Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 17

Story Info
Episode 17: Threads of Fate.
7.8k words
4.85
2.4k
4
0

Part 17 of the 22 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/19/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to Silverpaw, I strongly recommend starting from episode one to get the best experience.

If you are new to Blood & Carrots as a series, you need to start with the first serial if you want to fully enjoy it, no 'silverpaw' in the title.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Good to see you again my lovely reader.

Well, there is a pretty interesting love triangle forming in the wake of that drama from earlier, now isn't there? Hmm, I wonder how our favorite cat is going to take all this.

Of course, there's also the issue with the angels to attend to. Lots of drama and even more questions needing answered it seems. Our vixen certainly has a full plate these days, doesn't she?

You know what always helps me when my stress levels are up? Fu fu... well maybe I'm thinking too much like a certain rabbit these days. Still, I'm sure our vixen could use a little stress relief, maybe she'll find a creative place to get that.

That's enough rambling from me, let's jump right back in and see how Katrina is doing.

—♥—

Episode 17:

Threads of Fate

"Then you broke her nose? Damn, you're vicious my fox." Katrina showed me an amused grin, her arms folded over her ample chest, black tail curling and flicking.

"She was no worse for wear, it was healed soon enough," I grumbled as I thought back on it. "She certainly broke a few of my ribs in that bear hug of hers, so it was fair."

Katrina gave me an angry scowl that I knew was at the idea of me being hurt. I stepped closer, pushing my forehead to her own, a palm resting on her hip. She blinked into my eyes, those hues of copper and green slightly shimmering to maroon as my scent hit her nose.

"Such a defensive cat... my cat," I growled the words, brushing my lips to hers, seeing her eyes shift fully to red before she closed them and threw her arms around my neck, both of us pushing into a deep kiss.

"Oh!" We heard Gloria call out as she rounded the corner, we had just been standing in the hallway after all. "My apologies, I didn't mean to-"

"You're fine, Gloria," Katrina huffed the words out as she pulled from my grip, her eyes slowly shifting back to their original state.

I gave a controlled growl, my own eyes slowly returning to brown before I met the retriever's blue ones, and gave a smile. "Yes, I was just calming my cat, she was getting angry over me getting a little injured with my meeting with Samantha a few days ago."

"Yes, I was looking for you over that. The archangels have summoned us to return to the citadel, preferably within the hour," Gloria awkwardly spoke the words then gave Katrina an apologetic smile.

Katrina met Gloria's eyes for a long moment, then gave a nod. "That's fine, I'm due to meet with Kazemde soon anyway."

"Oh! Will you be joining us when we go meet with them tomorrow as well, Katrina?" Gloria tilted her head curiously, giving the cat a gentle grin.

"Yeah, I'll be there," She spoke out pointedly, then cut her eyes to me. "Sarnai, are you and Gloria a thing now?"

I frowned at the words and the retriever gave a surprised bark, as if she had been caught sneaking cookies from the jar. Katrina frowned at my reaction and looked over at Gloria as she spoke, "Suppose that's a yes."

"No. We got a little touchy-feely the other night, but we don't know what we are or are not. Near-death experiences together will do that sort of thing." I clicked my tongue as I met Katrina's eyes directly. "We've not had sex or anything, if that's your concern."

My cat shifted her gaze from mine to the retrievers, then put a hand on her hip. "But something is brewing, I can tell. Is Alex in on this?"

Gloria lifted a hand, her tail wagging about nervously. "Ah, Katrina... I wanted to talk to you about this, but now really isn't the best time, we need to-"

"Yeah, you gotta get to the citadel, I know." She looked back at me and cocked a brow. "I'll tell you like I tell Alice, Sarnai. I won't restrain you. I love you, but I won't restrict whom you choose to be with."

"Thank you, Katrina. Know you mean the world to me, come what may." I took my cat's hand as I spoke the words, giving it a gentle kiss.

"Katrina, you are very selfless." Gloria smiled and clasped her rosary gently.

"Hmm... is that what you think, Gloria?" She called out as her palm moved over my cheek, her gaze meeting my own. I could see the tension in her soul over the prospect of what we were discussing.

I gripped her wrist and gave it a kiss. "Katrina, we'll talk about this at length once we're back, all of us."

