Bloodlines of Old

Story Info
She marks me, for what? I don't know yet.
5.3k words
4.62
10k
27

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/29/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nercited
Nercited
121 Followers

Please comment, you hate it you love it, anything. I'm open to suggestions for other ideas as well. I'm on a roll guys, hit me with your best shot!

It was the call I never wanted to hear, "Is this Cassidy Wells?" A stranger asked when I picked up my cell. "Yes, this is her," I responded hesitantly, hiding out near the mop bucket area of work where I waited tables. "It's Anne, from Carble homes," I almost dropped the phone right then, straight into the mop bucket. "Abbigail, is requesting you come see her very soon if you can, I fear, it may be the last time." I was already grabbing my clothes at the mention of my grandmother's care facility. "I was just there yesterday, what happened?" I was confused as I mouthed to my boss to cover me. It was an emergency. He nodded as I struggled to hold the phone and make my way to the bus station.

"Nothing serious has happened, but she's been insisting that you are coming today and she can't wait to say goodbye," tears started falling down my face, "I'm not supposed to call contacts when this happens, but you probably hold the record for visiting time, and I've seen you with her. She told me once something that was about to happen before it did and I'm, I, I believe her." I was nodding and rubbing my forehead now through some nervous giggles, "Yeah she has that about her doesn't she? I'm catching the first bus now, and Anne, thanks, I'll see you when I get there."

I tried to dial my mother's number, blocked, I tried my father's, blocked, I even tried my sister's, blocked. I thought they had a right to know even though I knew they wouldn't care. They had all blocked me after I dropped out of college. I thought my time would be better spent visiting Nana, it certainly was more enjoyable. But my family thought otherwise, "She's losing her mind, you know what those degenerative diseases do, she'll only spew incoherent babble until she passes, all you can do is remember her as she was." I couldn't disagree more. But they thought I was throwing my life away when I stopped taking classes so I could put Nana in a better home.

When my mother was too busy chasing after some political scheme to get her nominated, Nana tucked me in at night and told me stories of werewolves, vampires, and witches. When my father was out of town working all the time, it was Nana that taught me how to cook. When my sister was busy slutting her way to the top of the corporate ladder, Nana was teaching me about history. It was hard enough for my family to accept that I went to school for creative writing, but once I dropped out, they were through with me. It was just Nana and I, and apparently soon it would be just me. Nana had inspired my creative streak and I was almost finished with my first book. I cried now, thinking she would never get to read the words inspired by her.

I composed myself as I took the three block walk to the care home. I seemed almost unaffected by the time I strolled through the entrance, except I was still in my uniform, apron and all. But I knew Nana didn't care. When I got closer to her room, I noticed more staff than usual making their way in and out, Anne met my gaze, "I'm so glad you're here, she won't eat she says she doesn't want to cross over with a full belly." I gave her an appreciative nod and strolled in.

"Hey Nana," I plopped myself on the side of her bed and leaned over to kiss her on the cheek.

"Cassidy darling, I knew you would witness this," I wasn't sure what she meant but my stomach told me I didn't want to.

"Anne seemed a little worried when she called me, she said you wouldn't eat," I stroked her cheek now as she seemed more frail with each visit.

"Darling I couldn't possibly cross over with a full stomach, how would I look good for my first ever pack run?" I wasn't sure if she really was losing it now or not. I just wanted her to feel happy in her last moments.

"I've almost finished my book Nana, I'm going to dedicate it to you," I wanted her to know how much she meant to me.

"Isn't that sweet of you, but you won't need to write much longer, I've seen her, she is coming for you," her words were quiet but they sounded violent.

"What do you mean she's coming for me?" I tried not to sound as scared as I was.

"I wanted to meet her, do tell Charlotte that I'll come back from the grave if she doesn't imprint you properly," she seemed to chuckle at herself but I was more confused.

"Nana, you aren't making any sense. I don't know anyone named Charlotte, you must be thinking of those old tales you used to tell me," I fought as hard as I could not to tear up, this was the only moment I thought maybe my family was right about not wanting to see her this way.

