All Comments on 'Blood from a Turnip'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 289 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
well written but whacked out

So many crazy things in this often-rambling story it felt less like a roller-coaster ride and more like a train wreck. A point or two for style and imagination but that's about it.

Mr_BostonMr_Bostonabout 13 years ago
Fast Read

Good story, fast moving which helps long stories read better. sidenote: It's Cavalry (military/police unit), the word Calvary is about some religious thing and a mountain.

StangStar06StangStar06about 13 years ago
I loved it

This story was great, All of the pieces were there, he was inventive in the way he handled everything. Yet in a way he was merciful as well, he did let her see her kids and be a part of their lives. He was also smart enough to protect himself in the future, by not remarrying her or commiting to her. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
The wrong one

went to jail. Any man that would set up his wife so he could ambush them from behind a door, just to keep assets and an upper hand, plus fake an attack in the first place isn't much of a man.

In fact, he is a coward.

Sure, money, assets, control? Who is really wrong here?

The Hubby. But still, it's just a story, can't say I liked it but fairly well written.

markellymarkellyabout 13 years ago
Great..

A good read and I liked it... A good first story, thank you.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Great story right out there in your face

Your are a good writer looking forward to reading some more of your stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Story.

Anon on 3/27 is really an ass. So ignor the idiot comment. Story was good. Such a relief to see a story where the husband is not a wimp.

SKHPSKHPabout 13 years ago
The two wifes' behaviour was a little bit over the top

Obviously, the author has some bad own experience with the "no-fault"-system of divorce and the "child-belongs-to-mother"-cliché. Therefore, he tends to exaggerate.

But in which really good and loving marriage a wife would ever behave in such a humilating way? She deserved all the clever but faulty tricks he played on her. She is a first-class selfish bitch and does not seem to have changed a bit after her nightmare. Perhaps it would be a good thing to read "her view" of the story.

fregenfregenabout 13 years ago
A Novel Solution

After being together for 10 years she had to know how he would react. I guess making her mentally unstable gives the story a valid reason for her to make such a blatant, in-his-face action.<P>

And a wonderful primer on the reality of financial woes of the divorced American male.<P>

Obviously his solution was illegal as hell but it made for an interesting story - Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! Rather doubtful that she would have been so cooperative in real life.<P>

Welcome. Thanks for sharing.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 13 years ago
Satire, but . . .

. . . but when does satire become farce and when is someone here going to deal with this issue in any sort of serious vein. Yes, there probably are inequities in how the legal system treats finances in divorce action. From what I understand judges always place the children's concerns paramount. I don't have a problem with that concept, but then our youngest was 27 when my then wife and I divorced. Rhenquist can address the legal issues if he so chooses; I think he has recently come to think of that.

The issue that does deserve some pass at serious consideration is the whole social health of both parties of a couple who have been married for fifteen to twenty years, are raising teenaged children with all of the pressures that long term, no failure possible, no real guidance available task does involve. It is unrealistic to draw a fence around that relationship with his and her gates and the opposite spouse guarding use of the gate. Men can go out with the boys and that is socially acceptable; women can go out with the girls okay as well. Can someone, anyone, make a reasonable case why either spouse can not go out with someone of the opposite gender without is becoming a scorched earth battleground.

Much of Lisa's arguements at the very start of this farce have a lot of validity.

As a story, the farce lasted about a page and half too long and lost its humor.

looking4itlooking4itabout 13 years ago
Enjoyable

It was a nice take on the familiar story. I, for one, am glad they didn't "somehow" formally get together in the end. From my own experience I know that depression can affect how one behaves, but I agree with the story that is simply a reason and the other person is still responsible for their actions and reactions. As for the main character being a coward (as suggested earlier) I'd have to say that he did what was necessary in the situation as he saw it. Adaptive to be sure, but not cowardly. Does anonymous honestly thing the self-centered, depressed, manic woman would have been a loving mother? That kind of behavior laced with mental problems would have spiraled out of control to the detriment of her children.

Anyway, good story. I enjoyed it. Nice that it wasn't a wimp or total "scorched earth" ending...something in the middle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
very interesting

Anon on 3-27 is an idiot! Why shouldn't the guy set his ex-wife and ex-sister in law up like that? They both cheated on their husbands, they both used the children as weapons against their exes, and yet somehow they're the innocent ones? I don't say what he did was right, I would hate to advise it as a strategy, but some actions and some conducts deserve harsh treatment. Furthermore, why is it that so often it's "their conduct doesn't excuse yours, however your conduct excuses theirs?" There is such a thing as reap what you sow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
how can something go that bad

until the last chapters it was a good story, then it went complety to hell, a lot of rubish all together is what it ends up with

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Enjoyed the story - slut(s) got what they deserved.

The sad part is the stress & issues put on the husbands & kids by those two skanks. Without a doubt, the two self-centered whores earned their consequences. Glad the author did not have the husbands wimp out like a lot of the LW stories. Only fags like "Shoe" would have us believe it was not the sluts fault for this break-up of the marriages & lives [that dude is so lame]. Would have gotten 5 stars if he had put both of them out of their misery but then that would have shortened the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
TO anonymous WRONG ONE

Lets follow your argument to its logical conclusion. If what Vince did was wrong THEN Lisa was in the " right"

if they divorced Because

Lisa stepped out

Because Lisa thought she married down

Because Lisa asserted some no existant right to fuck other men

then Lisa somehow deserved or was entitled to ALL or a part of Hs assests (cash Property)?

If this is what you think... and clearly you do... then what in YOUR opinion would be a just reaction or punishment for a wife/ woman who cheats... who ruins her family... who humilates her husband... who thinks she has a right to all of his property...

???

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
only BobNBobbi the fucking idiot could think Lisa has a case

Really man get mental help you turd.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 13 years ago
Enjoyed this one . . .

This story flowed pretty well and I enjoyed it. I also believe the ploy that Vince used (i.e., faking a beating by the dumb jock wrestler Lisa planned to date) was original, or at least, I've not seen this plot device in any other Loving Wives story in the past few years.

That said, and the reason I gave it a "4" instead of a "5," were some glaring writing errors and other mistakes. For example, the calculation of brother Tommy's finances was incorrect. Alimony is not deducted from "after-tax dollars" but rather comes out of pre-tax income; i.e., it is fully tax deductible by the person who pays it.

Some examples of writing errors (there were lots; I just picked a few): " . . . before coming down off her organism high and getting off me to cuddle." (Should be orgasm, not organism). " . . . and my whole body went ridged." (Should be rigid, not ridged). I would strongly suggest an editor for the next story. I realize this isn't Shakespeare, but it helps the readability, and in some cases, the meaning, if the writing has been corrected.

I think this was a very good first effort and would encourage more stories from this author. There was enough in the way of consequences for the perpetrators to satisfy the 'torch the bitch' crowd (and I'm one of them!), including punishment for asshole Randy who thought it was OK to muscle his way into a married man's household, disrespect him, threaten him, and of course, fuck his wife. Randy was portrayed as dumb and acted accordingly.