"All of us? What's there to talk about?" She almost hissed the words and I could feel she was getting more irritable. I could imagine her train of thought, what with Alex and her ignoring their feelings for Gloria, yet here I was, looking primed to do something with them.

Gloria frowned and shook her head as she reached a hand towards her. "Katrina, I've been unfair to you and Alex. No... it's more accurate to say I've been unfair to myself as well. We've fought together many times, you've been at my side at some of my worst moments. I don't want to-"

"Hey! Toroah is bellyaching about holding the gate, I normally find his whining endearing, but can you guys hurry up?" Alice's voice called out from the entryway of the house.

Katrina frowned at both of us, then gave my lips a quick kiss. "Go take care of your business, I'll be around." The cat quickly disengaged from the two of us, as if she knew we'd try to stay and explain things more thoroughly.

I took a deep breath, her scent lingering in my nose before I gave Gloria a nod. "One issue at a time, let's go." She gave me her own nod and we both made our way to Alice.

My head tilted in confusion as I saw my husband standing there with Alice and Toroah. "Darling, why are you here?"

He gave me a smile and then shrugged. "Toroah says I'm involved but that he can't elaborate further than that."

"Interesting..." I growled as I moved over and took his hand in my own, then watched Alice shift to take my other hand, offering me a childish grin.

—♥—

Stepping through the gate we were back in the meeting room, another gate already open on the other side, Samantha and Rachel standing by it. My mother's eyes met my own and she gave a simple nod in greeting.

"Ichiro is on the other side already. I, uh, well this is only the second time I've met with the Seraph, so just... try to be respectful, okay?" The bovine frowned as she looked upon the three of us, as if pleading for us to do as she said.

I gave a haughty smirk as I tilted my head, "I'll try my best, so long as they don't get mouthy with me," I hummed the words as I started walking, pulling both my lovers along, leaving the other angels in the room shocked as I strode right through the gate.

Keeping a dignified air was my goal, I had no intention of acting like my people were lesser or inferior before any of the celestials, certainly not one of such high standing. That being said, it was hard to describe what we walked into.

Imagine stepping out into the sky and feeling it was solid beneath your feet, but also feeling devoid of any sort of tangible surface, that's what it felt like. The whole area felt nondescript; there was light but it was nowhere and everywhere at the same time. I couldn't really begin to describe the surroundings. If Ichiro wasn't already there, I'd have no other description of the area but just grey and empty.

The four angels came in behind us and I felt Alice grip my hand a bit harder, looking up at me with a nervous look in her eyes. I couldn't blame her, the realization settled upon me and I'm sure my husband as well. We were in a place with what was once our former enemies, a location where their power was at its absolute. Why, if this being wanted to, it could probably ignore what deals and treaties we'd have made over the years, easily charring us to ash with a snap of its fingers equivalent.

"Children, I am here." The voice called out from everywhere and nowhere all at once, as if in my mind but also in my ears while they flicked to try to discern its direction. The sound was gentle like a parent's tone would be while speaking with a loved child.

All of the angels took a knee, including Gloria, leaving only the three of us standing. Alice frowned as she glanced over towards me and Elias as if waiting for our lead. I snorted through my nose and defiantly stood, lifting my head slightly.

"Be welcomed fallen children, and know that no harm will come to you on this day." The words filled my mind as I released both my lover's hands, putting my grip on my hips.

"On this day? Do you say that out of comfort, or as a threat that your kind will seek hostility with us again in the future?" Elias growled the words and I gave him an approving nod, having planned to say something similar had he not beaten me to the punch.

Toroah looked shocked and spoke out in a respectful whisper, "Elias! Please, show some respect to the Seraph."

"It is just, Archangel Toroah, we take no offense and we understand."

"Do you? Then you understand why we are here?" Alice called out gently, her voice sounding a little unnerved at the situation. I couldn't blame her, she was young and we were basically talking to a demi-god or possibly multiple ones. The power they gave was gentle and soothing, whereas Triallia's was crushingly oppressive. However, it was monumental and something to be respected, like staring down a tornado or tidal wave bearing down upon you.

"Fallen child of black wing, please rise and speak your name."

Gloria stood and lifted her head as she called out in a proud voice, "I am Gloria Blackpaw, former knight in division twenty-seven of the western front."