"I never told you any tales my dear, they were all real, every last one of them. Your mother quite hated the fantastical nature of our history, but you, you had to know all of it, I was trying to prepare you for the Alpha," I knew she was gone then. As if the tales of vampires, witches, and werewolves from bedtime stories were real.

"Our people have always had a special place in the pack, this necklace," she pointed to the single ruby pendant on her gold chain, "is the lifeforce of our bloodline, and it is time my dear, that you take it on. You are ready," it took her several seconds to lean up and undo the latch before she placed it into my hands.

"With the blood of old, of all, I give to you, grant to you, the power of our ancestors, and the binds they committed themselves to. You will honor and cherish our bloodline as it merges, finally with the people of Luna. You will get as much as you give, but you are more than one, you are all of those that have come before you," she clasped her hands around mine with the necklace inside and I swear the room froze then restarted with a new energy that shocked my whole body. I closed my eyes against the invisible forces until I realized they were not there to hurt me. I slowly opened my eyes to what looked like a room in slow motion.

Several workers ran inside and one of them pulled me away from Nana, a few others tried to give her chest compressions as I felt I was looking inside a snow globe at the events happening before me. I leaned against the doorway not wanting to witness the moment she passed.

"I'm sorry Cassidy, but she was right," Anne was trying to console me as all I could do was nod and walk away slowly. It was raining outside as I stood at the bus stop, already soaked from the three block walk here. It didn't matter, nothing mattered right now, I could feel the pendant in my hand cut a little as it broke the skin under my clenched fists.

Somehow on autopilot, I was able to go to work the next day. It didn't take much for my coworkers to realize what had happened. I always spoke so highly of Nana and they knew I was working this job to help pay for her care.

"Cassidy, come over here," my boss, Jared, was beckoning me into his office.

"I know what's going on, you aren't making any customers happy right now," I started to protest. I needed the hours, the money, but he held up a hand to stop me.

"We all know you work hard here, ok, so take a few days off," I tried to interrupt him again, "Take a few paid days off, ok, I value you as an employee, and I want you to come back once you've sorted yourself out, yeah?" I couldn't believe how gracious he was being and almost started crying right there.

As I was walking towards the front door, Emily stopped me, "Hey are you taking any more tables before the end of your shift? There's a very adamant couple in booth four, saying they wanted you, specifically to take them." She obviously wasn't clued into my nonverbal messages. I glanced at the booth to see a younger couple, the woman met my eyes with a stare that ignited my core. Her long braided red hair was impeccably in place, I couldn't tell the color of her eyes because they only seemed like flames to my soul from here, and I had to concentrate to break her hold.

"Sorry, Jared just told me to take some time off, death in the family," Emily instantly wrapped me in a tight hug, "Oh I'm so sorry, honey, I'll take care of them for you, you take all the time you need." I couldn't help but notice the redhead seemed to almost crush the table in her fingers as Emily hugged me.

"Thanks, I'll see you soon, ok," she held me a while longer as the sound of growling bounced around in my head. I really did need to get some rest. It was still raining as I sat under a tree waiting for the bus, this 'station' if it could even be called that was nothing more than a sign posted on a pole. No benches, no cover, no anything to shield me from the elements while I waited. I was starting to shiver when I noticed a blacked out SUV idling down the road. It wouldn't be odd for a car to keep running the heat in this weather, but these were all residential areas for a couple blocks, what were they doing. I played with Nana's necklace as it seemed to heat up the more attention I gave the SUV. Thankfully the bus pulled up and I got on after ringing out some of my hair.

As I woke the next day to a wet pillow of tears, I was thankful that Nana had the foresight to plan everything for her passing. I simply had to sign some papers at the funeral home before the procession would happen the next day. I spent the rest of the day drinking and fantasizing that a black SUV was following me around.

The funeral was small, much too small for how big a person Nana was, neither of her children ever showed, and neither did any of my siblings. As I watched them lower her casket into the ground beside her decades old husband, I felt the world start to shake beneath my feet. I thought it was an earthquake until I looked up at the priest who seemed otherwise unconcerned. Maybe this was what grief felt like, true and utter despair. I walked slowly away and decided to walk home over the bus. I could swear the world was spinning a bit and that stupid SUV was following me.

