Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Who said I needed either of you to do so? Look it's my pack, I can take care of things," Alex growled the words, his own posture shifting to a defensive stance.

"I see no reason to not come as a representative. Our family has a long-standing treaty with your pack, would a diplomatic liaison not help your chances, brother?" I titled my head as I spoke the words smugly, giving the wolf a cock of my eyebrow.

He met my eyes, seeing I would not back down from my stance, and looked away with a low growl in his throat. "I suppose you have a point."

"I think you just want to have a romp in the woods without me." Alice pouted as she folded her arms.

Usually, I found her fussing cute, but in this instance, it annoyed me, and it clearly showed as I growled out my response, "Not everything is sex-related, Alice. I simply wish to see my brother no worse for wear over a situation I have thrust upon him. He did not ask for what I did to him, and I will feel remiss if I do not do all in my power to rectify any issues he has with his other family. Do you understand?"

She gave me a frown at my stern tone and nodded. "I was just being playful, I understand, love."

I showed my own frown, realizing how heated my words had become, and nodded. "I apologize if my words were harsh, I simply feel responsible."

"You're a good fox, Sarnai. I'm lucky to call you wife and friend." Elias spoke proudly then gave me a playful smile. "Though I suppose you can be a little scary in the moment."

"I like how all of you have decided this without listening to me. Everything will be fine, I promise." Alex barked the words out, trying one last time to deal with the situation on his own.

"Do you not wish me to come, brother? Do you not trust my abilities?" I tilted my head, flicking my tail as I looked up at the wolf with an inquisitive glance.

"That's not it, I just... I don't want you having to feel you need to protect me. I can accept whatever the pack deems best."

"I will also accept whatever they feel is best, but as your sire, it is my duty to see you better than worse from my hand in things. If you do not wish me to go, say so now and I will relent."

Alex frowned and averted his eyes as he sighed, "Look, it's not that I don't want you to go, it's just-"

"Then it's decided, let whatever apprehension you have pass, it will work out neatly, I'm sure." I waved a hand as I strode past the trio to move towards my room. "I shall prepare at once for departure."

In truth, I wanted to get out of the house and into nature a bit. I felt better since my last encounter with Triallia, but I also wanted the distraction, so this was as much therapy for me as it was having my brother's back.

—♥—

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we arrived at the location of his pack, but I'll admit to being awash with nostalgia over the scene that spread out before me. A small community of yurt-like buildings spreading out, four of them in total. There was a large smoldering bonfire situated in the central area with a small plot of land fenced off to the side, no doubt set aside for farming purposes given the newly tilled soil that awaited the spring planting season.

"My what a sight." I hummed the words as I took a few paces from Alex, my boots making no sound on the packed earth beneath them. I had opted for simple rugged attire, durable jeans, and a heavy jacket of faux leather that I wore over a button-down shirt.

The massive black wolf shifted back to the familiar view of my brother and progeny, shirtless in a pair of baggy sweatpants that stretched to accommodate his shift. I had a spare jacket slung over my shoulder for Alex but took a moment to enjoy the view as he stood before me, his upper body on full display.

After sufficiently ogling over his muscles, I threw the jacket playfully into his face as I huffed out, "See, I told you I'd easily keep pace with you, why I'd have outrun you had I known our destination." I flicked my tail up with a haughty poke of my nose in the air, seeing the wolf grin at me as he slid the jacket on.

A small child ran up to us, the little girl looking to be some sort of bat like Lawrence, one of the house heads that I knew. She blinked upon the wolf with wide yellow eyes as she spoke out, "Brother Alex, is that you? You smell different, and how did you change your fur? Or, or your size, you were bigger this time? Is this your girlfriend? And-"

"I'll explain everything later, can you let the elder know I've arrived?" He cut the little bat off and she gave a nod before springing from her feet and quickly fluttering out of sight towards the largest yurt of the four.

"Girlfriend huh?" I cocked a brow and showed him a grin as we started walking.

"Kid's, you know?" He gave me his own grin as we made our way through the small community.

"This brings back memories, I think mother would enjoy seeing this little community as well." I hummed as we walked, finding my tail wagging, my spirit already at ease.

The entrance to the residence parted as the small bat pushed out and left one flap of the fabric held open. "Okay brother, the elder said to go on in!"

