Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 22

Story Info
Final Episode: Equinox.
9.7k words
4.91
3.2k
5

Part 22 of the 22 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/19/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to Silverpaw, I strongly recommend starting from episode one to get the best experience.

If you are new to Blood & Carrots as a series, you need to start with the first serial if you want to fully enjoy it, no 'silverpaw' in the title.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

My dear reader, I won't lie to you... this episode leaves me feeling a bit melancholy because, with it, we say goodbye to this series. It's surreal for me to finish something I've spent nearly two years of my life updating regularly.

Blood & Carrots has clocked in at nearly half a million words and barring a few hiccups, was something I wrote on nearly every day, even as I juggled writing my novel and novella which you should look for later this year. I wrote this through some of the most challenging times I've ever faced personally, even taking comfort in escaping to create in my world and forget about the tribulations of life.

Ah well, I'm getting long in my words here, you came here to read, not listen to my rambling. For the final time, let us look in on our vixen, and maybe even a certain rabbit whom we all know well. Once again, and for the last time, let's jump right in!

—♥—

Final Episode:

Equinox

Stepping into the foyer I put a hand on my hip, my other resting on the grip of my saber. I had changed into rugged jeans with a ballistic's jacket over my t-shirt, my revolver at my side. Alice looked like she had the same idea, wearing a similar jacket but with a set of cargo pants.

She tugged at her fingerless gloves, her eyes already red as she looked upon me with a grin, her rolled-up whip at one side, her two guns at her back. "You also expecting to go in hot, love?"

I gave her a small smile and looked around, seeing no one but her. "Where is everyone?"

"Kaz already moved them and the angels. He's taking a minute to catch his breath, moving so many bodies through gates in short succession can be taxing, even for someone like him."

Folding my arms I frowned at her. "I don't like you putting yourself in-"

"Can you knock that off right there?" Alice snarled back in response, thrusting a finger at me. "I'm just as capable and you know it. If things go south I'll not sit on my tail while you all deal with the fallout."

I clicked my tongue and looked away, folding my arms but saying nothing, my tail snapping back and forth in obvious annoyance. The voice in my mind chimed in, 'She has every right to feel this way.'

'How about you shut up?'

'How about you trust our lovers more? I get we're invested and protective, but she's a chimera. Also, like Katrina, she may surprise us.'

'Frankly, I'd rather avoid any surprises and just know she's safe, but I get it.'

Alice peered up at me, tapping my nose with her finger and bringing me out of my internal debate with a huff of breath. "Arguing with yourself, babe?" She showed me a crooked grin before stepping back.

"Something like that," I growled the words as reality seemed to shift away before us, as if a curtain parting as Kazemde stepped forth from a gate.

"I apologize for the delay, all this ferrying is taxing upon me. I should have enlisted a few members from the circle to aid in the logistics." The mage gave a winded huff as he hissed the words, then offered us both a bow.

"Thanks for working so hard on this, Kazemde." I gave him a nod and looked past the gate, seeing most of the group on the other side. All of the archangels were present, as well as Lorelai, Elias, and the rest of our family.

"I should have words with my husband for not waiting for me." I huffed and stuck my nose up in the air, my tone irritable.

"He wanted to be the first to go, to make sure everything was safe, Sarnai." Kazemde gave me a knowing smile as he explained.

"Then Alex and Katrina started arguing with him about it, and the next thing you know, all of them were going at once. I said I'd wait behind to collect you." Alice showed me a grin, then gripped my hand in her own, giving me a dutiful stare.

I clenched her hand, showing my sharp teeth as I took a step forward. "Then let's get this show on the road, I'll properly thank you for your chivalry later, my rabbit."

"Oh, I simply can't wait." She hummed eagerly as we stepped forward, both our tails flicking about while we held hands.

I felt the energy and recognized it for what it was, this local was the Faemarch, though it felt different from before. As to where I felt the summer spirit's energy entirely, here it felt muted as if competing with the other three's. Perhaps this was a conflux where their realms all met and none had an advantage.

I'll admit that when I stepped forward, I expected to feel solid ground under my feet, as the rest seemed to be standing on packed earth. I saw my husband's smile fade as his eyes widened and saw Lorelai's mouth gap as if she were going to say something.

