Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"One can hope..." I growled the words as I pushed from the room, leaving everyone behind as I stepped through the hall. I felt a presence a few moments later but kept walking, moving out to the foyer. Once on the grass outside, I simply leaped upwards onto the roof of the mansion.

As I took a seat facing the city in the distance, I felt Alice move up behind me. "You didn't mean to avoid me did you?"

"Nay, had I wanted that I'd have simply told you to piss off." I patted the rooftop next to me.

Alice took a seat next to me, her shoulder bumping mine before her head laid against me, her long white ears brushing my cheek as we stared into the distance. I eventually slid my arm around her, holding her close, trying to calm the anxiety in my heart and relish this time with her.

"It was pretty bad, huh?" She called out after a few more minutes of silence.

"She damn near killed me, and she wasn't even trying... I was burning at full power and couldn't even keep up with her movements." I sighed and shook my head.

"Were you scared?" She looked at me out of the corner of her eye, sitting up off me.

"Absolutely, but not over her threats towards me or my life. I was terrified of... what would happen to you and my other loved ones." I set my jaw, feeling a chill run down my spine as I recalled her looming over me with her flaming paw in my face. I'd not felt so helpless since I had been a mortal, yet here I was, shaken to my very core.

"Sarnai... it's been a year now. Do you love me?" The rabbit spoke the words as she casually stood from her seat.

"Of course I do Alice. I love all of my family, but especially so for you, Katrina, Elias, and Lorelai. I've told you as such many times," I huffed the words as I looked up at her while she put her hands behind her back, clasping them.

"That fateful night, heck even our first meeting. I felt the way you do now, you know?" She spoke the words, giving me a sad smile.

"You felt overwhelmed by my power?" I tilted my head curiously.

"Maybe not at first, but Lorelai quickly brought me to reality. Even that night we squared off here. I could tell you were holding back some and even then I was no match." She sighed and shook her head, her floppy ears wobbling slightly to the movement.

"I'm not sure I follow, love." I frowned, thinking back to those days.

Alice tapped her finger on her head. "Strength only gets you so far. If you can't win fairly; lie, cheat, and steal. You were a pirate love, isn't this how things worked then?"

I lifted my ears as she continued. "I don't know a lot about ships, but I'm sure yours was small and fast, usually against things that would have sunk it in one volley, yes?"

"Indeed... We didn't brute force them, we outmaneuvered them." I growled the words, rubbing my chin in thought. "You're saying if I can't match her power, out-think her."

"Like chess, think a few moves ahead. She's an ancient creature, you know all too well the older you get, the harder it is to think objectively and outside the box." The rabbit tapped her own nose and gave me a smile.

I set my jaw and gave her a nod. "Yes... know your enemy and all that." I shifted my gaze to the city as I clicked my tongue, "Looks like I've got to make a visit to the magi circle."

Alice pushed to my back and hugged me before speaking out, "You mean we need to make a visit. This isn't your problem alone, love. I'm overdue to see Kazemde anyway."

The grin on my face couldn't help but show as I felt her push her will into me, comforting me and trying to fill me with confidence, but even I could feel her own concerns. I was centuries old and one of the most powerful of our kind, I could only imagine how she felt. Chimera or not, she was young.

My gaze grew distant as it dawned on me. Triallia was specifically seeking out Alice in that attack. I swallowed a lump in my throat and set my jaw, a growl bubbling in my throat. Like hell she'd hurt my rabbit, I swore there at that moment, spirit, god, or whatever she was, she'd not have her way, I'd protect my friends and family, no matter the cost.

—♥—

It was hard to avoid you seeing my injuries or the big how to do of Alex now being turned. You had been with us for nearly half a year and even longer before I sired you, so I decided it was only fair to bring you into the loop of what had transpired. I watched your various expressions as I told you of the ordeal, shock, fear, concern, and then a glint of furious rage in your eyes.

I showed you a small smile as I spoke with amusement, "Ah, like staring into the mirror. That furious rage that now burns in your soul, I can see the flames starting to roll along your clenched fists. You have inherited more than my fires, my child."

My hand rested on your own, squeezing it as I gave a resolute nod. "Rest assured, you are safe with me and I am safe as well." I saw the relief in your eyes as I stared hard into them, giving a nod. I would find a way, I had to find a way, I simply had no other course to sail at this point.

I hope you've enjoyed this week's episode, my dear reader. If you have, I'm thrilled and would love to know it, so please give it a vote and favorite, that will do wonders for my drive. If you really like my stuff, by all means, give me a follow so you can keep up with my releases, that would make my day.