Any man, acting as a bull, would check to be certain it was really what the husband wanted -- he would not risk jail for felonious assault, or worse. The other type of man, one who would fuck a married man's wife regardless of what the husband thinks, would do it in secret (e.g., the wife is having an affair and hubby knows nothing about it). Otherwise, the third party knows he could face trouble if hubby finds out and goes postal. Thanks very much for writing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
eh--- sort of good but serious problems with the Premise

The author is trying to do something here rather unique by coming up with a unique angle that is based on SOME realism ith regard to divorce cases and cheating wives. And the plot is quite interesting and has a lot of twists and turns and it. So in ine sense this is a enjoyable read.

But there are several problems with the story which really bother me.

The FIRST one is the conversation that Vince has with his wife Lisa regarding the situation between Tommy & Brandy.

How is it possible that Lisa could be so outraged over Brandy's actions/ cheating that she is the one that tells Tommy BUT then says well cheating is OK under some circumstances?

*-*-*

SECOND... Vince's reaction upon learning that Lisa thinks cheating is ok.

Re -read carefully what Lisa says: Lisa is not saying " its NOT cheating if the other spouse AGREES with it". She says it is NOT cheating as long as the other spouse KNOWS about it! In other words whether the other spouse--- in this case Vince AGREES to let her cheat --is totally irrelevant.

"Well if Brandy had told Tommy it would not have been cheating. If Brandy had told Tommy how she was feeling maybe they could have worked something out. Then there would have been no cheating involved."

This sort of mentality and perspective upon marriage makes no sense given the fact that lLisa is the one who told Tommy about his wife.

VINCE'S reaction to Lisa's new martial perspective?

"Lisa I think my head is going to explode"

"Lisa you are freaking me out

So what does Vince do? Well he is so upset with Lisa he decides to

1) have sex with her and

2) rolls over and goes to sleep

Guys if you wife tells you that there is some sort of special womens right to fucks around on you when SHE thinks she is losing her looks... are you going to rollover and go to sleep?

THIRD the judge... very weak angle. Vince has voice recordings of Lisa Brandy and Lisa's boyfriend threatening to Hurt or KILL him. He has then breaking numerous court orders for no good reason. Yet now Vince panics about the Judge ?

Come on.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Alls well that ends well..................

Loved the story and had no problem with the premise. Both bitches got their just desserts. It is a sad state of affairs when a man who did nothing wrong gets so terribly raped in a divorce that murder looks like a good option. No fault divorce laws are just a liscense to cheat because there are no penalities to do so. I don't believe any man should resent a fair and equitable child support and expense but I will always have problems with alimony or maintenance.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantabout 13 years ago
This is erotica?

There was nothing about the story that was erotic as I understand the word. The premise that Lisa would suddenly decide to go out on a "date" was ridiculous without some sort of backstory.

I did a lot of divorces in my time. Once a colleague said he was off to court with a female client (he named her - it was a relatively small town and everybody knew everybody else's business) to collect support, and another lawyer at the lunch table observed that they wouldn't be able to get blood from a stone, to which Lawyer #1 suggested he come over to Courtroom _ at 2 o'clock and watch a stone bleed.

The premise that the narrator could make a false 911 call and everything would fall into place thereafter is so unlikely as to be virtually non-existant.

This genre - "Loving Wives" - is about the dissatisfaction the authors and readers who score such stories well have with their lives and their habit of transferring anger to women, whether those in their lives or public figures. It is unfortunate that such men get sexual satisfaction from reading fantasies that have about as much to do with reality as did/do

bodice rippers where the heroine finds true love in the last chapter. At least that genre has sexual tension at all times even if release has to wait for the penultimate page

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
You had me till he lowered the shotgun and shot them in the legs and feet.

too bad. It would have made things a lot more simple. Now, he's got to put up with the slut forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Some few issues

I won't pretend I love the story, I don't. But I just think that the flow could have been better with the intervention of an editor. Too many missing determiners a or the. Too much of "have" where it's not needed. And somehow I feel in a few sentences the grammar was from another language.

Anonymous0Anonymous0about 13 years ago

First off, good story. Maybe it wasn't the greatest story in the world but well worthy a 4 star rating. As for H.H? If you didn't like this story why continue to read it. And this story DOES fit in this category. Every slut/whore story and wimp/cuck story on this site has a woman cheating on her husband maybe not in body but certainly in her mind. In this case the woman/women found consequences for cheating on their husbands. Maybe it wasn't a jerk off story. If you want to jerk off to a slut/whore story then look elsewhere. This was a story that held my attention and was in fact a good read most slut/whore or cuck/wimp stories are nothing more than two second badly written nightmares. And I have no problem with women I just hate unfair situations and hypocrites. So H.H go jerk off to your whore/slut stories and leave us readers of good down to earth stories to read such stories. Well done writer.

DeckviewDeckviewabout 13 years ago
The two wives (ex) and the husband were way over the top

Pretty well written, but wacked out...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Since I'm not a xenophobe living in a basement

I will not lose my rag about your story; only a real closet - case reacts so stridently to a piece of fiction. The story held together well for the most part (it went off the rails for your sane readers when he shot them) but I applaud you on a good first story, hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER WIMP

HERE IS A GUY THAT HIS WIFE TELLS TO GO TO HELL; SHE IS GOING TO DO WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO PERIOD! THE "HUSBAND" TELLS HER NO AND SHE WALKS OUT ON HIM ANYWAY. THE GUY THINKS THROUGH THE PROBLEM AND DOES COME UP WITH AN INTERESTING SOLUTION. HE HEARS THROUGH HIS SISTER IN LAW THAT SHE GIVES THE OTHER GUY A BLOW JOB; AS IF THAT ISN'T BAD ENOUGH HE BUYS THE STORY. THE WIFE KEEPS SAYING NOTHING HAPPENED; JUST HOW IN THE HELL DOES HE KNOW ANYTHING; BUT A BLOW JOB AND BEING FELT UP IS SOMETHING IN MY MIND.

YET ONCE AGAIN WE SEE THE GUY CAVE IN. IS THIS WHAT THE AUTHOR REALLY WANTS? LOOK AT HIS BROTHER; HIS WIFE TOOK EVERYTHING AND HIS WIFE SAYS SHE IS GOING TO DO THE SAME THING TO HIM.

Average_ReaderAverage_Readerabout 13 years ago
Wow,second best revenge story ever.

This is right up there with "A Circumstantial Case" by Jake60.Very inventive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Agree - But, Would do it Different.

Very good story and thanks!

I don't have a problem with the end results, thought the gun was a little over the top but then I realized - his anger was such that he was not, under any circumstances, allowing her to have her way with him.

I thought it was interesting that after the initial jail time that she continued to talk down to him, threaten him and then in the finale', she remembers she loved him? Oh well, still a good story.

FYI, I dated a girl (3 years), we were engaged, I was totally and emotionally in love with her, believed I was the luckiest guy in the world, a true fairy tale happiness for 100 years but then, girls night out happened and I found out that her college friends used drugs, picked up guys and partied in motels. I asked her to talk to me, she got dressed to go out, hot - hot -fox didn't even begin to describe her, beautiful, intelligent, totally hot. I asked her to change her nights out and go with others, she told me it was just sex, she loved only me. I told her that when the door closed behind her we would be done. She smiled, kissed me on the cheek (not the mouth) and left...I left too - for good!