I gave a surprised bark as I simply fell right past the scene, Alice giving a shocked yell of my name as our grip broke and I found myself in a freefall. My teeth clenched as I looked up, seeing the rabbit reaching for me as the gate I had fallen through was already closing.

Snarling to myself, I quickly took stock of my situation, wondering if I needed to accommodate for a massive fall, but I could already see vibrant lush fields of rolling green grass. The descent was only about a dozen stories so I was able to land gracefully enough to not topple to the earth, though I did feel it shift beneath my weight from the impact.

I remained there in a kneeling position, having caught myself with a bent knee, both hands resting on the ground. A light breeze caught my raven hair as it settled along my back and I rose to my feet, giving a bored look over the field while my tail flicked a few times. The grass was dotted with a variety of brightly chromatic flowers, showcasing every shape, size, and color but blending seamlessly with grass to not be overwhelming on the eyes.

"You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" I barked out into the open air loudly, keeping a relaxed stance despite feeling the overwhelming power of spring all around me.

The ninetails was simply before me, no signs of having ever been there until I perceived her. She sat cross-legged in the field, the ornate green robe now sporting some plates of armor at her shoulder and hips. Her one paw rested on a large curved sword that looked not unlike a katana, but was clearly sharp on both sides.

"Sarnai Blackpaw, I'll admit I've not bothered to remember any of your kind's name other than that deplorable sheep," Triallia snarled as she slowly climbed to her footpaws which were still bare.

"You watch how you address my lover." I gave my own growl, my stance still unchanged as I lifted my head, poking my nose into the air.

"One of many no doubt. You stink of sex, fox. That wolf, the angel, both the ones that came into the fray in our last conflict... You certainly get around, don't you?" The ninetails gave me a challenging grin, showing the rows of sharp teeth as she poked her own muzzle up in a haughty display.

I gave my own smug grin, flicking my tail as I ran my fingers through my hair in a flamboyant display, and huffed. "Well, what can I say? At least I've a sex life, how many cobwebs are you sporting down there?"

Triallia narrowed her eyes at my jab and gripped the hilt of her curved blade tightly. "The tedium and fascination of sex is useless to one as old as me, I've long since quit that hobby."

"Ha! I'd imagine the spirit of spring would be all about breeding and reproduction, are you sure you're not the winter spirit, after all?" I barked out the words mockingly, then showed her a fierce grin as she glared in fury at me.

"You will not mock me!" She brought the blade forth with a snarl and I drew my own saber in response, as well as my revolver.

"What did you think I'd do, blubber, and beg for mercy over this little stunt?" I hissed out and narrowed my eyes, seeing her bend slightly at her knees.

"I know of your little parlay with my siblings. You may have outmaneuvered me, but before the dust settles on that, you and I will have our resolution, Sarnai Blackpaw. I'll not leave this unsettled."

"You know what? I'm fine with this, I would have recommended we duel for satisfaction once it was over with anyway." I showed her a fierce grin, then frowned when I saw the look of surprise in her eyes.

"Truly? You would have sought to do battle with me, even with the peace you had sought, won?" The ninetails tilted her head curiously, her myriad of tails rolling behind her.

I relaxed my stance slightly and nodded. "I would have, yes. I would have requested a non-lethal one, since we were no longer enemies, but here we are all the same."

"Why?" She asked me point-blank.

"Because I'm a warrior and I know how it feels to dwell on that which is lost, be it honor or..." I clenched my teeth and looked away, holstering my revolver before waving a hand. "Look, I don't regret saving my lovers that day, but for what it's worth, I don't take any pleasure in knowing I maimed you."

Triallia cocked a furred brow, seeming to mull on my words for several moments before speaking out once more, "You are trying to lower my guard, you wish to stall or plea bargain for your life, don't you vampire?"

I showed her a genuine smile before barking out a loud laugh. "Oh my gods... you think that's what I'm doing?" I gave an amused snort before pointing at her with my saber. "Don't mistake my empathy for weakness, puppy, that's a good way to get your other arm taken off."

She gave me a snarl and set her own stance once more. "Excellent choice, I'd have lost respect for you had you been seeking to worm from th-"

I sprang upon her as she threw her sword up, my maroon steel slamming into the blade, little sparks of blue energy coursing up my saber. "I don't need your respect, Triallia!" I spat the words into her face as she showed her teeth, pushing against my blow as I leaped back several yards from her forceful parry.

