Blood and Ice Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My lord, this is a joyous day indeed. We never thought that you'd have an heir. We all hoped of course. May I see her?"

The man nodded. He beckoned the woman forward and showed Alexander the bundle of clothes which held a small child.

"Oh, my lord, she's beautiful. She looks just like you."

"Yes, let's get her inside. I want her baptised before they get there hands on her. At least this will give her a chance against them. They walked past everyone and made there way to the building.

"Lex are you okay?"

Jason's question knocked me to my senses.

"Yeah I'm fine, I've just been daydreaming."

We made are way into the building. The entrance to the building was very impressive there were wolves carved out of the stone. Inside the was a set of stone stairs that led up to a large wooden door. Jason went up to this door.

"Come on Lex, what's wrong?" Jason asked.

"Probably nothing. It's just very creepy in here, that's all."

I ran after Jason to catch up. He opened the door. I couldn't see into the room as it was pitch black. We walked in. I was about to ask Jason if he could light something when he lit a torch and held it up. We walked around the room lighting the torches that lined the walls. When he was finished I could see the room properly there was a stone table covered in a green cloth embroidered with a gold wolf behind the table there was an alter. I walked over to it there were knifes and tall glass jars.

"What on earth is this place Jason?" I asked.

"This is the shadow raiders sacrifice room." he said.

"And what exactly do they sacrifice?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"Mainly wolves, for their blood. But they do the occasional human as well. It's also how they initiate their people. They're left with a scar on their stomach."

Before I knew anything else Jason launched him self onto me causing me to fall back on to the table. I couldn't fight him he was far too strong.

"Jason! What the hell are you doing?" I screamed.

"I'm going to see if your one of them once and for all." Jason said. I felt a pair of hands strap me down to the table. I looked up and it was Gabriel. When I was securely tied to the table Jason produced a knife.

"Would you like to do the honour my lord?" Jason asked.

"Yes I would, thank you." Gabriel walked round to the front of me, opened my cloak and cut into my dress around the stomach and cut the cloth away.

"Well is she?" Jason asked.

"I don't think so, but I want absolute proof. Where's the blood?" Gabriel asked.

I heard Jason fumbling about for a moment. "Here it is, my lord. Do you want me to hold her mouth open?"

This was it! I had to spit this out somehow Jason prized my mouth open and Gabriel poured the blood into my mouth. The good thing was that I didn't have to pretend. The blood was awful! It had probably been lying around for a very long time. As soon as the blood touched my tongue I spat it out and vomited onto the floor.

Gabriel had loosened the straps. I vomited a few more times before Jason said "Lex I'm sorry. We had to know if you were one of them!"

I spat back at him, "Are you satisfied now?"

They both nodded there heads. Gabriel said, "Yes we are. No shadow raider could have spit the blood out no matter how old it might be."

"Can I go now, please, my lord?"

He nodded. I pulled my cloak over me and stormed out of the building. Jason came running after me.

"Lex waits. What's wrong?" he asked.

"Oh, let's see you take me in there under false intentions strap me to a sacrifice table rip my dress and pour blood down my throat at what part did you think I was okay with it Jason?"

I stormed off leaving Jason in the snow. I just went straight to the castle. I looked an awful state! My dress ripped and blood and vomit all down my face. Jess was in the main hall when I went in. "Lex what's wrong?"

I snapped back "Ask Gabriel what's wrong!" I stormed off down to my room. I locked the door behind me. I didn't want to see any one. I got my self cleaned up. I had to change into my night dress since it was the only dress I had. I lay down on the bed and before long I heard a knock on the door. I just ignored it. I wasn't in the mood for talking to anyone. I closed my eyes just for a few minutes and before I knew anything else I drifted off to sleep.

When I awoke I could hear voices out side my door. I went to the bathroom. Back in my room I looked and saw that there was a note pushed under the door. It said:

Miss Orion,

could you please meet us in the food hall when you wake as I would like to explain a few things to you. Also please find a new dress when you open the door.

Lord Gabriel

I thought to my self, "I'd better go or I'll never hear the end of it." I opened the door and sure enough there was a dress waiting for me. I got changed into it and made my way up to the food hall. Gabriel, Jess and Jason were there waiting for me. I said very politely.

"You wanted to see me, my lord?"

Everyone looked around.

Gabriel said, "Yes Lex, please sit and eat."

I sat as far as I could from Jason.

"Please let me explain why we did what we did. We couldn't trust you because there was no record of you in the castle or any ware and even servants have records, we weren't sure of your parentage but we know now that it's not possible for you to be one of our enemies because if you were you would have swallowed the blood. We all believe you now. I have to admit we didn't believe you at first. Now that we have that sorted out, we're having a ball in three weeks. Would you like to join us for it?"

I said, "I'd be honoured my lord."

"If you want Lex, I'll have a dress made for you." Jess said.

"I'd like that Jess, thanks!"

Jason was trying to make eye contact but I just ignored him we chatted some more I wanted to spend more time with Jess but some one from the kitchen spoke to Gabriel and told him that there was no one to give the prisoners there food.

