Blood & Magic Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He touched his chest and then gestured to the room, "It is a threat to all of us. The fire resulted in the largest threat to the Masquerade. Therefore, it is crucial that tonight, we as a community come together to share our wisdom and our resources to ensure our survival."

He turned to his left and gestured for Amos to come forward, "Sheriff Tillman, are there any updates from you and Deputy Harding?"

Amos led his Deputy, the woman with facial tattoos, in front of the Prince, along with Seneschal Roujeau sitting by his side.

Amos bowed his head, "Yer Majesty, we've been patrollin abandoned areas in Michigan, hospitals, factories, any place that might be a hidin spot for the Brood." He turned and extended his long arm behind him to point at Ashley, "Lady Katz has been helpin us by identifyin any patterns of missin mortals."

Prince Hall rested his elbow on the armrest of his seat, "And you believe this approach is most effective?"

Deputy Harding nodded, "Yes your grace. Through my interrogations of the prisoner, I have deducted she is a member of the Scarlet Rite. "

Kirstin noted a hum of hushed voices behind her. Melissa stepped forward to listen closer. Prince Hall sat upright, "Who are they?"

"A small faction among the Brood. They care most about exploring how far they can take their indulgence, whether that is lust or some other vice. I had heard of them once before, but this is the first time I'd seen them in person. The mass orgy" she rolled her eyes, "Has been consistent with what rumors I've heard about them. Kidnapping mortals to suit their lust seems to be their primary reason for trespassing."

"Is it clear what purpose these orgies serve besides causing a commotion in the news?" Seneschal Roujeau asked.

Deputy Hardy shrugged, "They aren't the most complex of factions. It could have been part to threaten the Masquerade and part for their own indulgence. I did not recognize any particular ritual when we were there."

"That is all you have obtained from over a week of interrogation?" Prince Hall asked.

"I'm sorry your Grace but yes. So far, Mica's cognitions are dysregulated at the moment. I'm giving her a night to rest before trying again. It's hard for me to determine if she's hiding something intentionally or her memories are blocked by the influence of another vampire."

"Are you certain Deputy Harding that your approach was not too extreme?" The Seneschal asked.

Amos raised his hand, "Ah been checkin in Seneschal. Hardin's taken a slow approach without much violence, it's just uh, taken longer than we tought."

"If I may." Dominic's voice came from behind Kirstin and startled her. He walked forward and stood behind Amos. "If the Deputy is not certain the prisoner's mind has been tampered with, I'm willing to observe myself. I'm confident within a night I can scan their mind to see."

"That's something that should have been done at the start." Elena blurted out. She spoke louder than the Prince, her voice sounded European but Kirstin could not pinpoint the country, "I wonder why someone as skilled in domination as Priscus Yemeni was not invited."

"It ain't a party Lady Barba and ah chose mah Deputy because that's her job." Amos' large head turned, his eye peeking over his shoulder. Kirstin wanted to back away yet, Elena didn't budge.

Melissa rolled her eyes and stepped forward. "I would also be willing to assist Priscus Yemeni in scanning the prisoner's mind."

Elena snorted, "Don't you have enough jobs related to this mess Priscus Watkins?' she nodded to Kirstin.

"Unless you were there that night." Seneschal Roujeau's nostrils flaired, "I'd advise you to be silent Lady Barba while we are discussing the matter."

Elena bowed her head, "Of course Seneschal, my apologies to you and those involved." She stepped back and stood next to Ashley.

"Then it's settled," Prince Hall broke the silence, "Prisci Yemeni and Watkins will assist Deputy Harding in the interrogation. I want you to report to Seneschal Roujeau with what you find. If she has any other information, continue."

"And if she doesn't?" Deputy Harding asked.

Hall's chin lifted, "Bring her to me, she still has much to pay for." He let a minute of silence pass before speaking, "That takes care of that matter, now, Priscus Watkins. As Lady Barba mentioned, you too had a task. Has miss Delaney proven herself worthy of residing in my domain?"

Sakeena closed her eyes and muttered what sounded like a prayer. Melissa turned to Kirstin and held her hand out, "I will have her give you the answer your Grace."

Melissa, Amos, Deputy Harding, and Dominic parted to the side, giving Kirstin the floor. As she walked towards the dais, Elizabeth followed her from behind. Prince Hall placed his hands in his lap and dipped his head.

"Your...majesty." Kirstin muttered.

"Speak up childe." The Seneschal asked.