A couple blocks from home, I had to succumb to the swirling as I ungracefully sat on someone's stoop. I clutched at the railing trying to right myself, it felt as if I had drunk a whole bottle of liquor. Sure enough that fucking SUV parked right in front of the steps. I thought maybe I was sitting on their steps and I stood to relocate. As I did I started falling straight to the pavement. Maybe this was the rest I had been unable to find. Before my face made contact, I felt strong arms wrap around me and hold me up.

"Shh, you're ok baby, I've got you, I've found you," the voice was melodic and I wanted to listen to it say anything. But it was still a stranger with their arms around me, I pushed and shoved at the arms but my vertigo only seemed to intensify. I couldn't even open my eyes as they burned as much as the necklace on my neck. I clutched at it and fully collapsed.

***********

I was confused when I woke up. I was in a large poster bed with light purple curtains hanging all around. They minimized the light but didn't stop it from shining through. I instinctively stroked my necklace, it seemed to have a mind of its own now as it burned with a message I wasn't understanding. I sat up and looked around, I pulled back one side of the curtain to reveal a floor to ceiling window with mountainous trees in the background. It was a breathtaking sight until I realized, I had no idea where the fuck I was. My heart rate quickened as I peaked further from the curtain. It seemed more like a lavish hotel suite than a bedroom.

I eased myself out of the bed, wondering where my shoes were, but grateful for the sound my bare feet wouldn't make on the hardwood floor. Where ever I was, I needed to get the fuck out of here. There was a tall old wooden dresser across from the bed beside the door. I clutched at the handle and took in a deep breath as I hoped the tall oak door wouldn't squeak with age as I opened it.

As the hallway outside the door came into view I could hear voices now. I didn't see anyone so I opened the door enough to slip through. I creeped towards the voices as the other end of the hallway was a dead end.

"Your time is running out Alpha, you have to imprint her before-" the first male voice was interrupted by the melodic voice I barely recognized, "Do you mean to challenge my decisions?" She was assertive and calm, it sent goosebumps up my spine. "No Alpha, sorry, you are right, you know what is best for the pack." The room seemed to go silent as I took a few more steps towards the voices. As I got to the doorway, the red head stepped and leaned on the frame crossing her arms.

"It's rude to eavesdrop, you know," She was confident and calm. I stepped back suddenly.

"Hardly a book of manners when you kidnap someone," I retorted back. She smiled fully now and I could tell she was used to getting her way. Her eyes were deep honey colored yellow and I could stare at them forever.

"I'm sorry we had to meet under such circumstances, I tried to intercept you before the bloodline awoke, but I wasn't the only one looking for you. I could hardly take the time for pleasantries," she took a step forward as I took a step back. I looked around for a weapon like a caged animal.

"Surely you feel our bloodlines calling to each other?" She seemed confused.

"I think if anyone has a right to be confused, it's the person you just kidnapped and threw in a bedroom," I was getting angry now and was tired of trying to hide it.

She uncrossed her arms now, "I'm sorry, you're right, I'm Charlotte," she extended her hand as I shook in place.

"I know you, I mean my Nana said your name, how did she know your name, who are you, where are we, what do you want with me?" I was unraveling with the revelation of her name. Surely this must be a coincidence. I didn't shake her hand at all and she seemed to grow impatient. I started slowly backing up, but she followed my lead. My necklace was almost burning now and I reached up to put my shirt between it and my skin.

She instantly dissolved the distance and clasped the necklace, "My Luna, I have only ever seen pictures of the blood ruby," I allowed her to touch it as her eyes changed.

"What's with your eyes?" I was scared now, but she had backed me up to a wall. She gently placed the necklace back and stroked under where it sat, the gesture sending ripples through my spine and I closed my eyes to clutch at the wall.

Her hands went to my hips now, "I'm sorry, it seems my omegas may have gotten something wrong," she bit her bottom lip and I stared at the pink flesh. "They told me you would know what was happening, have you not been apprenticed?" She was sincere and distracting.

