Blood in the Darkness Ch. 07

Story Info
Emotions stir between the lovers.
2.3k words
4.49
2.9k
9
0

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was mid-afternoon when Arda finally woke up. Arda looked at Ctesasisl, he was beyond beautiful. He was a god; truly some Atlantean deity from the old legends. He had wavy chestnut brown hair that seemed to sparkle in the afternoon light, sensually full lips that seemed made for kissing, and handsome features that weren't too square or too fine. His body was all muscle; not the bulky, over-developed kind, but those of an athlete; a runner, a fighter...a killer...a vampire. That thought made her shiver.

Why hadn't she considered that he was nothing but a killer when she was fucking him just the other day? Arda definitely felt true love for Ctesasisl, but was her love unrequited?

Ctessaisil looked at her, his human friend... perhaps his only friend. "You're very angry, Arda...pissed off with me because we didn't stop yesterday. I'm only trying to save you. Can't you understand that? Ctessaisi desperately questioned.

"You're reading my mind again, I don't like it when you read my mind."

"I wish.." Ctessaisil said hesitantly "that my telepathy was easy to control, but it's not...now that I can see your eyes, I can sense your thoughts. There's nothing I can do about it, and you're a human, you can't guard your mind and hide such things." He chuckled. "And you're thinking very loudly because you're upset."

She nodded, not so sure what to say. Fucking shit! She didn't even have to say anything. Ctessaisil knew she was upset so Arda couldn't even let her emotions out by yelling. Sometimes it was good to clear the air, Arda couldn't even do that. Her very survival depended on Ctessaisil.

"If you don't look at me and you control your emotions it makes it more difficult," he said hoping to help.

She nodded and bowed her head even as she took a deep breath to control her temper. She'd be damned if she let him read her mind. No one would violate her like that again. Even if it meant being an island on to herself.

Her deep breath had calmed her. "Alright, what do we do now?" Arda questioned. Even though she was still pissed at Ctessaisil, Arda had faith that he would protect her. The passion that he put into their lovemaking had to mean that she was more than a good shag...right?

"I want us to be friends again, Arda...could we try that again?" Ctessaisil begged. He knew that Arda was pissed at him. He couldn't exactly understand why, over the ages he'd lost his understanding of people's souls. He just wanted to be friends with Arda, she meant so much to him. Even if she didn't know it, yet.

"In the other room, I have some games...would you like to play them with me. While we bid our time. I could also summon you something to eat. You've got to have something, you're still not well and the other day I took alot out of you."

It was the first time that Ctessaisil had mentioned what had passed between them. Arda noticed that Ctessaisil hadn't shared his thoughts with her. She was just a person he could "take a lot out of". He might as well be taking her blood, that's all she was to him. A vessel to be used--an instrument in his survival.

Still there was nothing to be done but wait, Arda figured she may as well be nice to Ctessaisil even if she was just a toy he was playing with. Arda could enjoy these last few moments too. It would also help take her mind off her impending doom.

"Sure, I'll play some games with you Ctessaisil and if you want to summon something for me to eat, I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup and some coffee. It's cold up here in Newfoundland and I don't think your heater is working properly."

Arda followed Ctessaisil out into the living room. It was covered in deep orange and brown shag carpeting. The living room was wallpapered with a paisley design. A record player was in the corner, as well as a TV with a built-in liquor cabinet.

"Interesting design, choices...very fashionable." said Arda, she was getting back at Ctessaisil by being sarcastic. But, her sarcasm went unnoticed. When Ctessiasil had it designed back in the 1950s it had been very fashionable. The 1950s had only been a few decades ago. What was a few decades to an immortal vampire?

"Your lunch is here...I'll set it down for you." Arda was combing her hair and Ctessaisil looked on. He remembered how soft it had felt in his hands. Ctessaisil remembered how sumptuous her skin was, he wanted nothing more than to adore it all over again. A woman like Arda deserved to be adored.

"Checkers, chess or some other game?" asked Arda.

"Let's go with Chess, Arda...it's a game almost as old as me. The game requires strategy, patience and tactics. Those are all things I could work on....so let's play?!" Ctessaisil asked hopefully. He wanted to spend time with his mortal friend, to show Arda he cared for her.

"Alright..let's play...I'll be white though, ladies first?" She sat down and started sipping her coffee.

"Your move, Arda." said Ctessaisil. Gesturing towards the already set chessboard.

Arda took a bite of her gooey grilled cheese. "Yumm...this is delicious, thank you." she said. Arda and Ctessaisil played a few games of chess. After three games, Arda noticed that she had been winning them all.

"You're letting me win? Aren't you! It's really not fair to let me win. I mean I want to win but I also want to play against you in an honest game. I don't want you reading my mind to see what future moves I'm going to make. I just want you to play with me. Man to man...well woman to vampire. But, I hope you get the jist of what I'm saying.

"Alright Arda, that's fair. I'll turn my mind off to your thoughts. Just remember if you need something ask for it and you're setting yourself up to lose." teased Ctessaisil.

Arda stuck her tongue out at him. She hoped he was telling the truth. But, there was no way she could really know. Arda began a new game and moved her pawn. She felt like her pawn. She was caught up in some cosmic destiny she didn't understand and unknown forces were controlling her fate.

The couple played three more games. Ctessaisil won two and Arda won one. Still there was no way she could tell if he was reading her mind or not. Evening came. They enjoyed watching the sunset together. Arda reached out her hand and placed it on Ctessasil's. It was a good sign that he didn't yank it away but entwined his fingers deeper in her small hand.

Still, Arda was uncertain about her future. Were they just going to sit here? Would Ctessiasil just summon her things until the young vampires arrived? She wanted to know. But, she didn't want to know. Arda's destiny lay before her and it terrified her. Her future was very volatile.