"Your Majesty. I am Kirstin Delaney, of clan Daeva, my sire was destroyed in the hospital. I humbly request permission to reside in your domain." She wanted to look to Melissa or Elizabeth to see if she correctly recalled her introduction. She only had the Prince to make that determination.

"To reside in my domain." The Prince began, "You must reside by the Laws. Do you know what they are?"

Kirstin licked her lips and opened her mouth, silently mouthing the first syllable before her memory recalled the answer, "There will be no violation of the Masquerade. All vampires who wish to feed in a Prince's domain must declare themselves to the Prince. There will be no destruction of another vampire without permission. A vampire cannot destroy another vampire by feeding on them. There will be no embrace of a mortal without permission. And no feeding or manipulation of the domain's police, firefighters or other public safety workers."

Prince Hall's lip curled to present a twisted smile, baring his fangs, "Well done. So, your existence has violated two of my laws. Why shouldn't I destroy you?"

"I-I can be useful." Kirstin blurted out, she couldn't sweat but she could feel her legs tremble, "I have been a detective for years, I know this domain well. I could help find answers about the hospital."

Prince Hall returned to resting his head on his hand, leaning his elbow onto his chair, "So you wish to serve the domain not simply avoid your Final Death. That shows promise." He looked past her to the rest of his Court, "Does anyone else in the Domain wish to speak? Your words may not influence my Will, but I do wish to hear any glaring concerns one may have."

"You identified yourself with the Daeva clan yet you have no sire." Seneschal Roujeau said, "How did you determine your clan?"

"I..." Kirstin hesitated, she did not want to cite her unquenched sex drive as the only evidence, "Some of my abilities seemed to fit with the Daeva clan." She looked to Melissa, "Me-Priscus Watkins helped me with finding Priscus De Le Croix, who verified that I am part of her clan."

"Is this true?" Prince Hall asked.

Elizabeth stepped forward and stood beside Kirstin, opposite of Melissa. "Yes yer Majesty. As soon as Priscus Watkins observed her abilities, such as strength and the slight ability to mesmerize mortals, she contacted me."

"Abilities are one part." Prince Hall stated, "But they are only one layer that makes us kindred. How did you determine that she is part of your family?"

Elizabeth stared at Kirstin, "I observed her huntin, her...passions are quite fittin for our clan." She smirked and looked up at the Prince, "Given that her sire was part of this Scarlet Rite, I am confident she be my kin."

"As impressive as it was to identify your family, "Dominic circled around Melissa to face Kirstin, "I have concerns about Miss Delaney's ties to the Ann Arbor police. Not only was her embrace a violation of the Domain's law, any officer who may recognize her could open up an investigation that would be an even bigger threat to the Masquerade than the Brood."

"And." Melissa held up a finger, "She possesses thorough knowledge of names of police, procedures, and logistics within the police department. We have access to a network of information within the community we did not possess before."

"The Prince's Law was still broken. It sends a message that they can be broken without punishment." Dominic kept his gaze on Melissa, Kirstin wanted to back into the crowd, to hug Sakeena and let these two argue.

"I commend and value Priscus Yemeni's respect for the Laws." Prince Hall held up his hand, "I also share my own concern about Miss Delaney's ties to the police." He stood up from his seat and walked forward, "Given the history of police brutality on Black people, my people, I question why Ms. Delaney sought to join them in the first place." He clasped his hands behind his back as he approached her. "I understand you identify as a lesbian?" when she nodded he continued, "So again, I'm curious why you would want to be a cop."

"I-I-" Kirstin stammered, "I wanted to help the LGBTQ community." She clenched her jaw, she didn't know what the Prince would do, but the closer her moved to her, the harder it was to remain still.

"Go on." He said

"I knew so many of my friends who had been beaten up." She said, "I wanted to be in law enforcement to put a stop to hate crimes."

He was inches from her face, the pupils of his eyes looking thin and narrow. Without breaking eye contact he asked, "Priscus Watkins?"

"She's telling the truth." Melissa said, circling around Kirstin.

He smiled, up close his teeth looked jagged, each tooth its own gnarled shape. "Good." He turned away from Kirstin and returned to his seat. "As always, I value the voices of this domain." He began, "As Prince, it is my will that determines the fate of you all. Yet, undeath is never simple. Circumstances, such as Miss Delaney can happen and it is up to me to determine her fate. The Laws of the Domain have been in place for centuries even before I was named Prince. This decision is not easy and that is why it is important to hear different perspectives."

