Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 05

Story Info
Episode 5: Captain Silverpaw.
7.8k words
4.79
2.4k
4
0

Part 5 of the 22 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/19/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had my caravel within a year's time, after having frequented the ferries between Ceuta and Cádiz with my brothers, who were eager to assist me in my plan. We finally found one moored in the harbor of Cádiz under the church's flag. The three of us snuck upon the boat under the cover of darkness and with a little creative persuasion from the incubus, we had a willing crew to sail her back to Ceuta.

A month was spent stripping the ship down and repurposing her for what I wanted. We installed only four guns on her, small cannons, two on the port and starboard. Why only two? We weren't mundane and we had a small crew. The years worth of training we had done, easily would account for a lifetime of skill a mundane would have. After all, we didn't even need spyglasses at sea and could see fine in the dark of night. I rarely needed more than one shot to cripple a ship if needed.

Lorelai with some hesitation agreed to let us begin our campaign upon the church. Our wealth was still drastically smaller than it had been in our old home, and this would be a splendid way to rebuild it. Also, thanks to the truce with the celestial's we could prey upon the church for more vengeance without concern of retribution by the divine.

Do not let the fantastic tales of pirates fool you, the hunting was slow and arduous. Sometimes we could go months without seeing a target, especially given we only targeted the church.

One week a month would be spent stalking the straits, the rest of that time was at home, with regular training and education. On some occasions, we even convinced Lorelai to join us. I believe she didn't enjoy that I was more knowledgeable than her in a subject, and so she sought to learn what she could.

The means were always the same, Val would help keep watch with the servants during the day, we would watch at night. When we found a target we would follow from an impossible distance for even a spyglass to see us. Then when the sun was down, we closed in and boarded in the darkness of night.

Of course, no prisoners were taken. We couldn't have word get back about our little raiding party. I did this for the thrill of the hunt and to promote the growth of my family, not for fame. No, Val would convince enough to help us sail the ship back to harbor then they would fall like the rest of their wicked brethren had.

#

I found myself at the bow of my ship, my teeth clenched in an excited grin as we closed upon a carrack in the darkness. We had not seen a prize in months and I was eager for the hunt. The salty wind cut through my long raven-wing hair, making it flow and whip in the air as my tail wagged. "Time for a rude wake-up, you scurvy little bastards." I growled the words excitedly while shouldering my saber.

"You're always so excited, you would think after nearly ten years of this, you would have calmed down." Lorelai smiled as she stood next to me. She had her long wooly hair pulled back into a thick braid, a small silk bandana of blue over her head. She wore a thin chain vest with a heavy jacket of dense leather over it for protection.

My teeth showed as I drew my flintlock pistol in my left hand and gave my lady a hungry grin. "A hundred years won't quench my thirst for retribution. I will claim a score of ships for each sibling we've ever lost to these currs."

"You've been spending too much time with the sailors again, you're starting to talk like them." Elias folded his arms with his own grin, standing next to me with two rapiers at each hip. His hair was in the ponytail he always wore, a similar bandana over his head, holes cut out to let his ears poke through.

I fussed at him and stuck my nose up in the air. "Well one of us has to get into the moment."

"Be that as it may, we should still use caution. Val is not with us and none of these servants are combat-ready. It's going to just be the three of us."

I nodded. "It's a carrack, probably won't have more than around forty upon it."

"Still... we don't see many carracks from the church. Aren't those mostly for the transport of passengers or trading?" Elias asked me, rubbing his chin as he stared at the ship we were only half an hour from.

"Yes, but it flies the church's banner, so they die all the same. I care not if they are soldiers or traders," I snarled the words and tapped my saber on my shoulder impatiently, my tail cutting through the salty air.

Lorelai and Elias shared a look but said nothing. I could see they didn't share my enthusiasm, but I cared little. I would not forgive them, they had taken much from me and I could not forget the look of sorrow upon Lorelai's face, that night I held her in my arms. "Their crimes are too great to count. I will turn the sea red with their blood," I growled the words.

We closed upon the slower larger ship quickly and were within a few minutes of it when the situation changed. I was at the starboard side of the ship waiting for my chance to leap when I felt a sudden but familiar presence I hadn't felt in nearly a decade.

