Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sent a labor-heavy punch into her jaw, almost stumbling from my own exertion as I panted out, watching her stumble back. "Will you, stay down, already!" I huffed out with obvious fatigue in my voice. We'd been going at it for several minutes now and she had just picked herself back up.

Triallia staggered from the blow before snarling and sending a punch back into my own face. I barked out from the impact, back-peddling before clenching my bloody teeth. "I could, say the same, to you," She puffed out with a pant.

With a furious bark I lunged forward, driving a fist towards her jaw, then gave a shuddering yip as I felt her duck the blow and drive her own knee into my midsection. I probably should have hit that flask of blood in my pocket, my vision was growing dark and the world was spinning.

"Stay, down!" The ninetails spat the words at me her teeth in a scowl and I felt her slam her fist right in the same spot her knee had landed. I yipped again, blood erupting from my mouth as the darkness took me, the last thing I remembered was collapsing against her chest as my body gave out.

—♥—

Back with Alice right after the gate incident.

"Kazemde! Get this fucking thing open!" I screamed the words at the mage, charcoal flames rolling off me as I held the gate open, both hands keeping it from closing as I focused my will on holding the small gap in place.

"I'm trying, I have to find the right magical layline." The cobra hissed the words, the sigils and runes glowing on his body as he kept one hand on my shoulder, feeding a constant stream of magical energy into me as I held the gate.

"What is this treachery, sprits!" Ichiro snarled out towards the two ninetails present, one snow-white fur, the other of a deep rustic brown color, each wearing robes that harmonized with their fur patterns.

"We have no control over our sister, nor can we tear open a pathway to her realm, doubly so in our weakened states." The autumn spirit frowned as she folded her handpaws over her stomach.

"My sister speaks the truth, we've no power to control what Triallia does, especially now that she is at the height of her power. Maybe had you not forced her hand with this show of force-"

"Shut up, or I'll show you a forced hand!" Alex snarled the words, black flames rolling off his fist.

"You think you can take me, wolf? Even weakend I'm more than a match for you." The winter spirit hissed out his own challenge, cool blue flames showing at his handpaws and tails.

"Enough." Lorelai spat the word out, a wave of will pushing forth with it, making everyone in the area still their tongue.

The sheep looked around then nodded to the two spirits. "Where is your brother?"

"He's not arrived yet, obviously. We don't really keep each other abreast on our comings and goings, I'm sure he'll be here soon. However, he can do little more than we could in this matter." The autumn spirit gave a nod to the sheep respectfully.

By now Katrina and Elias were next to me. Elias had a furious look on his face like he would tear through the gate as he had done previously, but this wasn't a barrier, I was simply holding the thing open with what little I had managed to grab. Simply put, you can't tear open something that isn't there, he would just be punching and clawing at the dirt.

Magical gates by their nature, cannot close when organic matter is in the way. I was no mage but I knew that much and so even when I had missed my chance to dive in after Sarnai, I had kept my hands holding what little of the gate remained.

"Kazemde, can you even get this thing open?" Katrina frowned as she looked up at the mage while kneeling in front of me.

"I'm working on it, my student. Just give me..." He sighed and lowered his head, a motion I'd seen before when he was deep in a meditative trance.

We all settled into a tense silence, every second feeling like an hour as I snarled and pushed my will forward as if doing so might somehow open the damn thing. Finally, after a few minutes, the cobra gave a nod and opened his eyes. "I've found the leyline, but I've only got enough power to-"

"Open the damn thing!" I shouted out with an angry scowl on my face.

Kazemde fixed me with a level look and shook his head. "I'm only able to tune it to let the one interfering with it in. I can make a more stable connection with time but-"

"Shut up and open the fucking gate, Kaz! My fox needs me!" I screamed at my friend, my flames rolling off me as everyone looked shocked at my words. Kazemde hissed out and pushed his will forth while clenching my shoulder.

I felt the magical energy course through my body, my grip finally able to gain some traction as I seemed to be able to force the gate open. I showed Elias and Katrina a cocky grin as I threw the gate open. "I'll go on ahead, sorry Master, sorry love."

"You wade into certain death, rabbit." The winter spirit called out to me with a frown.