The thing I realized was that while, to this day, I still love her, it is the love of who I thought she was, the reality of her lack of any respect for our relationship totally destroyed me, damn near killed me.

She tried to reason with me, it was only sex but all I ever saw was her walking out that door for her girls (boys) night out...it hurt, it still does.

Good story, surprised he could at least be sexual with her, I couldn't with mine.

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 13 years ago
Blood indeed

I think you squeezed just about everything you could have from this plot line - brothers in distress (an accountant and a construction worker), cheating wives, the legal system (from both divorce/custody issues as well as criminal), including cops, lawyers and a crotchety judge, college scholarships (loved the Rockie and Bullwinkle shout out), MILFS, gaming the 911 system, ambush,revenge, PMS, modern psychiatry and associated pharmaceuticals - hey you even saved a dog!

Good story - a little over the top (or far fetched) - well told.

Oh yeah, the radical/rapid change from loving wife to loving wife - seemed rather sudden and was miraculously solved (or papered over) with a wave of a prescription.

likeboblikebobabout 13 years ago
decent

For a first story I thought you did a decent job. I would have liked to have read more detail with Brandy suffering but on the other hand I was glad that the husband did not take Lisa back as anything but a fuck buddy. Thank you for the effort and please continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Story was completely unbelievable and any cop would know.

Husband would have went down real quick. 1st, there were witnesses outside. Remember? They would have been able to testify that the "Moose" casually strolled outside, and likely told them that he was going to be banging the little lady though the husband wasn't cool with it. They would also be able to testify that the wife casually strolled out to the car and they left.

Second, it would have been recorded that there was no sign of a struggle on either the lady or the Moose. Contrary to popular belief, the cops wouldn't have slapped the cuffs on them right off the bat. They would have been questioned and as soon as they both showed shock and disbelief, things would have slowed down. It would have been noted that there were no marks on the wife, or the Moose, which would be impossible. At a minimum, they would have exhibited bruising on their hands and the lady's nails would have been clipped to examine for blood residue and skin tissue.

Their stories would have been taken, the witnesses would have been contacted, and when their stories lined up with the wife and Moose, the husband would have been in big trouble.

I know that doesn't sit well with you unhinged types that need to see "the bitch go down," but that's how it is.

I know the author tries very hard to make the pieces of the puzzle fit but in the end, the police will almost always figure it out and the husband would not find the court to be too forgiving when he went so over the top. Face it, they don't care about you in divorce court and they are going t be even less forgiving when you shoot and maim the mother of your kids.

Any man that tries something like this is going to find that out the hard way. Sitting there in court, he will likely feel that he is the victim to the bitter end, and he may well be right...to the bitter end...when he is getting butt raped in prison.

Any man that attempts anything like this might want to read what happened to the last guy that read stories then thought he could make it reality. He decided he could arrange to have his wife raped while he watched because he had read several of those stories.

In the end, it took the cops a very very short time to put all the pieces together and the man and his rapist both went to prison. They had such a slam dunk case I don't think they even went to trial.

Your wife decides she wants some strange dick, you have two choices. Choices that don't land you in prison for life or death row that is. You can let her do it, and just live like roommates and start dating other women yourself. Or you can gather evidence of what she is doing, and hope that the judge is swayed by it enough to give you a better than normal deal. Courts are not what they used to be. The thinking is not so old fashioned anymore. If you can prove that she is putting her own sexual gratification before her family, a good lawyer will be able to make the case that you are the better parent and the the best interests of the children require that they be placed with the father.

The best way, IMHO would be to video tape (in secret) a conversation between you two where you make it clear that you are not in agreement, and tell her she is putting the family at risk, an ask if knowing that, she is going to continue doing this.

Here's the simple truth, and I know somebody who did this. They lived as roommates. They had separate rooms. In fact, he built a sort of bachelor pad on top of the attached garage. They agreed that if and when they found somebody they wanted to marry, then they would revisit the issue of living arrangements and divorce. In the meantime, it was far cheaper and easier to just live as roommates. The addition over the garage increased the value of the home as this is what is referred to as a Mother-in-law suite.

This is financially the best situation and no risk of anyone going to prison. But you have to swallow your pride and go by the old saying, "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

In the end, you will be further ahead. Maybe start preparing for your future. Get a second job to get things paid off so you are out of debt, and maybe buy another small house, townhouse, or condo. Don't be afraid to put the wife's name on this as will be required in most states. In the end the court will divide things and it will be better for yo when the court sees you acting in good faith. You will likely get that condo and she will get the house to raise the kids in.

You never know. When the judge sees that you have been so reasonable, and you say you did it for the good of your kids, it may be just the little bit extra the judge needs to prove that you are the more level headed parent and thus the one the kids should be with.

To add to that, make sure you are the one taking them to the doctor, to school, boy scouts, etc... Show that you are the primary caretaker. That gives you even more clout in the court.

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

I liked the story. And I think that's what counts for an author.

Although, I do think the mental/hormonal instability is a bit of a copout. It feels too much like an excuse for her behavior. That Public Defender lady can say all she wants, it FEELS like an excuse for her behavior.

And the ending...I dunno. Sure, they "fixed" her with the medication, but after such an...episode, where his wife who has a restraining order against her, breaks into his house and freaking KICKS DOWN THE DOOR to get at him and their children, I don't think I'd EVER be able to trust her.

It's right there with "batshit insane", who knows when and if she can go off the deep end again, maybe with a shotgun...

Anyway, it made an entertaining story.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Good Story

It held my interest till the end. The story-telling was good. I even liked the beat up dog. I guess she paid enough of a price to be allowed to become the family maid. I will bet she never thought her husband would introduce small lead pellets to her legs. Thats the problem, people don't think. She had taken for granted that her situation would turn out like Tommy's wife. Stupid broad. I know she was sick, but that doesn't excuse it. The husband showed a little heart after he destroyed her, that seems to fit the situation. I don't know why H.H. thinks we all hate women and have our dicks in our hands. I do not hate women. I hate the characters actions. I certainly do not get turned on over misery. I like to read about the train wreck and this was a good wreck.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 13 years ago
You forget one thing Mouse

She only went bat shit crazy because the husband made a threat to take the kids out of the country and hide out. Sorry but what would you do if you spouse made that threat? You would do what you had to to get those kids. Hiding out in Mexico is no picnic and not a situation you would want your kids in.

Sorry but while the wife was wrong in her initial actions, the husband was criminally wrong from that point on. Hate filled anger is such a destructive force and will take you down with it.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 13 years ago
Just read the long comment above.

I remember that case of a guy getting the idea from stories to have his wife raped, thinking this would loosen her up sexually. Pretty stupid. But then, what is the legalities here. I am sure that if some guy reads a story like this, if he is unhinged due to just finding out his wife is cheating, might decide to use these revenge stories as a guide on what to do. SO he kills his wife. Or maims her. Then it comes out that he was reading these stories and got the idea there. Think it won't come out? It did in the above case. They even had the proof that he had been reading stories. So if I am a relative, dad, son, etc... I bring a lawsuit. I may not win but you would pay through the nose to defend yourself. It costs thousands of dollars to defend yourself and there is no public defender in a case like that. YOU pay. Not sure it is worth it.

cloacascloacasabout 13 years ago
Not bad, but ...