"Lex I'm sorry but you have to go down and feed the prisoners. Be careful, the guards aren't on duty tonight." Gabriel asked.

"Why aren't the guards on duty my lord?" I asked.

"We don't have the guards on after ten o'clock at night. It's not necessary."

Gabriel threw me the keys and told me to find him when I was finished. I nodded.

I left with the person from the kitchen. I collected the food and made my way down. I opened Alexander's door he smiled when he saw me he whispered,

"Your highness I'm glad to see you again."

I handed him his food. I locked the door and went to the other cells. When I got to my father's cell he was sitting on his bed. This time I could see him. He was the man from the vision I had before I entered the sacrifice hall. I knelt before him and handed him his food. He looked puzzled.

"Since when do light raider servants show any respect to us?"

I know I shouldn't have but I blurted it out "Since I'm not a light raider, my lord. I'm your daughter Alexandria."

He slid off the bed on to the floor and looked into me eyes.

"My daughter! What on earth are you doing here?" he whispered in my ear.

"I'm trying to get you all out! What else would I be doing in here?"

He gave me a tight hug. "I missed you so much. Look how much you've grown."

"Father listen, when there are guards or anyone about you must pretend that I'm just a servant nothing else. I promise that I'll get you out of this hell."

He held my head in his hands. "You remind me so much of your dear mother. Here, take this."

He reached into his pocket and handed me a small silver bracelet that had different charms on it.

"I was going to give you this when you were old enough. It's a family heirloom; it's a sign of your royal blood."

"Father, you keep it and when we get out of here you can give it to me. I would be afraid of someone seeing it and identifying me." he nodded.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and I went to leave before I left I said "I'm going to get you out of here and I'm going to make them pay for what they've done to us! That I promise you father."

I locked his door. I felt a deep sadness in my heart having to lock up my father, but I meant what I said and I didn't care that Jess was one of them. My loyalty was to my father and always would be no matter what. I went to find Gabriel I found him lounging about on the tenth floor.

"Did Lucifer give you any problems?" he asked.

"No, my lord, he didn't. I was just in and out I didn't stay long."

"Very well I think that Jason is looking for you."

I just nodded I wasn't in the mood for Jason so I just went back to my room but there he was sitting on my bed.

"Jason could you please leave?" I asked.

"Not until I explain why I did what I did."

"Jason I'm not in the mood for this either. Leave or I'll get a guard to help you leave; your choice!"

"Fine, but we need to talk Lex. I only did what I did because I had no choice. I couldn't disobey Gabriel. I would have been executed!" Then he stormed out of my room.

I locked the door encase he decided to come back that night. I slept very well knowing that I had given my father some hope.

The next few weeks passed very quickly. It was a week before the ball. I needed somehow to get in contact with someone from our council. They had suggested that someone keep an eye on me. I had a sneaky suspicion that someone was in the forest. The only problem was getting outside without someone seeing me. That was nearly impossible with Jason hanging around me all the time. I had to try anyway, so one day after my work I went out to the grounds for a walk.

Sure enough, Jason followed me outside. "Lex wait! Where are you going?"

"I'm going for a walk alone, so for the millionth time Jason, leave me alone!" I walked away from him.

Luck was on my side that day. As I walked away a heavy blizzard struck. It was a complete white out! It covered my tracks and it meant that no one could see where I was going. I reached the forest. I searched for a good hour before I found anyone. Damien and Michael were obviously camping out. They were glad to see me. They both threw their arms round me.

"Princess, are you okay? Did the plan fail? Are they treating you okay?"

I had a million questions to answer before I could even open my mouth.

"Look! here's the deal. I'm fine. The plans going well and we have an opportunity to get them out. I just need one of you to get into the castle. I can't get them out alone. I need an alibi. I've spoken to Alexander and my father. they're in the dungeons. The security is lousy. They don't have any guards after ten at night and none at all if there's a ball. There just so happens to be a ball in one week's time. I think that's when we need to strike. I can get the keys to the cells but not to their chains. They're each chained to the wall of their cells. Can I trust you to find away round that?"

We talked for a while longer to discuss the finer details of the plan of how we were going to get them out of the castle. Eventually we came up with an idea that we all liked.

I wanted to spend more time with them but I heard a voice shouting "Lex, Lex".

It was Jason. If he caught me with Damien and Michael it would be over!

I told them I had to go. Then I realised that I had to explain the length of time I had been gone. As soon as I got clear of Michael and Damien I pretended to collapse in the snow. It was drastic I know, but at the time it was necessary.

"Lex, Lex!!!" I heard Jason running up to me. He turned me over and checked for a pulse. A few other people heard his screams and ran over. One of them was Gabriel.

"Jason is she okay?"

"She's unconscious but breathing and very cold. She must have collapsed in the snow." Jason slid his arms under my legs and lifted me up off the ground and into his arms.

Gabriel said, "Get her inside quickly Jason."

I felt Jason run with me. He went upstairs. I felt my self being laid down on a very soft bed. My cloak was removed and I was changed into a night dress and covered with warm blanket. I felt very cosy. I felt Jason stroking my hair.

"Will she be okay Gabriel?" Jason asked.