I brandished my saber, my teeth showing in a furious glare as the winged fox landed upon the deck of my ship before me and the rest of the crew. Elias and Lorelai were next to me, weapons drawn in an instant.

"Rachel! We are under a treaty, what are you do-"

"Why are you on my fucking ship!" I cut the sheep off, storming over to the other fox, tail furiously whipping through the air, my saber at the ready.

"Peace, Sarnai. I have come to talk and nothing more." Rachel held her empty hands up placatively and I noted she didn't have her longsword on her.

"I will not hear your treacherous words, angel. Away with you before I cleave your wings off and toss you into the brine!" I spat the words out, holding my saber at the ready.

"Sarnai! That is enough, this may be your ship, but I am still the head of this family!" Lorelai pushed next to us and glared up at me.

I scowled at her words but sheathed my saber. "My apologies..." I turned to the angel and clicked my tongue. "My lady would hear your words, out with them before my patience wears thin."

Rachel furrowed her brow and looked between the two of us, then her eyes widened as Elias joined us. I growled, seeing her eyes wander his form and drew my saber once more. "Mind your eyes, fox... that one is spoken for." I hissed the words and narrowed my eyes at her, her own darting back to mine as I glared.

"We have a ship to claim, say your piece, and move along," Lorelai grumbled the words and folded her arms over her chest.

The divine fox cleared her throat and spoke out pointedly. "That ship is full of nothing but missionaries and a saint bound for the new world. They are unarmed and-"

"They die all the same, I care not if they fall to their knees and beg. They wrought nothing but pain wherever they go, like the rest of their kind." I spat the words out and turned my back to the fox, moving back towards the starboard side of my ship.

"Wait! Lorelai... please, calm her!" Rachel barked the words out towards the sheep.

Lorelai folded her arms once more. "She is the captain of this ship and I will only question her authority if I grossly disagree with her. Their lot has caused me grievous pain at every turn, I have no reason to spare them."

"A trade then!" Rachel called out sharply to me, extending her hand.

I lifted my ears and turned back to her, my heavy boots stomping upon the wet deck of the ship until I was face to face with her. "A trade you say? Very well... return my five siblings to me along with the eight servants we lost to them. Do that, and your saint may go in peace. I will even stop my raids and forgive the loss of the estate they took."

Lorelai gave me a sharp nod of approval at my words and Rachel jerked her gaze away from mine, her teeth clenched. "Sarnai... you know-"

"You are on my ship, you will look upon me eye to eye and refer to me as Captain Silverpaw!" I spat the words into her face, showing my sharp canines.

Rachel shot me a glare and showed her own teeth, her eyes golden now. "You ask an impossible trade, Captain Silverpaw and you know it!"

I felt pride fill my chest at her calling me such and folded my arms. "Then our business is concluded, get off my ship."

"Wait! Surely there is something you want, perhaps knowledge?" Rachel called out to me as I had already turned my back to her.

My ears lifted at her words and she saw she had my attention. I glanced over at her and narrowed my eyes. "You lot deal with the dead frequently... yes?"

"We do... it is not within my jurisdiction of power, but some of the elite and archangels can commune with the fallen directly." Rachel nodded and pressed the issue, seeing she had struck on something with me.

"Find me a monster..." I hissed the words and turned to face her fully once more, sheathing my blade.

"What? Can you explain further?" Rachel folded her arms and frowned.

I gave her a quick and dirty explanation of my past, while we sailed alongside the carrack, ready to board her at any time. I showed her a furious glare as I spoke, "Find the monster that laid my whole tribe low and haunts my nightmares. Tell me of its fate if it is dead, or direct me to its location. You do that, you can keep your ship and it's missionaries."

Rachel rubbed the back of her head and looked away awkwardly. "I can... but it will take time, possibly decades or longer."

"I have nothing but time, celestial, but I am an impatient fox in the moment. Do I have your word or do I set my crew loose on this hapless vessel? Answer me now." I showed my teeth and barked the words.

"Fine! You have my word! I will find this information and-"

"And ten more years of peace!" I spat out the words, adding to my negotiation terms.

She flinched and bit her lower lip. "Sarn- Captain Silverpaw... I do not know if I can-"

"Prepare the boarding lines and ready yourselves, I grow weary of this!" I yelled out to the crew along with Lorelai and Elias. I then turned and stomped away from Rachel, climbing to the side of the starboard edge, grasping a rope in my hand.