Ctessiasial spoke. "I don't need to read your mind to know you have some heavy things you're thinking about. Want to talk about them, Arda?

Arda shook her head and grasped his hand tighter. She wanted alot and didn't know how to voice or explain her desires. Would an ancient vampire even understand? Arda wanted to run away to a safe place she knew didn't exist. She wanted him to hold her even though she didn't know his feelings for her. Tears filled her eyes as she stared at him, and her heart pounded loudly in her ears. It was all just too much.

Ctessiasil reached out and touched her cheek gently making her flinch. He wiped away a tear. She wanted to get away before she was completely lost. She couldn't stand this compulsion. She couldn't stand it to be a lie.

"Arda," he breathed. "Look at me. Look in my eyes."

She didn't want to look, did she? She couldn't. She didn't want his feelings for her to be an act.

"Arda," he softly cooed, almost begging.

GOD! She couldn't think. Something inside was screaming and she wanted to scream with it. She looked up into his stunning jade eyes. They seemed almost to glow, as though he was illuminated from within.

"Arda," his smooth, melodious voice chanted.

He leaned in a little closer and brushed her hair from her face. His fingers caressed her cheek gently making her shiver involuntarily. Arda stared at him feeling as though she was falling into some kind of trance. His glorious eyes were hypnotizing her.

"Kitten," he breathed softly.

Her body trembled at the sound. How could a man's voice sound so beautiful? She sunk into him; his eyes, his touch, his voice. Slowly her laboring heart slowed, and her panting breaths became deep once again.

"Ctessiasil," she whimpered in his strong embrace. Her voice sounded pitiful and weak to her ears and she felt tears fill her eyes in shame and frustration at her own mortality. "Ctessiasil," she choked again despite herself.

"Shh," he whispered. "You're okay, Arda" He pulled her close and held her tightly stroking her back comfortingly. "You're alright."

She clung to him like he was the only thing that anchored her spinning world. He was her safe harbor in the disaster that was currently her life. Ctessiasil was...a vampire.

"Oh God!" she sobbed in frustration.

"Let's talk about it," he breathed softly in her ear.

"You know what I was..." she began in surprise but she stopped herself. Of course he knew. He was a vampire. He could read her mind. He knew everything she always thought.

"You have a right to question me. I'm a vampire. I'm very different from you. You've never dealt with us supernaturals before. Come. Let me answer your questions," he paused and looked into her eyes gently, almost sadly. "Please."

It was the slightly vulnerable look in his eyes that shattered any remaining resolve to resist him. How could she deny such a man, as powerful as he was, when he looked at her so tenderly? He kept his arm about her, comforting her as though he seemed to know she needed him to steady her life.

The couple sat in silence as they watched the evening stars come out."Ask me anything, Arda" he said after a while. "What do you want to know?"

She looked into his handsome face. His stunning eyes were soft and gentle, and his wavy hair was tousled. It was hard to believe that this man drank the blood of others to live. It wasn't the question she really wanted to ask, but it was a beginning.

"What is it like to..." she shrugged helplessly. She didn't think 'sucking blood' was an appropriate thing to say.

"Feed?" he said for her.

She nodded.

He sighed. "I don't remember how blood used to taste to me before," he admitted. "They say it's coppery, but to me it's sweet. I suppose it's like drinking the best, sweetest wine you can imagine." He stared out thoughtfully. "Strangely enough, this is the first time in a long time I've actually had to hunt. I'd almost forgotten the elation of drinking flowing, warm blood."

"Can I see your fangs?" Arda asked a little timidly.

His gentle eyes grew a little wary then and she could see a myriad emotions flash though his eyes. It made her want to cry. Was he truly a monster and he'd been hiding it from her all this time? For a moment she thought he wouldn't show her, but finally he sighed.

" You know, I can't deny you anything, Arda," he said, his sensuous voice sounding almost sad. "I know you don't understand how much power you have over me. Forgive me. I should tell you no, because I think it will upset you, but I can't."

Arda watched in fascination as he opened his mouth. Slowly his canines began to elongate and sharpen into fangs. It was...incredible; terrifyingly magical. She wondered if it was painful for him to make them grow from his gums like that, and she tried to imagine those fangs puncturing someone's neck. Would they ever be bared at her neck?

She looked back into his eyes fearing that his face had distorted somehow into one like the monsters she had seen on television. But everything other than those two, sharp, white fangs remained the same, except perhaps his eyes seemed to glow a little. There was no hint of a "demon in disguise" as the legends went. In fact, his fangs made him even more dangerously beautiful.

"Does it hurt when you bite people?" she asked, reaching out to touch them and then dropping her hand. It was probably not good etiquette to touch.

"Usually I suppress the sensation from their minds so they feel no pain," he admitted.

It was a strange juxtaposition to hear him talk in such a gentle voice and while looking at those deadly fangs. It occurred to her that she wasn't even afraid, even though he could probably rip out her throat if he wished.

Thoughts were also percolating through Ctessiasil's mind as he lay exposed to Arda. "Run Arda, run away from me. I deserve it. I've brought you nothing but pain and trouble."

Ctessiasil knew it would be best for Arda for her to leave. But, his soul also wanted her to stay. If she stayed she'd still be in grave danger but he would have her. Was it selfish for him to want something of his own after so long?

Arda yawned and stretched her arms. "Bedtime." Ctessiasil ordered. He watched his beloved Arda climb into bed. Ctessiasil went back in the living room to make preparations for their stand against the young vampires. Ctessiasil mediated on the seriousness of their plight. In all his eons, Ctessiasil had never faced a situation like this, even he was unsure of their destiny.