"I will have the doctor see her immediately." Gabriel said, and he left in a hurry.

I think Jason was crying.

"Lex I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have let you go on our own. This wouldn't have happened had I been with you."

He brushed the hair out of my eyes and kissed me on the cheek. A few minutes later I could hear people entering the room. I felt hands turning me round and placing a thermometer in my mouth.

"She has hypothermia. You just need to keep her warm and keep her in bed for a week or two. She'll make a full recovery."

Gabriel said "Thank you for coming on short notice doctor."

The doctor said, "it's not a problem my lord."

He left and Jason stayed at my bed side. I "came round" a few hours later. I looked around. I was in a large room that was gold in colour. The bed clothes were a rich blue.

"Lex, how are you feeling?" Jason asked.

"Jason where am I? I the last thing I remember was going out for my walk and everything went black I don't remember anything apart from you picking me up thank you Jason." I said.

"Any-time Lex. Please understand that I didn't have a choice with helping Gabriel. If I had the choice I wouldn't have done it. I hope you can forgive me."

"Don't get me wrong, Jason. I was mad. but I understand that you didn't have a choice. That's why I had to take the walk. To clear my head and to think about things."

Jason leaned over and kissed me. When we broke away he said, "I have something for you. Here!"

he handed me a gold necklace with a gold dragon on it inlayed with diamonds he put it round my neck it fitted perfectly.

"Thank you Jason, it's beautiful."

"I was hoping you would wear it to the ball. I was also hoping you'd like to go with me to the ball." Jason kept his eyes to the floor.

"I'd love to go with you Jason, providing I get a suitable dress." I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Gabriel came in with a tray of food for me. "Well, how are we feeling?"

"A lot better. Thank you my lord." I said.

"Here, eat up! You look half starved. Get plenty of rest. The doctor said to stay in bed for a week or so. But, if your feeling better for the ball I'll let you go."

I started into the tray of food. The food was gorgeous. I didn't even know what it was. Jason stayed with me all the time. Gabriel visited when he could and I never saw Jess except when she came down to get my measurements for the dress she said she would get for me. I wasn't allowed out of bed apart from using the bathroom.

"Where am I, any way?" I asked.

Jason said, "This is my room. Do you like it?"

"It's gorgeous. where have you been sleeping?"

"On a spare bed in Gabriel's room."

I was shocked that he was giving up his bed for me so I said, "After the ball I'll move back to my room."

Jason looked a little disappointed and just nodded.

It was three nights before the ball. Most of my time was spent with Jason. We talked about different things, but mainly about the ball. Apparently this ball was being held because Jess would be coming of age soon and these were the events leading up to that historic moment.

I was sort of looking forward to the ball. I was getting sick of all the bad dresses. At least, at the ball, I could feel like a princess again and no one would be suspicious. It was also when my plan was going into action! Finally, we would have my father back.

The next day Gabriel came and asked me if I was feeling up to cleaning out the cells. They were short handed in the kitchen. I dressed and went down stairs to the cells. The guards were on their break so I got the chance to talk to my father. When I went into his cell I cleaned his chamber pot.

When I came back in he said " I was afraid that they'd found you out as you didn't come down for nearly a week."

"No, I had to fake hypothermia because Michael and Damien were talking to me and kept me for to long."

"Good thinking! You have your mothers brain, that's for certain."

I liked the little chat I had with my father. Unfortunately they were cut short thanks to Jason following me around everywhere. It was starting to annoy me but I put up with it.

The night of the ball was finally upon us. I was in Jason's room when he came in.

"Lex meet me down in the main hall when you're ready; okay?"

"I will Jason."

He left me alone to get ready. I went to the bathroom. I washed and put on a little make up, did my hair up with a little glitter and hair pins. I picked up my dress. I hadn't actually seen it yet. I put the dress on. It was a gorgeous dress. It was powder blue covered with sequins. I pulled the straps over my shoulders and put on the matching blue shoes. I looked not bad for a wolf in sheep's clothing. I got a shawl to set my outfit off and then set off for the main hall. I walked out and I started to get funny looks from every one. I when I got to the hall Jason was standing at the bottom of the stairs. I had to admit he did look good in his suit with his hair neatly washed and combed. I walked up beside him and he turned round.

"Lex?" he said.

"It's me aright. What's the matter Jason, are you okay?"

He started to stammer and splutter a lot. "You look beautiful!" he finally managed to get out. Gabriel came running up to me.

"Lex, I'm so sorry I know I said you could have the day off but the person that was supposed to cover you is sick, so we need you to clean the cells."

This was my golden opportunity. I pretended to be annoyed and just said "Very well my lord. I don't like this but I will do as you ask."

I took the keys from him and headed down stairs.

I had a mad idea! It was worth a try. Instead of going down stairs I went out to the place where I met up with Michael and Damien, but this time there was more of them. The whole council had come to see my plan work.

"Right! Here's what's going to happen. I'll sneak Michael, Damien, and John into the castle. The rest of you get into a position for attacking them. As far as you know, I'm one of them okay?"

They all nodded and finally it was time for me to keep my promise to my father! It was time to set him free, once and for all.

12