"Thanks, little one." He growled and moved a hand to rub at her head as he passed, mussing her blonde hair, then we both slipped into the dwelling.

The interior was lit by a few oil lamps, tapestries hanging about to adorn the inside with some semblance of decoration. A small crackling fire burned at the far end with some sort of stew simmering in a pot. Once again I found myself feeling overwhelmed with nostalgia and regretted I didn't wear my formal wear for this meeting.

"Alex, boy, get over here and explain why you stink of death!" A gravelly voice called out, drawing our attention to her, the small bat looked eerily similar to the little girl we just saw. The obvious ravages of time aside, that is. The little girl had curly blonde hair, while the elder had wispy silver hair that was pulled back into a long braid that rested on the ground behind her. The large leathery wings looked worn from use over the years and she sported deep well-worn laugh lines along her face.

Alex quickly moved over to sit upon a large folded rug before the elderly bat. "Yes, I'll explain from-"

"Sarnai... Sarnai Silverpaw, is that you?" She turned her focus to me, squinting her eyes in recognition.

"Long time no see, Matilda. I Was debating if you'd still be kicking or not out here in the mountains. Also, it's Blackpaw these days." I showed the bat a grin as I took a seat before her.

The elder of the tribe gave me a snort through her nose. "I'd like to say you've not changed a bit, but by the great spirits, you have. I don't sense any of the swirling demons within you I did years past."

"Hang on... You know Elder Matilda, Sarnai? Why didn't you tell me?" Alex lifted his ears, shifting his gaze to me.

"Because last time she saw me, I wasn't an elder, boy!" The bat snapped out sharply at the wolf for speaking out of turn. Alex frowned and bowed his head respectfully.

"I knew Matilda before I met you in Vietnam, Alex. We had an... altercation, so to speak." I showed the bat a playful grin as I tried to keep the story civil sounding.

"I almost put you in your place, you smart-aleck fox!" The bat hissed out as she thrust a crooked finger at me, the tone in her voice heated but still a bit jovial.

"Almost." I raised my hands to air-quote the words, showing her another smirk.

Matilda huffed out and shifted her focus back to Alex. "I met Sarnai some eight decades or so, she was in the process of trying to butcher one of my pack and we came to odds over it."

"Yeah, but we worked it out. At the time she was on the other side of the country though, so I didn't expect to see her here," I chimed in, giving a shrug. "How old are you now?"

"I lost count, but probably around one fifty, give or take a decade." She shrugged in response to the question.

"I'd call you an old bat, but that might be redundant." I gave her a haughty grin as I leaned back, resting my hands on my bent knees.

"You're still a smart-mouthed little hussy, bless your heart." She showed me a weathered grin.

I nodded to Alex as I continued, "Anyway, Matilda is the reason I even knew your kind had any kind of pack system. You could say she's the reason you and a few others are even alive now. I had a reason to actually not outright kill when I had to deal with your kind."

Alex rubbed at his chin. "That does make sense, I had-"

"More to the point, boy! What has become of you? I sense no life in your bones. Well, I still sense the mish-mash of energy, everything from demon to celestial, but where's your pulse? Is this your doing, Sarnai?"

"It is, let me start from the beginning, Matilda." I then proceeded to bring her up to speed. I had no reason to gloss over details, so I explained in full about the great nature spirit, me having to turn him to save his life, and so on. I even explained the situation with the Faemarch as well.

"Tar and damnation if I didn't say the great spirits would come a'calling for us eventually if we didn't get our act together!" The bat snarled the words, shaking her head at the reveal of everything.

Composing herself she focused hard on Alex as she spoke, "So are you here to withdraw from the pack, boy? Can't have a dead dog prancing around I suppose."

"I'd rather not if it could be avoided, and I'm not really dead you know," Alex huffed out the words, sounding both respectful and snarky at the same time.

"No pulse, might as well be. I'd ask if you could even change form but my grand-daughter already said she'd seen you, a great big wolf of black with red flames she said."

I held a hand up as I spoke out, "Matilda, we go way back here, can't you make an exception? He's still one of your kind, only with an... upgrade."