Her ears lowered and I watched her grip the curved sword tightly in her handpaw before she blurred forward. My eyes widened as I realized I could see her coming, impossibly fast and it still took every fiber of my reflexes to bring my blade to bear as she brought her sword down, but I was able to parry it.

Her curved sword slammed into my saber with a brutal force that sent me to a knee, earth displacing under us from the impact as energy washed out from her form. The blood steel held steady through the blow and I tucked into a roll to break away from the impact.

"Damn..." I huffed out, rolling my shoulder as I set my saber, gripping it in both hands. I'd had Harold bring a greatsword down on me with less power than that, and he was over twice her size I'd imagine.

"No excuses, no interruptions. You face the full power of spring and I'll confess, I'm impressed you survived that blow." The ninetails huffed the words as she bent at the knees and blurred forward again.

My teeth clenched as she brought the sword forward in a wide lash. I couldn't just sit there and trade blows with her, she brought too much power, not to mention the size difference of our blades. I caught the strike on my saber but grazed it, letting the larger blade slide down the length of mine, sending it off course as I hopped from my feet, sending a booted kick right into the other fox's jaw.

Trillia barked out and stumbled back from the blow, then clenched her teeth in a furious snarl. "Always so wiry!"

"You wanting me to just stand still so you can chop me up?" I barked out as she leaped on me right as I finished the statement.

"Yes! Hold, still!" She cried out as the large curved sword swished at my throat. I gave another glancing parry, sidestepping another blow, then ducking a third. The fox was howling out furiously when I finally got another shot in, driving a knee up under her jaw.

Staggering back, she wiped the blood from her jaw with the back of her paw that held the sword, then glared at me. "How are you keeping up with me?"

I showed her an amused grin and shrugged. "I guess it's all the sex."

Her growl grew deeper as she eased her stance and lowered her blade. "You mock me again?"

"No, I'm serious." I showed her a grin then rolled my shoulder. "Still... you bring some amazing power with just one arm. I could only imagine you using both."

"You lament my injury once again? You are a strange vampire, Sarnai." The ninetails shouldered the sword, laying the flat of the blade across her armored plate at her shoulder.

With a shrug, I shouldered my own blade. "As I said, it's not like it fills me with glee to have taken your arm off."

Triallia rolled her eyes at my words. "It will grow back. I simply need a cycle to properly heal."

"Oh? Well, that's good to hear." I cocked my head to the side and frowned. "Why are you so level-headed? You were fighting like a rampaging monster before."

The ninetails offered me a deep frown before she responded pointedly. "Because my heart is calm, I have already lost, so I fight knowing my inevitable death awaits. You could say I have made peace in my heart."

I gaped my jaw for a moment then shook my head to try to process the words properly. "Wait- Inevitable death? Look, I know my situation here. I'm fighting you on your home turf, I already know you could just keep pulling a nearly infinite pool of power. I'm the one that was accepting things."

"Not from you!" She snarled and tapped the sword on her shoulder, looking away as the green flames in her eyes calmed back to their original color. "My siblings will use this to band together, I'll be forced to bargain and by sparing the mundane realm, I simply agree to a prolonged death. The destruction of their world influences my realm, and with it my power."

"Or, hear me out here, you let us handle things." I gave a shrug and thrust my thumb into my own chest. "You underestimate the economic pull the Bloodstone council has in things. Not to mention we have the celestials united with us. Why, the celestials have been guiding the direction of the mundane for millennia, they could do so with this issue as well."

Triallia focused squarely upon me, narrowing her eyes. "You practice deceit, you've no reason to help me, I've tried to kill you and those you love."

"That's its own issue we will work on, but I'm just saying we can try to help with this problem too. If you're not around, spring won't show up, right?" I folded my arms, my saber hanging loosely in my grip.

"True, and though the powers that be would choose another if I fell, it could take a dozen cycles or more to see it happen. The mundane world would be sent into chaos."

"So we add that to the table when we bargain with the others. Look Triallia, I just want you off our asses at the end of the night. You leave me and mine alone, we'll work with you on this."