"Wait! By the divines wait!" Rachel barked the words and rushed over to the three of us who had already taken up positions. "Fine! You have it! My word upon both, I will make it work, just let them be!"

I showed a snarl and cut my eyes to Lorelai, the sheep giving me a quick nod. I hopped down and yelled out to the crew. "Bring in the sails, give her some distance!"

My arms folded and I frowned as I watched the ship slowly gain distance from us. I took a few minutes to compose myself before cutting my eyes back to the platinum-haired fox. "You have your terms, why are you still on my fucking ship?"

"Thank you for your graciousness." Rachel gave me a deep bow then sprang straight up into the air, her white wings unfurling as she took flight and moved back towards the fleeing carrack.

"Ten more years huh?" Lorelai quirked a brow curiously.

"I would be a poor captain indeed if I only negotiated for myself." I gave my lady a gentle smile and flicked my tail.

"I'm not going to lie... you were wonderful just now, my love. You handled that in such a strong way, I'm lucky to call you mine." Elias spoke to me proudly, his tail wagging like a puppy's would.

I looked between the two of them and smiled. "Of course... a treaty keeps all of our family safe." I gave out a hearty laugh. "And gives me more time to raid their ships!" With a loud bark of order, I called out to the crew of servants. "Full sail! We head for home!"

Pride filled me as we pulled into the harbor. I may have not landed a prize ship, but I gave my family another decade of peace, and perhaps some insight into that incident. Perhaps if I could resolve it, the nightmares would finally leave me and I could rest peacefully in my white foxes arms.

#

The years moved along and though I never heard from Rachel, we did receive a formal notice of our treaty extending. I spent another decade plowing the waterways and building my family's fortune. The small villa had turned into a splendid manor with tracts of land stretching far and wide. I had spent nearly two decades as a bloodthirsty pirate captain, preying upon the church and as our last year of peace began to come to an end, I decided it was time to quit the game.

I enjoyed a year of nothing but home life with my family, reaping the rewards and comforts of decades of work. Even the port had developed nicely thanks to my constant income and protection. However, the mundane powers were becoming more volatile by the day, and I had no wish to become wrapped up in their petty power struggles.

Life was comfortable and stable, but like all things, it did not last. Change is always inevitable and after nearly thirty years of stability, my life once again changed dramatically.

"You called for me my lady?" I spoke the words dutifully as I entered Lorelai's study. I had been told it was official business so I came dressed proper and with the appropriate mindset.

Val and Elias were already there along with the two twins. Lorelai stood from her desk and paced over to the five of us. "Silverpaw has grown and you five are my most trusted friends. I will not lie... I would have given in to my rage and fury long ago after losing our first home, had it not been for your constant support."

Lorelai clicked her tongue and folded her arms behind her back. "With the advent of more ready transportation, the council has come to a decision. The head needs to be dedicated to council affairs first and foremost, not personal family business. I am stepping down as the Marquess of Silverpaw."

All of us were stunned by the words and Elias barked out sharply in protest. "You cannot, my lady. We need you!"

The sheep leveled him with a strong look. "You do not. The five of you are more than capable of keeping this family strong and powerful."

"We've been with you for over a century, Lorelai... I'm not sure we can handle losing you in our day to day..." Val spoke the words while folding his arms, his face showing a deep frown.

"I believe in all of you, my brother." Lorelai gave him a gentle smile.

I simply turned my back and stomped away a few paces, clenching my teeth. "How selfish of you... leaving us to fend for ourselves..." I spat the words out bitterly, feeling my eyes burn.

"I do this for the good of all of you and the council, my sister. Were it left to my own devices I would stay here in our home we built together and live my life peacefully with all of you." Lorelai walked over towards me and I could feel her presence behind me. "The treaty has ended, we need to be ready to deal with the celestial threat once more. All of our clan needs me, not just this house."

"Well, I need you more than they do!" I turned and shouted the words into her face, tears obvious on my cheeks.

The sheep opened her arms and I took a knee, embracing her. I felt her hand on my head, stroking my ears comfortingly. "You will still see me, this isn't goodbye my fox..."

