want to hang out, I would enjoy that."

Her words made me grin and I gave her a nod. "That sounds good, I would like to be your friend too. Call upon me if you ever need anything." I licked my lips and shivered. "Also... thank you for the drink... that was amazing..."

Gloria giggled and moved her hand to her chest once more. "Of course... you are welcome to come have a drink with me anytime, just please forgive me if I lose myself and say something odd."

I smiled at her then set her with a serious look. "Does Alice know about what we talked about yesterday? About you being on borrowed time?"

"S-she... somewhat knows... she knows it's a possibility. I brushed it off saying they would understand some taint would be expected and that it would be fine." Gloria rubbed the back of her head and frowned deeply. "However, I've laid with her so much... there is no denying I've been thoroughly corrupted... there will be no explaining it away when the time comes."

"Is there nothing that can be done?" I showed my sharp canines and hissed the words, feeling anger fill me. "Alice won't just stand by and let that happen, neither will Alex... N-neither will I."

Gloria gave me a smile and put a hand to her cheek, her face blushing. "T-thank you. It means the world to know so many care... However, there is nothing to be done for it. All you would do by interfering is jeopardize yourselves."

I hissed and clenched my fist. "I take the bonds of battle seriously. We have fought together side by side. Rest assured if that day comes, I will be by their side in your defense, regardless of the odds."

The dog shook her head and frowned. "I do not deserve the love and support of the three of you. I only pray I do not bring tragedy upon you all and your house..."

"It's not about the family, it's about honor." I rose to my feet and rolled my shoulder.

The celestial rose as well and frowned at me. "Katrina... knowing all of you care is enough, I mean it."

"Knowing my sister... I assume she has already made you give your word to call upon her?" I quirked a brow as I folded my arms.

"Y-yes... I swore I would tell her..." Gloria looked away awkwardly.

"Then know if that time comes, she will not come alone. You have my sword arm... or gun arm as it were." I grinned at the divine dog as my tail coiled and flicked.

She shook her head but smiled. "Thank you... it means the world to me to have such good friends."

I parted with Gloria a few minutes later and made my way back home. On the ride I muddled over things. I thought about my own words of protection and what it might mean to come to odds with celestials. I knew it was foolish, but I would rather stand and die with my rabbit then lose her and my friends.

#

Elias met me at the entrance and we embraced. I purred happily in his arms, feeling his strength as he held me. I could sense his relief and sighed happily, feeling him stroke my tail and ears. "I am happy to have you return safely."

I grinned and pulled from him slightly to look into his eyes. "Yeah, me too. It got dicey for a second there."

The fox gave me a deep frown. "I should have ignored the council business and came with you. Perhaps Gloria would not have suffered injury..."

"Hey, you've got your job, I've got mine." I showed him a confident grin and put my hands on my hips. "Besides... she's no worse for wear, just a little more corruption."

"Corruption?" He asked me curiously. I frowned and recalled everything to him. The talk of her pending fate, my blood mingling with her own as I used thaumaturgy upon her. Even the promise of giving her aid when that time came.

Elias peaked his fingertips in thought while sitting behind his desk. We had moved back to his office while I told him of the previous night's adventure. "This is unsettling..." He sighed the words and shook his head.

"I agree, but you and I both know Alex and Alice would rush to her side with no hesitation." I folded my arms and coiled my tail, flicking it sharply from time to time.

"They would, and you would follow them now?" He looked at me curiously, raising an eyebrow.

I gave him a nod. "I would. I wouldn't let my lover and my best friend leap into the flames alone. I also would not abandon Gloria to an unjust fate. She stood on the field of battle with me, and that is something you know I do not take lightly, my lord."

"Well let us pray it does not co-"

"By the way the dog speaks, it is only a matter of time. There is no running from it either." I threw my hand forward and showed my teeth. "Alice is right in her pursuit of strength and improving herself. The winds of change blow in our face, my Master... my love..."

Elias looked away and folded his ears. "Perhaps so. I simply wish my family to live in peace and happiness. First house Silverpaw, now potentially celestials. Even the attacks on the mundane have ramped up in the last few years."

"Change is harder for us because of our nature, but it comes to every creature regardless." I gave him a nod and sighed. "I wish nothing more than you do my love... I just want to stay here, be happy with you and her..."

