Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Three massive rifts opened and my mouth gaped as each produced a full-scale dragon the size of a small office building. It would have been a truly impressive show of reinforcements if each of them hadn't immediately collapsed to the flowery field, obviously dead.

"No, w-what?" The winter spirit stammered as he looked upon the white dragon in a heap, then his ears lifted as a figure fell from the rift, landing on the collapsed creature's body.

"Oh, this? It got in my way along with the rest of the riff-raff in there, so..." The sheep gave a lazy grin as she folded her arms, my husband dropping down next to her.

"Lorelai, Elias!" I barked out, relieved to see them, Alice offering similar sentiments.

"Do not humor yourselves to think we didn't see through your petty ruse." My mother descended from the rift the massive black dragon had fallen from, Gloria and the other angels joining her various other fallen beasts strewn about that came with the dragon.

Kazemde appeared from the one the summer spirit had thrust open, his feet never actually touching the red dragon beneath him as Katrina and Alex hopped into view as well. "Our circle specializes at gathering intelligence, that includes the going on's of the Faemarch. You played an interesting hand, but never realized who the dealer was all along."

Alice gave a snort of a laugh at the words. "Geeze Kaz, I think that's the corniest thing I've ever heard you say!" The rabbit huffed out in relief and put her hands to her hips.

"T-This isn't over!" The summer spirit spat out and hopped back, however, he yipped as he slammed into a field of power, wincing as if he had been struck with a heavy blow.

"I assure you, it is." Triallia snarled the words, holding a paw up, a circle of green flames appearing around the trio of spirits. "You had your chance, I gave you ample opportunity, yet you chose to attempt another blade in my back for my mercy!"

"Sister! You must understand, he made us join in on this scheme!" The autumn spirit barked out quickly, her tails thrashing as she looked pleadingly upon Triallia.

"You coward, it was obvious from the start you were all in on this," Elias growled as he clenched his fists. "I've half a mind to deal with all of you myself, just for dragging my family into this internal squabble of yours."

"Triallia, the Faemarch will not be able to survive the loss of three greater spirits at once, to say nothing of our own realm," Kazemde spoke the words pointedly as he folded his arms, holding the ivory staff loosely in his gloved hand.

"Rest assured archmage, they'll not be dying, though when I'm through with them, they'll very well be wishing for it." The fox showed her teeth in a hungry mad grin as she clenched her flaming paw.

"Damn... you're pretty scary." I hummed the words at her from behind, then cleared my throat. "Are we still good, or do you plan to go crazy with your power? Because I will put you down if I have to."

The ninetails snorted out through her nose and looked back at me. "Rest assured, you've won an ally this day, Sarnai Blackpaw. The Faemarch and the mundane realm will continue to enjoy a peaceful relationship, though your springs may grow slightly longer in the coming cycles."

"You can't let her do this!" The summer spirit barked out furiously at me.

"As long as we have her word, I'll not object, also, fuck you for my ship." I poked my nose up in the air.

"How did you pull this off?" Alice called out curiously.

"We had several members of the circle in place monitoring the gateways coming and going from the Faemarch. When the winter and autumn spirit gated away suddenly, we were already tracking them. Also, it's hard to move a dragon and several other creatures without it being easy to track." Kazemde nodded as he looked upon the rifts.

"He gave us the quick and dirty explanation after you went after Sarnai. There was a lot more than dragons to deal with in those rifts." Alex clenched his own fist, showing a proud grin.

"Ha... I almost wish I could have joined in on the carnage with you all," I hummed the words and then lifted my ears as Lorelai came to me, extending her hands as I clasped them.

"Sarnai... my love, if you ever put me through this sort of ordeal again, you'll have carnage to worry about, but it won't be the kind you want. Do I make myself clear?" The sheep glared upon me, her eyes looking wet as she clenched at my hands gently.

"I apologize, my lady," I growled the words lovingly, seeing her eye twitch at the title.

"That goes double for you, Alice!" The sheep scowled out, then looked around at all of us. "Everyone! There will be hell to pay if I have to endure worry over you lot again, even you ridiculous angels and mages!"

"What a splendid thing all of you have going on, I wish me and my siblings could have shared such camaraderie, instead of being at one another's throats." Triallia folded her arms, her flames having calmed. The trio of spirits were still talking but their words were no longer reaching us, as if the circle of flames were blocking them.

"I'd love to get to know you better, Triallia. I've never seen something quite like you, but I'm eager to explore that body of yours." Alice cooed the words as she sauntered up to the ninetails, her eyes already smoldering red.

"Alice, are you seriously trying to make it with an ancient nature spirit that isn't even mundane?" Elias showed her an amused grin as he shook his head.

"Swing at every pitch, that's my motto." The rabbit showed her own grin, flicking her little fluff of a tail.

"How interesting... I've not experienced such a thing in so long. I will certainly consider your offer." Triallia showed the rabbit a surprisingly hungry smile, putting a paw to her own hip.

We broke down into casual talking and also spoke of the future of our realms, getting an official detailed explanation of our alliance, Kazemde not wanting to take chances with a fae.