"Division twenty-seven?"

"Beg your pardon, oh holy one. With the advancement of society, it was easier to command our numbers by establishing modern style military procedures," Ichiro spoke the words out respectfully, his head never rising.

"Understood. Fallen, state your-"

"Gloria, not fallen. Her name is Gloria." I growled out the words, clenching a fist. "Don't just ask for someone's name, then not use it."

"S-Sarnai, it is okay..." The retriever frowned as she put a hand to her chest, giving me a worried look, all three of the archangels giving me shocked stares at my brazen words.

"We are guests here, do we not have the right to that small level of respect?" Elias spoke out as he shrugged. "Our people practice the right of hospitium, a guest is promised protection and respect when they come to call. She may be a child of this realm, but she's our family now."

"We are not your kind, Elias of the divine flame!" Samantha hissed the words, showing us a glare.

"Clearly." Alice huffed out as she shifted her own hands to her hips, her confidence seeming to feed off mine and Elias's. "I agree with my lover Sarnai. Please address my angel by name, and we will do the same with you if you desire it. We need not make this meeting tense. Also, do you plan to come out, or stay how you are?"

"Your angel?" The voice called out, clearly confused by the statement before a long silence followed. After several awkward moments it called out once more, "I understand, you all share a thread of fate as it were. The duty towards your family has been noted. To your other question Lady Blackpaw, we fear a manifestation of our physical form may be too intense for your kind, please understand."

I put my hands back on my hips, trying to relax my stance, feeling Alice move to grip my arm, that feeling of her will pushing to my own, trying to comfort and relax me. Soon enough Elias had done the same, both my fox and rabbit clinging upon me.

A pause lingered before the words came out again, "Gloria, a former knight of our cause. You have fallen in our eyes and yet now you seek ascension to one of the greatest of our positions?"

"I do."

"And you also petition us to consider the high bishop for such a thing, Yes?"

"That is correct, your holiness." She gave a sharp nod, her gaze shifting to my mother who's head had not lifted since entering the room.

"High bishop, please rise."

"I am not worthy to rise in your presence, your holiness. Please do not ask me to disrespect you in such a way." Rachel barked the words out like a soldier responding to a commanding officer.

Another pregnant pause from the voice. "Ichiro, please?"

The saint bernard grunted and met Rachel's eyes. "Do as the Seraph says, Rachel. That's an order."

My mother gave him a nod and slowly rose to her feet, her knees clearly looking weak as she stood.

"High bishop, do you feel worthy of such a boon?"

"No. I am unworthy and only humor this proposal out of the sheer need for it. I am centuries from having the knowledge to even remotely be considered."

"What of you, former knight Gloria? Do you feel you are worthy when you have fallen so far from your divinity and grace in our eyes?"

"Hey!" Alice snarled out and released my arm, stomping towards nothing in particular. "Gloria is a good dog, and she's done more good as-"

"Alice," Gloria spoke out sternly as the rabbit stilled her tongue. "I love you, and I thank you for your defense, but this is my question to answer, not yours."

Alice frowned and stepped back as the retriever spoke out proudly, "I am fallen, yes. However, my love and dedication for my flock, my family, and this world have never wavered. Am I worthy of the power? Certainly not by celestial standards, but I am one of our strongest warriors now. My family, both my families, need me!" She clenched her teeth and thrust her hand out, blue flames rolling off her fingertips. "I am Gloria Blackpaw, and unworthy I may be, but I and Rachel are the only ones fit for such power in the face of our current foe."

"It can't be done." The voice called out pointedly.

Gloria folded her perked ears and gritted her teeth, growling at the rejection.

"What the hell? You called us out here just to tell us no to our faces or something?" I snarled and stomped forward, feeling my own flames come to life, rolling off me in red wisps.

"Sarnai, my child, please calm yourself." Rachel huffed out to me with a frown, putting a hand to her chest.

"We cannot just make beings into archangels as the need arises, there are requirements."

"What kind of requirements?" Elias called out in a calm diplomatic voice, a foil to my own anger-filled one.

"The petition cannot be made by celestial's, it must be made by the heroes and champions of the mundane world."