The white fox drummed his fingertips on the desk. "I wish to meet this celestial. If three of my house are willing to lay their lives on the line for her, I wish to see what her character is."

"The night is young. I shall call her and we can go back to her now." I withdrew my phone as I spoke.

"Why not bring her here?" Elias asked me curiously.

"She claims her superiors have her bound by a contract, they can seek her out and find her no matter where she goes. That is why she has not come to call in this last year." I frowned as I spoke the words to my master.

The fox gave a nod. "So again she shows her loyalty to our house. She has been shielding us this whole time." Elias pushed from his desk and flicked his large white tail. "Very well... tell this angel I wish to meet with her. We will leave within the half-hour."

"And I just got home too..." I gave him a playful pout as I called the retriever.

#

"I can't believe that Elias of the divine flames is in my home..." The golden-haired dog looked upon the fox in awe, her tail furiously wagging.

I watched my master give the celestial a courteous bow before reaching for her hand. The smaller dog barked out in a soft gasp when he brought her hand to his lips and gave it a gentle kiss. "Thank you for your hospitality and meeting with me, lady Gloria."

"N-no no... to meet a legend such as yourself. Ah... the pleasure is all mine." The dog wagged her tail and pushed her palm to her cheek. I couldn't help but scowl, seeing her blushing at his presence and practically smelling her reaction.

"Cool, well now that those pleasantries are dispersed, why don't we get to business," I hissed the words and moved between the two dogs, giving my fox a fussy look. Elias showed a knowing smile and stepped back.

"R-right..." Gloria frowned and seemed to compose herself. "Why have you come to see me, sir Elias?"

"Why don't we go to an all-night cafe to speak. I do not wish to continually taint your home with my energy, it is not the sort of thing that would be overlooked easily if I linger here. It could even draw unwanted attention." The fox bowed his head politely as he moved for the door.

The retriever nodded and followed along. "Certainly, I know of a quiet place with lots of seating, we should be able to find some privacy."

We found ourselves seated at a small table in a coffee shop in the heart of the city. We had taken a corner far away from the few lingering patrons. The fox spoke out over a small cup of steaming coffee set out before him. "So, my lady tells me you fear that retribution will come to you for being in a relationship with two of my family members?

Gloria frowned at me and I gave her a shrug. She moved her gaze back to the white fox and nodded. "Y-yes... but it was my choice to make, I knew the price that would be paid."

"Even if it were an unfair price?" Elias showed his large sharp canines a little heat showing in his voice.

I could hear the heavy gulp from the dog swallowing the lump in her throat before she spoke out. "Sir Elias, I apologize if I have offended you or your house..."

"You have not raised my ire in any way, knight Gloria. However, like it or not you are now an integral part of my family regardless of what any of us want. Not only my sister, but my brother claims you as their love. My lady here also claims you as her ally and says she will stand in your defense as well."

The fox huffed out, his ears lifting sharply. "I have kept a distance from the celestial court and my family has made every effort to treat your flock with a gentle and protective hand. However, I will not tolerate any hostilities towards my family."

Gloria shook her head and frowned. "This is why it is best to let me reap what I have sown alone, your lordship. I never had any intention of bringing your family into my plight."

"That is an unacceptable scenario. You have shown great loyalty to my court, be it in helping us uphold our own laws, as well as being a source of companionship for my brother and sister." Elias snorted out his nose and folded his arms. "I will not allow it."

I coiled my tail and felt a grin show on my face. I always found these sorts of displays irresistible by my lord. I purred and looked over to Gloria. 'You see, Gloria. This is now a family matter, regardless if you like it or not. You're part of our team, and we don't turn our backs on our allies."

"Rightfully so." Elias barked the words and fixed the angel with a confident stare. "You have me by your side, Knight."

The dog blinked her eyes wide and looked between the two of us speechless. She took several moments to compose herself before looking to Elias and clearing her throat. "T-thank you... but they can follow me to the ends of the earth, you cannot hide me sir El-"

"Can you be turned?" He asked pointedly, drawing a shocked look from me and the smaller dog.

"Uhm... I- I don't... know?" Gloria quivered as she spoke the words uncertainly. "I would assume the divine blood in me would not allow it, b-but... I've been so tainted by Alice, that I question it."

"Elias... you can't be serious..." I hissed the words out, looking my fox over in shock.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It is an act of desperation, but I would imagine if she ceased to be a celestial, her pact would sever, they would be unable to restrain or track her."