He gestured to Dominic, "Priscus Yemeni is correct, to grant you" he pointed to Kirstin, "Permission in my domain risks sending a message that the Laws can be broken. However, Laws that are inflexible, can also threaten the domain. I can gather Miss Delaney that your desire to uphold the law of mortals' seems to stem from a desire to help others. Priscus Watkins also lists a number of ways in which you could be useful to this domain."

He looked to Amos, "The one who did break my law has been punished, having met his Final Death at the hands of the Sheriff. The others responsible will also be punished, but we have not found them yet." Prince Hall lengthened his spine as he rested into his chair, "Given these factors, I hereby grant you permission to feed in my domain Miss Delaney."

Kirstin herd whispers behind her. Some sounded shocked, others outraged. Hall slammed his fist onto his chair, drawing a silence to the room, "Anyone who wishes to question me may do so now."

His face looked skull-like as his nostrils flared, when no one responded he continued, "This is not a reward. Miss Delaney will continue to receive guidance from Priscus Watkins, since it was she who crossed paths with Miss Delaney to begin with." He turned to Elizabeth, "Priscus De Le Croix, you will also keep watch of Miss Delaney, helping her refine her abilities until they are in her control."

"Yes your Majesty." Melissa stated.

"It is yer will yer Grace." Elizabeth added.

Hall leaned forward so that his eyes were level with Kirstin's, "This does not mean I am pleased Miss Delaney. By letting you remain here, I am sending a message that my laws can be broken. I am expecting you to assist the domain in finding the Brood so they can answer for their crimes."

"Y-Yes your Majesty." Kirstin nodded, "I'll do everything that I can."

The Prince stood up from his chair, "That is all that remains related to official Court. Any requests can be relayed to Seneschal Roujeau. You are all dismissed."

As soon as the Prince stepped off of the dais, hushed whispers filled the room. Kirstin turned around, noting how every thrall and vampire in attendance had eyes on her. She gauged the mood from nonverbal expressions, many were neutral, others frowned.

"Well done Miss Delaney." Elizabeth said as she patted Kirstin on the back, "Ye handled yerself well against the Prince. Let's plan to meet again in a few nights. For now, I have some other kindred I need to chat with, have a good evenin."

"Good job babe!" Sakeena stepped where Elizabeth was, clasping her hands together, "I'd kiss you if I could."

"Easy there." Melissa stood by Sakeena and touched her shoulder, "You already lost the chance to cum tonight, don't make me stretch that to a week."

Sakeena held her hands up and backed away, "Not doing anything. Today was excruciating enough."

"Impressive Kirstin." Melissa said, "I didn't think the Prince would ask you about your motivations for law enforcement."

"It was the truth." Kirstin shrugged.

"Always wise to tell the truth when in Court, especially with me in the room." She winked. "We should talk with Sheriff Tillman and his Deputy before the night is over since it's likely you'll be working with them. But for now, I think you earned yourself a little social time."

"Earned?" Kirstin repeated, "Thanks I guess. Just come grab me when you're ready." When Melissa left kirstin relaxed her shoulders, "I didn't know being undead could still feel exhausting.

"It's all the formalities." Sakeena said, "There are so many titles and social cues to memorize, it's a lot at first but you get used to it."

Before Kirstin could respond, Lady Barba stepped in front of Sakeena without looking at her. She flashed a pair of white teeth in a smile and extended a gloved hand, "Welcome to the domain, I am Lady Elena Barba of clan Ventrue and Invictus member.

"Kirstin Delaney, of the-"

"-Oh I already heard you childe. I am curious though how you got so entangled in with our world." She rested her hand on her hip, up close, Kirstin could see the outline of her curvaceous body, "I only know of you from what Priscus Yemeni has said."

"Long story." Kirstin rolled her eyes, "It started with the Matthew Varnes case and..." she saw Sakeena widen her eyes, shifting her pupils left and right. "Then every time I tried to do my job, I happened to run into vampires."

"Your job?" Elena waved her hand before Kirstin could respond, "Oh yes you're a detective. You must be good at your job to have found so many of us. Where else have you happened to find vampires childe?"

Kirstin stammered again, eyes shifting to Sakeena, whose face seemed to turn pale, "Oh it seemed all over. U of M campus, Necto, the woods."

"The woods?" Elena raised her eyebrow, "what brought you out there?"