She frowned at me and shook her head, "I don't know... how is this even possible? We've had our kind attempt this before, but the curse wouldn't allow it, it'd just stop their tickers and that'd be that."

"I think it has to do with that 'mish-mash' of energy you felt in him. Suffice to say we've got a chimera playing with everyone's energy like a kitten does with a ball of string."

"I don't know nothing about no chimera, but... Well, boy. You've been here for over half a century and a lot of the kits look up to you, including my grand-daughter, says she's gonna marry you someday and all that, no accounting for taste if you ask me!"

"You mean, I don't have to leave?" His ears lifted as he wagged his tail a little at the prospect of it.

"Nah... I'm getting along in years, I've not got it in my own ticker to put that kind of drama on it. Though if any of the young'un's want to fuss over it, you'll have to deal with them." Matilda wagged a finger at the wolf, grumbling the words.

"Thank you, elder Matilda!" Alex huffed out as he bowed and I could hear the relief in his voice.

She reached a hand out to pat his head, ruffling his jagged brown locks a little. "That's enough groveling, boy. You're a wolf, chin up and show some backbone!"

"Right, my apologies." Alex huffed and sat up straight, refocusing his gaze.

I climbed to my feet and showed the bat a smile. "I appreciate it, Matilda, he loves this pack you know."

"Well I didn't do it for your fool ass, Sarnai, but you're welcome all the same. He's a good dog, the pack would be all the weaker without him."

With a nod to Alex, I turned on my heel. "I'll excuse myself, I know this get-together is an intimate family affair, I only came to help smooth things over for my brother."

"Thanks, sister. It means a lot you had my back in this." I heard him speak to my back as I smiled and started my way out of the yurt.

Matilda grumbled out at me, "Now hang on, Sarnai. What do you take me for? Some low-class harlot that don't properly offer hospitality to delegates from our allies?"

I looked over my shoulder and grinned at her, "I'd never think such a thing old friend. I simply didn't want to intrude."

"Pah! Intrude on what? A bunch of noisy kits yipping and running all over, sniffing at each other, and kill'n whatever beastie happens to be in their way?" The bat grumbled the words as she grabbed a nearby walking stick, using it to support herself as she pulled from her sitting position with much effort.

Turning to face her, I put a hand on my hip, showing a smirk as my other hand lazily raked through my hair. "Alright, Matilda, I'll bite. What can you even offer me in way of hospitality though? I obviously don't eat what you eat, and your pack will be off galavanting the hills within an hour or so."

"Even I know you've got the tricks to change form, you can come galavant with us, you dumb fox. There'll be plenty of blood spilled when the packs kill'n and eating, you can just be the one that goes for the throat."

I pursed my lips at the offer, after all, I had come here to get away and relax. What better way to do so than just be wild and savage for a while. "You know what? I'll take you up on that offer you old coot."

Alex's ears lifted as did his tail, the excitement at the prospect of me joining in evident even as he remained silent out of respect for Matilda. The bat grunted with some effort as she shuffled over to the pot on the fire, giving it a good stir for a few minutes as we all stood there in silence, only the crackling sound of the fire filling the yurt.

My ears lifted as I heard the distant sound of chatter coming from the horizon, the sound of a few dozen voices all holding conversation while moving closer. "Sounds like the rest are finally here, lazy kits, why can't they be early like you, boy?" The bat grumbled as she gave the wooden spoon a few clanks against the pot before setting it aside.

"Well, the nights not getting any younger and I don't know how many more of these I've got left, so let's get a move on." The bat grumbled the words as she started making her way out of the yurt.

Alex moved over to me, his tail wagging as he looked me over while I casually unlaced my boots. "Sarnai, can you really just change forms and join in like this?"

I gave him a smile as I slipped my boots and socks off, wiggling my toes. "Shifting to something like a hawk or another form would be an incredible strain upon even one my age, but my primal form? That's not nearly so difficult. Still a bit taxing, but if I've a chance to get some blood in me during, it'll be no problem."

"What do you mean by primal form?" He tilted his head curiously.

I pointed to my ears, then looked behind me at my thick black tail. "Primal, as in evolution. We all came from the primitive animal forms, Alex. I'd wager we may have looked something akin to Triallia somewhere in the in-between phase. That may go to show just how ancient those spirits really are."