Isn't the husband a real jerk who uses his stand on principle, meaning his hurt pride, to inflict actual physical harm on another. That his wounded pride means he literally shoots the mother of his children says volumes to me about repressed, unhealthy, nasty rage.

I see a lot of this kind of story here, essentially a male fantasy in which his wounded pride becomes a talisman of honor and he either runs away or hurts people. I often feel that people must be asleep in their religious schools because that is not what you're taught.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Oh, rustynail...

Get some grease there for your brain.

"Sorry but while the wife was wrong in her initial actions, the husband was criminally wrong from that point on. Hate filled anger is such a destructive force and will take you down with it."

So wifey is wrong but not criminally wrong... she's still going to lie, cheat and ruin hubby's life if he doesn't go along with her desire to feel young again (mid life crisis) by fucking another guy. Hello coercion. She threatened to enslave him to her and the government for just sex. Its only not "criminal" in that our current society/government lets it go in most cases or outright supports it (to benefit itself monetarily and gain power).

Ultimately, just flip the sexes here... would anyone but the most stringent illogical misogynist defend a guy who told his loving wife to pound sand while he went out and pounded some young pussy? Puhlease. Women have earned the men they've gotten and vice versa. This society is toast.

-Hexx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
best thing about a story like this

The nut jobs identify themselves as such by praising/justifying a husband setting up and ambushing his wife and sister in law and shooting them with a shotgun.

For the sake of argument (and staying in the violence motif) if a guy did this to my sister or daughter his mutilated corpse would be rotting in one of the abandoned mines on the BLM land a few counties over. There is no justification for this kind of violence against women.

Her actions were despicable but his were just as bad; luckily most of these woman haters are so spineless they would never shoot their wife, probably just cry alot and maybe write a story about it. Then again, maybe just read one and leave a praising comment.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
No Cloacas...

She did not hurt his pride, she destroyed the world as he knew it. It's not the same. If the roles were reversed it wouldn't hurt the womans pride, it would destroy her heart and soul. Many who comment here have a white picket fence view of the world. It is not realistic. Now people will run to a lawyer to sue someone over the slightest thing. They also think the police will catch all the bad guys and solve every crime. Bullshit. Some of us know better. Stupid people get caught, the prisons are full of them. I think they have been watching too many crime shows on tv. Sometimes the cops would rather not get involved. They might do exactly what happened in this story. What this woman did has been called vile and evil in the comments on other stories. It is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
This is a well written story.....not case law.

Anyone can find fault with anything. Take this for what it is....a well written story with a more than adequate ending. The whole premise of the story was excellent....with the good guy winning for a change (in the case of custody, support, etc.). I have 2 ex wives that I caught cheating because I was working so hard to provide a good life for them and I got screwed. They both live in houses that I paid for while I live hand to mouth in a rented apartment on Disability (work related back injury) and at 60 years old, too old for a comeback. It was just great to read about the shoe being on the other foot. The story itself was well written and held my interest. Kudos to you and don't sweat the critics!

extemporeextemporeabout 13 years ago
Good story

The story kept moving and held my interest. It was a roller coaster ride

but I don't think it was a train wreck at all. A lot of things happened in the plot but it still moved quickly.

You can debate about her initial decision to "step out" (obviously wrong) and its effect on the husband, but the story showed a a lady who'd been a good mother and wife until she went off the rails. . . possibly due to hormonal imbalance.

Hubby perhaps got a bit too aggressive in trying to prevent what happened to his brother in HIS divorce, but I don't think there was a serious intent to kill his wife.

Things happen in divorces. Passions, even hatreds, can subside over time.

I think it was a solid four.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well.....

""We have sex or make love whenever the need or urge takes us-but there is never any commitment (at least on my part)." These are two totally and completely different concepts. that is the issue with the end of this story. Are they really "making love?" I doubt it.

dad2you2dad2you2about 13 years ago
A lot of the commentors

did not understand the story. He did not do anything but try to leave his wife and protect his children. All of his other actions were because of the corrupt and ineffective court system. As far as the way the police acted that is the way it is, the take action first and ask questions later and they have to, there lives depend on it. Are you going to ask the armed robber if he is really quilty first? The husband was fighting the lawyers and judge in the "justice" system.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
'destroyed the world as he knew it'

note to RH: Once you get outside the cave there is a much larger world.

If my wife pulled something like this every single one of our friends and family would disown her.

Subsequently, these same people would work to make sure I had our kids at least 50% of the time and holidays, etc = no brainer, ex-wife would not be around. Finally, new girlfriend would come on the scene and at that point who really cares who is banging the ex-wife.

Resorting to criminal action against her seems juvenile and pathetic.

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
You Had!!!!!!

Many chances to screw this story up, but you did not!!!!! What a great story. Thank you for a great read.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 13 years ago
I'm surprised that some readers take a story so seriously . . .

The person who watches "Loony, Loony, Bugs Bunny" knows it's just a cartoon, and the individual who reads a "Loving Wives" story knows it's just that, a story. We all know that there are elements in fiction that would be quite improbable in real life -- just look at all the Robert Ludlum stories (i.e., the Bourne Identity) with super spies who get beaten up and shot, yet always win in the end.

Just because a story has several "over-the-top" or unbelievable parts does not necessarily mean the story is a poor one. Besides, I think at least some elements of this story were written as satire -- the author was including lots of cliches and stereotypes ("It's just sex; I need to do this so I can feel young again"). I almost think the author was writing tongue-in-cheek with far out solutions to Vince's custody battle.

It's a bit of the Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner "War of the Roses" set in the LW motif (at least for some readers). Even a taller wife who is angry would have trouble doing serious harm to her shorter husband lacking a weapon, martial arts training, or the element of surprise. So we know a shotgun was really unnecessary. But it added shock value to the story, and it was a plot device wherein Lisa lost one of her best physical assets, the beauty of her nice, long legs. Plenty of murder-suicides happen without the dissatisfied spouse reading a story about such a tragedy, or do we want to assign responsibility to the newspapers for this?

Blaming a story for crazy, illegal actions in real life is like trying to make Hollywood responsible for increases in violent crime (numerous studies have shown no correlation). "The devil made me do it," just does not hold water unless the individual is found to be insane. Oh, and while police officers often do an excellent job, they do make mistakes and they don't always figure everything out. Studies indicate between 2% and 5% of prisoners are actually innocent, and 38.8% of murders are unsolved (2007 FBI crime statistics, the latest year for which stats are available).

