Bloodline 1752

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Normal folk are attracted to a mate because there is something in the way they look or walk or hold their head. Often, it's just because they think that they are the best that they can do. The unfortunate ones choose someone because nobody else asks them.

With rich aristocratic men, they choose a mate because they feel that it will improve their bloodline. Even the ugliest man believes that marrying a handsome woman may mean that they don't have ugly children. But there is no certainty in it.

Beautiful women choose a rich aristocratic man because he is a rich aristocratic man.

I don't think that I've ever seen the Earl but he must be very rich.

I fully expected the Countess to be haughty and unpleasant but when she opened her mouth I was surprised. "You bargain well Mistresses, most people run when I call.

"I admire your confidence. I wish I had some." she said.

"Surely, his Lordship gives you confidence?" I asked.

"His Lordship only gives me doubt." she replied.

"My sole purpose in life is to produce an heir. If I can't do that I am as useless as an Arab mare that can't produce a foal her thinks."

I shook my head and said, "Doesn't he understand that these things require love and time?"

"He understands Race Horses.

"The love is entirely one-sided.

"Despite what you may think, I was enamoured with him from the start. I foolishly thought that he felt the same." her Ladyship said.

I could feel her sadness.

"Rumour has it that you can get me pregnant." she added.

I raised my hands and cried, "Good Lord, I hardly think so!"

The Countess laughed. "Forgive me but I think you know what I mean." she said,

"There are things that can be done. It depends how desperate you are."

"I am past desperation."

"Then, your Ladyship, we need to have a confidential conversation." I said.

"I am going to show you an extremely reliable method of conception. But it has to be and remain our secret."

I took her by the hand, she made no objection.

Cracking open the door to the forge we both peered through. Hugh was stripped to the waist and had his back to us. I know that I am biased, but the sight of his rippling back and shoulder muscles was thrilling.

Her Ladyship gripped my hand as I closed the door. I could feel that she was as thrilled as I was.

She looked at me quizzically and said, "Do I understand you? You are proposing that I allow the Smith to father my child?"

"Precisely. He has provided me with five children and has done the same for at least a dozen other women.

"To put it in the Racing terms that the Earl would understand, he has a proven track record." I said.

She took in what I was saying. Then she said, "No, I couldn't commit adultery."

"It wouldn't be adultery. It is simply a medical procedure.

"If you were visited by a Physician and he bled you with leeches, you wouldn't say that you had committed adultery with the leeches, would you?" I concluded.

"I suppose not." the lady said.

"A simple medical procedure." I said again.

She thought for a few moments and then said, "Would we have to do it now?"

"Heaven forbid," I said, "unless your time is exactly right."

I felt her forehead. We had a little womanly talk about time and tides and the moon.

"Take this potion for a week and then come back. If you don't want to continue you can just give your maid a message instead." I told her.

"And how are these potions made?" the Countess enquired.

I explained, "By pouring boiling water onto herbs and the like and allowing it to infuse."

"Like China tea?" she said.

"Only very rich people have knowledge of China tea but you may well be right." I told her.

"How much will you expect to be paid for this service?" she asked.

She fully expected me to take advantage of her desperation.

"Whatever you feel it's worth. Wait until you are sure that it has worked and then pay me.

"If you want to pay in coin, I would be grateful if you could make it silver and not gold. That way fewer questions will be asked." I said, subtly letting her know that I would expect a reasonable amount but not an excessive amount.

"Very well. I will consider what you say for a week although I do have my reservations. Please let it remain our secret." the Countess said.

She drew on the cape and allowed the hood to conceal her head. I opened the door, resisting the urge to curtsy, as she left.

...................................................

Four days passed before I mentioned to Hugh that his services may be needed. I explained that as actual money may be involved, I wanted to ensure that the lady got full value. To that end, I told him that I would be obliged if he took his time.

He suggested that if I didn't tickle his bollocks it would help.

Hugh gave the impression that he wasn't fussy if he did or didn't tupp an aristocratic lady but we both knew that it may be his only opportunity to do so. Just to prove that the prospect didn't excite him in the slightest he tupped me right there in the forge while I braced myself against the anvil.