"Then another day at the office I guess!" I called the words back and jumped in as soon as I had the room. Elias growled and grabbed at the entrance but his hands seemed to slam into an invisible field as if only I was allowed to go through.

—♥—

'She did a number on us, huh?'

'I didn't expect to beat her, she's more or less hooked up to an infinite battery of power.'

'Think we could have won had it not been in the Faemarch?'

'Maybe, but I'm satisfied to get it out of the system.'

'Oh, that really tastes good!'

'Hey, you're right, that's nice...'

My eyes blinked open as I regained consciousness, my mouth was closed around the ninetails wrist and I had been drinking from her.

"Ah, so you have joined me once again, have you?" Triallia growled the words as she peered down at me while I blinked my red eyes up at her, then snarled as I focused on her wrist, tearing my teeth deeper in and drinking more purposefully.

"Even in this, you are a violent brutish type, eh?" She huffed the words out and looked relatively calm as I fed on her. Then again, I didn't expect the euphoria of being fed upon to affect something like her.

I took several gulps down, shuddering as the blood invigorated my aching form, then pulled away, lapping the blood from the flesh and fur before me, watching it heal. Blinking up at her, I realized I was on my back, my head in her lap.

"Not how I expected to come to, if you let me come to at all." I closed my eyes, feeling my body healing as I sighed out.

"It was settled and we met in an honorable way, I would certainly not strike you down after everything we spoke of," She huffed out and withdrew her paw.

"Are we good then?" I spoke out to her as my eyes opened once again, seeing the underside of her muzzle as she gave a nod.

"I can do little but trust we can work something out with your people, but yes, you and I will put things to rest here. You were surprisingly resilient, I am impressed with you, Sarnai Blackpaw."

I grunted as I reached up to rub at my head. "Same to you. Let's square off at my place sometime, I'd like to tangle with you outside of the Faemarch."

Triallia gave me a grin and nodded. "It's a date then."

I heard a thump somewhere on the ground near us, then hardly had time to react before I saw Alice right over me, both revolvers drawn and pointed at the fox whose lap I was in. I blinked wide-eyed at the rabbit as she looked between me and Triallia, cocking a brow.

"You, you're the messiah of this lot, aren't you? I can feel your power." Triallia lifted her chin towards the rabbit.

"And you're going to have a few extra holes to breathe out of if Sarnai isn't okay," she grumbled back, her flopped ears folding down as she drew the hammers back on her guns.

"It's fine, love. We've squared away the issues." I grunted as I sat up, wincing and rubbing my head.

"You certainly looked comfortable." Alice eased her stance, taking a step back as she hesitantly put her guns away.

"Well her fur is pretty soft." I gave the rabbit a playful look as I slowly found my feet, feeling my knees reinforce, the blood from the spirit rapidly rejuvenating me.

I watched Alice give the ninetails an appraising look as she clicked her tongue. "You're actually cuter than I imagined."

Triallia gave a smug bark at the commentary, "I am the spirit of rebirth, of course I would be fetching to the eyes." She pushed off her one paw, slowly climbing to her feet and I noted how winded she still looked. Apparently, I had taken more out of her than I gave myself credit for.

"I'm so glad you're safe, I was really scared." Alice shifted her full attention to me, grasping my hands with her own as she quickly lifted up on her toes, giving me a quick kiss.

I returned it and pushed my forehead to her own, a grin showing as I felt her comforting waves of energy filling me while we shifted to hug one another. In truth, I didn't know if I'd ever feel her embrace again when I fell.

Trillia gave us a contemplative look before speaking out in a huff, "Give me a moment, and I shall draw forth a new path to return you." The spirit-fox gestured her paw and closed her eyes as we saw reality start to meld before us.

It looked similar to the gates the magi would use, like a curtain parting, but it never fully opened. None of us were expecting the lance of golden fire that slammed right into the spirit's back, sending her tumbling to the ground with a shrill bark.

My teeth clenched in a snarl as I saw the ninetails from before land gingerly on his footpaws, bright green fur with gold at the tips of his ears and tails. His robes also adorned with similar armor plates that Triallia had been wearing.

"Oh my dear sister, did you not think we had contingency plans in place?" The other fox growled the words as Triallia gave him a furious snarl and blurred out of sight, moving for her discarded blade.

