Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I may have given up being a pirate but sailing never left my heart. I eventually decommissioned my carvel and had a cog custom-built for me. I often took our new ship on trade runs through the Mediterranean, just to keep coin flowing in the family coffers. After all, being an undying vampire doesn't mean bills don't still need to be paid.

One of the highlights was when I and my husband made trips to India to trade and brought back years worth of exotic spices. The trips took over two years to complete, but the income it brought for us lasted several decades.

Speaking of decades, they just whisked by with him. We watched history unfold before our eyes, watching the generations of mundane live and die. They shaped the world and grew stronger with each passing of the torch to the next generation.

I witnessed the brutal wars between them, I saw their advents of steam and industry. I watched gunpowder shape the world as Lorelai had always said it would. I would see the sheep every few years along with Val.

Elias slowly became enchanted with the western world, especially after the Lewis and Clark expeditions. We found ourselves at odds constantly over it all. He wanted to move the family but I was happy in our port of Ceuta. It may have been a Spanish colony now, but it was still home.

We quarreled a lot about the matter, as well as directions to take the family into. The times had found us and I was stubborn and unwilling to change. I wanted my peace and stability, not the tribulations of change.

#

"Sarnai... it's been nearly three centuries. I think you should follow Elias's suggestion and uproot the homestead." Lorelai spoke the words to me while we sat on the balcony of my home, the sun having just dipped over the horizon. The sheep had made a point to visit upon us at least every few years, regardless of how busy the council was.

"We are safe and comfortable, it seems so foolish to move the family when everyone is happy." I grumbled the words while sipping on my hot cup of blood. I had taken to brewing it with black tea from India, finding the addition of flavor pleasing.

"The family is happy, or you are? Many are drawn by the allure of the new world, Sarnai. I have visited the west multiple times as well. Have you ridden upon one of the steam locomotives yet? They have been in service for decades now." Lorelai sipped upon her blood and nodded at the flavor.

"I have not." I looked out upon the docks, the lack of a ship unsettling even though it had been nearly a decade since I had one. Modern ships were plowing the waters with the power of coal and sailing them simply wasn't as appealing to me.

Lorelai smiled, recognizing the forlorn look on my face. "You miss sailing the ocean, don't you?"

"Of course I do, but modern ships are such a bore. They also require highly trained crew and I won't subject my family to more labor over my own interests." I huffed the words and shook my head.

"With the advent of banking, wealth is easier for us to obtain. No need for long arduous trips through the seas." She spoke out conversationally.

"I never found the sea arduous, but that is true. I invested heavily in the East India Company. I even used my own talents to sway and manipulate the flow of some of their trade to further capitalize upon my investments." I poked my nose up into the air with a haughty flick of my tail.

"So the infamous Captain Silverpaw didn't just prey upon the church after all, eh?" Lorelai gave me a knowing grin.

I lifted my ears and gave her my own grin. "What can I say? The slave trade left me with a bad taste in my mouth. As an honorable captain with a sense of justice, I felt it was my duty to intercept a few convoys and free their cargo. Interrupting said routes being of benefit to my investments, was simply a coincidence."

The sheep gave me a knowing smile, then hesitated before asking, "How are your dreams?"

She saw me flinch and I ran my fingers through my hair, fixing her with a tired look. "Lorelai..."

"You can confide in me." She moved to place a hand gently upon my own.

I shook my head and looked out at the rolling ocean in the distance. "I feel it's taking a toll upon me. Each year I feel I'm one step closer to descending into madness. How many times can I dream of my family butchered and torn apart before I finally lose myself?"

"Have you spoken with Elias on this?" She tilted her head curiously.

"I've not... I speak little of the dreams to him. I do not wish to burden him with problems he has no solution to." I showed my teeth in a growl, composing myself and collecting my drink.

Lorelai nodded and pursed her lips. "You never heard from Rachel?"

I shook my head. "She and I have communed a few times over the last few centuries, however, she has made no progress in my request."

The sheep nodded. "I spoke to Toroah on this matter, he told me communion with the dead is a major task and takes the clearance of all the archangels. Rachel no doubt has to really work to gain the information."

"Do you think she means to simply shirk upon her word?" I frowned and stood, moving to rest my hands upon the balcony railing, seeing the wood withered, it would need to be replaced soon.