.......................................

What people want from a wise woman and what people expect from a wise woman can vary greatly. Most want to be made better or at least to feel better. A few expect that I can make them live forever. Much sadder are people like Granny Spriggs.

Granny Spriggs is in her ninetieth year. Her husband is long dead and her only son was killed at the Battle of Blenheim.

"Young Maddy," she said, "my life is such a mournful thing. Every bone in my body aches and I struggle to rise from my bed each dawn.

"Would you go into your pantry and find something to end my days?"

I shook my head and said, "Nothing would give me greater pleasure, Granny, for you are such a disagreeable old crone."

She quivered with laughter.

"Maddy, I come here, each week, full of woes and all you can do for me is to make me laugh."

"And does the laughter make you feel better?" I asked.

"It does." answered Granny.

"In that case you need no deadly potion and there is no charge." I said.

..................................................

When the Countess returned her disguise had not improved. I was glad to see that she had belayed the more ridiculous London fashion for something a little more becoming. I knew little of society ladies but I had heard that they wear huge panniers under their dresses. Why they cannot be satisfied with the hips that The Good Lord gave them, I don't know.

We spoke. I wanted to ensure that she was happy to continue.

"You are shaking my lady. There is no need to be afraid." I said.

She replied, "I wish that it was fear that makes me shake but I am afraid that it is something far baser."

"Good, if you are feeling lustful it means that your body is receptive."

I took her hand.

Opening wide the door to the forge we walked through.

Hugh carried on hammering at the anvil as if we weren't there.

"If you can spare the time you are needed." I said.

Hugh turned and put down his tools. He removed his leather apron to reveal his perfectly sculpted chest. Followed by his boots. Finally, he unbuttoned his breeches.

I thought that her Ladyship might bolt when she saw Hugh's cock but she just gripped my hand tightly.

Without a word he washed his hands and then drenched himself in the remaining water.

Leading the countess back into the cottage, I asked, "Do you drop or lift your skirt, my lady?"

"It is not an activity I have ever performed clothed before." she answered.

I said, "You have my sympathy, my lady."

"I would suggest that dropping it may serve best." I added.

She reached behind her and pulled on the bow that held the waist band. Her silk skirt slipped to the floor. She stepped out of it.

It was rather a strange sight to see her bodice and triangular stomacher still in place but below that only her short shift and silk hoes, tied above the knee. Her shoes were so dainty.

"If you would care to perch on the edge of the table, my lady." I asked.

"Oh, I thought that I would be taken to bed." she said.

I looked shocked and said, "Now that would be adultery. This is where medical procedures take place."

With her long legs she was able to lift her buttocks onto the table quite easily.

"I will give you some privacy." I announced, with absolutely no intention of doing any such thing.

I drew the pantry curtain almost closed and turned to watch.

Hugh strode towards the Countess and without a word slipped his strong hands under her thighs. He positioned those long legs over his shoulders and entered her.

I saw her eyes widen and her mouth open. Then she closed her eyes tightly.

Pausing only briefly before he commenced his work, Hugh shuffled forward. His thrusting sounded like someone working the great bellows on the forge.

The action was forceful and rhythmic. A lustful groan came from the countess on every stroke.

On and on Hugh stuck to his task.

Just when I was beginning to regret my concerns about her receiving full value, Hugh stopped suddenly.

"Turn around," he ordered.

"What?" said the Countess.

"Face the other way!" he said impatiently.

She slipped from the table and turned.

Gently and yet forcefully, Hugh pushed her forward.

With full confidence in his aim, he slipped into the lady.

He rumped her. Long and hard.

If anything her groans were loader. I doubt she had experienced the pleasure of raw animal passion before today. The lady cried out in overflowing ecstasy. She would have to endure more. Unless Hugh completed his task all would be in vane.

I pushed my hand under my bodice. Finding a teat, I pulled hard on it with every thrust that Hugh made.

Still he rumped on. From where I was hiding I could hear the squelching of their union.