"A-a-pprenticed for what? I work at a diner?" I stuttered out. She took a step back and for once seemed to lose her composure. I missed the heat from her hands already as I fought the urge to lean back into her embrace. She paced the small hallway in front of me. Clearly trying to compose herself as a small growl came from her, my heart pounded with primal warning, I needed to get out of here. I waited until I thought I could shoot past her. I pressed off the wall, hard, and darted when her back was turned. It happened so suddenly, but her whole body was pressed against me, against the wall. I couldn't mistake the growling now as she leaned in and nuzzled my neck. I went weak as she sucked in the air beside my ear.

"You are mine," the last word came out in a growl, almost imperceptible. I shivered and clutched at her waist trying to stabilize my breathing. Even though every part of me was touching her, it wasn't enough, I was hot everywhere. She nibbled my ear and I whimpered as my core heated to a million degrees. I wanted to rub myself on her for relief. My hands alternated between pushing and pulling her away, needing something to ease the energy flowing through me.

She slowly leaned back and looked into my eyes, hers had changed again, or were still changing, to a honey glow with a reddish tint that were too large for her sockets. I swallowed mostly out of fear. She leaned back licking her lips then tangled our fingers together as she pulled me down the hallway. I followed like a lost puppy, or a pig heading to the slaughter, I wasn't sure which was a better description. When we passed the room I heard her speaking from before, a man tried to interrupt her, "Alpha there is-" She cut him off without even looking at him, "Not now Ethan." The power in her voice unnerved me as he bowed his head.

We passed several other large wooden doors until we came to a set of double doors which she pushed through easily against the protest of their weight.

"This will have to be a crash course, I'm sorry I don't have time to serenade you as I wish," I blushed at the thought of this strong redhead taking time to win me over. Although in reality I was incoherently already there. The room was a vast library, complete with a few ladders on track to reach the two story height of books. A car sized fireplace sat with a small fire in the center of the large back wall. And there was hand painted art from all across history cataloged sequentially through time halfway up the walls. It was almost set up to read them from one corner of the room to the last. She led me to the first painting near the doors. I gasped at the detail as she tightened her fingers around mine.

"This is my history, well your history." I took in the painting. It was a beautiful full moon overlooking a mountain range near some water. There was a lone wolf standing at the edge of a cliff as two small pups tumbled further away. Although animals weren't people, I could feel the trepidation and worry from the large wolf. And maybe sadness?

"This is Jormiah, the father of us all, well, you'll see. Those are his two pups, Callum and Anthony." Somehow I was instantly invested in learning everything from this story, "Why does Jormiah look so sad?" She seemed to tense a little, "Because he knew that one day, his two sons would not be playing together anymore, they would be fighting, forever." I wanted to ask what she meant by forever, but she tugged me to the next painting.

This one was a medieval battlefield, but the soldiers were wolves, no they were part wolf part man. "W-werewolves?" I asked, trying to tug my hand out of hers, but she only grasped mine tighter and pulled me closer to her side, our arms touching now. The heat radiating off of her and into me was like silken lava.

"Not traditionally speaking, but in a way yes. The two brothers would eventually go to war with each other over what they considered to be the proper bloodlines of our people. Callum didn't care if the line was pure, he wanted his pack to find their mates, whatever that looked like in the eyes of Luna. But Anthony was set on having only born werewolves comprise his pack."

"Is this really some stupid war over 'pure' bullshit?" I was taken aback that there were still people who thought that pure, good, and whatever meant the same for everyone.

"Joriah was born with the wolf blood in him, he had Anthony first, in after decades of searching for a mate but not finding one, he took a Beta female to be his in order to continue the line of royalty. But Callum, came from a human woman, Joriah's true mate not long after," I knew this was supposed to be history, but the way she spoke it was better than any teacher I ever had.

"So they were like half brothers?" I asked, trying to make sense of all this.

"If that definition suits to help you understand then yes, they had the same father but different mothers. This of course all happened centuries ago. This war has never stopped, there was a small truce during the human world wars, but eventually it went back to bloodshed." Charlotte tugged me to a full portrait now, the man in it seemed to have her eyes, and maybe her nose as well. They definitely had the same color hair.

Nercited
Nercited
121 Followers
12