She scooped up the curved sword as the summer fox drew a similar and there was a clash of metal before they began a flurry of blows. It only lasted a moment before he deftly sidestepped a slash and sent a knee straight into her jaw. Triallia barked out as she stumbled then widened her eyes as the other fox launched a spear of flames straight into her chest.

She crashed to the ground, fur burned away along her collar. "I knew you wouldn't let it go! I was happy to wait and let you weaken yourself, after all, what is one shard of my power when all of your domain is up for grabs!"

"Cowardly bastard!" Triallia snarled as she found her paw and started to climb from the ground. The summer spirit wasn't going to give her the chance though as he bound forward thrusting his blade straight to her chest.

My saber slammed into his curved sword, sending it off course as I showed my teeth, a snarl on my own face as I slammed my forehead into the stunned foxes snout, then poured my will forth as I sent a huge eruption of hellfire straight into his chest, sending him tumbling back.

"That, was for my fucking ship!" I set my stance, standing between him and the down spring spirit.

He climbed to his footpaws and wiped blood from his nose before snarling out in response to my attack. "Stand down, vampire. This is an internal family business and I'll give my word you and yours will be none the worse for it!"

"I spit on your word! Your sister and I have made our own agreement already." My fires poured off me as I felt Alice move to my side, her own flames rolling, her whip drawn. Showing my teeth in a grin I reinforced my knees as I huffed out in a haughty tone, "Tuck your fucking tails and turn away before I start to lop them off!"

"Sarnai, why?" Triallia huffed out with her now flaming green eyes wide, pushing off her handpaw to stand.

"My lover detests cowardly acts, as do I." Alice moved her free hand to grip my open hand, my gun still resting in the grass, as I didn't have time to gather up both weapons.

The summer spirit folded his arms, giving me an annoyed look, then my eyes widened as I felt the presence of more, seeing two more ninetails join him, one of snow-white fur, similar battle armor, the other looking to be slightly smaller than the males, her fur more of brown like you'd expect from the floor of a forest in autumn.

"As my brother said, a family affair. Best you salvage your dignity while you can and leave us to it." The white fox snarled out, already having drawn his own sword.

"Your nonsense cost all of us part of our power, sister, but why trade for it back, when we can just divide yours amongst us and come out all the better for it." The auburn fox cooed the words, shouldering her own sword, her tails rolling behind her.

"They speak the truth, I brought this upon myself over my own overzealousness. You have shown your honor, now leave me to my fate." Triallia whispered the words behind me, setting her own stance, her sword still several yards away in the grass.

"Yeah, how about no?" Alice hummed and I gave her a nod. I then cocked my brow as I saw the rabbit release her whip, grabbing the ninetails handpaw, she then gave me an expectant look as she thrust her other hand towards me.

"You will stand down now, or we will strike you down with her." The summer spirit roared out the words in challenge, thrusting his paw forward as I quickly moved my hand to grab Alice's, the world washing away before me.

—♥—

Triallia didn't seem surprised as we all appeared in an ornate unfamiliar chamber, no doubt the spirit's private room. The whole room screamed opulence, with silk tapestries, a massive bed, and even a full furniture set.

"Nice digs." Alice hummed as she trotted around, taking stock of the environment.

"You've simply delayed the inevitable, why do this?" Triallia folded her arms, having both of them in this dream world.

"Delayed? No." The rabbit showed a cocky grin and looked back to me, quirking a brow as she realized there were two of me. "Oh, are you getting in on this?"

"Of course I am, long time no see by the way." My double showed a haughty grin as she raised a hand towards Alice.

Triallia showed a frown on her muzzle and rolled her tails. "I don't... wait, I thought I sensed something inside you. You really are two souls in one, that's why you have so much power!" She barked the words in realization.

"More like having to contend with a stowaway." I huffed out the words playfully to my 'sister' before nodding to Alice. "What's the plan?"

"We're going to give this cute fox here a bit of a top-up, that way she can fight with us." The rabbit huffed the words as if this was all going according to plan.

The spirit shook her head with a frown. "Even if I were at full strength, I'd not withstand a full assault of all three of them. You two, er- Three, should use your energy to withdraw, as I have already suggested."