And then his work was done. He stood stock still long enough to ensure that the high born lady had received all of the blacksmith's seed and then without a word he went.

Her Ladyship was slumped over the table panting.

I waited before I approached her. "Your Ladyship," I said, offering her a warm moist flannel. Slowly she raised herself.

"Thank you," she said as she took it. "Thank you very much."

She was about to wipe her nonny with it when I stopped her. "For your face, my lady. Better to leave down there undisturbed for a while."

"Oh, of course," she said.

She suddenly regained her composure. Her breeding gained the upper hand.

"I feel that the procedure went well." she said.

"As do I," I agreed.

"But to make sure, should I return tomorrow?" she asked.

"No, that won't be necessary but if in two months you feel that it needs to be repeated, that will be your choice.

"Besides, I don't need to remind you that very soon you must visit his Lordship's bed and convince him that you have an overwhelming lust for him.

"This night or tomorrow would be best." I added.

"Oh! You are right. I hadn't considered that." said the Countess.

.......................................................

I nearly scolded Hugh for the enthusiastic way he had approached his work. But I decided that it would be wrong to criticise a craftsman for doing a job too well.

We didn't speak of it but over the next few days Hugh was especially tender with me.

After two days, the countess' maid appeared at the door with a small bag of shillings. It also contained a slip of paper on which was written 'On Account'.

I put it away safely. To my mind this was a transaction based on the end result. I wanted to be able to return the coins if necessary.

..........................................................

In the towns and cities everything is hussle and bussle. Everybody, rushing here and there. At least, I should imagine it is. I've never actually been to one myself.

In the countryside things move more slowly. We are less concerned with time and dates. In church, the vicar tells us what Saint's day it is and what Saint's day it was going to be next. The only really important days are the quarter day. These are usually when things like rents and wages had to be paid. Even then a day or so either side made little difference.

The calendar is based on the seasons and agricultural events.

Nobody had much regard for the actual day or the actual month. That was until September of this year. Then somebody stole eleven days.

The vicar said that we were moving from one calendar to another calendar. He didn't really say why.

Now, people who thought that dates had little value suddenly thought that they were made of gold.

Eventually things settled down although only God knows when Christmas is.

...........................................................

Someone to whom dates held some significance was the Countess. Hers came and went and she thought that she could be pregnant. Then further dates passed and she was sure that she was pregnant. Finally, she was certain enough to tell the Earl.

I know this because one morning her maid arrived at my door. With a broad grin on her face she said, "I don't know what your potion is made of but it has worked on my lady."

She handed me a small bag which contained more silver Crowns than I had seen in my whole life. Inside was a note which said 'With my eternal thanks'. The maid also gave me a little packet with the words 'China Tea' written on it.

'My lady thought that you may like to try that. I did once and I didn't like it." the girl said.

................................................

Alfred returned home.

It should have been a happy time but it wasn't.

"I will stay for a month and then it is my intention to travel to the Commonwealth of Virginia," Alfred said.

"Oh no!" I exclaimed.

Hugh said, "I thought that you might."

"But why?" I asked, "I always hoped that you would work alongside your father."

"They say that the Americas are filling up fast and I want to go while there is still some space left. I think that a good Blacksmith could do well."

"You may be right to go," said Hugh.

"No he's not," I said.

"Maddy, you know in your heart that he is."

"Yes, but nothing will make me say it." I replied.

"Why Virginia?" I added.

"Because they say it is like Dorset," said Alfred.

I sulked for days. And then I sulked some more.

It was the right thing for him to do but I couldn't bring myself to admit it. England was an old country with old ways. The Colonies were new with new opportunities.

When I was finally able to put my hand on his head and give him my blessing he was so glad. He was delighted with the bag of silver Crowns that I gave to him to help him to buy a little land from the Indians and to build a forge.

"Promise me two things," I asked, "never forget that Dorset and Wiltshire made you what you are."

"I could never forget that." Alfred said, "What is the second thing?"

I looked at Hugh and said, "Try to live well inland so that you may only ever eat river fish."

12