The ninetails set me with a hard look and made a gesture like she would fold her own arms as if forgetting she had one missing. She scowled then tilted her head towards me. "You would accept what I've done so readily?"

"Had I lost Alex or Gloria that night? I wouldn't have let my husband negotiate with you, I'd have pulled the trigger, sight be damned." I snarled the words and shook my head. "You've not taken anything from me but a little pride, but I've grown stronger and more humble from it, so I consider that a boon." I gave an amused bark as I rubbed the back of my head, "Not to mention I've got a werewolf boyfriend and archangel girlfriend out of it, so maybe I owe you, eh?"

The ninetails showed me a small grin on her muzzle, then looked away. "I've no choice in the matter. I'll take you at your word, but what do you want out of this agreement?"

"Throw down your sword, and lose the armor." I growled as I tossed my saber to the grass then followed with my gun.

She gave me an appraising look before throwing the curved sword to the ground, then tugging at some binding cords awkwardly with one paw, she removed the plates. I removed my ballistic jacket as I moved to her and gave a nod.

Triallia gave her own nod as we stepped back, both set in our stance before she gave a sharp bark and lunged forward. Her clenched fist drove towards my face as I grabbed the blow in my left hand, the force of which sent my shoulder jerking back as if I had tried to stop a sledgehammer.

I pivoted while gripping her fist, bringing my own free hand up in a blow that she narrowly jerked her muzzle out of the way from. Her footpaw swept under me lighting fast and sent me to the ground, my eyes growing wide as she howled out and drove her fist right at my chest.

The very earth shattered under her blow as I rolled away, springing to my feet as she met my eyes with an angry snarl. I returned the growl, pushing forth my flames as I sprang upon her, sending my own fist right into her jaw. The ninetails barked out sharply as I sent a flurry of punches into her jaws, ending with a haymaker under her chin.

The greater spirit slammed to the ground on her back, huffing out in shock, her tails fanned out behind her before her bloody teeth snapped and she climbed to her paws, giving me another howl before galloping at me like a mad dog with only three legs.

I barked out as she dove upon me with such speed I couldn't comprehend the movement, her forehead slamming into my own as I saw stars, then she began slamming her fist into my face again and again.

My vision went white, filled with bursts of light with each elbow and fist I took. Triallia then slammed her bare footpaw into my side, kicking me several yards as I rolled and bounced in the grass.

'Having fun, sister?'

'Are you not?'

'No no, by all means, let's continue.'

I gave a weak bark of a laugh as I found my hands, climbing from the earth, feeling my broken bones starting to stitch themself, having to set my jaw to let it heal.

"Are you satisfied?" The ninetails growled the words, her fist clenched, green flames rolling from it.

I worked my jaw a little, making sure it was set before rolling my neck and shoulder. "You think I'd have the lovers I do, being a quickie kind of fox?" Growling the words I showed the other fox a grin through my bloody teeth.

'Showtime?'

'You know it.'

Triallia showed me her own amused grin, then I felt the power pour into me as my other self opened the tap. The spirit gave a shocked bark as I closed the distance in a blink, not realizing I atop her until my knee was being thrust up under her jaw.

The blow took her off her footpaws and backward as I dove forward mid-fall, driving my elbow straight into her chest. She slammed into the earth with a small impact crater as I dove upon her, slamming my fists into her own face again and again, flames rolling off my body as she barked out from each blow.

I imagined the ninetails was seeing her own stars as I returned the favor, but she finally managed to thrust her paw out and slam a blow into my chest, the impact making me stagger back as she climbed to her knees, huffing and growling. I watched the burns and bruises, along with her fur start to heal. Even her hair quickly restored itself as the powers of the Faemarch healed her body.

"How... do you have such power?" Triallia panted the words out, wiping her jaw as she stood to full once more.

"Being batshit crazy for a few centuries has its perks." I showed her a wide crazed grin as I spread both my hands, flames pouring off them before I clenched my fists and dove at her once more.

She sidestepped and dodged, sending her own strikes back at me. We juked and dodged, locked in a dance of flaming limbs. Every blow I gave I seemed to get, even with one arm she kept up with me the whole while, both of our powers blazing at full tilt. The dance continued for a while, neither seeming to relent but both of us slowing a little more as we went on.