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Very good story

This was a good read. Yes, it had problems as well. The whole story was over the top. Tommy's divorce settlement was unbelievable. He ends up keeping only about 15% of his income? No judge would accept that as a settlement. Brandy and Lisa are both over the top bitches who say they will fuck around as they please and it's solely their choice. They are insane in their actions and bitchiness. Vince carries out actions that have holes in them and gets away with it. So, this bordered on being a cartoon. But it was a good cartoon. <br><br>

Some think Vince is the one at fault here but the story is specifically constructed to show the unfairness of the situation. His brother got screwed. He has been nothing but a loving husband and his wife turns on him for completely selfish reasons. Her mental "instability" is NOT an excuse. As one lawyer points out a person with a problem that does nothing to address the problem is still responsible for their actions. A drunk driver is still responsible for killing someone with their car. So Vince is painted very vividly into a corner in the story. He uses very clever (and original) strategies to put his wife in a bad situation. Most of them succeed because his wife is out of control. She and the college guy deliberately defied the restraining order. She broke into his house and was breaking down the door and threatening him. She didn't need to do either of those things. She decided she could be a bitch and do whatever she wanted. Yes, his actions were over the top, just like the rest of the story. The issue is that he couldn't get justice from the legal system. If there is no justice available, people start to do whatever they have to to balance the scales. He was very clever about it. <br><br>

BobNbobbi asks an interesting question. Can spouses go out with the opposite sex? Can a man and a woman be friends without screwing up a marriage? My answer is yes, but only very carefully. The dangers of putting a man and woman together is that the nature of such interactions is to have a sexual attraction component. That's basic biology at work. So if the situation where they are together greases the skids, like drinking and dancing by themselves, it's looking for trouble. If it's for breakfast or lunch without drinking or with a group or some such that's probably OK. The biggest issue is the basic nature of the people involved. Some people could easily manage a friend of the opposite sex and a lot of others could not. Whatever the circumstances the other spouse needs to be aware and accepting of the time spent together. <br><br>

The standard expectation of a marriage is that you won't have any other sex partners. And yes, oral sex or hand work IS sex. If the two spouses have another understanding, that's up to them. But whatever you decide, if only one person is defining the rules and spitting in the other person's face to do it they are breaking the marriage at many levels. There is no more trust or respect. Suppose Lisa declared she was going to start using cocaine to relieve stress? Suppose Lisa took all their savings and bought a ridiculously expensive car because she was feeling plain? Suppose Lisa decided she was fed up with cooking, cleaning, laundry, and taking care of the kids (her agreed role) because she was cast as a frumpy housewife? The disrespect and breaking of trust would be the same. And in some cases it could easily lead to a divorce as well. <br><br>

However, a friendly get together does NOT apply in this story. Lisa and Randy make it pretty clear that she is planning sexual activity of some kind. She even gets Randy medically checked. Lisa's early arguments have NO validity. Marriage is a contract. If two people in business had a contract and the receiver of goods failed to pay they would get sued and the contract would be broken. It wouldn't matter if the payer did it sneakily (Brandy) or openly declared their intention not to pay (Lisa). In effect their relationship would be dissolved. The same is true of a divorce. When one party unilaterally acts very badly without regard for the other the marriage contract may be dissolved. <br><br>

I like that Vince was a good winner at the end. But sex with an ex wife bitch? No thanks. He makes it clear he doesn't like her any more. Why open that septic tank? I'd be waiting for her to go off the rails again and wake up without my balls.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
A well thought out and well written story

Crafty and in a lot of ways a little on the outrageous, but interesting to read.

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
great story

Well written and a nice slant on the tale. Vince was lucky that all the events which were negative to his wife happened so he came out on top. If it was me I would of moved to a different part of the house and I would ignore her. I would also date but I would be there to see my kids. I also would of been building a slush fund and also gathering evidence I could eventually use against her in court so I would not lose my kids. Great story, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
best ever read

loed it

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Outrageous, but I enjoyed it.

She felt she had him over a barrel, and just did what she wanted to Her arrogance showed how biased the system is. He did a number on a unfaithful woman, and got away with it.

Risq_001Risq_001about 13 years ago
Personally I liked it (^_^)

The only a couple things I didn't though:

-I wonder about the 6 years of maintenance. In Indiana it's only two, so I wonder where it would be 6.

-At the end they kind of/sorta got back together. I mean they didn't make it official but they did. I would have liked to had thought he an Tommy could find someone who thought they were worth being faithful too

And if Bobnbobbi thinks its ok to take breaks from the marriage with a "Take it or stuff it" attitude I have one thing to say:

The mate/SO of Bobnbobbi needs to invest in the services of a good PI. They have a lot to worry about in their life. STD's are brutal now a days (^_^)

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great First Story

You should feel quite satisfied that your first story prompted so many and varied comments. Obviously, your creative plot interested the readership. For your future stories you can be optimistic that your creativity was likewise be appreciated again. Stil as many coments indicate, you did skip over some of your own plot and did notmake logical connections between many other parts. In short, recheck each major plot element and make sure that you have covered it off.

For example, assuming Vince somehow did convince the police of his story (perhaps the fracas with wifey and Moose with half the county would have bruised them and torn their clothes enough to be consistent with Vince's story), you then dropped the court case involving assault on a police officer and the other charges. Even Vince's "shark" did not push to use them against Lisa. Vince likewise did not seem to remember that event when believing that he would lose a custody case to a wife who might spend a year or more in jail for those charges.

Also, as Vince is recording Moose and Lisa, he fails to lead them into admitting at least some juicy details of their relationship, both what they did and what they had planned to do. Lisa might even be led into admitting that although Moose was not what she had hoped, her interviewing of OTHER men for an affair would let her select her next one. After all, she told Vince that Tommy should have forgiven Brandy's SEVERAL affairs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
No Bullshit No Crap

man gotta do what he had to do. had been ages since i read any story where man took steps exactly, to make sure, his family is secure.

many people think he went overboard, well he did it for his family, this is father doing for his sons, they are better with father who will stopp to any level to protect them, than being with a mother, who supposedly was going to bring number uncles in her house, believe it or not kids loose their wonder childhood just because of there nonsense put by their mothers.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Well done

The story is very creative and brings us a lot of problems to discuss and think about. When you are in an emergency situation you do the first thing that comes into your head and pay the bills later. Sometimes the cost is very high!

It is nice to have one guy at least seem to have beat the system!

But I do not really believe in Santa Claus, though the idea is nice!

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 13 years ago
Identifying yourself.

I agree with the comment above. You identify yourself. I hope none of you ever end up killing or even harming your wife because they can VERY EASILY tell that you have been here and which posts you made. Think not? As any 2nd rate IT.

Try convincing a jury it wasn't premeditated murder or attempted murder after they read all of your glowing comments on revenge stories and vitriolic posts on cheating wife stories. It will take the DA a record minimum amount of time to convince the jury, and it will take the jury about as long as it takes to select a foreman and then vote on your guilt. They'll have to order out for lunch just to make it look like they actually deliberated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Story

Great first story. I really enjoyed it up until she became the maid. He should have moved on. I look forward to your next story.

cageyteecageyteeabout 13 years ago
I know I'm a little sceptical . . . . .

But that is a damn fine story and difficult to believe it was written by a first timer!!!!! I too am looking forward to more from you. Is there, perhaps, some more under a different name?????

likeboblikebobabout 13 years ago
why?

Why was Tommie worried about Vince's kids having a mother but not his own?

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Rusty Nail...

Thanks for reminding us to get rid of our computers. We might have overlooked that one. You are thinking backwards, Why not wait six months or a year? The whole point is not to be in court at all. :) People disappear every day. And it's still a good story.