"There isn't going to be a mundane world, or celestial one for that matter if you don't do something, you stupid bastard!" I barked the words out furiously, firing a lance of hellfire out into the void.

"Sarnai, please calm yourself!" Ichiro and Toroah both spoke the words in unison to me as I growled at them.

Alice cleared her throat as she called out, "Beg your pardon holiness, but what do you mean by champions of the mundane?"

"One who has stood and defended our flock, one that has done so with no reward promised."

My rabbit had of course heard all my stories and a small cocky grin spread on her face as she trailed her fingers through her hair, twirling a blonde lock of it lazily. "Oh, you mean like a champion or champion's as it were, that may have prevented a cataclysm from befalling the mundane, oh... some hundred and fifty years ago or so?"

"That is correct, young rabbit."

Me and Elias shared a look, then looked at Alice's smug face. My husband hesitated before calling out, "So... you're saying we were called here because of that time?"

"Correct. The two of you saved an incalculable number of our flock."

"Perhaps even the modern world of the west. A disaster like that would have set the mundane back decades if not a century," Rachel spoke out respectfully towards us.

"I get that, but why is Rachel not considered in this?" I called out skeptically.

"I was doing my duty, my pup. That is not something warranting of a boon." My mother spoke before the Seraph could explain to me.

"Well said, my child. I am proud of you."

My mother showed a small smile, her tail wagging slightly before she bowed her head.

"So me and my husband, you owe us one basically."

"Correct Lady Blackpaw."

I and Elias looked upon one another and nodded before he spoke out pointedly, "I humbly petition my sister, Gloria, for the sake of both our families and the world."

I thrust a hand out as I spoke, "I petition my mother Rachel. None is more worthy than she is. The world would be lucky to have her as a guardian."

"Gloria. Your situation is highly unorthodox, you must understand the position this will put us in."

The retriever took a deep breath as both her hands rested on her hips. "Your holiness, I simply wish to have this power until my family and the world is safe again. Once that is done, I will gladly relinquish the power back to you, even at the cost of my life."

"You're not relinquishing your damn life, angel!" Alice huffed out and moved towards her, grabbing her hand with a glare. "I'll slap that damn fox down myself before I lose you!"

"You have strong love as a pillar of support, my child. In a way, we envy you."

I lifted my ears, the words seeming odd, this was after all a being that lived off prayers and devotions, but then again that's an entirely different kind of love.

"I thank you for sacrificing your boon for your loved ones and the world. Truly we have underestimated the worth of your kind. We looked at you as simply beings of death and calamity, parasites we needed to guard our flock against."

"Cool, pass some of that ideology along to your flock, because I'll still kill them in droves if they hurt my family," I snarled the words, folding my arms as I glared at the void of nothingness.

There was a long pause before the Seraph spoke out, "For what it is worth, you have my apologies. We, of course, can only guide our flock in so many ways. We will do what we can, but if our followers begin hostilities with your kind, all we can promise is that we will not intervene."

"That's more than enough then." Elias gave a nod as he looked towards Gloria with a small smile.

"I will request the three of you to leave us now. The process will unleash truly potent divine energies that I fear even your reinforced forms would not withstand."

"Gloria will be okay right? Her being fallen isn't going to be a problem?" Alice called out, clutching her angel's hand with a glare.

"I'll be fine, love." Gloria moved in and gave the rabbit a quick kiss, then offered a gentle smile before shifting her gaze to Elias and me. "Thank you, brother and sister. Thank you for sacrificing your dues for me."

"Yes, thank you, my daughter. We've had an interesting road the two of us, but know it is one I cherish, as I do your love." Rachel walked towards me, her hands reaching out as I clasped them in my own.

I pushed my forehead to her own, taking in the moment, feeling her warmth and trying to drink it all in, especially after what had recently transpired. "I'll see you soon mom," I huffed the words and pulled away, giving her a cocky grin.

"Please give us about an hour or so, then we will call upon you," Ichiro spoke out to us as the other archangels gave us respectful nods. The three of us stepped through the gate, leaving them to their task, feeling it blink out of existence behind us.

—♥—

We appeared in the simple nondescript room from before, a long desk and a few chairs dotting the landscape. They had forgotten to leave the portal to Toroah's home open, so we were now readily stuck in this room with nowhere to go until the ritual was complete.