"Lady Lorelai... it's been an honor serving in your name. Know we will both continue our dedication to Silverpaw." Jennifer came to the sheep and bowed respectfully.

"Yes, please do come to call as often as you can." Jeremy bowed as well, the looks on both of their faces saying they were just as upset as the rest of us.

"Who will run the family then?" Elias asked her curiously, all of us shifting our gaze to her at the question.

Lorelai pulled from my arms and moved back to her desk. "It's a bit unorthodox, but I would prefer if the three of you ran it together." The sheep looked between me, the other fox, and the goat. "All of you have the most time and-"

"I refuse," Val spoke out simply and walked over to the desk. "Let me accompany you, my lady. I love my brothers and sisters, but the two foxes can take care of things. I have much to still learn and I would feel better staying by your side as your sword."

"Like fuck you will! If anyone is going with her, it's me!" I spat the words out and showed my teeth, my tail cutting through the air.

"Siblings! Peace... all of you!" Lorelai grumbled at all of us. "Sarnai, would you really abandon your mate to wander around with me for years at a time?"

I showed my teeth and jerked my gaze away, not having processed the scenario she presented. "N-no... I would miss him terribly..."

Lorelai fixed the incubus with a stern look. "I accept your proposal Val, let the foxes have the house. You are not restricted by the night, your aid may be beneficial to me and the council in the future."

The incubus gave her a polite bow, then looked to the four of us remaining. "No hard feelings, I love all of you, but I feel this is the right course of action."

Elias moved to him and they embraced in a tight hug. "I understand brother... come to call at every opportunity."

Val showed his teeth and nodded. "I will... and put a ring on that foxes finger already, she's been waiting over a hundred years for you."

I barked out and glared upon the goat, my cheeks darkening. "We do not-"

"I also wouldn't mind seeing you two take this position as husband and wife," Lorelai spoke the words out to the two of us with a smile.

"We also have talked about things and wondered when you two would make it official." Jeremy showed his teeth in a grin, folding his arms.

I felt the tension of the room shift and focus squarely upon me. I awkwardly averted my eyes from the lot of them. "W-why don't you mind your own- urf!" I barked out as Elias approached me and took a knee right away.

The fox produced a golden band with a large ruby inlaid in it. "I can't help but agree with them... I would be honored to call you wife." Elias spoke the words in a proud tone, his eyes looking wet.

"Y-you! A-all of you planned this from the start?" I snarled and thrashed my tail pushing my palm to my face.

"Well... we weren't expecting the announcement about Lorelai, but yes... we were all five in on it." Jennifer offered me a coy grin.

"What do you say, my love?" He smiled upon me, eyes shining as he stared upon me with adoration.

I clenched my teeth and shook my head furiously, extending my hand to him. "S-silly... it is a foolish question, you already know the answer. Put the ring upon me like you should have done decades ago, I am already yours."

The band slipped upon my marriage finger, marking me as his wife officially and I shook my head again, feeling my eyes grow wet. "This is so embarrassing..." I huff before giving a yip as he stands before me and draws me into his arms, blinking as I felt him push his mouth to my own.

We kissed as husband and wife for the first time, right there in the presence of our closest loved ones. It was a memory I hoped would never leave my heart. My tail thrashed and I wrapped my arms around his neck, drawing him deeper into the kiss and snarling against his lips.

"Okay... okay... get a room you two!" Val called the words out playfully towards us.

We parted the kiss and looked upon them. Lorelai cleared her throat and spoke out gently. "As my last act as Marquess of house Silverpaw, let me officially introduce Elias and Sarnai Silverpaw, husband and wife."

The twins began to clap before Val and Lorelai both joined in. I shook my head and pushed my face to his chest, hiding my dark cheeks as my tail furiously wagged. I felt him embrace me tightly, stroking my ears and hair. "I will love you until the day I die..." His words filled my ears in a soft whisper and I nodded my head several times while hugging him.

#

What can be said from there? Life settled, I and my husband took up our roles as heads of the home. Silverpaw was large and thriving with nearly twenty members in our ranks. We were easily the largest house of the collective council.

The years flowed by and we enjoyed relative peace for the remainder of the sixteenth century of the mundane calendar. A lot had changed both at home and abroad. The world was more connected than ever before, with trade and exploration dotting across the globe.