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
Great story

The set up was great...focusing on the brothers problems in such a drab analytical accountant-like manner. Then the story just takes off like a rocket. Wow! Lisa becomes an odious bitch. The husband becomes an unbelievable clever beast. The supporting cast and sub plots of both Wendy and Tommy, terrific! Such fantastic excitement and tension. God this was such an enjoyable story to read and reread. Thank you!

roscovichroscovichabout 13 years ago
Well,well,well. I was very surprised at the high quality of writing by this Author.

It started as any other run of the mill story. But soon it developed into exciting story with a difference.

I think this difference is that the Author have not been subjected too much to Literotica stereotype. That is where the fresh new approach comes from.

And very successfull approach it is ! Good luck with your future stories.

Ross.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 13 years ago
RH

Getting rid of your computer isn't enough and can actually go against you. It will show an attempt to hide evidence. People have tried this kind of thing before where they think they can remove evidence.

Stupid really. Like I said, a smart man is going to just move on. Find a new woman. Live in the house as roommates until the time comes to make a move. Document all the nights out where you are home alone with the kids.

Get this kids involved in evening activities where you are the one taking the kids AND if possible participating, such as scouts. Make sure you are the one taking them to the doctor. You are the one taking them to and from day care.

In the end, that will likely get you the custody of the kids. The idea is to not act brashly like a normal fool would. A truly cunning man walks with custody and no bloodshed.

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago
To Rustyhotdippedtoe

You say she went batshit crazy because her husband tried to flee the country with her kids?

That begs the question, it's not because of her mental instability? Her actions were already completely out of whack before, and his actions were a response to that.

Sorry, but what would you do if your spouse of so many years wants to cheat on you, pretty much laughs in your face about you not wanting her to cheat, and then actually goes through with it? That would not ruin your life?

He was painted in a corner, and he did what he could to protect himself and his children from a mentally unstable wife and mother. And if he went the legal system, he'd get the short end of the stick, just like his brother.

Hate filled anger, you say? Whose? His or his wife's? I read that he wanted to protect himself and his children.

What would you do? Give in to her demands for the "right" to cheat? Ofcourse, if you protested, she'd divorce you, take the kids, you'd have to pay her alimony, and you'd live in a tiny apartment since you can't afford any better because of the alimony.

If you can live with that, you're a better man than I am.

"Stupid really. Like I said, a smart man is going to just move on. Find a new woman. Live in the house as roommates until the time comes to make a move. Document all the nights out where you are home alone with the kids.

Get this kids involved in evening activities where you are the one taking the kids AND if possible participating, such as scouts. Make sure you are the one taking them to the doctor. You are the one taking them to and from day care.

In the end, that will likely get you the custody of the kids. The idea is to not act brashly like a normal fool would. A truly cunning man walks with custody and no bloodshed."

And the outcome is: The wife gets the kids, and the husband has to pay childsupport and alimony.

You forget one thing, Rusty. The legal system works in the mother's favor. Even if the husband does all that, it amounts to nearly nothing.

You also forget, in this story it's showcased that the legal system does NOT work. It'd be a complete change of tone if it would happen like you said. Case in point, the brother, who got screwed over massively. Not to mention finding a new woman while married? That's CHEATING! She'd take you to the cleaners! =P

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
it is a work of fiction

no different than Spiderman or Lord of the Rings. After describing the circumstances in this tale to my uncle (who has been a DA for nearly 20 yrs) he chuckled and said the hubby would probably be in jail. In this story he wasn't, that is why they call it fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Must be brain dead

If he'd going back to her.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 13 years ago
Mouse

"And the outcome is: The wife gets the kids, and the husband has to pay childsupport and alimony.

You forget one thing, Rusty. The legal system works in the mother's favor. Even if the husband does all that, it amounts to nearly nothing.

You also forget, in this story it's showcased that the legal system does NOT work. It'd be a complete change of tone if it would happen like you said. Case in point, the brother, who got screwed over massively. Not to mention finding a new woman while married? That's CHEATING! She'd take you to the cleaners! =P"

Not true Mouse. This isn't the 1950's. Today, most courts are looking at things very differently, but most men don't take advantage of it.

If you allow your family relationship to be Ward and June Cleave traditional, then yes, the woman will likely get the kids unless the mother is proven to be unfit.

Many men do allow this to happen. They think their only responsibility is to go to work, then come home and do whatever it is they do, like drink with the boys, go fishing with the boys, sit and watch TV, etc...

But if you are an active parent, and you go that extra mile to be the person who is taking care of the kids, you will then be viewed as the primary caretaker. All those things I listed are key. Ages of the children can be your ally also because if they are old enough to be heard from the court, they can articulate that you are the one helping them with homework, you are the one that plays with them in the evening, you are the one who cooks most of their meals, you are the one that helps them do chores, you are the one that took them to the store to get new school clothes, you are the one that takes them to school, etc... Most of that is things that most men leave to the mom. Do it yourself and you become the primary caretaker in the eyes of the court.

It's as simple as that. Obviously though, you have to be very careful about it. You can't just jump in and start doing all of that just because you and your wife are having problems. She will likely figure out what you are up to. Then you are screwed. SO the idea is to do it all along. Do as much as possible. Definitely do half. That way if you start doing it all, she won't see at as that unusual.

See, here's the thing. The courts now have the attitude that they want to disrupt the children's lives as little as possible. SO some of this story is totally impossible. See, if you are coaching your son's little league team, and you are a scout master in his scout troop, etc... you are going to be allowed to continue doing all of this. heck, if you were just the person taking him, you will be allowed to do so. That's what the courts are doing these days.

Also, the woman constantly using the doctor's excuses as an excuse won't fly either. Once or twice, maybe but doing it all of the time, eventually, that will bite the mom in the ass. I've seen it happen just like that. A woman was trying to do that very thing. The father allowed it to go on for a little while then after several months, he took it back to court. The court of course sees right through that and while they may grant the mother benefit of the doubt in being the primary custodian, the don't like women taking advantage of the courts favor.

So what happened is that the court had the lawyers write a much more detailed custody agreement. It laid out in plain English what, when, where, why, how, etc... No more just allowing the mom to have leeway to make things work more smoothly. She lost that right.

In addition, she lost the right to keep the children home simply because they were sick. The father was given the right to look at them and determine if he thought they were OK to come visit or if he felt they needed to stay home.

It was also impressed upon the mother that the court took a very dim view of what she had been doing and also that she should be aware that the court was interested in what was best for the children, which also includes their health. Thus she should be aware that if the children are constantly sick, then the court might decide to see if they could improve their health by living with their father. Needless to say, the mother learned to straighten up her act.

One thing you can be certain of, and that is that men who try this cloak and dagger stuff almost always end up getting caught. Cripes, a lot of cops who have tried it end up caught. The forensic and surveillance tools of today just leave way too many ways for you to get tripped up. You can do so much right to cover your tracks but something as little as a bank machine camera catches you parked somewhere that tips off the cops. And know this. When the wife is killed, it is almost always the husband that did it and the cops are going to come after you hard. We live in the information age and an age where so many people are very savvy to things like this because they watch so many crime drama shows. Thus they pick up on little clues that might ordinarily slip by them. Like the fact that you are replacing your carpet even though you just did it two years ago, etc... I mean seriously, the list goes on and the tools are so good that the most microscopic little piece of evidence can trip you up.