The questions worsened Kirstin's fear, Elena asked in the same way she spoke during Court. Kirstin felt she was on trial again. She remembered what Melissa said a moment ago about the truth and answered, "It was when I happened to followed Sakeena...."

A pivot of her hips distracted Kirstin from finishing her sentence. Reaching behind her back also startled her. Elena's smile faded when she watched Kirstin thrust her chest out.

"What are you doing?" Elena asked.

Kirstin pinched the zipper to her dress and pulled it down. She wanted to stop, but her body seemed disconnected from her mind, as if her hands followed instructions that she didn't remember giving. Once unzipped, Kirstin pushed the sleaves to her dress over her shoulder, revealing her breasts. Amy's brassiers did not fit, and Kirstin was mortified to expose herself to Elena.

"How dare you?!" she hissed as she stepped back, "This behavior is unacceptable!"

"I'm sorry-I-I don't know what's happening!" By now Kirstin's dress was down to her hips, her lip quivered as she saw other people staring at her. "Someone help me!"

With her legs squeezed together, Kirstin sashayed her hips, pushing her dress down, revealing one of Amy's undergarments that she stole: a backless purple laced pair of cheekini panties. Two thin ribbons tied together in a bow just above the crack of her exposed ass. Kirstin shrieked once her dress fell to her feet. She continued shaking her hips, lifting her arms as she twirled in a circle, her backside leading her as she presented it to everyone.

"Oh my god!" her face burned in reaction to the stunned faces of all the vampires in the room. Then she reached down hooking her thumbs into her panties, "No please. Not that! Please not here!" Kirstin's hands did not listen as they pushed her panties down to her knees.

As soon as her ass was exposed, Kirstin took a wide stance as she twerked, "Sakeena! Someone stop this!"

Elena turned to others in the room, "Who is using their powers on her?"

"Everyone back off!" Amos shouted.

Kirstin continued twerking until her panties fell to the floor. As soon as they were off her body, she stopped. She wanted to cover up and she was able to, arms hugging her breasts. Kirstin crouched low, hiding her pussy behind her legs as she looked up over Amos.

"You betta start explainin yerself Delaney. This ain't the place to be droppin yer britches."

"I don't know!" Kirstin felt tears fall down her cheeks, as the kindred of Michigan circled her. "I was answering her question." She looked to Elena.

Elena crossed her arms and turned her nose upward, "I was simply having a conversation. She seemed to indicate she had seen vampires elsewhere when she was mortal and I asked where. She mentioned the woods and I wondered why." She looked at Sakeena, "She said she had followed Sakeena and that's when she began to do her striptease."

Amos turned to Sakeena, "followed her where?"

Sakeena remained stiff as Amos stared her down, "Kirstin followed me several places when she suspected my association with Melissa. She may have followed me when I attended a Circle of the Crone gathering but I don't know when that would've been."

"Ahm less worried bout that and more bout why she started takin her clothes off." He looked to Kirstin, "Ya said you couldn't 't control it?"

Kirstin shook her head, " No, it felt like I had no control over my body. I'm so sorry!" She recoiled from Deputy Harding, who had knelt down to examine her.

"Miss Delaney, do you recall any vampire ever giving you instructions to do something like this?"

"You know she would not remember." A woman's low voice came from the crowd. The vampires in the circle parted to let in a woman almost as tall as Amos. Her gown slid across the floor, gold fabric shimmered under the lights. She wore a gold arm band around her left tricep. Her black hair flowed behind her shoulders, natural curles that bounced with each step.

Her dark, narrow eyes examined Kirstin. "This behavior is a sign of Domination." Her accent sounded foreign to Kirstin, Spanish or something else. Before she could identify it, the woman knelt down, grabbed Kirstin's chin and forced her to stand.

Kirstin kept one hand over her womanhood as she stood up, making sure her other arm hid her nipples. Being the only vampire naked among the rest made her feel vulnerable, her nipples had hardened and she tried to resist letting the tingling sensation go free.

"By who is the question, Hierophant Vercci." Dominic stood behind Kirstin.

The word "Hierophant" conjured Kirstin's memory of the woman, where she first saw her in the woods. She was also naked when they first crossed paths. She wanted to avoid eye contact but the woman's hand kept it still.

"It could be more foolishness from the Brood." The Hierophant's head tilted, "Perhaps they had planned for her to do this in public and threaten another breach."

"Why was it in answer to Lady Barba's question?" Amos asked.