"No... if she gave her word she will follow through with it in time. I only wish I had a solution for you. I've not forgotten you and I've even begun trying to speak with one of the magi circles to try to find information on your curse." The sheep moved to stand next to me while I stared upon the view.

"I thank you my lady... my friend." I looked upon the landscape and shook my head. "Perhaps Elias is correct. Perhaps it is time we moved on, the travel and change may do my sanity some good."

"I concur. Idle hands are the devil's playthings as the celestials are fond of saying." The sheep gave me a grin, showing her sharp teeth.

"Ha... I've never met beings worthy of being called 'devils' more than they are. How ironic." I shook my head then lifted my ears and felt her hand upon mine while we stood there.

"You have something to say to me, I can sense it. Speak." Her words came to me in a commandment.

I nodded and spoke without thought, "If the madness ever takes me. Please keep my husband safe. Also if I must be put to the sword, I want you to be the one to do it."

The sheep flinched at my words but nodded. "Let us pray it never comes to that. I'm sure we will find a solution... the world is still vast."

With a nod, I clicked my tongue. "Perhaps... I could find my answers in the new world."

"Perhaps... if not it should suffice to be an exciting change. It's a wild untamed country right now. Especially the further west you go. Why one could say... it may be one of the few places one could still live the swashbuckling lifestyle you crave." Lorelai cut her eyes up to me, cocking a brow.

I'm sure she noted the look in my eyes and I gave her a grin. "Mayhaps... there is some merit in change. It wouldn't do me to reject my husband's wishes after all, would it?"

"You are certainly a dutiful wife, my sister." Lorelai gave me a childish grin.

I shared her grin and folded my arms. "Anything interesting with you and Toroah?"

Lorelai shifted her eyes away and shook her head. "He has been... he has been distancing himself. I suspect he thinks he is protecting me... I've tried to talk to him, but he is stubborn and worries about me."

"Tch... men and their egos," I growl the words and roll my eyes.

"Indeed... perhaps I should give up upon them and simply lay with females in the future." The sheep huffed the words playfully and flicked her tail.

We both shared a look and my eyes wandered over her curvy figure for a moment before I averted my gaze. "In truth, I had never considered such things."

She gave me a long calculated look and folded her arms. "Have you never laid with a female, Sarnai?"

I barked at the words and shook my head. "N-no... I've only laid with two males ever, I had never even considered laying with others."

The sheep gave me a shrug and shifted her gaze back towards the crashing waves in the distance. "I actually took a female lover nearly six centuries ago... We are still very close friends, but our love dwindled away."

"She's still around? That's good you two are still on speaking terms." I smiled and felt the tension in the air ease.

"Of course, you have met her. Lived with her even..." She cut her soft brown eyes to my own with a smile.

"Diana?" I lifted my ears, shock in my voice. She gave me a smile and a nod as I rubbed at my chin in thought. "How interesting... how was it?"

"Sarnai... it is rude to gossip about one's lovers, is it not?" Lorelai gave me a playful look before clearing her throat. "She was a very gentle and doting dog. She brought me more pleasure than any male had ever done. That includes both physically and emotionally."

"Laying with a female... how intriguing..." I huffed the words in thought.

"Sister, you are nearly four centuries old. Have you truly never thought about such things?" The sheep gave me an amused smile, her sharp teeth showing.

I frowned at her teasing of me and felt my cheeks darken. Was I narrow minded for not having done so? I shook my head and felt my gaze look over her form once more before clearing my throat. "I have not, it never seemed-"

"There is nothing wrong with that. Do not think I judge you my fox." She spoke the words in a tone of comfort towards me. The sheep stepped from the railing and flicked her tail before returning to her seat. "As with the twins of your house. It is just another form of love, and not every form of love is for every being."

I nodded and returned to my own seat. "I find the prospect interesting, I wouldn't be opposed under the right circumstances. Still... if I am truthful, Elias is more than enough for me. I do not seek the embrace of another other than perhaps you, my lady." I spoke the words while drawing my cup to my lips, taking another sip of my tea-infused blood.

"A confession, my fox?" Lorelai gave me a toothy grin, her naturally drooped ears lifting.