Then, the last thing is, what if you are that one in a million guy that can pull it off and get away with murder. You will have to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Think for a second that the family of the mom might not decide to make you pay for your crime? They might. And. beyond that there is the cold case files. You never know when a technology will be developed that will allow them to reopen your case. Or an overlooked or hidden piece of information will surface that will be your undoing.

Bottom line is that these revenge stories are better left off as fantasies in the minds of damaged men. Ever try to make it a reality and you are opening up more pain and worry than you can handle.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Rusty Nail

That is an interesting Law&Order view of the world that you have taken. I will admit that my last comment was made in humor. This one is not. As VIO said, about fourty percent of the murders in this country are unsolved. They expect that number to rise because of cutbacks. Ain't it grand? One third of the rapes in my state go unsolved, that was in the paper recently. You are standing next to these people in the checkout line at the store. Feel better now? You should check the stats yourself. People skirt the law every day, they are good at it. I agree that a dumb ass would probably get caught. On the other hand, it does not take a genius to kill someone and get away with it. I know how the other half lives as they say. I did not get it from television. I grew up with and under the influence of what you and most here would call bad men. Thats just a point of view. I understand how both sides work, many lack that understanding. I understand the white picket fence point of view, I have a little of it myself. Not enough to blind me to the realities of the world. I said before that the prison system is filled with stupid people. The smart ones who fly under the radar are not usually caught. There are ways around all those little problems that you stated. Sometimes simple is best. Of course I wouldn't know anything about that. Even speeders have an us vs. them attitude when it comes to the police. Everyday people. Something to think about.

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3about 13 years ago
There is something wrong with a system that rewards the wrongdoer...

regardless if it is the husband or wife. The weak part of the story is that self-inflicted wounds are easily detected. It would have been better if the husband knew a high school buddy who was in the protections racket who could inflict injuries without killing him. They would also need to get DNA from Randy to plant on his body and the scene. I really did not understand Lisa repeating the line from that night again. How can sHe have sex with Vince then talk about it does not involve him? I also did not get the medical excuse for her actions. What was Brandy's excuse for joining her in breaking in his home and trying to hurt him? True mental instability would have made Lisa's actions more erratic, less logical as things went against her. Lastly, their living together is so improbable it is almost funny. Would you keep house for someone who shot you and sent you to prison?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
some folks know next to nothing

about law enforcement yet they babble on as if they have a clue because they watched an episode of Law & Order. Virtually all of the unsolved violent crimes in this country are perpetrated by strangers. That is 99.9% of the reason they go unsolved.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 13 years ago
RH

Law&Order view? Sorry. I myself have been through the police academy in Florida and served in law enforcement in the Navy. I held all of the pertinent certifications such as an EVOC license. While this was not like being a NYC or L.A. policeman, it was not exactly Mayberry either. We dealt with murder, robbery, rape, suicide, etc... Often working in concert with local police if the crime happened off-base, but involved a service member. There was zero difference between us and the local law enforcement. The only thing that separated us was the lines of jurisdiction.

My grandfather was a cop, 4 of my uncles were cops, my sister and her husband were both cops. Sister and B-I-L were both cops in the military and out of the military. They served as cops in Athens, Georgia. My sister also served as Special Investigator for the Assistant D.A in Athens Georgia.

Like it or not, have more than a Law&Order view of this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
RH

is a loon, pay no attention to those delusional ramblings

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
Great Story

I don't care what the rest of those readers say, I thought it was a great story and very entertaining. Sure there were some grammatical errors and maybe the legal system doesn't work exactly that way but it held me on the edge of my seat and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Besides, I think this is the first story I've read where the husband was 5' 9" and had a wife that was taller than him and wasn't a wimp. Thank you for providing such an original and entertaining story. Please, keep up the good work.

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

Since there's part 2 out, I re-read a bit of this, and discovered there was a reply to my comment. So I'll reply to that.

Rusty, I won't repeat that entire reply again, but I'll say one thing.

"Not true Mouse. This isn't the 1950's."

Then what happened to Tommy, Vince's brother, did NOT happen? That his divorce and subsequent shafting by the legal system should be snipped out of the story? Since according to you, that couldn't possibly happen?

I could easily say that nobody could ever behave like Lisa, so all of what happened, couldn't have happened, because of the impossibility of such a person. You wouldn't HAVE a story. If you throw out one of the basic premises, there IS no story.

It may or may not be true in real life nowadays, but in the storyworld of Blood from a Turnip, the legal system does NOT work. Tommy's divorce, and Brandy's existence is there to showcase that. Protesting that such things do not happen is dismissing a large part of the story.

Vince realizes that even if he is the goodytwoshoes husband, taking care of the kids, etc, he'd STILL get shafted in the divorce, and THAT is one of the biggest reasons he did what he did in the story.

PS. the name is Mousse, with double s. Not just one.

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
Crazy intense

The shot gun was out of bounds for me. Story would have been the same without it. Lisa was in the act not only of ignoring a court order, she was threatening to harm another.

No doubt, Courts favor the mother. Lots of reasons -- some good, some not -- but it is the truth.

If your wife of 1 yr or 50 yrs tells you she needs to have other men, you do have another choice besides illegally imprisoning her in the basement: tell her family and friends immediately. Ask for help. Invoke all the social pressure you can.

Or find out how many women are ready to jump in the sack with you. When I was first separated, I was amazed at the number of women who wanted to play. A good man is hard to find, or so the myth goes, and the gals are looking.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
The husband did what he thought that he had to do!

The husband did what he thought that he had to do! It was kind of a different approach but he was able to protect himself and his sons from a scheming and vicious wife. Entertaining story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I thought it was really good until he decided to shoot the mother of his children. Yeah he was "protecting himself" but she thought he was going to take the kids (which he DID talk about).

lancewmlancewmabout 13 years ago
Well written, but a story about crazy people who are complete nut cases...

This is a story for people who like to see people get away with crimes. Charming!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 13 years ago
Nice twist to the wanna-cuckold-my-faithful-trusting-husband plot

First, is refreshing to have a non-wimp, non-cuck story. Second, I really liked the shotgun: boom! boom!

norcal62norcal62almost 13 years ago
First issue is with the sudden transition.

Actually, there was no transition at all. You went from wife statement of never will cheat to the next scene with her ready to cheat. What happened? Did the dog eat the second chapter? Liked much of the reasoning of hubby about getting on with life; much more rational than most LW stories.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Wow!

Lots of good comments here. Most of them true. This was indeed a fiction that touched on a lot of reader experiences. It is true that a cheating wife can still torch the husband in most ways. Or they could 30 years ago when mine divorced me. True a wife can hang your ass with the law with false accusations. They just have to claim sexual abuse whether true or not, because child services will protect the children just in case, keeping them from you the terrible male.

It was a twist in this story with the husband using such tactics instead of the wife.