The wolf gave me an understanding nod then lifted his ears as Matilda started speaking out to the crowd, the two of us quickly moving out of the yurt to join the festivities.

"Alright, you kits! We've done this plenty of times before, so you know I don't usually like to make a big show of things, but tonight we've got a special guest." Matilda snarled the words out in a surprisingly loud tone.

I stepped out barefoot onto the packed dirt, seeing all manner of mundane before me, males and females of various species. There was everything from rabbits to otters, even a few canines like me, though it was rare a lycanthrope matched its mundane form, so I didn't assume they'd share similarities once the pack was formed.

"This is Sarnai Blackpaw, I don't think I need to explain who she is, but if any of you are dense in the head, speak up now so I can elaborate!" Matilda barked the words out as she clutched her walking stick, the tone in her voice saying she wouldn't be pleased if she had to elaborate.

I lazily brushed my fingers through my hair, making a show of my grin that fully bared my large sharp canines. For good measure, I added a healthy dose of my own will that pushed out over the crowd and let my black flames drift from me. "Matilda, please... just treat me as a member of the hunt for tonight, so long as none of your pack disrespects me, I'll not take any of their throats."

The display made its point and I could feel the collective awe from the gathering, all of them knowing keenly of house Blackpaw since they were denizens of the local paranormal community. Lycanthrope, vampire, demon, or even a mage, when you're a member of a community like that, word gets around and you hear of the local big players of the game.

"Well you heard the fox, let's not dawdle any longer, if my stew burns while we lollygag here, I'll be furious!" The bat snarled the words as she cast off the long flowing robe she wore, her withered body coming into view for only a moment before she shifted before the group.

The wings seemed to be absorbed into her back as grey fur erupted from her form, her size growing to twice its original as her body contorted from the change. I cocked a brow at her shift, seeing two large paws slam to the earth, joining with the back ones to replace her hands and feet. She now sported a muzzle of teeth and perked grey ears, her full primal wolf form on full display. The massive wolf let out a savage howl that echoed through the hills, sending a warning to anything nearby of what was to come.

"Now I see why she likes you Alex, and why her granddaughter wants to marry you." I showed the wolf next to me a playful grin, then widened my eyes as he simply tugged his pants away, his length springing forth, hard and eager. He gave me an apologetic grin, then dropped to his hands, his own shift taking place as he took his primal wolf form.

I glanced over to see others in the crowd tugging ties free, unbuckling belts, others just shifting in their clothes, too eager to get to things. Before long I had a pack of eclectic beasts before me. You'll forgive me if I said, lions, tigers, and bears, oh my, but there were at least one of each of those in their ranks.

Before I knew it I was the only one still in a mundane form, the whole pack shifting to look upon me expectantly, a deep rumble of a growl coming from Matilda, as if telling me to get on with it. I stuck my nose up into the air and casually peeled my jeans away, dropping the heavy jacket before the shirt was unbuttoned. I was making a point to take my time, showing I'd not be hurried.

Finally, I tugged my crimson panties off and dropped my bra, before focusing my own will on the change. It had been nearly a century since I had done this, but the effort was minimal compared to other forms I'd had to take.

I dropped to my hands as they shifted to paws, black fur covering my flesh as my mouth elongated into a muzzle full of rows of sharp teeth, but my canines still showed to be more prominent than the others. I had to push a little extra will into the change to keep my mundane size instead of shifting to the smaller form of a primal fox, but soon enough there I stood, my form fully changed to that of a primitive vulpine all be it much larger version.

Black flames drifted from my tail and along my paws as I sat right down on my rear, spreading my maw in a lazy yawn before my red eyes gave an expectant if not bored look towards Matilda before I jerked my head, as if giving my own signal of 'get on with it'.

Alex was nearly double my size as he trotted around me, tail wagging as he huffed at the air around me. I tilted my head before rising back to my paws, lifting my tail as I allowed him to huff at my backside. I had been a primal dog like this a few times, me and my husband experimenting with it together, I understood the social cues well enough.

Everyone seemed to be doing similar meet and greet gestures, which would have eluded to the statement Matilda had made about sniffing on one another. My head tilted as another dog came up to me, a coyote by the look of him, he didn't match Alex in size, but still handily dwarfed me.