My mind caught up to my words as I blinked a few times. I huffed out and felt my cheeks darken before shaking my head. "N-not that sort of embrace my lady! I mean to say... just that being in your arms, it brings me comfort like being... in his..."

Lorelai blinked at me several times, my rebuttal seeming to just dig my hole deeper. The two of us sat there in awkward silence for several moments. I felt her eyes shift and look my form over, appraising me in a way I had never expected her to do. My heart began to beat heavily despite having no need.

"M-my lady... can we shift to another topic of conversation?" I whispered the words, my gaze darting away, my hips shifting in my seat.

Lorelai pursed her lips as if she did not want to comply with my request. "Perhaps... I never intended to make you feel awkward, let us move on." The last of the words came forth with a push of will, telling me she had resolved her mind and the topic was over, regardless if I wanted it now or not.

"How is Val? It's been nearly five years since he came to call," I asked, eager to shift topics.

"He is now a Marquis and holds a small house in the new world." She sipped upon the last of her drink before setting the empty cup down.

"I think... I'm starting to see why Elias wishes so fervently to go there." I nodded, putting the pieces together.

"They are brothers, beyond the titles of our family. Those two leaned heavily upon one another in the early days." Lorelai sighed and put a hand to her cheek. "Your husband... he has a lot on his soul... I'm sure even now the innocents he claimed weighs upon him."

I nodded and thought about my own victims from the past. Not the deplorable acolytes and their poisoned flock, but of the simple people that happened to be in my path when the hunger was too much. "I can relate to that... I have my share of regretted kills..."

"And that is what keeps you and him from truly being monsters. Remember that feeling, Sarnai... use it as a shield to-"

"Yes yes... I know my lady!" I barked the words and showed her a grin. "I am not a pup anymore. I have lived your advice for centuries now."

"Yet it seems to have gone far too quickly..." She looked off into the distance before rising. "In truth... I long for the days of our family. My foxes, my mice, and my goat..." Lorelai placed a hand to her chest, her head shaking slowly, making her curls bounce gently.

I stared upon her, seeing the beautiful sadness of her face and eyes. My heart pounded like it did with Elias and I bit my lower lip, wanting nothing more than to embrace her in comfort. I did just that, standing before moving and hugging her to my chest. I expected her to protest but she simply pushed herself closer, her forehead resting against the curves of my breasts in my gown her curled horns pushing against my flesh.

"If I am truthful... it is my fox I miss the most..." Lorelai spoke the words in a soft almost weak tone. I hugged her tighter, as her arms moved to embrace me as well.

"I am always here for you, Lorelai. You have my heart and my lo-"

"Do not finish those words." The sheep snapped the command out and I felt her will halt my tongue. She shook her head and pulled from my arms, giving me a level gaze. "Sarnai... I do not want to lose you."

I tilted my head curiously. "Lose me? I'm not going anywhere, my lady."

She folded her arms and shook her head. "Indeed... I wish to keep it that way. You will understand in time." She gave me a sad smile and shifted her gaze towards the ocean.

Despite my age, I didn't understand at the time what she was implying. I simply nodded because her will was absolute and she was not having this discussion with me. It wasn't until years later I realized, it was our relationship she feared to lose, a fear of what would happen if we followed down the path we were starting to tread upon.

#

"You can plainly see the ravages of the war upon this land," I spoke to Elias and the twins as we walked through the streets of the harbor town, making our way to the rail station.

"Indeed, barely a century old and their country turns upon itself. The follies of the mundane never cease to amaze me." Jeremy sighed as he and Jennifer walked hand in hand together.

"Well... we were all mundane once. Let us not roost too highly upon our perch." Elias spoke the words while walking with me, his arm linked with my own.

"I am excited to ride one of these locomotives. I hear they can travel at speeds of a ship, but upon the land." Jennifer called out, the eagerness in her voice evident.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Ha... but at least you can steer a ship. These monstrosities are laid out in a path that cannot deviate, how impractical." My words came out haughty and irritable.

"Yet I sense you are excited to ride it all the same." My fox quipped at me with a smile, his own tail flicking playfully and brushing my own as we walked. I blushed and stuck my nose up, not saying anything as we continued our walk to the station.