"Are you sure about that?" I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"I am not, but I know someone who could find out for us. I will send Alice to the circle to seek the information from Kazemde, he seems to like her and will probably be willing to help."

"Y-you... you take such massive risks for me, why?" Gloria shook her head and frowned while looking between the two of us.

"Because we honor our allies, our friends." I hummed the words and gave the angel a cocky grin.

"That's right. I would be doing a disservice to both my ladies and my brother were I to turn a blind eye. Not to mention the aid and support you have lent my family over the course of this past year. No... we do not act recklessly, we act within the guidelines of honor." The fox showed a proud grin as he spoke.

Gloria clenched her teeth and shivered, shaking her head. "I... I had accepted my fate... but now you come and offer me hope... the very damnable creatures I swore to fight now offer me comfort and asylum when I know even my own family will strike me down..."

"It will be okay, Gloria. We will make sure of it!" I offered her my own proud grin.

"This is how it is. For now, we'll play our cards close to our chest. I will gather what information I can. Know that when the time comes, you will not stand alone, our court values loyalty and honor. You will not stand and die alone." Elias nodded and rose from his seat.

"B-but... lord Elias. I do not doubt your power, but do you think you are enough to stand before the celestial court?" Gloria barked the words out, tears now clearly forming in her eyes.

Elias gave her a gentle smile and moved in to brush her tears away. "I do not... but you underestimate the bonds your lover has made. Alice has developed strong bonds with several of our members and I know at least two other houses that would defend her. Potentially even the circle and one of our most ancient members."

Gloria widened her eyes and blinked up at the fox. "You really think they would all come to her aid like that?"

"Perhaps... perhaps not, but it is a bargaining chip we can levy if needed. Our rabbit is strong, but I think her greatest strength is in her ability to form bonds. She never set out to do such, but she has powerful friends and lovers now." The fox shrugged. "Even if it is just the four of us. You will not stand alone in this." I saw his eyes cast away in thought, pain crossing them before he clenched his fist and gave the celestial a wide grin. "Besides... my ex-wife stood toe to toe with one of your most powerful, I can't let her out do me!"

The smaller dog sighed and nodded her head. "I still feel terrible for drawing all of you into my problem..."

"Stop worrying Gloria. For now, let's just get back to business as usual." I moved a hand to grab hers in a bid of comfort. I felt the dog squeeze my grip and gave her a nod.

Elias took her other hand after sitting back down and also gave her a nod. "She is right, do not let it weigh upon you too heavily. We have the advantage of preparation."

Gloria nodded several times and gave us both a hopeful smile. "Thank you... I will do my best as well. To protect my flock and... to protect my other family's veil."

#

I see you looking upon me while I glance out over the lilies in the water. I lift my ears and fold my arms, giving you a show of my teeth. "What? You wanted lewd stuff and I gave it to you, I even gave you drama and friendship."

You ask about the wolf and I give a shrug. "No... I think it's for the best this way..."

More questions and I show my teeth in irritation, then my ears lift as I see a car pulling down the long spiraling road towards the mansion. "Hmm... well, you will have to field any further questions towards Alice. Come along newbie, let's head back to the house."

"I may spend time with you again later if you wish it, but the rest of the night is mine and hers." I cut my eyes to your eager reply to hear more of my tales and I roll them. "Alright alright... you're kind of cute how curious you are, I can see why she took a shine."

My tail was almost wagging as I saw my rabbit climb from the large black car. I was atop her in a heartbeat and threw my arms around her neck. Alice gasped out as my mouth pushed to her own and I pushed her right back down into the back seat she climbed from.

"Mmph! Ngh... Kat... at least let me get to our room." She giggled the words as I pulled her further into the car and tugged the door shut.

"Park the car in the garage and leave us." I hiss the words to the servant at the wheel. My hands then move to grab my rabbit by the wrists and I pin them down while grinning over her. "Oh how I've longed for you, Alice..."

She giggles and bites her lower lip, her eyes shifting to red, her hips squirming beneath me. "I long for you too, my cat..."

We feel the car slide into the garage and the driver quickly exits and leaves us alone in the back seat. I show my teeth to the rabbit in a hungry grin. "And now you're all mine..."

Alice sighs and blinks up at me, her ears wobbling drunkenly while she nods. "All yours Katrina, my love..."


12