"We'll figure it out when we get back to it, shut up and listen to my girlfriend." I snarled the words and walked over to Triallia, moving to grab her paw with my hand, then joining hands with my twin.

"This feels kind of silly, holding hands like this." My double growled the words as she gripped Alice's hand, then the rabbit grabbed Triallia's other paw.

"In truth we don't have to hold like this, I'm just a sucker for melodramatic's and I'm the dream master here, so my rules." Alice hummed the words playfully as we all focused.

Triallia barked out in protest as she started to feel our power well up in her. "T-This is childish and a waste of time, you would-"

"Then once we get out of this, remember it and respond to us in kind." I nodded my head as I spoke.

"That's right, let's just all get through this, then we can be friends." My double spoke out in a sing-song voice while wagging her tail.

"I knew I liked you, we should have a dream date sometime, I'll tie Sarnai up and make her watch us having sex, my sweet fox." Alice cooed and I snarled at her words.

"Ha! You're all mad... it's not love that powers you all, it's your unfiltered insanity!" Triallia barked out the words in laughter and then the dream faded, only seconds having passed.

—♥—

Flames rolled over Triallia's shoulder as soon as we returned from the dream and I watched the fox reform her severed arm, a wide grin showing on her muzzle as she clenched her paw into a fist. "Truly wondrous... I question if I've ever felt such unfiltered power in me."

"What? No!" The summer spirit barked out and shot a glare to the other two foxes, all of them leaving their footpaws to blur towards us.

Alice slashed her whip out lashing toward the white fox, wrapping it around the blade of his sword before throwing a lance of her own radiant white fire into his chest, launching him back several yards as the curved blade fell to the grass.

I was all too eager to take on the summer spirit once again, our blades clashing as I watched Triallia blur out of sight, before the autumn spirit simply launched out of the fray, tumbling across the grass.

"You make an enemy of the entire Faemarch with this alliance!" The summer fox snarled the words in my face as I gave him a wide grin.

"Then maybe you shouldn't destroy other's ships!" I barked out and rolled my saber to pull his blade away, slamming my flaming left fist into his jaw. He staggered back with a yowl as my sword came up while his body pivoted from the blow.

He regained his balance and our blades clashed again as he barked out into my face, "This is greater than your damnable watercraft!"

"To hell with what you think! That was more than a ship!" I screamed out as my sword smashed into his own again and again as I drove him back. "I made love to Katrina for the first time on that ship, taught her to sail on it!"

My saber deflected his curved sword and I drove my free fist right into his jaw, hitting him with such force his whole body spun away from me with the blow.

I saw my opening as his backside came into view and drove my saber down as he had turned, neatly taking one of his tails right off. The fox screamed in fury and agony as I planted a boot into his back, sending him several yards through the dirt and grass. "That is for my ship and the memories she carried to the bottom of the bay with her!"

"Brother!" The white fox called out as he picked himself up, having seen what I did, his teeth clenching in his muzzle as he summoned a white flame to fire towards me.

My twin in my soul turned the juice up and I simply thrust my free hand out, my flaming fist sending the white fire off to the side as I batted it off course, snarling as I started stomping towards the trio of foxes, my lover and the other spirit at my side.

"Damn you!" The summer spirit spat the words out, his golden eyes shaking in their sockets, a look of madness I recognized from when Triallia was on her rampage. "I'll not let you-"

I lifted my hand, sending another burst of fire straight into his face, sending him to the ground once more. "Save your melodramatic speeches for someone who cares!" I barked out the words, clenching my teeth as I saw the other two spirits helping him up.

"Siblings, your gambit has failed, but I commend you for your cunning. I have had my fair share of humbling situations lately, so I offer you the choice I know you would have not given me. Leave my realm now, and I will not exact gruesome retribution upon the lot of you." Triallia stuck her nose up in the air, flames rolling off both her handpaws.

The trio of spirits nodded at one another before the winter one called out, "Do not think this was some haphazard attempt!"

"Yes, we also came prepared with contingence in place." The autumn fox glare upon us as she hissed the words out.

The summer spirit stood, snarling furiously as he looked behind himself, seeing the missing tail, then simply thrust his paw out as a large rift opened above him. "Behold, we have summoned the champions of our respective realms to aid us!"