#

"This is wondrous!" I barked the words out while pushing up against the glass of the car we rode in. The trees and landscape blurred faster than a horse at full gallop. Even with my enhanced vision, it took me a moment to make out the details. I didn't see how mundane could stare upon it without growing ill.

My husband grabbed my wagging tail at the base and I barked out sharply, my teeth clenching. I shot him a glare, my cheeks dark at his amused grin. "Do not dare mock me, husband!"

Elias showed me a grin and moved in to kiss my lips briefly. "Perish the thought... I find you fetching and beautiful in this moment... I love seeing you with curiosity in your eyes, it's been a long while since I've seen such."

My ears lifted and I glanced around the car interior. "If we were with privacy... I would very much enjoy mating you while we were in motion like this..." I whispered the words as I pushed closer to him, speaking into his ears hotly.

"Ships, carriages, wagons, and now this? I believe you simply enjoy doing it in or upon vehicles, my love." The fox growled the words but I felt his hands wander my hips, grabbing them and drawing me closer.

"Perhaps I do..." I growled and threw my arms around his neck, pushing my mouth to his own in a fervent kiss, earning shocked glances from the few passengers in the viewing car that were still awake.

My husband broke from my hungry kiss and whispered softly into my ears. "I do not sense the energy of any mundane a few cars down... Shall we-"

I didn't wait on his words to finish and grasped his wrist, pulling him in tow with me, quickly fleeing the car to find privacy. We moved down to a storage car with only stacks of luggage and cargo dotting the space. I huffed and flicked my tail sharply while feeling myself grow more eager for him.

"So here while no one is looking?" Elias growled the words and I yipped as I felt his hand paw at my backside, squeezing firmly against my rear.

"No... I want to feel the wind in my hair... I wish to be taken outside." I showed my teeth, my tail furiously wagging and brushing his arm.

The larger fox nodded and quickly scooped me up into his arms. I giggled like a young pup and clung to him while we moved outside of the car. I had never moved so quickly without effort on my own part and our hair whipped about furiously in the gale of the train.

Elias showed me a playful grin and I yelped out in shock as he simply jumped straight up to the roof of the train car and laid me out on my back over the top. I blinked up at him and barked out excitedly, my tail furiously wagging as he moved beneath my dress exposing me to his gaze. My crotch was fully bared with next to no hair growth, my folds obviously wet and eager for him.

I had taken to more thoroughly grooming myself after being introduced to a new razor in Sheffield a few decades back. They called it a safety razor and it worked wondrously after a little practice. I showed my teeth in a haughty grin as Elias parted his pants, his length rigid and eager for me.

"Hurry up, I'm going crazy for you, my husband!" I barked the words out, grinning as he grabbed my legs and spread them, pressing his eager length to my folds.

"Of course, my beautiful wife." He barked the words and I gave him a loud throaty moan, my fingers clawing at the roof of the train car as he pushed deep into me. He didn't waste any time and I gritted my teeth, blinking up at him as I felt him begin to thrust hard straight down into me.

The wind whistled in my ears and my hair whipped about furiously while my body jerked against the rooftop. I lolled my tongue and pressed my palms to his chest, grasping hard at my foxes shirt while he pushed against my core deeply. "Yes, oh yes, Elias... I missed you!"

"You had me twice on the ship ride here." He snarled the words with a playful grin on his face, his hips shoving hard against my own again and again.

I felt myself give in and shuddered hard, my tongue lolling as I looked upon him, my hair a tangled mess while my tail smacked the roof of the car heavily. "Hush and keep going... I can miss you all I want!"

"I love your haughty mouth..." Elias growled the words and I yipped as he grabbed my wrists before he pinned them above my head. My teeth showed in an excited grin, feeling him hold me down while thrusting more intently into me now.

"Of course you do, my husband... ha... fuck me as if you were in a rut!" I barked the words then clenched my teeth and shuddered, letting out a defeated moan as he forced another from me, my legs locking around him tightly.

"I've been in a rut since the day I laid eyes upon you... I will never grow tired of you!" The white fox snarled the words down at me while I panted up at him. The scenery blurred all around us and you could faintly smell the scent of burning coal on the wind from the smokestack a dozen cars up. He pushed violently into me, desperate for his own release while I barked and whimpered with each push.