I was a cop for over 46 years and ran into different cases. One wife got away with shooting her husband to death through a window because he was going around the house threatening her, banging on the windows. She claimed she was babysitting a baby inside and was protecting both the baby and herself. Everyone knew he was a belligerent drunk and believed her. Even though he had never hurt anyone ever.

Someone was right about 40-50 percent of murders or crime are unsolved when comitted by strangers. The rest are generally comitted by husbands, lovers, or some other family member. Of the 50-60 percent solved 30 percent draw no convictions due to lack of enough evidence. So the truth of the matter is, most criminals get away with their crimes... Sorry but true. Dna is solving some that were once unsolved, and freeing some that were maybe innocent. Prosecuters want convictions and tend to prove their main suspect guilty without worrying to much about the truth! Not their job really. Defense lawyers are out to get their clients off. They too believe their client is innocent no matter what! Their job again. Detectives will use whatever means to get a confession and don't believe people innocent until they can prove it too themselves.

As to the story, I loved it. More please...

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
First the grammer critiques

It is 'ultimatum' not 'ultimate'

You missed a 'not'. 'Does NOT change her mind' IIRC.

A few very awkward sentences

That said, I love the story and I love the real life feel of how the legal system does a good job of casterating men...even if they are blameless (They usually aren't but this is a FANTASY site...)

I enjoyed this version of the story very much.

Best line: "But wait, there's more!" I could hear the huckster parody in Tom's voice and I had to laugh out loud. A brash guy who enjoyed the little dust up after the fact. It rang so true!

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Yep more editing please -

But either way please keep writing - you are good and the stories are well thought out -

This was an excellent study of people and priorities and attitudes - a selfish woman, self centered and bull headed destroys a family and could have died for a piss poor adventure - nice thinking - NOT

thebulletthebulletover 12 years ago
close but no cigar

I was with you up until hubby shot his wife and ex-sister-in-law. That took the story from amusing to troubling for me. I know there is a torch-the-bitch crowd who loves this kind of thing and firmly feels that murder is a legitimate response to adultery. But for me the shooting takes away the suspension of disbelief factor that allowed me to enjoy the story up to that point, even though much of it was over the top and illogical.

I know what it is like to be raped in a divorce. It's no fun but it isn't an offense punishable by the death penalty. And after 30 years I still cringe every time I think of my ex-wife.

Haven't seen her in 20 years. Still hate the bitch. Don't want her executed.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
5***** story! One of the best! Original and Creative!

The shotgun seems excessive but, after all, she is known to be violent so obviously he feared for his life. After shooting a man walking down the street wittling on a piece of wood, police get away with fearing for their life.

And, he is far more considerate of her than any woman would be because he lets her practically live with the children.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
(Don't) Stop Using Humor As A Weapon!

The author has been remanded for shooting unfuIthful wife and sister on law with some kind of distilled and non-lethal shotgun pellets. Frankly I think he took a big chance doing this but in end analysis believe this tactic worked thanks to incisive witticisms and satire that story was just rife with. With this technique the story becomes a variant of Jonathon Swift's ' A Modest Proposal'.

C Pete is no more in favor of squeezing trigger on libidinous spouses who stray from matrimonial vows then Swift was in favor of consuming Irish Babies to solve hunger that was rampant of society at his time. The shooting is a shock gambit which is meant to focus on the one sided divorce laws that afflict us as a country. In my estation (& many others apparently) this goal was skillfully achieved. My kudos and five stars go to the author.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

1. The best revenge that when the exhusband gets the children custody. I do not like murder, cheating wife selling to Central American Whorehouse, etc..

2. Lucksmith "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime" similar humorouse story, where the exwife works as a maid at the exhusband.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NO MATTER THE RHYME OF REASONING

or the lack of self-auto respect CHEATING IS NOT GOOD. TK U MLJ LV NV

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@thebullet First a revenge story fan is not a murder fan, only he likes the excellent answer for a cheating wife. A good revenge story may be without any violance and you will enjoy it. Look at a short list from me without violance revenge stories:

Beermaker: "Dawn: A cheating slutwife", Vulcez: "How Are You",itmgr200: "Black & Tan Blues", MrRobbur: "Thy Name Is Whore" and do not forget Papatoad many stories!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Well done

I liked this story. The husband did what he had to do and did not wimp out in the end.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Top notch

I like your stories cpete. You present (relatively) normal, good, strong men with pretty f***ed up situations and they work through it like men. Humor in it, too. I liked both versions of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well done

what a price for a blow job and stinkey finger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
woah

bloody hell mate, you can tell a story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Harry offers the best insight here

I hate to say it but yeah Harry's offers the Best insight and on a part of the story that everyone else has totally over looked. I did re-read the early bedroom conversation between Lisa and Vince.

"Well if Brandy had told Tommy it would not have been cheating. If Brandy had told Tommy how she was feeling maybe they could have worked something out. Then there would have been no cheating involved."

Harry is correct here. Lisa is saying that if the other spouse knows about it... regardless of their feelings... then it is not cheating.

For Vince to then claim to be upset with Lisa then have sex with her...

really does not make any sense

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Very Compelling Story

Loved the characters and the action. Also, the depictions of older women's general disrespect for their spouses is a bit overstated but nonetheless accurate. The only reason she wouldn't continue her extracurriculars is her scarring. Women can use menopause, emotional turmoil, and physical issues for their disrespect and infidelity, but men have no such excuses to fall back on. Good Job!

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
THAT's What I'm Talking About!

Keeping her around as a fuck buddy is perfect. No need to re-marry the cheating slut. In fact he should get her one of those French Maid outfits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You damn near killed me

"Then it was all about a 110 pound tornado of teeth, fur and fangs."

As a single sentence i could have taken it but with the preceding paragraph or so for whatever reason i was laughing so hard i probably shit my pants. I haven't checked yet. The worst was the noise made my dogs run over so that during said laughing fit, when I fell off the chair, I landed on them and had my very own (though playful rather than pissed) tornado of teeth and fur and claws. Which in turn had me laughing harder.

I seriously think I may have had a mild heart attack or 2.

The story itself was good and would gain 5 stars regardless but when I get up to clean up the mess and check everyone for injuries I will be regretting not being able to give an additional 5 for the delivery of that section alone.

You really made my day with that one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
...

Vince is a poor excuse for a man. I´m not satisfied with the way the story turned out.

sbart921sbart921almost 12 years ago
It was great - for a while.

Very good writing, the story held together well, and it had some humorous relief. Trouble is that he wimped out at the very last opportunity. How about an alternate ending? You know; the one without the Matt M. syndrome. You are a very good writer and I am (re)reading your other submissions. Keep up the good work.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
Delightful tale (or two)

Unlike some, I think this had a very measured and appropriate outcome. Sweety Lisa had a goodly number of punishments (arrest, incarceration, loss of custody, divorce with little financial benefit, physical damage and scarring, plus some loss of function) which included physical and emotional distress. Piling-on even more would have deleterious effects on her children!

There is also a tale within the tale, and Sweety Brandy (who had been screwing Unca Tommy royally) ended up with a much more disastrous outcome, but her pre-divorce and her post-divorce behavior was much more egregious. Justice well-measured. Excellently crafted story plan!

Easy to grant 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous