Blood Oath

Story Info
In the beginning.
1.5k words
4.06
5k
4

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/12/2023
Created 03/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Warning: If this is something that you are not interested in and do not enjoy reading. There are other stories out there you may like. If the grammatical errors are too much, stop reading and do something else. It would be best if you did not burn your brain cells. Thank you to the new followers and new readers. Please enjoy! also when I wrote this, I was listening to runaway (best sour purple ever) by Aurora, and idk this happened. To my Anonymous user who will hate anyway no matter what I do, please choke on cum.

(Shout out to Kenji for editing)

*

"Re-L, promise me." Paul spoke as he coughed up drops of blood. His breathing sounded like footsteps on gravel. Paul's dark finger reached for her face, and she touched his battered face and stroked his cold hands, as if the warmth of her fingers might still wake him.

"Shhh, baby, don't move." Re-L rocked him back and forth. "Why is this happening?" Disgusted and shocked, her stomach churned, Re-L's thoughts ran wild, as she clenched his fading warmth.

"Please Re-L..." Paul's voice cracked. "Pro..."

"I promise, Paul. My heart dies here." She held his body closer to hers.

There was so much blood. Re-L knew she couldn't help her husband. By the time her team arrived, Paul's whole team was gone, and so was hers. She was the only assassin left alive.

"Fuck, Paul, you should have waited for me!" Re-L shouted, as the tears poured out her eyes and landed on his cold skin. 'This is my fault. I should have been here,' her thoughts wild, like a fire roaring around her. She could feel his body getting colder under her.

"Paul, please, baby, say something." Re-L's voice ached with pain. No words escaped his cold, dead lips. She knew her lover was gone. She stretched her hands out.

"Blood astan," she called, as she raised her hand and slammed it down. As the bloody barrier grew around her, it shielded her cries as she rocked his cold body. "I'll váre-tye."

"Search the remaining area, kill anyone on-site," Gideon spoke. His voice was calm, but sharp when he gave the command. Suddenly, he stopped and stared.

"What is that?" he whispered. Gideon walked up, wearily towards the barrier, and one of his ghouls tapped his shoulders. He stopped and turned back toward the men.

"My lord, are you okay?" Messi spoke.

"Do you not see that?" Gideon's tone was of disbelief. How did they not see the wall of blood? "Do you not see that barrier?"

"My... Lord... Did you get hurt?" Another ghoul spoke. He sounded confused as if he was scared to say the words.

"We must get you back, if you are hurt, Lord Atreides," Messi spoke, as she walked toward Gideon.

"Do you doubt me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you?"

"No, Lord Atreides."

"Than why do you think I need a doctor?"

"My lord, I only suggest because...."

Before she could finish, he interrupted her. "Do my eyes not see all?"

"Yes, my lord."

"If you can't see, does that make me ill?"

"No, my lord."

"If you doubt me again, I'll rip your tongue out and feed it back to you," Gideon said, coldly.

Messi, her eyes widened as she dropped to her knees and placed her left hand over her heart. "I meant no disrespect, my lord."

"Don't let it happen again." Suddenly, he turned and strode away toward the bloody circle. It terrified him, but he was intrigued. "What is going on?" Gideon whispered, as he stepped closer. Gideon's men watched, as he walked in circles. They were worried, even terrified. They were not sure what he was looking for, as he walked.

"Call the captain; something is wrong with the King," Messi whispered. The ghoul rushed from her side, hurtled feet first, in search of the captain.

Gideon reached out and touched the barrier. The blood engulfed his hand, but he could pull his hand out. Just then, the wall began to unravel. Messi and the ghouls gasped as they stared at the circle of blood shatter into pieces.

"Much better," Gideon spoke, as he shook the blood off. Gideon stared at the tiny and nameless creature with glaring white eyes, as its bony claws held a dead man. Her skin was white against the black, her claws coral, her hair gleaming, and the warm smell of Femme filled the air. Gideon could feel his heart pounding and his hands shaking. He felt gravity pulling them together. Stopping in his tracks, Gideon went over and stared at her. The connection he felt was... this is his mate.

Gideon looked down, and the body she once held was gone. He looked her up and down, his mouth tense. The next minute, he saw into her past, she ran very slowly through a field with someone. "Paul," Gideon whispered.

Re-L stood up sharply. She hissed at him, and a tremendous blast knocked him away from her.

"What happened?" Gideon opened his eyes and saw a sculpture of sand standing before him. "Where is Messi?" His ears ringing, it took Gideon and the others several seconds to realize the creature had turned Messi into dust and smoke. Letting out a loud shriek, Gideon hit his fist on the ground. She had died protecting him. 'Why was his mate here of all places, why here? Why would the great Goddess Enyo give him such a mate?' Gideon thought they were wild as his head began to bleed above his eyebrow.

Within seconds, his men gathered around him.

"Lord Atreides, please take this." One of the ghouls brought him a warm arm of a human. Gideon drank the bloody arm, until it turned cold. Gideon's complexion changed, but his wounds healed slowly.

"Where is my ma--the beast?" Gideon croaked, "Have you ever seen such a thing?"

"Never."

"We will protect you with our lives, Lord Atreides."

"Please, don't kill it." Gideon looked distraught and exhausted.

"My lord, we must." All Gideon could do, was watch the way she moved. He was not sure what this creature was before him and his Ghouls. She was in a trance as she danced elegantly, beautifully, and poised; moving so lightly, her feet barely touched the ground. When he saw her claw finger turn into a knife. She gutted one of the ghouls and knocked another one off his balance, and drove her knife through a gap in the leather waistcoat, up under the breastbone, to his heart. Gideon was in love. She appeared as if she was in a trance.

Gideon could see her lips moving. "Don't lose," was all he heard her, his mate, say. Gideon could see the sorrow in her eyes as she quickly took them out. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face him.

She stepped forward to assert a defensive stance. The wind screamed, and Re-L screamed with it. It was the cry of a woman drowning in the kind of pain that made your heart stop. Gideon felt his heart break for his mate. They both had their eyes glued towards each other; it was such a pivotal moment, that time stood still. She'd smiled at Gideon as she killed each of his ghouls; was she planning on saving him for the last kill. 'Oh Goddess, why must her smile be so beautiful, was her face the last beautiful thing he would see.' Before she could plunge her knife-like claw fingers into his heart, she suddenly went flying, hitting a wall. He turned to his right and saw Moe, the captain of his army, standing beside him.

"My Lord, are you okay? I came as quickly as I could." She looked worried. She was the top vampire fighter in the land, but even Gideon didn't know if Moe could handle this hunter. "Where are my sister and the rest of the ghouls, my lord?"

"I'm sorry, Moe, but Messi is gone."

"She died saving you, just like I would give my life for you." Moe looked sad, frustrated. Gideon knew he would have to tell her that his mate had killed her sister.

"Help me to my feet," Gideon commanded.

"Sire, we have to get out of here." Moe gave Gideon a confused look, as if she didn't understand how this human was able to kill her sister. "No way she did that all by herself, but she's just a human."

Gideon's eyes reacted to the comment, as if he thought the same thing. "She's super strong. I wasn't expecting that."

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway, she is dying," Moe said, pointing at her. He could see the puddle of blood coming from her body.

"Damn, Moe, how hard did you kick her?"

"Not hard enough, she is moving, my lord. We must leave."

"Wait, we must..." before Gideon could speak, he passed out, causing Moe and his army to flee.

"Atreides, on me," Moe shouted.

"Atreides," the men shouted.

Re-L laid huddled on her side, as if she was sleeping, covered in blood and dirt. Her body was returning to its form. Her all-black suit was torn halfway off her body with her breast exposed. Her hands were curled up. She was dying. Her translucent rags and loose hair swirled around her limp body like the tentacles of a medusa. The lights went out, and she disappeared just as quickly.