The rifts were closed and the trio of other spirits had been dragged off to who knows where. In truth, I was a little concerned about what Triallia had planned for them, but again, my damn ship, so...

"I'd like to speak with Lady Blackpaw alone before we part, you've my word she'll be safely brought to you when we are done," Triallia spoke out to the group as we had gathered at the gate leading back to the circle.

Everyone looked at me and I gave a nod. "It's fine, I trust her to shoot straight with it."

I found myself alone with her and folded my arms, quirking a brow. "What's up?"

"Did you truly only save me from that lethal blow, over your boat?" She asked point-blank.

"A ship, not a boat, there is a huge difference," I growled and wagged my finger at her.

She rolled her eyes before barking out pointedly, "Your ship."

"No. I would have stepped in regardless."

"Why? I tried to kill you, I nearly killed your lovers. What did I do to warrant your protection and alliance when they turned their blades to me?"

I shrugged at the question. "Look, you thought you were fighting for survival, I get that. Those angels were the same way before, they had their path set out and we had ours. Sometimes you've got to trade a few blows before you understand each other."

"I suppose that is one way to look upon it. You must understand I still have my concerns over the mundane world and what it is doing to my realm."

"I get that, and we'll do what we can, you have my word on that." I gave her a reassuring nod and clapped a hand over her shoulder, giving her a grin.

The fox showed me her own grin, her sharp teeth showing along her muzzle before she clapped a paw back over my own shoulder. "You have my gratitude, and know I do not mince my words of peace."

"Likewise. It was a rough start, but we'll do fine going forward." I gave her a nod and we stepped back from one another.

There was a long silence as we stared at one another, then I finally broke it with a question. "Are you actually considering Alice's offer?"

"The rabbit? Why not? I've not mated in centuries and it sounds exhilarating. Should I abstain from it upon your request?" The fox folded her arms, tilting her head.

I gave a shrug. "Alice can sleep with who she wants, just don't hurt her. I love her, like all of them, and there would be hell to pay if you did."

"Rest assured I had no ill intentions, it was her offer after all. The idea of mating aside, I am eager to see you and your kind again, you are welcome in the Faemarch anytime, just give me warning of your visit."

"That sounds great, and you are welcome at house Blackpaw as well." I gave her a grin and thrust my hand out, her paw grasping it as we gave a firm shake.

We shook a few times and I offered the ninetails a frown."We all make stupid calls, I'm not saying to forgive and forget, but don't brutalize them too much, Trillia. It could have very easily been you in that position."

"I shall take your words to heart, Sarnai Blackpaw. Thank you for showing empathy towards my siblings, even in light of your losses." Trillia gave me a toothy smile as our grisp parted.

"Yeah, but feel free to rough that asshole up that trashed my ship, fuck that guy." I barked out playfully as I turned and gave a wave of my hand as I sauntered through the gate back to my home.

—♥—

"And so it is..." I huffed out as I leaned back in my seat, looking upon the fire, both my hands resting in my lap.

Alice grinned as she sat next to me on the sofa across from you. "You make it sound so dramatic, love."

"Wasn't it?" I quirked a brow, giving her a small smile.

"It's been pretty wild, I'll admit. Boy did you pick an interesting time to join us, my pet," She cooed the words at you, flicking her tail playfully at the old pet name.

I smiled and nodded, listening to the fire crackle as I closed my eyes. "Life is funny sometimes. It's been such a long one for me, yet it all felt very quick when I felt it might be over, or I might lose what mattered most to me."

"How introspective." Alice gripped my hand, squeezing it as I met her eyes, seeing her smile, her sharp teeth showing slightly.

I squeezed back and gave myself a nod. "Yes, far too short, we must always remember to live it to the fullest, no matter how old we get." I stood as I spoke the words, feeling my lover rise to her feet with me.

"I agree! Don't you, my pet?" She cooed the words to you as you shared the sentiment.

I made my mind up as I glanced over to you, clicking my tongue before I pulled my rabbit into motion and started to walk from the room with her. "Yes, I believe that sometimes, life is about taking chances."

Alice gave you a smile and I showed my own teeth in a grin as my ears folded and I flicked my tail. "Elias is away today on business."

"Yes, and Katrina is at the circle studying," Alice hummed out, flicking her own tail as she pushed into my arms, both of us settling gazes upon you.

"My child."

"My pet."

We both showed you our sharp teeth, having made the decision together after returning. I called out to you in a playful tone, "we're heading to bed for the day, ah but it is a rather large bed, and won't feel the same with just two of us in it."

"It's true, and I've been very patient, I sure hope we find someone to occupy it with us, love." Alice pecked my lips with a kiss, then we both gave you a smile before turning and walking from the study.

♥Fin♥

And so it is. I do hope you enjoyed how things wrapped up, maybe I surprised you, maybe you saw things coming a mile away. Regardless, if you've stuck through this series to the end, I'm truly thankful you spent so much time in my little world I've made here, and I hope it was time you feel was worth it in the end.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all those that support me in some way or another. Regardless if you vote, comment, follow, or one of my patrons that helps me financially. I'm thankful to all of you for letting me know you enjoyed my work and I hope you'll look forward to my future writings as well.